• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Wannabe- Thank you. Jane had been ill for some time and suffered so much but still a shock as we expected her to be home next week. Her children are 20, 21 and 12.
How are you? x

Pcct- Yes i lost both tubes due to ectopic pregnancy. The 1st ruptured in Jan 10 and i had to have life saving surgery and the 2nd ruptured in July 10 and again i had to have life saving surgery :( it took me around 10 days to heal enough to move about ok after each surgery but emotionally it took a lot longer as i was not only grieving for my babies but for my fertility. I hope you recover quickly. Thinking of you x

Wannabe- Thank you. Jane had been ill for some time and suffered so much but still a shock as we expected her to be home next week. Her children are 20, 21 and 12.
How are you? x

Pcct- Yes i lost both tubes due to ectopic pregnancy. The 1st ruptured in Jan 10 and i had to have life saving surgery and the 2nd ruptured in July 10 and again i had to have life saving surgery :( it took me around 10 days to heal enough to move about ok after each surgery but emotionally it took a lot longer as i was not only grieving for my babies but for my fertility. I hope you recover quickly. Thinking of you x

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::hugs:

Could you add me for the March IVF w/ICSI please. :)

A little about me: I'm 25, My Husband is 26 and in the Marine Corps. We are stationed in Everett, WA and going to Madigan Army Medical Center for IVF w/ICSI. I have MTHFR (A1298C mutation) and a very low AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) level. My Husband has a very low sperm count. This will be our first IVF w/ICSI.

Aw africanqueen so sorry to hear :hugs: it been 4 days since getting out hospital I feel am healing ok just rather sore while moving around an trying to get comfy at bed time is a struggle.
You have been thru so much hun physically and emotionally :hugs: xx

I am SO glad you made this thread, africanqueen! This is going to be my newest daily obsession.

Has anyone went to their IVF seminar yet? I have mine next Thursday and am SO eager for it!

Hey sorry am guna be so dumb here but what is seminar? :haha: sorry I may already know and just being dumb haha

haha no you're okay, I'm sure every place calls it something different :)

At the RE we go to, they have a "seminar day" where they teach you about what to expect with your IVF (they have all of their IVF couples who will be starting IVF attend this), along with they go over the timeline, how to give yourself the injections (if you have to take them, which in my case I do), etc. At our clinic, its a four hour seminar that you have to take prior to starting IVF.

Ahhh got ya no we havnt had ours yet we call it patient information evening I can't wait to go :) there was one we could have attended in aug but we weren't sure when our ivf would b starting and didn't wanna go to soon the next one is tomorrow so am guna see if we can go :)

That is so exciting! You'll have to let me know the details after you go. I'm so ready to begin this process, after two years it feels like its almost too good to be true that we get to proceed.

Are you starting in December or January? Since I joined the thread late I apparently need to catch up on everyone :)

Hi Pizzawagon welcome to the thread.
Mbrink- I had my patient info evening a month ago. At my clinic it is more of a general over view, I am currently waiting for my appointment to actually discuss my treatment.

Yeah me too I keep thinking am I really this close to finally having our family :)
I don't think we can make the information tomorrow night as oh has to work :( I hope we can maybe make one in jan before we get started.

Will this be your first ivf cycle ? This will be my first we were told in April at my lap that both tubes where blocked and would need ivf so jan will be out first cycle. It's rather scary as we havnt had or used any drug treatment while ttc. We just kept trying hoping that one cycle would be our lucky one almost 6+ years still nothing not even a sniff of a 2 pink line ever! So am hoping ivf is guna be our answer :) oct last year was when all the tests for fertility began! We r all so guna be sharing my eggs with another couple too. :) that a little about our journey squashed into a little ball :)

Can I join in... just had a private appointment at the Nuffeild ahead of waiting to here about a NHS appointment coming through, feel like we just threw money out the window.... basically got told that if we wait to go via NHS looking like ICIS in September 2014! or we could look to go private. Going to phone up tomorrow to find out about costs... They have recommended hubby gets a SA done with them, results on NHS were not good, low count and sluggish, guess they want to have a look to see if things have changed. My day 21 results are good, had a lap and that was ok, one tube is a little bruised but looks to be working. They have suggested I need to get a AMH done to see what that level is. Then we can decide from there.... go private or wait for NHS... the kicker is we will probably be seeing the same doctor for both options!

If we go private things will start next year! Due to hubbies sperm count and my tube issue then ICIS is the best option for us.

Hi nobump :) we were in the same situation a little our wait for nhs cycle was 3 years so looking 2016!! Way to long so what we choose to egg share which all they have done is being out nhs cycles forward.
Why clinic are you with for ur nhs? There is so much to take in when doing ivf/icsi and wondering what to do for the best. I hope you don't have to wait too long :hugs:

Big welcome to the new girls here :flower: and masses of good luck vobes sent your way!!!

hope your doing ok after your op pcct:hugs:

africaqueen thinking about you :hugs:

as for me out appt went well on saturday he basically went through how our last cycle went i do feel a little anxious about our next cycle as he said that although the egg quality was fantastic and same with hubbys sample was fantastic the actual quality of embryos was not what her would of expected, although we had one grade a and the rest were b's and below thats why he ended up putting 2 back so hes basically said this cycle he will definatley put 2 back!

he has requested for me to go for an internal scan just to check my pcos hasnt worsened and also to make sure theres been no damage from my csection (didnt even think of this) also i need to go for amh test (apparantley this came in late in 2010 thats why i havnt had one before!) he also gave us the stats info apparantley success rate on our last cycle was 34% this year just gone is 47%, all we need to do now is phone tomorrow for my scan ect and to book a date to start (hes also going to make sure that its him and also the same embryologist and nurse involed too!)

it was so lovely to take DD to meet the man who created her he was so lovely with her too made me all tearful!

also he estimated that my drugs bill should only be 400-500 as i respond very quickly too the stimms! id budget 900-1100!

Hey Rosie ur appt sounds like it went really well :) and ur guna be in good hands again this cycle :hugs: how nice to her about ur dd meeting the embryologist :) when are I starting ur next cycle?

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!

Our seminar is on Jan. 16th. :)

Hey Rosie ur appt sounds like it went really well :) and ur guna be in good hands again this cycle :hugs: how nice to her about ur dd meeting the embryologist :) when are I starting ur next cycle?

im hoping january he said he has nothing available before then plus i also know that he has some annual leave in december as one of his children in getting married! so im really hoping january if not feb would prefer jan as dont want it to be going on around DD's birthday plus if for what ever reason it doesnt work dd' birthday will give me something to focus on plus we have booked a holiday too for then!

have you got a date yet for your treatment?

PCCT - NHS will be with the Royal in Glasgow, and private would be with the Nuffeild.

Started to look through your journal, sounds as though you are having a tough time. Hope IVF works out for you!

That's good you have thins all planned :) we would have been doing a dec cycle but our clinic is rather far and with with x mas coming too. We don't have a date all we no is we get stared after new year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->