• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Welcome to PizzaWagon and Nobump! lots of luck ladies. Nobump- what mth do you want me to add you to on our 1st page? :) x

Pcct- Hope your healing well and feeling better very soon x

Rosie- So glad your appt went well and so lovely you took your dd x

Hi to Lovetoeatcake, glad your ok x

Hi to all the gang and i hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the new year x

AFM- I can't sleep. It's our consultant appt tomorrow morning and then Jane's funeral in the afternoon so feels so weird. Discussing trying to create life in the morning and my best friend being cremated in the afternoon... i am struggling to cope tbh :( xxx

Hun am thinking of u so much! Try to stay strong I know it's so easy for me to st here and say that! But good luck at ur appt in morning. And thinking if u in afternoon hope everything goes ok :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I suck with words :haha:

Thanks hun. Means a lot. Going to be a very sad day. only last year we were at the same crematorium for my lovely mum :( praying 2013 brings my baby to help heal us from all this heartache xxx

:sad1:
Am pretty sure 2013 is guna be a great year :) it will all fall exactly into place :)

Hi Africqueens heart goes out to you.
Not sure which month yet need to find out costs in full and hubby needs to get his head round the costs first.

Thanks hun. Means a lot. Going to be a very sad day. only last year we were at the same crematorium for my lovely mum :( praying 2013 brings my baby to help heal us from all this heartache xxx

I am SO so sorry. It sounds like you have had a very rough time in the last year, and I can't even imagine. I will be saying a prayer for you tonight for comfort and strength. If you need to vent you can send me a private message. I'm here to listen (or read, in this case :)). I hope this thread is a very lucky thread for you and everyone else in here. 2013 seems to be our year ladies! :hugs:

How is everyone doing today? Thinking about you all!

Been very lazy today :D hope u r okayy :) and everyone else

Hi ladies, thank you for supportive messages. Means a lot x

Well yesterday was every bit as sad as i thought it would be. As well as being sad saying goodbye to Jane i was sad thinking about my mums funeral as it was at the same place last August. I was back in work today and so drained and felt so ill. Went doctor before and she said iv got shingles again ;( cos my immune system is so run down. Roll on the wkend so i can recover. Im on strong antibiotics for a wk.

We had our appt yesterday and the cons pretty much said we won't get funding for this next cycle but advised us to try our mp and see if she can help us with the re-appeal so we are going to do this. Either way we will be starting in March so feeling very optimistic now. He is going to send me a appt for gyne outpatients for Jan/feb to have a hysteroscopy and uterine scratch(helps aid implantation) and me an dh have a appt for 19th of feb to get everything in place for starting in march :) xxx

Hi Africa queen lol loving the name....

Am waiting to start my 1st IVF in January well am waiting on
The post man to bring me consultation letter what should
Be for around the 8th January. Depending on if our results are ok
We should be good to start end of January...

Am so sorry about your previous IVF cycles fingers crossed
This will be 3rd time lucky :)
Me am only getting one go because of the funding in this area
It's really not fair I was living in Liverpool and I got told 3 goes
I've moved to Manchester now it's only one am weLLC
Gutted over it like but hey go some couples don't get any x

AQ I'm so sorry you had a tough couple of weeks :hugs:

With you saying you have low immune system have you had immunology testing done? They only really do it in London ivf clinics but it's not available on the nhs I spoke to a girl th other day who had 3 failed ivf cycles then had immunology testing done before her 4th cycle and it turned out to have been her problem so she was given steroids throughout her ivf cycle and now has twins.

Gillian11= welcome to our group :) In liverpool you only get 2 funded cycles not 3 :( in Manchester pct my friend got 3 funded cycles so you should at least get the 2 that most pcts offer. Everything will change in the new year anyway cos they are doing away with PCTS as far as im aware so don't lose hope. Why do you need IVF? always a chance of a miracle for some people :) x

Wannabe- Yes my immune system is always so terrible. I pick up everything :( i have shingles at the moment and im on very strong meds for it. So shattered. i will mention steroids to our cons when we have our next appt in Feb which is to plan treatment for March's cycle. Thanks for the thumbs up :) how are you doing? x

Cali - Happy Thanksgiving to you too ;) we don't celebrate it here in the UK but i think its a lovely tradition and always wish i was in the US around this time to join in :)

Hi to all the gang xxx

Yes I would mention it they may not do much about it but simple solution of steroids it can't hurt to try it,

I'm ok just waiting I can call and request treatment on my next AF which is due beginning oh dec so I hope I get accepted.

I hope your feeling bette very soon :( xxx

Hi thanks for the welcome :)
It was Liverpool that told me 3 and now Manchester
As told me am getting one your right it's the pct for each area
I think it's wrong who has the right to say one couple is ok for 3 & at the same
Time dash another couples dream just because of a postcode
It's wrong were all in the same boat and should be treated
The same grrrrrrrr rant over

I need IVF because i've got no tubes so it really would be a miracle for me lol :)

Hi thanks for the welcome :)
It was Liverpool that told me 3 and now Manchester
As told me am getting one your right it's the pct for each area
I think it's wrong who has the right to say one couple is ok for 3 & at the same
Time dash another couples dream just because of a postcode
It's wrong were all in the same boat and should be treated
The same grrrrrrrr rant over

I need IVF because i've got no tubes so it really would be a miracle for me lol :)

hi i totally agree with you its wrong how postcode determains how many cycles you get it infuriates me so much, when do you start your cycle have you got a date yet? x

ive just phoned and got my scan and blood test booked for wednesday apparntley it takes upto 3 weeks for blood results to come back but she said she can sometimes for about a week to 10 days to get a verbal result once we have these we can set an official start date!!!

Hey everyone hope u r all well :)
Am so exicted that November is almost over its all going really fast! Am hoping to get back to the gym ASAP to loss more weight before my ivf not fully recovered from op yet aargh!
All this postcode carry on bugs me too the clinic wear is a 3 year waiting list coz of my postcode but if I lived next to clinic it's 2 months :(

Hello, hope you don't mind me joining. I'm hoping to have my first IVF in Jan after 3 failed attempts at IUI. Got an appointment with the consultant 20th Dec when we know all she'll say is try IVF (and that's £140 for that advice thank you very much!). So immediately after have appointment with nurses to talk through the whole thing so we can start immediately. it's all a bit rushed but I've just turned 42 so time is running out and we can't afford to hang about. Really hope this works out for us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->