IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Africa I am well thanks just anxious to get started now feels like I have been waiting to start like forever the 15th cant come quick enough! Im sure your exactly the same at the minute! I do hope its good news and you get started again asap!

Hi Del GL with this cycle everything crossed for you!!!

MrsE so sorry to hear you are having an awful time - I cant even begin to imagine what you are going through :hugs: I think the break will do you good so you can take time away and recharge your batteries x

Hi everyone

MrsE I am so so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine what you are going through but think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Don't be too hard on yourself for how you are feeling, you have been through a huge emotional and physical trauma, on top of all the emotions of the cycle. You need to allow yourself to grieve, be angry and sad. Maybe some of the ladies on the miscarriage thread could help to advise and support you. I think the counselling is a good thing and hopefully will provide some additional support. We are all thinking of you here and are here if you need us :hugs:

Africa - hope you get the answers you want from the pct, you deserve that third cycle. I can't believe the hc said they had lost your file, as if you haven't been through enough without having to deal with that. x

Del - loads of luck for your cycle, am praying for your miracle. Are you having it at the Hewitt? x

Melbram - so glad you are starting at last. Hope your cycle goes well and everything crossed for your bfp x

Hi to everyone else xx

Del- lets hope they have it all sorted now and everything Clicks into place.

Mrse- go on holiday. No easy way to get through this. I totally understand how you feel. My brother and his partner had a baby 4 weeks ago. It is so difficult, I just had to suck it up and smile then have a cry when came away. Sending you hugs.

AQ- hope this letter gets sorted soon and you can get moving again.

AFM- waiting for Af. Due Thursday or Friday then 21 days for long protocol round 2!!

MrsE- I know exactly how heartbroken you are right now and having been through this agony twice, all i can say is that the cliche is true- time is a great healer and things WILL get a lot better i promise. This is the grieving period and needs to happen so you can start to heal and move forward. You never forget but life takes over eventually. Im here whenever you want to talk. Just pm me anytime. All the emotion you have described is completely normal and day by day you will start to feel better x

Melbram-15th will soon be here and i felt the same before we started but once you start it flies by x

Susie- Thank you. I pray we get somewhere eventually with it all. How is your baby boy? x

Del- I know iv Pm'd you but tons of luck x

Lindy- Ooh not long now! keep me posted x

AFM- Well girls i am utterly disgusted today. Called the hewitt to see if they had sent the support letter to the pct to be told by the secretary that Mr Drakey(a man i have never even met) has sent me and my gp a letter in the post saying that he see's no reason why we should qualify for a 3rd cycle on the NHS!!! He said he see's no extreme circs why we should be entitled when we have had 2 NHS cycles!! WTH?! Is it not extreme circs that i lost both my tubes and the 2nd one down to negligence at the EPAU?! is it not their fault they didnt perform ICSI last cycle after such a poor result 1st cycle and knowing how low my AMH level is, even tho i asked for ICSI?! I am utterly disgusted tbh. I called them on my break in work and was so upset the rest of the day was terrible trying to cope. We have our FU with Kingsland on the 12th June so we will be asking him to write a letter (which is what i requested anyway so god knows how Drakey got to be involved...) and i just hope he backs us. Drakey is NOT the PCT so where the hell does he get off making decisions as to my right to have further treatment?! to say i am livid is putting it mildly tbh xxx

AQ- that is a disgrace. This man has no knowledge of your case history other than flicking through a few notes. NICE guidelines recommend 3 goes for everybody - you certainly are an exceptional circumstance who should be entitled to a 3rd go as it is your only chance. Get everything written down for your FU with mr kingsland. He did say he would support you didn't he? It is awful. I can imagine your anger and upset , try and focus all that emotion on preparing for the 12th. I am so mad reading your post I am banging my phone screen typing this!!!

Africa I can't believe how you have been treated by the hc, it's disgusting. I hope your Fu is more positive. You certainly need an answer as to why they didn't do ICSI for your second cycle. How long will the pct decision take?
Afm I am doing ok with my little man, it's really hard work and a big life change but I feel so lucky and blessed everyday. I just pray all the lovely ladies TTC get their dreams too. x

Lindy can't believe your cycle has come round so quickly, loads of luck and hope you will get your miracle very soon xx

Hi everyone......

MrsE .... So sorry to hear what your going through. As everyone has already said, it's perfectly natural what your feeling. I felt pretty low after my transfer got cancelled and I handled that badly, so I think what your going through is to be expected. I know it isn't the same as what your experiencing but i just felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness, I couldn't describe to people other than feeling sad.
But pls remember we are all here for you should you ever need us. But it will get better.

AQ - is it Mr Drakely that you have been having trouble with? Over the years I have seen him quite a few times and he did one of my operations. Actually he was the consultant on the ward when I was in a few weeks back. I've never had any problems with him and seems quite a nice guy but it's not fair what's happened to you. You have every right o be angry and I hope Mr Kingsland supports you because you deserve it.
Sometimes it feels that to them, we are just a file that gets looked at occasionally ! But it's our lives and this is what we live and breathe. I think they forget that sometimes.
Good luck for 12th.

AFM - I'm just waiting for FU on the 12th now. To be honest, I have absolutely no hope at all with this transfer. I think that when it got cancelled, I was devastated and then being in hospital didn't help. I was in so much pain and felt like my world had crashed as we had been so excited and hopeful. But now I just feel that with the frozen transfer, it won't work. I can't explain why I feel that way but I think maybe I'm preparing myself or it really not working. I never want to feel like I did in those few weeks. I'm sure you all know what I mean, it's an emotional ride this IVF business isn't it !

I was also thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we could all get together one day for a coffee or something, just to be able to chat etc. obviously when everyone was feeling upto it. I think it would help me! Just a thought anyway, let me know what you think!
Fingers are going to drop off now so best go !
Xx

Thanks for support girls. Means such a lot.
Our GP called today and said she sent her support letter and application for 3rd cycle to PCT today along with my very emotional letter as we want them to see we are people not statistics :)
FU with Kingsland so hoping he will help us. Don't even know why the request went to Drakely tbh as never met him or dealt with him... obvious a f*** up with the HC yet AGAIN! If we are allowed further funding we will have the cycle at the HC but if it fails we will be going to another clinic as not happy with my treatment there at all and iv heard lots of women say the same :(

Jules- LOVE your idea of meeting up! we could organize a picnic when the weather is nice and all take something along ?:) im well up for it. I used to attend the link meetings at the HC and it does help to talk face to face xxx

Sounds good AQ.... Let's see if anyone else is interested too and we can make some plans :)

Hi ladies,how's everyone doing?
Thanks for the good luck messages xx
Africa,thanks for the pm,life can be so unfair! Really hope u get your funding.
Susie,hope all is well with u,yes I'm back at the Hewitt! Lets hope I'm successful this time. X
Melbram and Lindy,good luck with your cycles.x
Mrs E,hope your coping Xx Hi to everyone else x

Well I'm not having much luck with ovulation this month,have been testing since day 10th,now on day 22! So doesn't look like I've ovulated this month or I've missed it!,but I can usually tell when I'm ovulating and I've not yet had any of those symptoms!! I won't be able to have my NK test untill I've had an ovulation surge so looks like everything will have 2 be put on hold for another month! Not happy but don't want to go ahead with the next round of ivf without having it done! Any advice? Xx

Hi gang, how are we all doing? our FU is a wk tomorrow so that's come round quick! xxx

Wow AQ that has come around fast. It is with mr kingsland isn't it? Can he still do a letter of support? Hope you have loads of questions. Sending you hugs. Xxxx

Lindy- Yep its with Mr K. Hoping he does support us as he has supported a few of my friends who's issues have not been as severe as mine so fingers crossed. How are you doing? xxx

Hello Girlies!!

Just thought I would quickly pop on here to say hello.....

MrsE, how are you feeling? I know stupid question but believe me In time things will get better for the both of you x

Jules, when are you gona do FET? Good luck x

Lindy, good luck with your up n coming cycle x

Africa, give them s**t at your FU & don't take no for an answer!! x

Hello Lisa, Susie, Melbram, Del, Bugs soz If I've missed anyone x

AFM, nothing much to report.... I'm now under midwife care & just waiting for our 12wk scan which seems to be taking forever... Symptoms that I'm getting ain't to bad & I wouldn't complain any case x x

Hi girls - just had my scan and everything has come away naturally so at least I don't need a d&c. But my OH really annoyed me told me he wasn't coming in for the scan he would wait until we saw doc after didnt ask me if I minded if he didn't come in. So had to have the scan on own and nurses told me everything I needed to know and asked me to do another pregnancy test on 17th to make sure all hormones are out of my system. How cruel to have to see that negative after everything else I've been through??

For an appt next week at HC to talk about the cycle and what to do differently and when I can start given my zero AMH cos each month that goes by is giving me less and less chances. I'm assuming they will do lon protocol again and will just fob me off with its one of those things BS so given you get a period on LP I'm going to ask of I can start after my next bleed which will be 2 bleeds rather than 3. We'll have to see what they say. I know they won't do any tests but I'm waiting for a consultation at another clinic to see what their advice would be for my next cycle.

Otherwise I still cry everyday and I can't make decisions/consentrate. I still can't be around groups of people or those with children/babies or pregnant. One on one I'm ok but then I just cry when I get in the car or get home.

My pregnant friend keeps telling me that I didn't lose a baby I lost an embryo - she just doesn't get it cos she's not had a miscarriage. She said if I'd had a mc at 27 weeks then that's a child but I didn't.

AQ good luck for you appt - give them hell!!!

Sharkey- Glad you are doing well and gl for scan x

MrsE- How heartless of your friend to say that! when i lost our 2 babies altho they were tiny, we lost all the hopes and dreams we had for a life with them and that is the devastating thing about it all. Someone who has not lost a baby will never understand that emotion. From the second we get that BFP we have their whole lives mapped out and so many dreams and hopes for that tiny life and then when we lose them...well its nothing short of heartbreaking. I promise things get better though emotionally xxx

Oooo sharkey I'm so thrilled for you. Keep us updated.

Mrse- totally agree with AQ. I did not have long to be excited but in that time I had though of everything. It wasn't a bundle of cells, it was my future baby and you have to grieve for that and for your hopes and dreams for your future. I must say I did find comfort in what the hospital said. When trying naturally sometimes things don't work. Hope you get some hope and comfort at your FU. The tears do get less with time. Xxxxxx

Del: hope this month goes quick for you so you can get things moving

Africa: GL with your FU next week x

Sharkey: GL with your scan when is it?

MrsE: sorry to hear your still having a difficult time - are you going away? your friend should say nothing than comment on things she cant possibly understand

Hello to everyone else hope you are all well x

afm meds arrived this morning :happydance: nearly starting roll on this time next week I would have taken my very first injection. I have been taking royal jelly when should I stop taking this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->