• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Yeah even the things u no ur ok with still worry u just in case lol

Oooo what is ur appt for?

i know what you mean though i was the same when i had to have them on my 1st ivf!

its our consulation appt because we have DD from our 1st IVF we now have to go private so its pretty much to sit and have a chat about the procedure again and if we definatley want to go ahead ect and for that pleasure of half an hour of his time its £250 :O worth it i suppose if it works out for us!

Wow that is expensive!! But yeah all is worth it! First appts are not that interesting but got to have it haha! Was ur first ivf nhs yeah?

Wow that is expensive!! But yeah all is worth it! First appts are not that interesting but got to have it haha! Was ur first ivf nhs yeah?

i know!

yeah 1st was nhs we were aloud 3 goes on nhs but once you concieve and have baby you lose all other goes and any further have to be private we always said we would never do it again but the feelings to have another are just too strong to not give it a go, only difference with private is you jump the que so to speak everything else is exactly the same

are you going private or nhs?

Ah yeah same rules here! Did u not get any frosties?
We r nhs too 2 cycles, 3 year wait- choose to share my eggs :) I think I would want another go after having 1 baby :) u just would have to give it. A go! How old is ur dd now?

Hi everyone!
Welcome Klemoncake!
Rosei- wow that is expensive!! I just dont know how we will be able to afford to go private if our NHS cycles fail (we get two). I suppose we will cross that bridge if we come to it! How many goes of IVF did it take you to conceive your little one?

AFM - Not much to report really. I have my blood tests on the 14th November so just waiting. I have a question, have any of you ever taken Clomid? I took it for two months and this is my first month off it. I haven't ovulated yet this month and just wondered if anyone else found their cycles lengthened after taking it?

Ah yeah same rules here! Did u not get any frosties?
We r nhs too 2 cycles, 3 year wait- choose to share my eggs :) I think I would want another go after having 1 baby :) u just would have to give it. A go! How old is ur dd now?

the rules suck dont they

our pct doesnt tend to do frosties they prefer freah cycles and if im honest i do too just because with a frozen cycle (esp if one of your nhs goes) if something happens to the egg when its defrosted this is classed as one of your goes IYSWIM

my little girl is 19 months now shes a right little monkey full of beans and doesnt stop talking (no idea where she gets it from ha ha!!!)

Hi everyone!
Welcome Klemoncake!
Rosei- wow that is expensive!! I just dont know how we will be able to afford to go private if our NHS cycles fail (we get two). I suppose we will cross that bridge if we come to it! How many goes of IVF did it take you to conceive your little one?

AFM - Not much to report really. I have my blood tests on the 14th November so just waiting. I have a question, have any of you ever taken Clomid? I took it for two months and this is my first month off it. I haven't ovulated yet this month and just wondered if anyone else found their cycles lengthened after taking it?

ill be honest weve done a loan to pay for it :wacko:

we were very very lucky in that it worked 1st go for us, i hold absolutley no expectation that it will work again 1st time because hey why should we be so lucky again, but we just have to give it a shot fx'd

whats your blood test for hun?

i had clomid for 6 months in a row and if i remember rightly my cycles went quite long whist on it and took a couple of months after finishing to regulate themselves again

Ah yes I see what u mean about loading out a cycle with a fet!

Even tho this is ur sec shot at ivf after having ur dd u should still be lucky, just as lucky as u where with ur first working first time :)

Hey ladies little up date.... I got my Amh results back today 24 which they say is above the normal range so now we r offially egg sharing woo hoo

Ah yes I see what u mean about loading out a cycle with a fet!

Even tho this is ur sec shot at ivf after having ur dd u should still be lucky, just as lucky as u where with ur first working first time :)

i know but i always think worst case senario! i did with 1st cycle too then anything good that happens is amazing!

Hey ladies little up date.... I got my Amh results back today 24 which they say is above the normal range so now we r offially egg sharing woo hoo

thats fantastic really pleased for you

can i ask with egg sharing me and oh are considering doing it with this next round, is it right that say a baby was born with one of your donated eggs does your name have to be registered somewhere so that say 20-30 years down the line they can actually trace you? x

PCCT - My blood tests are for HIV, Hepatitus and Rubella i think. We have to have them done before we can start. thats good news about your AMH, i wash mine was that high! Hopefully you will be able to get started sooner than later!

Rosie06- i think there is a legal thing now, that your basic information can be given out to the child once he/she turns 18. Obvioulsy you have to agree before you can share your eggs.

Yeah it's up to the child at 18 if they would like to know :) it's big law now there is so many forms to fill out ect but I say it so worth it !
Hey lovetoeatcake :) thank you I got my HIV and hepatitis b and c the same time as my Amh I got my HIV result the other day and my Amh followed :) what levels are yours if h don't mind me asking?

Rosie- The consultations etc are so dear once you go private aren't they?! we have had our 2 nhs cycles and been denied funding for a 3rd cycle but as our case is quite rare in the fact there is no other way on this earth i can ever get preg without ivf, we are appealing the decision. very little chance of winning but worth a try. x

Pcct- Yay to the good amh level and the neg test results! i remember being so nervous waiting for the results of the HIV test as you read stories of married couples being so shocked to have it from a previous partner etc x

Cvaeh- Good luck with whatever you decide. It really is so hard to make the right choice re protocols and clinics etc x

Hi to Lovetoeatcake, klemoncake, Ellie, Karis and wannabe. Hope your all doing ok? x

Well ladies we are in Nov! one step closer to our cycles starting and hopefully our dreams coming true:cloud9: can't believe next mth its xmas an then we are in the year 2013 which is hopefully the year our babies are born:happydance: pma pma pma xxx

Yeah it's up to the child at 18 if they would like to know :) it's big law now there is so many forms to fill out ect but I say it so worth it !
Hey lovetoeatcake :) thank you I got my HIV and hepatitis b and c the same time as my Amh I got my HIV result the other day and my Amh followed :) what levels are yours if h don't mind me asking?

i thought there was something i remember been told about it last time but couldnt quite remember, its a wonderful thing what your doing though, were still a bit undecided about it but i guess we can talk about it once we go for our appt

Rosie- The consultations etc are so dear once you go private aren't they?! we have had our 2 nhs cycles and been denied funding for a 3rd cycle but as our case is quite rare in the fact there is no other way on this earth i can ever get preg without ivf, we are appealing the decision. very little chance of winning but worth a try. x

Pcct- Yay to the good amh level and the neg test results! i remember being so nervous waiting for the results of the HIV test as you read stories of married couples being so shocked to have it from a previous partner etc x

Cvaeh- Good luck with whatever you decide. It really is so hard to make the right choice re protocols and clinics etc x

Hi to Lovetoeatcake, klemoncake, Ellie, Karis and wannabe. Hope your all doing ok? x

Well ladies we are in Nov! one step closer to our cycles starting and hopefully our dreams coming true:cloud9: can't believe next mth its xmas an then we are in the year 2013 which is hopefully the year our babies are born:happydance: pma pma pma xxx

do you mind me asking why your case is rare hun? its really unfair if youve been denied funding really hope and have fxd it gets overturned for you!
when will you find out the decision

cant believe how fast this whole year has gone neverminf the last couple of weeks since we booked our appt

loving the pma by the way!!!!

I know! cannot believe how fast this year has gone either.

Our circumstances are rare in the way that i had 2 ruptured ectopics within 6mths of eachother, and its rare enough to just have one ruptured ectopic. Lost the both tubes, 1st IVF cycle they didnt check my AMH level so gave me a very low dose of drugs and before 2nd attempt found my amh was 2.5 and they didnt do ICSI so we have been let down all the way through tbh. I know lots of ladies from various ttc forums who have had failed IVF and then gone on to have a natural pregnancy, and this is something denied to us due to me having no tubes, and also my amh is so low for my age, time is not on our side sadly. Looks like i could have Endo ontop of this and i also have mild pcos so bit buggered up reproductively :( Just hope the PCT see sense and give us a 3rd cycle, seeing as NICE recommend 3 cycles and that IVF was originally invented for women with no tubes. Its just such a nightmare though cos all they keep saying is that its 2 cycles and that's that... my dad will give us majority of cash toward a 3rd cycle with ICSI but tbh that is all his savings with no promise of it working so would much rather he didn't have to do that xxx

Pcct - my AMH was 9.something, can't remember exactly! I know its not the lowest but it is considered low fertility which does make me a bit sad.
AQ it's so unfair, I really think at the very least all those who would never be able to get pregnant naturally should be given the full three recommended goes. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

I know! cannot believe how fast this year has gone either.

Our circumstances are rare in the way that i had 2 ruptured ectopics within 6mths of eachother, and its rare enough to just have one ruptured ectopic. Lost the both tubes, 1st IVF cycle they didnt check my AMH level so gave me a very low dose of drugs and before 2nd attempt found my amh was 2.5 and they didnt do ICSI so we have been let down all the way through tbh. I know lots of ladies from various ttc forums who have had failed IVF and then gone on to have a natural pregnancy, and this is something denied to us due to me having no tubes, and also my amh is so low for my age, time is not on our side sadly. Looks like i could have Endo ontop of this and i also have mild pcos so bit buggered up reproductively :( Just hope the PCT see sense and give us a 3rd cycle, seeing as NICE recommend 3 cycles and that IVF was originally invented for women with no tubes. Its just such a nightmare though cos all they keep saying is that its 2 cycles and that's that... my dad will give us majority of cash toward a 3rd cycle with ICSI but tbh that is all his savings with no promise of it working so would much rather he didn't have to do that xxx

wow youve really had a rough time with it all, i really cant believe they have denied you your 3rd attempt its beyond ridiculous so unfair really hope you can get it overturned , how lovely of your dad to do what hes doing aswell .

i actually dont think well i cant recall ever having amh levels checked when i had my cycle what are the levels for/linked too?

hi ladies

great to see so many of you have joined. I had all my blood work done prior to my laparoscopy. things seem a bit different with the way my clinic works. I just need to phone them in on cd1 of the cycle i am ready to start and we take it from there. i think everything happens that month, consultations, next counselling etc.

I am getting excited, its going to be the new year soon:happydance:

take care.. hope our thread gets lots more members by the time we are ready to start our cycles.

Lovetoeatcake- I know its so unfair but that is life i guess... fingers crossed x

Rosie- They only started doing the AMH test last this year as standard before starting IVF as they never did it with my first cycle. It is a very accurate prediction of ovarian reserve. Anything under 5 is classed as super low/undetectable and means chances of getting many eggs may be greatly reduced. x

Karis- Oooh not long now! soon be 2013 and im feeling very optimistic for us all x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- counting down the days to our consultant appt on the 20th to discuss plan of attack for the new year :) totes excited! haha xxx

hi everyone

i have a question for all of you who have already done ivf.. my family keeps asking me if i am mentally prepared for ivf..? how do you prepare for something like this?
i know that its not guarenteed, nothing in life is. and i know that it might not work out the first time. i am afraid of the disappointment, and although i can say that I'm mentally prepared or i think i am. i dont know how i would deal with a bfn .

any advise would be appreciated. i feel so alone and lost in my journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->