IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

hi ellie, good luck with your ivf journey too will you go to czech again then, do you mind me asking how much cheaper it is to go abroad how long do you have to be over there?

Im great thanks africaqueen hoping the run up to xmas will keep me occupied and make the time go a bit quicker!

wanabemama good luck fingers crossed for lots of eggs for you when is your EC scheduled for? x

hi ellie, good luck with your ivf journey too will you go to czech again then, do you mind me asking how much cheaper it is to go abroad how long do you have to be over there?

Im great thanks africaqueen hoping the run up to xmas will keep me occupied and make the time go a bit quicker!

wanabemama good luck fingers crossed for lots of eggs for you when is your EC scheduled for? x

Thank you EC should hopefully be a week tomorrow I have a blood test on Tuesday and U/S on Thursday.

January will e her in no time :hugs:

Hi Everyone

Hope I could join in :) Here's a bit about myself

Myself:23 - perfect. diagnostic lap all clear
DH:24 - 110 million swimmers , 30% motility, 0% morphology
TTC: 2 Years

I've tried clomid, monitired cycles and timed intercourse. no luck
3 failed iui's

our only hope is ivf/icsi. starting in january 2013 as DH wants to go on holiday in December. Looking forward to it, though i must admit I'm a bit nervous. Hope we all get lucky and get our BFP's

Baby Dust to all

Hi Everyone

Hope I could join in :) Here's a bit about myself

Myself:23 - perfect. diagnostic lap all clear
DH:24 - 110 million swimmers , 30% motility, 0% morphology
TTC: 2 Years

I've tried clomid, monitired cycles and timed intercourse. no luck
3 failed iui's

our only hope is ivf/icsi. starting in january 2013 as DH wants to go on holiday in December. Looking forward to it, though i must admit I'm a bit nervous. Hope we all get lucky and get our BFP's

Baby Dust to all

Hiya and welcome!!! I think a holdiday before you start will be lovely nice and relaxing for you both have you got anywhere booked yet? x

Welcome Karis and best of luck! we can all support eachother and any questions please ask away xxx

Africa Queen and Rosie - thanks for the welcome!

Rosie for normal IVF it's only around £2k depending on where you go, compared to £4-5K here. I'm having donor egg IVF so it's a bit more but still much cheaper than the uk. Would highly recommend the Czech Republic, clinics are fab and the people are really lovely. For non-donor IVF you would have to go for around a week to 10 days. Dh and I just turned it into a holiday and had a great time. They send you all the meds for stimming and then you fly over for scans & egg collection. Let me know if you're interested in looking into it, I can send you some info.

Hope you girls are all well :)

Hi Ellie. That is so much cheaper in the Czech republic! is it Prague that you go to? i love it there. Do they use deep sedation for EC or keep you awake do you know? we are praying next cycle works here but if not we would have to go abroad for next one as cannot afford another £6000 xxx

Africa Queen there are lots of clinics in Prague but we went to Zlin last time, which is close to the Austrian border. Going to Prague next time though. And yes, they use deep sedation so you're knocked out completely. That's my favourite bit. I'm weird like that lol. Hopefully you won't need another cycle though :hugs:

Karis, sorry meant to say hello to you before :hugs:

Thank u ladies 4 the warm welcome. I have actually been reading these chats since I started ttc but never registered or posted my input. Will be great to compare meds etc. I live in South Africa. Planning to go to europe in December, haven't decided where though.

I'm terrified of the shots, don't know how I'm going to do them. My iui was done with clomid only, dr felt I didn't need injectables because I had a good response.

Looking forward to keeping in touch with u all. Thanks again

Thank u ladies 4 the warm welcome. I have actually been reading these chats since I started ttc but never registered or posted my input. Will be great to compare meds etc. I live in South Africa. Planning to go to europe in December, haven't decided where though.

I'm terrified of the shots, don't know how I'm going to do them. My iui was done with clomid only, dr felt I didn't need injectables because I had a good response.

Looking forward to keeping in touch with u all. Thanks again

im exactly the same with injections too but got hubby to do them instead and tbh you do get used to them and they are really not that bad! im more nerrvous about this time because i dont want my little girl seeing them IYKWIM x

Africa Queen and Rosie - thanks for the welcome!

Rosie for normal IVF it's only around £2k depending on where you go, compared to £4-5K here. I'm having donor egg IVF so it's a bit more but still much cheaper than the uk. Would highly recommend the Czech Republic, clinics are fab and the people are really lovely. For non-donor IVF you would have to go for around a week to 10 days. Dh and I just turned it into a holiday and had a great time. They send you all the meds for stimming and then you fly over for scans & egg collection. Let me know if you're interested in looking into it, I can send you some info.

Hope you girls are all well :)

thanks for the info its amazing how different the cost is, think we would find it difficult wiith having DD to go ober there especiallly for a fortnight, however depending on how expensive this round of treatment is we may consider it x

Hi everyone

Just needed some help. I'm new to all of this so not quite sure.
I'll be starting lupron on cd21 then when AF arrives I'll be starting gonal F, ER will be around 14 days later. Is this long or short protocol? And what is agonist or antagonist? I see many ladies referring to either of the above.

My apologies if I sound a bit silly, just very confused.

Hi everyone

Just needed some help. I'm new to all of this so not quite sure.
I'll be starting lupron on cd21 then when AF arrives I'll be starting gonal F, ER will be around 14 days later. Is this long or short protocol? And what is agonist or antagonist? I see many ladies referring to either of the above.

My apologies if I sound a bit silly, just very confused.

hiya hun your consultant should of said whether it was long or short, normally long protocol is around 6-8 weeks from start to finish were as short is around 4-5 weeks,

i had long protocol and started with the pill then started down reg with buserlin then once then began stimming after around 10 days of stimming had the hcg(trigger) then egg collection not sure if that answers your question but im sure if you ask your consultant they will tell you

tbh ive never heard of the agonist annd antagonist this was never ever mentioned or referred to in the cycle i had :S

Hi ladies :) well almost starting a new month which means we are getting closer to the new year and our cycles starting :)

As regards injecting, my 1st cycle i was a wreck and my diabetic friend did them all as she is used of injecting herself. 2nd cycle she was unable to do it due to being in hospital so i bit the bullet and did them all myself and i felt so proud of myself and that i was doing the one thing i could do to help my body so would def recommend doing them yourself. The mixing is a bit tricky at first but after a few i was a pro ;-)

My last cycle was Antagonist. I was taking Cetrotide on a short protocol. From stimms to EC it was around 2.5wks as apposed to around 5wks on long protocol. here is a explanation of it.......

This protocol uses injectible drugs called antagonists (Cetrotide
and Antagon) to prevent premature ovulation. Unlike Lupron, which has short lived
stimulatory effects, antagonists shuts down the pituitary gland immediately. The
antagonsist protocol is generally in women who are donating eggs and in some women
who are at risk for not stimulating well with Lupron.

xxx

Thanks Rosie and africaqueen.. Both your answers helped clear some confusion. I'm so glad tomorrow we begin a new month. The good thing is that it seems like time is going really fast :)

Keep well ladies. Xoxo

Hiya Ladies, How are we all doing??

I will put our names etc on 2nd page later :) xxx

Hiya Ladies, How are we all doing??

I will put our names etc on 2nd page later :) xxx

hi not to bad thanks hope you are well too not long till my ivf consultation getting a bit excited!

we got an invite from the ivf clinic for us to take dd along to a xmas party they are doing to celebrate there 20th anniversary, there will be photographer ect for local paper there too kind of excited for that now too x

Aww that sounds lovely Rosie! all the rainbow babies/children together :) What date is your consultation? our follow up appt is on the 20th Nov to decide next steps and action plan etc so looking forward to that as all a step in the right direction and im hoping 2013 will be a magical year for us all xxx

Aww that sounds lovely Rosie! all the rainbow babies/children together :) What date is your consultation? our follow up appt is on the 20th Nov to decide next steps and action plan etc so looking forward to that as all a step in the right direction and im hoping 2013 will be a magical year for us all xxx

mine is 17th on November really hope so im the big 30 next year so would be lovely if i cant have a good drink to celebrate :haha:

Well im 32 next Birthday and i am praying it will be a dry one for the first time since iv been legal to drink! haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->