IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Klemon sorry to hear that,I'm sure all will b ok

Glad to c every1 is doing great

I had et 2day I'm officially pupo with twins, I had to beg & plead to put 2 in, got a top grade blasto & early blasto, got to call them mon to c if we had any frozen got 9 still growing but she didn't seem to enthusiastic about them, really hope we get sum frozen.

Good luck every1
Xx

Hey baby congrats being pupo with twins :dance: and well done getting 2 transfered :) what are ur resting plans?

AQ - They looked at the sperm there and then and there was a good quantity so they felt there was no need for ICSI, so pleased!

Babyhope - wahoo! 2 embies on board. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Klemon - I am so sorry to hear about that. You poor thing. I really hope everything works out for you.

AFM - I called the embryologist this morning and 9 out of the 11 have fertilized! They will call me on Monday morning to let me know if I will be going in that day, or Wednesday for the transfer. I am really hoping we get to blastocyst stage and we have some left over to freeze! Not asking for too much hey!
She originally said they would call me before 9, but DH has to leave home at 7.15 to get to London for work. If we have to go in that day he'd have to travel from London to Southampton which is rather a long way! So they said they'd try to get another embryologist who starts mega early to call me at about 7. The snow is really bad here so we'd need to leave about 3 hours to get there.

Babyhope- Congrats on being pupo with twins! when is your OTD, so i can add it to 1st page? :) x

LPEAR- Great news your hubbies swimmers were strong enough for IVF and 9 embies is AMAZING! Bet your so relieved! x

Hi to all the gang! i am off out with dh to our friend's house for a chinese and some wine and my 3mth old god daughter will be there too so lots of cuddles! :) have a good wkend ladies xxx

Hi Ladies, I have been following your group for a little while and finally decided to bite the bullet and join up :happydance:

I am totally new to this forum caper, as I am to fertility treatment.

So, a bit about me and our situation:

My fiance and I live in the north of Australia. I am 36, and he is a young buck of 28 :blush:

I fell preg the first time we, ummm, had ic, even though we thought we hadn't actually properly 'done it', we just got carried away with ourselves when we were trying not to! Unfortunately that preg ended with a missed mc after approx 8 weeks. A year later in 2009, after ttc for a few months, we stopped trying, and of course 2 months later I fell pregnant again. We now have a beautiful 2.5 yr old daughter.

A year ago, dh gave us the go ahead to start ttc #2 - YAY! I was positive I would fall preg straight away. Not to be. After several months of not even a hint of success, and women falling preg around me like you wouldn't believe, we went off to get tested. As it turned out, I had a great egg reserve, but dh had morphology <1%.

TTC is so very stressful. I did everything under the sun - basal temp, ovulation kits, chinese herbs, acupuncture, cm. It was taking a toll on my mental health month after month, and not doing anything great for our relationship. Our Dr in Darwin gave us 3 more months to try naturally before considering assisted fertility using ICSI. She gave us an approx 50% chance of success using ICSI.

I didn't fall preg, so I went on the pill in late Nov for about a month and a half to get my cycle to start when they wanted it to (in Darwin this clinic gets all the girls to cycle at the same time).

Here is a rundown so far:
Day 1: 10th Jan (even though af started 8th Jan)
Day 2: Start stimming: Puregon 150 IU in belly b/w 7 and 9 pm
Day 6: Blood test + start Orgalutran 250mg
Day 9: Blood test + scan. (I had 12 follies on the right and 11 on the left). The largest was about 19 x 14 I think, and the smallest ones were 10 x12. My Dr actually gave me a pad and pen and got me to write the measurements as she scanned. Saves on staff I guess, but it was great to be involved and know exactly what was going on! I was told to have my last Puregon and Orgalutran shots that night as I was responding well to the drugs.
Day 10 (last night): Trigger injection at 8.20pm
Day 12: So I am scheduled for my ec tomorrow morning at 8.20am.....can't wait!

The symptoms I have been experiencing is bloating, and it hurts when I walk (down my sides), and then it hurts at first when I sit down.

Thankfully, my moods seem to have settled since taking the hormones. I actually feel more emotionally stable and less teary!

The most interesting and humourous side effect for me is that my sense of smell for good looking men has increased!! I can smell them a mile off, and boy do some of them smell good. I am finding men that I wouldn't ordinarily find attractive, very appealing! (As well as dh of course!). I think my breeding instinct is getting out of control on all of these drugs!!

I thought that I would be able to do the injections myself, but couldn't so dh has been a real sport and has done a great job of them.

It's interesting to read the differences between the protocols, drugs, scheduling etc in different countries. I am amazed at how much it costs in some places. For us, the total cost of this 1st cycle of ICSI costs $7,500. That is the full amount (minus a few of the initial appt costs). It also covers the drugs, which the clinic organises and gives to you. As we paid the full amount, in 4-5 working days we will get a rebate paid into our bank account, so that the final out of pocket cost to us will be approx $2,700. We have a pretty great health system in Australia.

It's funny to read that some of you ladies are concerned about the snow around this time and how it may effect your cycles. I am at the opposite end and was concerned to hear that a tropical cyclone is brewing off the coast!

Well, it was nice to finally introduce myself after having followed all of your journeys for the last week or so. Good luck to everyone!! xx :hugs:

LiKo- Welcome and best of luck with EC tomorrow! let us know how you get on xxx

Good luck tomorrow LiKo. Cant wait to hear how things go! And yes, it is very interesting to learn the different protocols and such in different countries.

pcct: ya i knw... here there is no nasal spray option just more injections but m k! started feelin a bit stretchy on my left side lower abdomen and sometimes on my right side:winkwink:

Rosie: I hope they can adjust the payment schedule for u as it was in the first place their mistake! I admire u for your honesty!:flower:

Klemoncake: hi stay positive! They fluid mite go off by the next scan! Cant really say rite! N anyways we all are here for you hun! Will keep u in ma prayers! Fingers crossed! Hang in there !:hugs:

Babyhope: congrats dear! Pupo with twins great!:hugs:

Lpear:all the best for your ET! Good to hear you just had to go for ivf n not icsi! Ours is not yet decided , so Monday after another semen analysis they will let us knw wh its icsi o ivf:hug:
AQ ; enjoy ur time with your god daughter! I find myself very happywen m around babies now a days!:baby:
Linemaswife: all the best for your ET!:hugs:
Liko: welcome to the thread. Glad to meet an ausie! My sister is settled there.This is a great place wer u met lots of gud n understanding ladies who are in the same boat! So v all are here for you! All the best for your EC:hugs:

Gals I just had my scan yest n everything is goin well. there are around 8 follicles growing on my left ovary n 5 in right ovary, FS told that the right ovary is not responding well cos of the endometriosis n not to worry abt it as it was expected. he told he will still be able to gt some out of it! Huby is goin to give a sample on Monday, as a back up so that they can test as well as freeze some of his guys just in case! So Monday will come to knw wh its goin to be a ivf or icsi for us. Fingers crossed:kiss:

Thanks for all the support ladies.

LiKo - welcome, thanks for sharing your story with us. Good luck for the EC.

Ouchies, I am in a bit of pain in the ovary area at the mo, tmi but it also hurts at the start and end of a wee, has anyone else had this after EC?

Sanu- Glad your scan went well and good luck for tomorrow's appt x

LPEAR- I had no pain at all but we only got 6 eggs at most so maybe that is why. If its painful to pee i would go your GP and get checked out as could be a UTI or a mild infection from EC. Can happen now and again but would soon clear up with antibiotics i would image x

lpear: i really dont knw! as i have not experienced the procedure! but as far as i have read it do pain a bit n u should be on mild painkillers! cal the clinic nurse n find out ! keeep koool n sleep tight!

lpear: if u experience burning sensation while urinating then it mite be UTI,so check that give ur nurse a cal! dont take any chances!

L pear don't worry I had it quite bad I think it's just where ur ovaries r so big, mine lasted a week x

Liko thanks for sharing ur story :) good luck :)
Sanu glad ur feeling ok -glad ur scan went good :thumbup:
Hi everyone else :)
Nothing new to report here am feeling so much bette today - yesterday I had headache from hell! :grr: so much better today , I know the spray is defo working as I started af Thursday and it was complete gone yesterday :shock: I have always been for 5 days so yeah seams like dr is going good :)

Thanks babyhope, that makes me feel better.

Hi everyone, I'm currently taking buserelin and I'm really struggling with the headaches! Is it true that these subside when you start menopur??? I have my first baseline scan Tuesday! This is my first cycle so I'm feeling really bewildered!!!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->