IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Hi Ladies! Would love to join you! I am starting my first IVF cycle in February. Well technically I have already "started" my RE put me on Birth Control ... seems strange to me but OK! lol

I have to go tomorrow for him to check me to see if I will need a D&C.. again I am not sure why .. guess they will give me the details tomorrow.

I am so nervous.. We are mostly covered by insurance however the freezing of the embryos and the SA are not covered. That is not to mention what cost the meds will be. Very stressful. I am hoping for sticky beans first try but know that is not necessarily going to happen. We have been trying for 7 years to get pg and I am just ready to get moving on it!

Hi Hun yes am on buserlin (nasal spray ) I have had really bad headaches where the whole of your head actually hurts :hugs: hope it get better soon.
:hi: jess welcome and good luck - I have spoke to a few girls that take bc pill at first I take it u r on short protocol ?

Hi girls

I'm still waiting in the 2ww! It's awful, I'm not testing early this time as I don't want to be disappointed if its a negative, but I do have a few symptoms but wonder if its the side effects from the progesterone pressarys so just just got to wait till testing day!

Jules76 - the headaches do go away when you start taking menopur I felt human again lol!

Was meant to test on the 25th but I will test on the 24th as I working all day on 25th & if it did happen to negative I don't think I could face work.

Hope your all ok!

Star- wots ur symptoms? I had my et yesterday, nothing yet not even a twinge, last time I woz pregnant I was having cramping, trying not to send myself mad

I've literally had cramps since the night of the egg transfer, they haven't eased up one bit just continous dull ache AF cramps, I've had no bleeding, but had very vivid dreams since 4dp5dt, indegestion all today, sore boobs. But then I'm not entirely sure whether these are side effects from the projesterone.

Due to the snow I haven't been able to get a pregnancy test as I'm relying on my OH to take me places & in one mind I want to test as I've had 2 blasts put in & heard you can get an early BFP but I'm scared and I don't want a negative so I've only really got to wait another 4 days if I can!

How many embryos did you have put back in baby hope & what day 3dt/5dt?

Hi Ladies! Would love to join you! I am starting my first IVF cycle in February. Well technically I have already "started" my RE put me on Birth Control ... seems strange to me but OK! lol

I have to go tomorrow for him to check me to see if I will need a D&C.. again I am not sure why .. guess they will give me the details tomorrow.

I am so nervous.. We are mostly covered by insurance however the freezing of the embryos and the SA are not covered. That is not to mention what cost the meds will be. Very stressful. I am hoping for sticky beans first try but know that is not necessarily going to happen. We have been trying for 7 years to get pg and I am just ready to get moving on it!

hiya im alson on pill aswell some clinics do it to give them a better idea for timings etc as in they know exactly when your af should be im on long protocol too

try not to be nervous its really not as bad as you think just take each stage as it comes good luck with your cycle!!!

hi Jules on my assisted cycle a few years ago i suffered with the headaches too once i started the menopur and the buserelin dosage was reduced they did ease off x

babyhope try not to sympton spot easier said than done i know, i had absolutley no symptoms whatsever on my succesfull IVF infact i could of swore i was more pregnant on other months without treatment ha ha! x

good luck star have everything crossed for you x

Hi All!! So much excitement going on!! Star all sounds promising if you as me! My ER is tomorrow morning. Nervous :blush: even more nervous for transfer for some reason. I know everyone is different but why do I think this is going to hurt?! maybe.....no pain no gain?

welcome to all those who just joined us!

Wannabemomma I had no pain after I woke up after ET just a few cramps which they gave me codeine, I didn't need anymore painkillers after that. Your be fine, be positive! The staff will really look after you x

Sanu- I am not too bad thanks. Just patiently waiting to get started again :) only 11 days until my lap now so ball will soon be rolling x

Pcct- Glad DR is going well for you. You will be stimming before you know it x

Jess- Welcome and best of luck with your cycle. You will get tons of support here x

Star- Aww the 2ww is so awful isnt it! the pessaries don't help matters either, the way they play with our minds :-( not long now and you may have that BFP ;-) x

Jules- I had a few very mild headaches whilst DR with 1st cycle but nothing major. I found drinking plenty of fluids helped and once i started stimms, the headaches went x

Momma- Good luck for EC tomorrow and i honestly had no pain as slept right through it with the sleepy juice and no pain when i woke. You will be fine x

Hi Rosie, lovetoeatcake, Klemoncake and all the gang xxx

Jess: welcome hun! Its common practice to put u on BCP so that they can control your cycle! Nothing to worry abt it. Glad your insurance covers the treatment!
Stay positive:thumbup:

Star: fingers crossed! Let us knw wat happens k!:hugs:

Wanabemomma: all the best for your ER n ET!

Hi glas… today is my wedding anniversary! Yapiiiiiieeeee so of to have a great day with huby darling!:happydance:

I had a lot of catching up to do! Sounds like everyone is doing great. Lots of :dust: to everyone!

We have ET tomorrow. So far all 13 of our embies are doing great:) they said they would show me a picture of the two they are putting in tomorrow so I'm really excited about that.

When is everyone testing? My clinic set up my beta for 14 days after ER (which is 9 dpt) and I promised myself that I wouldn't test before that. Is this similar to anyone else's?

Just found out I have ET today! I have two top quality embryos so they don't need to leave them to day 5, the embryologist said it's obvious that these are really good. Eek!

Lineman, my test situation is the same, or I can poas two days later. I don't like the idea of someone calling me to tell me if I'm pregnant or not so I might wait.

Hi everyone. Well an update on me from my EC today. It was done in the Day Surgery Unit at the Private Hospital here in Darwin. I was put under a light General anesthetic. When I came to they told me I had 15 eggs collected, so I'm happy with that. I was feeling pretty uncomfortable after the surgery I must admit, and am still feeling quite sore and bloated.

A few hours after I got home the clinic informed me that they had inseminated 10 eggs, so I'm looking forward (and pretty nervous) to finding out how many made it though the night. At this stage we are looking at ET on Friday, then a preg test on the 6th Feb. In Oz they only transfer one embryo, unless there is very good reason to transfer two.

Good luck LPEAR and LinemansWife on the ET! :flower:

Welcome Jess:thumbup:

And good luck to everyone else :hugs:

Hi Ladies, Ive missed a few things so sorry if i miss u off!!
Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thankyou for all your support...and luckily the fluid in my womb is gone!! so random- it may just be because I had a bath they said! Anyway, just had my scan and ER on wed... I have free fluid in my abdomen so they said I basically will get a degree of OHSS..so Im on cabergeline to try and stop it and high protein diet. If I get more than 20 eggs on wed they will still recommend freezing embryos and doing a delayed FET in a few months so I dont get more severe ohss..I had 18 big follies and lots of others today so its touch and go really.

Star- hope 2ww is going well and your not going too mad!!

Baby- congrats on being PUPO!

wannabe- hoping your ER goes well hun.

Lpear - are u at Wessex hun? You must have had your ET done as I was having my scan if you are! We saw a man waiting while his lady was downstairs..I wonder if he belongs to you!!! The roads were actually fine getting to S'ton today so hope you didnt have any probs x

welcome to the new ladies and hia to Pcct, AQ and everyone else Ive missed off!! xxx

Good luck today LPEAR. I'm anxious to see what grade my embryos are today. Sounds like yours are wonderful!

Hi ladies,
I'm sorry it has been so long, but I have had been going through a nightmare. As many of you had already had been worried about.. I got severe OHSS. This has been nothing short of hell. I have never felt this horrible in my whole life. I have to go the RE everyday and it is 45 mins away with a very bumpy pass for a mile (and those that have had it can understand how excruciating that is). They gave me Percocet but I could not keep it down because I couldn't eat more than a cracker a day. Throwing up with abdominal pain is crappy. Fri night the pain got so bad and I was having shortness of breath that I went to the ER. I got a breathing treatment and dilaudid. I started crying when it took effect because it was the first time I felt relief and the first time I could take a deep breath. Doc said I had to keep up on pain meds when I got home and use Zofran (anti-nausea) with every dose. Sat morning I went to the RE and they drained a half liter of fluid off. They couldn't get more because it was so high and I started having bleeding issues. It was so uncomfortable. Obviously, this cycle has been canceled. I could not even imagine getting pregnant like this. Yesterday would have been my day 5 transfer. 4 blasts went to freeze. There are a number still left that they are seeing if day 6 makes them grow and see if any additional go to freeze. I always wished and prayed for 4. So I am happy.
As for the next FET... I don't know. We are going to Maui Feb 2-8th. I need a little break. For those of you with experience with OHSS...when did you feel better? My trigger was a week ago yesterday. My doc says I'm through the worst. I am still so bloated. It will get super uncomfortable and then go away in a hour. It comes in waves. I'm supposed to work Thursday night. I just want to get better. I'm sick of feeling like this.

Oh no cali!! This was my worst nightmare. I am so sorry you are going through this. I really hope you've experienced the worse and start feeling better ASAP. My prayers are with you, that you recover soon and get those embies in you!!

Sanu- Happy anniversary to you an dh!:wedding: hope u had a lovely day x

Line- That is amazing news! 13 embies! wow:happydance: good luck for transfer tomorrow x

LPEAR- Congrats on being pupo! when is OTD? x

LiKo- Fab news on all those eggs! tons of luck for your lil embies during the nite and i hope tomorrows report goes well x

Klemoncake- I am glad the fluid has gone! hope you get less than 20 eggs so transfer can take place. Lots of luck for wed x

Cali- Ah i am so sorry to hear your in so much discomfort!:hugs: fab news you got 4 frosties though and you will stand a great chance of pregnancy when your better and able to have FET i am sure :) i would be demanding answers from the RE though as they led you to believe you had a super low AMH level and this led to stronger meds that over stimulated you so someone needs to be accountable as they clearly got your AMH level wrong. Really hope you feel better soon x

Hi to Pcct, Rosie, Jess, Star, jules, Momma and all the gang xxx

Oh Cali im so sorry hun. I really dont think you should go to work this week, when my consultant was warning me about it she said up to a month to recover so take it really easy..:hugs::hugs: Really glad youve got 4 fro sties though and maybe even some more coming. My clinic have told me FET is pretty much as good as fresh these days so hold on to that. It really is my worst nightmare and Im praying I dont get it as bad as you, so I can imagine how disappointed you must feel.

Maui will be a lovely break though xxx

Had my transfer today. My clinic grades them on a scale from 1-3 with one being the best and he transferred 2 grade 1 blasts. It is such a strange feeling knowing that I have twins in me right now!! These next 9 days are going to drag!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->