IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies

Thank you for all your kind words and support - it is really appreciated.

This week has been slightly easier - had an appt with a counsellor this week which helped me realise I've not lost my marbles and I'm not insane which was helpful as I'm not acting myself an was getting worried! But she explained a few things which I hadn't appreciated before so think that's helping. Also she suggested I ask for an appt with Dr Troop or something - head embryologist as some of the questions I have he is the best person to answer so I've requested an additional appt with them but they are only around every othe week for appt so could be a few weeks before I see them.

Got my FU this week with Dr Shaw - who I don't think I've ever met - anyone else met him? Bascially I'm preparing to come away without my questions being answered cos at 1 mc they are just going to give me the it's natures way BS and how many women go on to have healthy pregnancies however I have a list of questions I want answering but know ultimately once the embryo is back inside there is nothing they or I can do it either takes or it doesn't. I just worry that I've got a chromosome or something issue and given my AMH I don't have the time or the eggs to waste!

Anyway see what happens.

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

Hi mrse.

Firstly I'm sending you lots of hugs. All the advice in the world cannot help, it's a process you are going through and everybody is different. I understand the upset, the anger , the bitterness and hopelessness I know you will have gone through and you feel alone and like you cannot feel any lower. Hopefully the counselling has helped you turn a corner.

Have all your questions written down (I carried a note book around with me to jot things down as I thought of them) I also asked about chromosome testing- the advice I got was they could refer us for that no problem but it was very expensive and he really did purist down to bad luck. I, like you, wanted a solution as to what had gone wrong so it could be put right for the next go but they said I responded well, I got pregnant so that showed I react well to the treatment and I could get pregnant.... I know it's cold comfort when a baby for us is the only successful outcome. I also looked into auto immune reasons it may have happened but again they said it was too soon to go down that route as well because they wouldn't know which area to focus on.

Not sure who dr shaw is, is it Lucy? What day are you in? Will be sending you lots of positive vibes for your consultation.

AQ- good luck with your FU. Kick ass and get that 3rd go!!! Totally 110% behind you.

Melbram- Yaaay for meds! you will soon be jabbing away x

Sharkey- Hope all is progressing well with you x

Lindy- Thanks hun. All you ladies support means the world x

MrsE- We had last consult with Mr Shaw and i didnt take to him tbh... found him too matter of fact and he just wasnt my cup of tea but iv heard others say how great he is so each to there own. Good luck with appt and you are right, one MC is not counted as anything out the ordinary but due to your 0.00 amh i would maybe ask did low egg reserve cause poss low quality too? its something i will be asking after 2 transfers and no pregnancy. Glad your feeling a little better x

Hi to Susie, Del, Laura, Lisa an all the gang x

AFM- We have our FU tomorrow morning with Mr Kingsland so praying he supports us compared to that Drakeley who we have never bloody met! i am getting sick of the womens tbh. Hope they prove me wrong asap xxx

Good luck tomorrow AQ I really hope you get the support you deserve :hugs:
xxx

Good luck AQ. Kick arse and fight your corner. Xxxxxxxxxx sending you all the hugs and positive vibes I can. Will say a prayer for you both. What time is appointment?

Mrse- hope your Fu goes well and you get answers to your questions so you can prepare for your next go. Sending you love and hugs.

Jules- how are you feeling?

Everybody else ok?

Thanks for support girls.
I have just wrote a long list of questions for Mr K and want answers! ;-)
DETERMINED to get a 3rd cycle and to get as much preparation done prior to starting.
It HAS to be 3rd time lucky. I am living a half life since i lost my babies and my mum and i need to live a full life again with our miracle baby.
Appt is 9.20am so nice an early xxx

AQ; Wishing you all the best for tomorrow's FU & kick some arses :) Will be crossing everything for you to get that 3rd cycle x

Hello everyone :)) x

Good luck with your appointment AQ, everything crossed for you to get that 3rd cycle x :hugs:

Hope your appt went well AQ, was thinking of you. I had mine this afternoon.
Nothing to report really just telling us next steps for FET..... Just need the periods to start now and the it's back to down reg for 3 weeks. Just hoping and praying it's all ok.

Hope everyone else is ok xxx

Hey jules- is it 3 periods like with trying full ivf again? When are you hoping to start?

AQ - hope it went well Hun. Cxx

Yes lindy.... 3 bleeds but as I don't have regular cycles and I've only had 1 bleed, if nothing has happened by end June then we call then and they will give me the tablets to make me, then it's just the usual day 23 for buserelin.
It was so busy this afternoon when we were there !

It's amazing how many couples are going through the same thing. Let's hope AF gets a wriggle on. X

Jules- Hope AF gets regular soon so you can get started for FET x

Hi to all the gang x

Well FU appt with consultant went well as it could go considering that we have yet to be approved funding. He said he fully supports us and that if the PCT consider our case they will write to him anyway asking for his professional opinion of which he said he fully supports our case and if they refuse us and we go to appeal he will fully back that too so good to know the main man is on our side :) he is going to send us a appt for 3mths time as by then the funding will be approved or not for sure and also i would of had time to lose more weight(he never mentioned this at all, but i want to do it to give us best poss chance) also he said before starting our 3rd cycle he wants to do a Lap and a few other tests to ensure there is nothing hindering implantation and also he will do a endo scratch prior to next transfer to aid our embie to stick. He said he's had good results from it. I told him i had ordered DHEA tabs from the net an showed him and he said to take 100mg per day for 3mths as it 'may' help egg quality(he didnt want to commit to this as no med evidence of it but he believes it helps) and also a vitamin E tab everyday too. He also told dh to take vitamin E and Zinc daily. So where we stand at the moment... we are starting the tabs tomorrow, im sticking to my diet to lose another 2 stones before starting next cycle, we are awaiting PCT response and and i have 2 not very pleasant procedures to endure before next cycle but god willing all the pain will be worth it in the end :) xxx

Hi girls,how's everyone doing? Very busy on here and lots going on.
Mrs E,hope ur fringe a little stronger xx
Melbram,how u feeling about getting started? X
Africa, hope all went well for u today hun xx
Hi Lindy,jules,sharkey and the rest of the gang x

AFM - well I'm not able to start on things this month, gone with their advice,sooo frustrating as all the meds have arrived. Let's hope I ovulate during this next cycle so I can get the biopsy done and get started! X

We must have posted at the same time Africa. Glad things went well,let's hope u get the funding. Mr Gzvanni also mentioned the endo scratch and said that it helps implantation,the biopsy that I'm having will have the same effect as the scrape the lining. Xx

That's great Del that we will both being getting all these investigations done before our next and hopefully successful cycles :) i would rather wait longer and have all these tests to help get our baby here than waste another precious cycle but omg the waiting game is terrible isnt it? should be used of it by now i guess. Im going to use this next few mths to my advantage to get as fit and healthy as possible and ready for pregnancy please god :) what other plans does your cons have for you an dh?? xxx

Africa: sounds like things well really well today roll on getting these procedures out the way and geting you to round 3 :happydance:

Del: Excited to get started and feeling probably overly positive but hey ho in for a penny in for a pound :dohh: :loopy: its the pessaries im not looking forward to more than anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->