IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

AQ that is great news. i would strongly recommend u both get away together for a few days. You both have been some extreme pressure over the past few years and you just need time to concentrate on each other. Put aside everything and just enjoy each others company.

Our week away has done us a world of good, it reminded us of how much we love each other and what life was like before the added pressure of ttc. We did get to a point were it felt like we both wanted different things and arguements kept creeping but the week away made us realised we actually want the same but struggled to communicate. Things have been great since we have got back. I never for a second it would help, we will still be coming back to the same issues, but its weird how we are both much more calmer in each others company.

I wish you all the best, you both deserve a break.

AQ: glad to hear you and DH are working through things...there must have been something in the water yesterday as my friend split up with her OH too then had a good chat and decided to work at it and give it another go. I really hope you can both get your lives back on track and you win your appeal and get your miracle baby x

Babydust: so sorry you got a bfn :( where are you up to now with the IVF side of things?

Hi to everyone else hope you are all well x

afm still jabbing away - baseline next Thursday so hope to start stimming then ;D

Awww babydust that sucks :hugs:

& Africa I'm really pleased for you, I know it's not all butterflies & rainbows yet but the main thing is you know you love each other & I'm sure you will make it work over time :hugs:

xxx

AQ- great news. You seriously deserve to be happy. You are such a kind giving person. Ivf is so stressful for couples and it is easy to become angry because let's face it the situation we are in is shit and beyond cruel. Hopefully we all get our little miracles one way or the other. Xxxx

Thanks everyone xx

Babydust- We would love to get away but sadly funds cant stretch to that as we are not in the best financial situation atm. I am thinking of booking a few days away for our anniversary in Dec tho so at least we can save a little by then and have something to look forward to together. Hope your ok x

Hi to everyone else x

I rejoined slimming world tonight as tried doing it alone an iv done crap... gained sooo much weight thru comfort eating! back on a mission now tho. Need to get that bmi right down for next IVF whenever that may be xxx

Hi ladies, hope your all enjoying ur weekend. With ramadan coming up iv been busy making all the dishes to freeze. It sure is keeping my mind occupied. Its been 52 days since my last AF and there is still no sign of the wicked witch!!! Grrr. Still no symptoms apart from the back pain.

Im so confused, DH has banned me from using the internet so i dont get tempted to google. DH is at work so managed to find the ipad. Hehehe. Not that its helping. Its driving me nuts

Babydust- I know you said you have had long cycles in the past , is this longer than normal? Would it be worth phoning the women's and seeing what they say? Where are you up to with treatment?

AFM- having a scan tomorrow. Paying privately because it is stupidly long till I see a m/w and my nerves are totally gone. Hoping and praying everything is ok.

Hey lindy, iv never gone over 45 days. This is the first time anything like this has happened. My breasts are sore but nothing out of the ordinary, Its just like what i would get before an af. I only started noticing yesterday. Iv got an appointment with the doctor on friday.

As for my treatment, it failed in March due to no fertilisations, im meeting the head embryologist on 20th July to discuss my eggs. Im having a break for 12 months cuz i cant mentally do this anymore. Its been taking over our lives and its making us both really unhappy. The holiday has really helped

Best of luck with your scan, iv got everything crossed for you

Babydust- I remember your story but didn't realise you had not seen embryologist yet. A break from treatment will do you good- the roller coaster is exhausting! Have you done another test? I would call the Hewitt as well as seeing your GP because I have found that most GP's don't seem to understand our treatment!

Lindy- lots of luck for scan tomorrow hun! text me an let me know how it went x

Babydust- I understand how you feel. It really does consume our lives doesnt it :( hope you get some joy from your appt on the 20th. x

Hi to everyone else xxx

Hi ladies

I'm back from my hols and I think it did help with accepting my MC. Plus my close friend was due on 11th July and I was wondering how I was going to cope but she had it in my first week of hols so all the fuss will have died down now I'm hoping. Going to see her later today so just hope I'm strong enough while I'm with her and then prob fall apart when I leave. She knows about my IVF and MC but still not going to be easy.

Also I've got an appt with the head Embryologist on Friday - it was a suggestion by the counsellor that given I had grade A+ and A- embryos transferred and MC how do we help the same thing not happen again? So once I've seen him I can make a decision of when my next cycle will be but I'm leaning towards my next period which will be two but cos LP I will have my 3rd period whilst on cycle plus normally they say wait 3 cycles after IVF doesn't work to give body time to get rid of drugs but actually my body had a month whilst I was pregnant to get rid of the drugs. I just want to get started ASAP now co I'm turning 37 in sept and I'm getting worried about age and eggs!

So on to everything on here - my you've been busy! I hope I remember where everyone is up to:

AQ - firstly so sorry to hear about the challenges personally with your OH it's a gruelling process and tests relationships to the max but if the first cycle showed anything it was that you need to make time for each other away from injections and scans, etc. that and OH and I talked about everything our expectations, how we felt - which isn't easy with our lovely men but understand how everything is pretty focussed on the women and just assumed the guy will produce his sample end of but they have a vested interest in the process and all they want to do is fix the problem of no eggs or whatever and they can't. Hope you guys get back on track together xx

Any news on the appeal when do you expect to hear??

Babydust - I would be out there buying tests I don't know how you are keeping going that's exciting what day did you last test?

Melbram - how are the injections going? Have you had your lining scan yet?

Lindy - what lovely news for you. I can't remember if you were unexplained infertility or if they found any issues - well clearly there are no issues and I'm very happy for you. Just hope I'm as lucky this month!!

Sorry if I've missed anyone out there is rather a lot to catch up on in2 weeks!!

Xx

HI MrsE glad you had a good break - hope you get some answers on Friday and everything will be full steam ahead with your next cycle :)

Injections are going ok - a little bit of bruising but nothing much - baseline is on Thursday so fx all ok so I can start stimming ;)

Mrse- so glad your holiday went well and hope your appointment with embryologist goes well. I was undiagnosed infertility so hopefully the drugs kick started something!

Melbram- things seem to fly once you start stimming. I think it's because it is not long between appointments.

Wishing everybody lots of luck and baby dust. Xxx

Hey mrse, glad you had a good time away. It really does help.

I tested last wednesday and it was bfn, iv got a doctors appointment on friday so will do a test in morning before i go. Iv managed to keep away because im too scared to see the bfn again. No news is good news, at least this way i can dream.

Good luck with the head embryologist on friday

Melbram good luck with your baseline on thursday

Hi Babydust. Have you managed to resist doing another test?

My scan went really well. It looked like a little jelly baby! Heard its heart beat which was great and it sort of did a little wriggle.

How is everybody else doing?

MrsE- Welcome back and i am glad your feeling more refreshed and accepting of things. One day at a time. You will get there. x

Melbram- Good luck for baseline scan tomorrow and i hope u can start stimming x

Hi to Lindy, Babydust, Sharkey, Bugs, and all the gang x

Nothing to report here. Kingsland on hol till tomorrow so we will miss deadline for next PCT panel meeting so wont know anything till end of Aug now :( xxx

AQ- that sucks but hopefully with his support we get the right result!

AQ sorry you have to wait longer, August will be here before you know it. :hugs:

so glad your scan went well Lindy, how are you feeling, hope you are not too icky :thumbup:
xxx

Hello Girlies :flower:

Just thought I would quickly pop on to see how you all are getting on!

AQ, Im glad you managed to sort things out with your hubby :happydance: Going through fertlity treatment can be total stress for both sides :hugs: Lets hope you both get good news with the appeal as you sure as hell deserve It :kiss:

Melbram, Mahoosive good luck with your baseline scan today! Im sure you will be fine :kiss:

Lindy, Im glad your scan went brilliant.... Hearing the HB Is the most amazing thing that you can here :happydance: (Bought myself a Sonoline B so been hearing the HB since just after 11wks at home)! Worth Investing In one :kiss:

Lisa, How you getting on? Not long to go for you now :happydance:

Also hello to everyone else!

AFM, Will be entering our 2nd Trimester on Saturday :yipee: Honestly cant believe It's gone this quick to be honest... We had our 12wk scan last Monday & was put forward by + 2 days :haha: Didn't get great pictures as the baby wasn't being co-operative for the scanner & was face down :dohh: That's our baby for ya!! Everyone has now been told which Is a relief as I dont know how long I could of kept It a secret... Most of our relatives had guessed a few weeks back but not said anything, RASCALS :haha: Anyways back to work I go & I will pop on very soon :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->