IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Foxey- OMG hun! so glad your lil boy is ok now! must of been terrifying! x

Laura- Cant believe you are 25wks already! time goes soooo fast! x

Lanny- GL for EC tomorrow! x

Isabella- HUGE congrats on being pupo with twins! woop woop x

Hi to everyone else. Not much to report here. Got FU on thursday and sooo nervous of what might get said xxx

just got back from ec got 12 eggs so just a waiting game now for the phone call tomorrow xxx

Hi all

Sorry I've been AWOL been away for two weeks with my hubby which was well earned and needed.

Lamely that's amazing 12 eggs never heard of people havun that many so I'm sure you will have your little fighter in there!

Lots seems to be happening so im catching up with the posts. I was so annoyed today and not sure if anyone else had the same. I had the very bad reaction to clomid as you know so went back to see them and they said I can't take it anymore so next stage is IVF so we said we would like to think about it and made appt to go back at end of this month. Well we talked that night and decided that yes we would do it, I'm a little scared what the drugs will do to me this time but decided it was worth it.

Following day I called and left a message for the consultant we saw- good enough she calle back I told her our decision and she said she would write the referral and cancel the appt at end of dec.

Due to hols I called before we left to see dates of next PIE and we were too late for the nov one but told would be on dec one (which is tomorrow). I've taken a half day so I can be tere for 5pm but never got the PIE letter while away so called this morning and they've not had referral and appt in dec still in diary - I was fuming. Anyway a nice lady has sorted it and will request my file and I'm attending tomorrow.

What annoyed me is that this is so stressful and had I not called them we would be waiting for months plus we wouldn't have gone to appt in dec so thy would have assumed we didn't want to do it!!

All turned out ok but seriously how bad is that!

Lanny that's fab news!

MrsE75 : hope you had a great break - sorry to hear about your apointment mess-up they do seem to be a bit laxy-daisy sometimes but glad you got it sorted out

AFM: I attended LWH today and seen Dr Lewis Jones he was so nice - he examined OH and has found he has a rather large vein in his left testicle which is called a varicocele - he has referred OH for a scan. It could well be that due to the seize of the vein it is passing too much blood into the scrotum and making it too hot and killing his sperm :gun:- which would make sense because he's prett much half on every count. So we have a glimmer of hope that we wont be needing IVF :happydance: which is really strange feeling because I had come to terms with the fact we were :wacko:

Hope everyone else is well :thumbup:

Yay, glad u are finally getting some answers, everything crossed for u :flower:

Lanny that's fab news!

MrsE75 : hope you had a great break - sorry to hear about your apointment mess-up they do seem to be a bit laxy-daisy sometimes but glad you got it sorted out

AFM: I attended LWH today and seen Dr Lewis Jones he was so nice - he examined OH and has found he has a rather large vein in his left testicle which is called a varicocele - he has referred OH for a scan. It could well be that due to the seize of the vein it is passing too much blood into the scrotum and making it too hot and killing his sperm :gun:- which would make sense because he's prett much half on every count. So we have a glimmer of hope that we wont be needing IVF :happydance: which is really strange feeling because I had come to terms with the fact we were :wacko:

Hope everyone else is well :thumbup:

well HC just same out of the 12 eggs they injected 11 and 6 have fertilized so egg transfer is on Thursday. were really pleased. Im still in pain today though is that normal? xxx

Yay thats great news, i had some pain but if ur not sure best to get checked out. good luck for thurs :flower:

well HC just same out of the 12 eggs they injected 11 and 6 have fertilized so egg transfer is on Thursday. were really pleased. Im still in pain today though is that normal? xxx

Hi ladies, not been on here for a while. Great news lanny and babies, fingers crossed you get the one xmas prezzy you are longing for :thumbup:

Afm Since the failure of my last attempt i decided i just needed a break from anything to do with ivf. For the past year everything has been about ivf and i just needed a break. Im still quite upset and my meeting with mr gazvani last week didnt help. Well basically my egg collection was too early and due to that my eggs didnt get a chance to mature to the level they needed to. If they had let me continue stimming then i was at risk of OHSS and so they had to collect when they did.

I also told them i was in hospital and his response really wound me up. The hospital said i had some level of OHSS and i think they said that because they are not use to seeing such large follies. During ec i am sure some of my organs had been moved and that was what was causing the pain. The hospital did a external scan and found that things were not where they should be inside but as soon as they did an internal scan the pain went. Mr gazvani was adamant that there was no way that could happen and the person who told me that should be shot. If it was OHSS the pain would not just disappear would it? :shrug: He made me feel like i didnt know what i was talking about and made out i had OHSS and it was so mild i should never have gone in to A&E and i was being a wuss. When i tried to argue he was having none of it and dh had to step in which p***ed me off even more cuz he took mr gazvani's side even tho he saw how much pain i was in. He really got it when we got home. :growlmad:

Anyways after all that it has been decided i have to ring back on jan cycle and they will plan for a feb/march start. I will be on 2 vials of menopur (i was 3 previously) so follies dont get too big too quickly giving eggs time to mature. Im at higher risk of OHSS this way and so may have to wait 3 months and allow ovaries to recover before they do the transfer. :cry: i really cant handle anymore delays

So sorry for ranting and bringing the positive vibe of the thread down but i just needed to let it out to those that understood. Dh has not been much help and im still mad at him for undermining me at hc :grr:

Aw Babydust you've had an awful time of it - i didnt think much to Mr Gazvani when i saw him i felt as if he didnt know what he was talking about and that he felt more awkward that us.

I hope it works next time round for you - you deserve a break! x

Lanny- Fab news about getting 12 eggs! GL for transfer! x

Melbram- Ooh sounds promising! lets hope u dont need IVF cos believe me it is not the way any of us would go if there was another way x

Babydust- Im sorry u are having a crap time. My dh can be like that too, he takes the word of docs an nurses as gospel when sometimes they dont have a clue! lol. Hope all works out for you soon x

MrsE- Good luck for PIE x

Hi to everyone else x

AFM- We have our FU appt tomorrow so hoping we get a better action plan for next time after just 2 eggs last cycle. Would love at least 4 next time so we have more chance xxx

Lanny - fingers crossed for you!!!

Melbram - agree it sounds really encouraging - amazing what they can find out mind blowing!!

Baby dust - sounds like you're having a crap time but most men are the same. In fact whenever I go to docs or to women's I brief my dj on what points I'm wantin to get across and tell him to make sure we cover them and to support me - at the end of the day it's about the two of you and your family so in both your interests to ensure you get the outcome you want.

Africa - good luck and hope you get a great action plan together.

AFM - went to PIE - so funny cos dh agreed it was the first time he'd sat through a biology class, he was always playing football or rugby at school! Anyway got our papers to fill out this weekend and the got our blood tests next week and then assume by time we get to see consultant and depending on dates we may be able to start in feb or march!? Fingers crossed

Hi girls, had our FU appt today... It didnt go too well really. Cant rem name of cons we seen but 1st name was geoff? lol. Memory is crap lately as im so tired all the time. Anyway, he said that obviously 2 eggs is not the result they wanted but it was a good point that we got a top grade embie from the cycle, on the down side he said that usually in cases of low responders on the next cycle the result is not great either (usually not all cases) as such a poor response would usually point to low egg reserve... so he did a blood test to see AMH level and said that he will see me again on 12th Jan to discuss the next steps. He said if its low but there's still a chance of getting eggs he will probs go for short protocol and increase menopur to maybe 5 amps instead of 3. He said in the odd case that women have had poor response 1st time and much better next but to be prepared that realistically our result probs wont be great. He said if my AMH is as low as he thinks it is then we will have to discuss 'options'. I just pray to god that my reserve is good enough to just bless us with one precious baby, thats all we want in the world. I am scared of result but not a lot i can do is there? just try and stay hopeful that my eggs are good enough to give us our miracle as i know egg donation would be a option but i cant even think about that route at the moment... So we are in limbo again intill 12th Jan and then go from there. He also said that my BMI is a issue and that when i want to start again he would weigh me an not start cycle intill BMI was below 30 but to try and get it to 25... which means i have months of waiting so i told him il get it below 30 and then start as i cant wait any longer as what if i only have a few eggs left and i leave it too late? he also said that extreme grief and stress would of had no effect on the meds but i disagree as stress and grief can give ppl heart attacks etc so why not interfere with hormones? i mean stress can delay af etc so whats to say it cant mess with hormones? I just dont know xxx

Hi Africa, so sorry Hun that you didn't get better news at your Fu appt. I totally agree with you about stress, every thing you read about fertility says that it's affected by stress so I don't agree with what the doctor said. As for your reserve, do you know what your fsh level was before your cycle? Mine must have been higher than yours as I was on 4 vials of menopur and fsh does give an indication of ovarian reserve, it was the result I was most nervous about! Try and stay hopeful, I know it must be really hard though. I also remember the first Xmas without mum so I know how hard things must be at the moment. Am thinking of you and praying for a better 2012 for you xxxxxx :hugs::hug xx

Sorry it wasnt better news for you today Africa - i hope things work out for you in the New Year x

Hi Africa - Sorry it wasn't better news for you. I agree with Susiesue that it seems strange your FSH was normal and they are saying your AMH is low. You have also been pregnant twice naturally not that long ago haven't you? There seemed to be a lot of women on here with poor response and low egg numbers around the same time as you so could it have been a drug problem?

AFM - I was supposed to go for my follow up appointment on the 22nd December but it has been cancelled and now have to go on the 12th January. I am scared of what they are going to say but am going to try and be postive whatever they do say and keep on trying. I am going to have our baby someday. I have had an infection on my cervix where it was treated with the cold coagulation. I have been bleeding heavily and had pains. I have been on strong antibiotics and I just hope it hasn't effected my fertility further.

Hello to everyone else and good luck to those ladies in ther 2 week wait xxx

Susie- Thank you. Yes it is so hard without my mum right now. I need her more than ever. I am glad i have support here and i agree that dr is wrong and stress can have a huge impact. My FSH was around 7.5 i think? x

Cvaeh- Yes i was pregnant in Jan an July last yr so if i mananged that twice naturally then surely i have a chance? and i did notice too that a lot of us had poor response at same time so poss bad batch of drugs?? i just pray we are able to have another cycle x

Melbram- Hope u are k x

Im good thank you Africa - hoping this little delay in getting OH sortd will be worth it and they can do something to help us get pregnant naturally or perhaps with IUI. If is doesnt work it will prob b another yr before we will begin IVF so fo fingers crossed!

Keep ur chin up and try and get through Christmas ur mum will be with you and will give you the strength to move forward in the new year x

Would like to wish all u lovely girlies a very merry christmas and a fantastic New year!!! Hope all ur dreams come true, and to those girlies who are waiting to start cycles or are going thru cycles atm, i hope u get ur lil miracles in 2012!!!!!!! Have a great time girlies!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->