• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

hi everyone

i have a question for all of you who have already done ivf.. my family keeps asking me if i am mentally prepared for ivf..? how do you prepare for something like this?
i know that its not guarenteed, nothing in life is. and i know that it might not work out the first time. i am afraid of the disappointment, and although i can say that I'm mentally prepared or i think i am. i dont know how i would deal with a bfn .

any advise would be appreciated. i feel so alone and lost in my journey.

hiya i can only tell you how i coped with it all although i dont think there is a way you can mentally prepare yourself except just take each day/step as it comes

we had an assisted cycle at the begining of 2010 (so all the ivf drugs just low doses of stims and timed intercourse) i wont lie i was an absolute mess i had it in my head that the druggs wouldnt effect me much ect but the whole thing got on top of me, this cycle didnt work and i guess for me i never expected it to work because in my head/mind i hadnt gotten a BFP before so why would it be any different now

when we went through the IVF i was quite different i took it al in my stride i didnt do much thinking about the whole thing at all it was kind of like it was happening to me but not IYSWIM, i never expected anything from each stage so EC i had it in my head they wouldnt get any(but obv they did) then it was well just because they got eggs doesnt mean they will fertilise ect so at each stage i just took it as it came, even my mum to this day still says how calm i was through the IVF compared to the assisted i think the main thing for me was i didnt pin my hopes on it working because i felt if i did i would be much more disappointed/upset/angry when it didnt work but if it did work then well you can proberbly guess!

so to some up lol take each day as it comes you never know how your going to be each day hormanally either so aslong as your partner deals with each day as it comes too it helps massively my DH took alot of well we will say moodiness from me at points but he knew it wasnt me IYKWIM so never let it get to him just hope i deal with it the same this time round!

good luck with everyhthing and dont forget we are all here to talk to too no matter how daft or silly you might think it is ask us :flower:

wow that was longer than i thought id put sorry ha ha

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well?

I won't be online too much for next wk as my best friend Jane died yesterday morning and as well as being utterly devastated i have to be there to help her 3 children through this nightmare time(they are 12, 19 and 21). She had suffered a tremendous amount of pain in the months leading to her death and had both her legs amputated so god rest her soul now. Very very sad. Il pop on when i can xxx

Hey, so sorry to hear about your best friend :sad1: may she rest in peace! Thinking of u at this time and totally understand that you won't be on much :( speak to u soon hunni. Xxxx

so so sorry to hear about your friend, thinking of you take care x

Thank you girls xx

In light of what has happened i have drinking a lot of wine and will no doubt need a drink at Jane's funeral so as i want 3mths clear of alcohol before starting our next cycle, we are putting it back a mth and will be starting beginning of March instead of Feb. Hence the reason iv made our thread Jan, Feb and March now as want to stay with you ladies so we can all support eachother. I have gained some weight in recent weeks too so back on diet tomorrow to get my BMI below 30 before next treatment. I aim to lose as much as i can as if next cycle works i dont want to be having all sorts of pregnancy issues due to obesity. xxx

Hey hun what u have choose to do totally makes sense and that ur guna be prepared for ur ivf cycle ... I have heard people saying about drinking 3 months before :/ that no drink3 months before staring why is that? Not that am a big drinker

Thanks hun.

I never drank prior to previous cycle and they still failed but at least you feel your doing everything possible to help things along. Tbh it probs makes no diff having a few drinks here and there, its binge drinking that is bad for you but due to my poor egg reserve i don't want to tempt fate so want to be 3mths clear of alcohol other than a few drinks at xmas and new year xxx

Ah right got ya :) this month is flying in too don't ya think

Yes it is going very quick!

Just dreading next wk as that is how long we have to wait for my friend's funeral :(
We have our consultant appt on the 20th but if her funeral lands on that date we will have to reschedule the appt. Hoping they won't clash but obviously Jane's funeral is more important than a appt we can just rearrange xxx

AQ- So so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you are coping ok in what must be a really difficult time. xx

hey ladies how is eeryone doing?

cant believe we are half way through november already!

we have our IVF consultaion in the morning, feel quite nervous not sure why :S we will have to take DD with us as she has dance classfirst thing which finishes at 10 and our appt is 10.30! will feel quite surreal sat in the waiting room with her last time we werte there we never ever thought we would have a card and pic of our very own LO on the notice board! think it will be nice ffor consultant to meet her after all he did create her!!! x

Hope you don't mind if I join! I had my consult appt. on Wednesday, and we're set for IVF-ICSI in January! I have a slightly elevated FSH indicating low reserve, and my DH has a low sperm count. Can I just say how EXCITED I am, but nervous as well? I don't want to get my hopes up, and have them crushed.

Rosie- How did your appt go today? x

Mbrink- Welcome and best of luck with your forthcoming treatment. Our 1st cycle we were so excited too. Its good to have that pma ;-) x

Hi to everyone else. Sorry not been around much. Just so exhausted with work and grief. Funeral on tuesday so dreading that. Its in the same chapel where my mum's cremation was too :( il pop in soon to check on everyone xxx

Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me joining. We are technically doing a "December" cycle but ER will be in January. So I thought I would join here too. We are doing IVF w/ICSI. Our details in my siggy. Lots of luck to all of you! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hey and welcome to all the new ladies joining :)
Hey queen totally understand that's u havnt been on much :( hope ur doing on :hugs:
Hope everyone else is doing ok :)

Afm - am doing ok once having my op just been really sore ect! Had my counciling appt the other day too which went ok too . I have decided tho that once am full recovered from op am going to take a little break from Bnb just until I get the begin of our ivf treatment out the way . But I will defo be back once we have completed our first cycle :)

Cali- Welcome to our group! :) best of luck with your cycle. I have a low AMH too as mine is 2.5 :( x

Pcct- Ah i didnt realise you were having both tubes removed this month! hope your ok? i remember being very sore following my tubes being removed. Get lots of rest and pampering and you will soon be on your way ;-) hope you stick around during your cycle as its good to have support and advice along the way but understand if you want to take a break x

Hey, yeah I just had it done on Wednesday and he all so managed to free my left ovary that had been stuck :) I didn't know I had both ur tubes out too :) how long did it take for u to recover?
Am planning on taken my break while we r doing our treatment I will deffo be back :)

AQ I'm so sorry to hear a out your friend I know how hard that is I lost my friend suddenly in march we had been with him that night and he was fine and went home to bed and never woke up and I know this can have a huge effect on TTC etc the day I was supposed to test for my ivf was the day of his remembered e dance

How old are he children? That's so sad :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey, yeah I just had it done on Wednesday and he all so managed to free my left ovary that had been stuck :) I didn't know I had both ur tubes out too :) how long did it take for u to recover?
Am planning on taken my break while we r doing our treatment I will deffo be back :)

Hope your ok :hugs: when is your egg share?

Hey wannabemama am doing ok thanks how r u ? :) I start my ivf just after new year :) it's coming round quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->