IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Better 2 wait and get everything done Africa,but yes the waiting is sooo hard. Dr doesn't have much else planned 4 us really,advice me to take babyasprin as well as my other supplements.
I asked about lap and he didn't think that I needed to have it done.
I'm praying it works for us both this time round we've been through do much haven't we! Xx

Melbram,really hope it goes well for u. the pessaries was the worst part for me,but u get used 2 them! xx

AQ glad things wen well today for you. What did mr Kingsland say about the low AMH responsible for poor egg quality out of interest? I've got my appt tomorrow but don't think they will offer the scratch thing to me cos I had an embryo implant so assume that's cos on both cycles you've not had them stick?

Anything else I should mention given your vast experience? Xx

AQ- great result. Let's hope with his backing you get your much deserved 3rd and hopefully lucky go. Why on earth did that other doc get involved??

Mrse- good luck today. Hope you get the answers you need. Xx

Del- Yes im glad that he is going to be checking everything before next cycle even though i dont relish the thought of a GA again as i am so sick from them :( all worth it tho i hope x

MrsE- I asked about AMH/Quality and he responded by telling me that Dr Coyne is booked in for a c-section today and her AMH was same as mine ;-) i dont think even having a 0.00 means no pregnancy cos look at Sharkey... You were just unlucky 1st time round but good news is that you had a sticky even tho for a short time and that bodes well for next cycle. They probs wont suggest a endo scratch for you as you clearly dont have implantation issues with 1st cycle being a BFP. 2 fails and he said he wouldnt do a further cycle without a scratch to give best chance so praying it does the trick for us and hope your FU appt goes well today x

Melbram- The pessaries are no probs hun ;-) i used them up the bum an they went in easy an no mess. Side effects are a bit crap cos they can mimic pregnancy and AF so bit of a head f**k tbh but hey ho. That's the world of IVF for you. Hope your 1st time lucky. Best advice i can give is to be very optimistic with a spoon full of reality incase you dont get lucky 1st time. I was convinced i would and i was beyond devastated when i got a BFN and last cycle i handled slightly better as i was more realistic that its not a miracle cure for infertility but just a chance of being pregnant. Good luck! x

Hi to everyone else x

Called the PCT and they finally asked what docs we are with and when i said Wirral they advised me im calling the wrong PCT! Doh! So called Wirral and they received all application and letters on 1st June and said we are in the system and a decision will be made very soon and passed to our GP. They have to respond within 4wks of getting app so will know by end of this mth one way or another and just praying its a yes as im worn out already without having to lodge a appeal, although of course we will do whatever it takes xxx

AQ- all looking promising. Keeping everything crossed for you. Dr Coyne did my EC- just shows AMH is not that accurate a test. Richard said at my fu that AMH is not fully understood yet.
Melbram- pessaries are fine, seriously nothing to stress over.

Lindy- She did my 2nd EC too. Really nice woman. She'll be on Mat leave for a while now i guess. Any news your end.....?? haha xxx

Hello Everyone...
Well im very new to this, so hope im doing it right! Ive been reading all your stories for a few weeks now so felt it was time I said hello!
So a brief summary about me... TTC for just over 2 years now. My GP referred me to my local fertility clinic end last summer time. Had one go of Clomid last Oct but had some kind of adverse reaction and my Ovary ended up full of cysts! Around a similar time starting having 2 /3 week periods.. so didnt try Clomid again to see if the bleeding would stop. By Feb time still having the long periods, so in March went in for a Laparoscopy/ Dye Test and Hysteroscopy. When I came round they told me both tubes were completely blocked.. quite sad but got told we were entitled to IVF at LPool Womens.
Got our PIE invite very quick, early April then had all our screening tests Mid April.
Hadnt heard anything for weeks.... so tried lots of time to get through(!) and then finally spoke to the co ordinator who sorted appointment for 26th July. Got the letter today to say we are booked in 26th July for 'Joint Consultants Clinic'. So, just wandering what happens here really, and what happens next??
Hope that covers everything!
Love x

Joanne- Welcome to our lil group and best of luck with forthcoming treatment :)
We have had 2 failed cycles of IVF at the womens due to me losing both tubes in 2010 to ectopic pregnancies. Next step for us if we get approved for further funding will be to have ICSI as i also have a egg quality issue it seems. Anyway, when you go to joint cons meeting, you an dh go along and its usually a nurse that you see. She will go through test results with you, ask some general questions and get you and dh weighed and measured. They may then be able to give you a date to start once you let them know where u are up to in your cycle. If you are too far ahead they will start you the next cycle and it also depends how many women are cycling that month too as they have to have enough space in the lab for embies and also as regards your EC/ET etc. It will be all systems go after joint cons meeting tho :) x

Lindy- Yes Lucy must of gone from you to me! how weird. Such a shame our little embie roomies didnt get to meet in this life :( x

xxx

Welcome Joanne :hi:

You a one step behind me x I attended the consultation appointment exactly 22 days ago lol OH and I were also seen by a nurse who took all our details (same questions as you've probably answered at other appointments). The nurse confirmed we are have ICSI and because AF arrived on the day of my consultation I start injecting tomorrow :happydance:

Hi joanne. You will find loads of support on here, all the ladies are fantastic and I found out more here than I did at the hospital and the support I got before , during and after my icsi really did get me through it all.

The joint clinic is mainly a paper signing exercise. She went thought our forms from the PIE night , went through our medical histories and basically told me to ring on day 1 of my next cycle which was a week or two later. I did the long protocol (which I think everybody does first time) , 21 days later I started my 1st injection then 3 weeks layer, after a scan, started the 2nd injection as well for two weeks then it's egg collection and hopefully a few days later transfer :) It is daunting but ok once you start and like I said everybody on here will always help if they can. Fingers crossed for you. Xx

Hi all

Well we went and as I suspected they said cos I did get pregnant, implanted and grew that they think it would have happened IVF or natural pregnancy and my chances of being that unlucky again are exactly the same. We discussed LP vs SP and they are leaning towards LP again because I did get 2 Blasto embryos. Discussed DHEA and Dr shaw was neither for or against it said it was up to me. We discussed would my odds have been better if I just had 1 embryo put back but he said statistically I have better chances in my circumstances to have 2 put back again. We discuses when I can do the next cycle and he said 3 bleeds not including the miscarriage which would mean my Aug period assuming my periods are not too out of sync and then mid Sept start injections. I asked if any reason why we can't start on July period given that time isn't on my side and that on LP I would have another bleed anyway and he recommended not too something about giving my ovaries time to get back to normal but wouldn't fight us if we want to start in July.

So there we have it - I'm not sure what im going to do yet but will take the DHEA cos I don't think clinics in US would be using them and reporting increased success if thy didn't help. But need to start taking them on my next period to the 3 months in before EC. Not sure what to do at the moment - any suggestions or research to help if is should do 2 or 3 bleeds?

Exciting that you ladies are starting soon.

Joanne - welcome to the board, hope your cycle goes well

Hi to everyone else.

I'm off on holiday on Sunday for 2 weeks in Cyprus so hoping that will help me heal after my MC so I may not be on here until I get back so good luck to those injecting and scanning. AQ hope you have your funding by time I get back!! Xxx

MrsE- I am glad your FU was hopeful and you have a lovely time on holiday. It will do you good. We could never afford a hol after i lost our babies but it would of been so nice to get away from everything for a little while so make the most of your trip and i also hope i have good news re funding when u get back. xxx

Have a wonderful holiday mrse. It will do you the world of good, mine has. Personally, I felt I wanted to start my next ivf straight away and I thought I was ready for it but I do think you need a couple of months off not only to physically recover but also to get yourself mentally strong and prepared to do it again. Xxxx

Hi ladies, so much has been going on since my last failure. Not been coming on here much as i have been keeping myself busy. Its the only thing i can do to Reduce that feeling of emptyness in my life. Im sure you all know it too well.

AQ great news about dr kingsland suporting you. U deserve it after everything you have been through.

Hope the rest of you ladies are keeping well and welcome to the newbies.

Afm i was meant to have an appointment with the head embryologist on 8th but i couldnt do that date so had to cancel. The next available date we can do is 20th july, so have to wait until then. Not really fussed as i still need time to mentally get over my last failure.

I am currently relaxing on my balcony in Dubai overlooking the sea. A holiday which is loooooong over due. I am having a great time, we went swimming with dolphins yesterday which is great. I never thought the holiday would help with the healing process but it really has. I am ready to come back and take on the world. I will have a baby no matter what it takes and this little set back last time will not bring me down.

Hi babydust, so nice to see you back here and im loving your renewed pma ;-) its sooo hard but we must believe that one day we will be holding our healthy babies.
Ooh Dubai! you lucky thing! sooo jealous. You have a wonderful time and you will be all ready for the next step in your journey. Keep in touch xxx

Hi Babydust glad to hear you are well and taking some time out x GL with your appointment next month x

Well Iv had my first injection :yipee: let the games begin (FX I win :haha:)

Ohhhh good luck melbram. How did it go? Was it ok?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->