IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Evening everyone....AQ are u out there...did you hear anything??
I phoned HC today to see if I could get an appointment any sooner with no joy. So I phoned Dr Kingsland PA direct to see if I could see him privately, and got an appointment for Monday night! It's pricey, but hopefully it will be worth it. I've only been off my period for 4 days, and started again today extremely heavy ...so just can't go on like this any longer.
Love to all x x

Jo glad your getting to see him sooner, shame you couldn't be seen on NHS but hopefully it'll be money well spent! Best of luck - keep us informed! :)

We decided in the end to go with embroscope -£700 slight expensive but I'm hoping its worth it! Besides I keep telling myself how lucky we'll be when hopefully our little one does arrive well have photographs of them when they where an embryo - that's got to be special right? How many people get that?

We're seeing dr Kingsland tomorrow regarding the sedation, so nervous now don't want to have a breakdown but sometimes feel I'm headed that way!

Thanks Del, how you feeling now? I meant to ask you the other day, are you going to test yourself when the 2ww is over or are you going in to the centre and getting them to do it for you?

The other thing I wanted to ask without digging thru he old posts was this a fresh cycle? Who made the decision to go with 2 embies as opposed to one, when we had our joint consultation they said it would be one transferred and was wondering f we got any say over that! Big hugs x x x x

Gemz,I'm ok thanks,still have some mild cramping every now and again. Always done the test at home but I usually bleed at 11 days past transfer. Yes this was my third fresh cycle,second short protocol. I had one embryo transfered the first time,then 2 with frozen transfer as both were thawed. From then on it was agreed that they would 2 back if they were good quality because of the complexityof our case. They don't usually allow 2 but u could insist,question doc about it 2moz Xx

Thx Del, what complexities are there in your case if you don't mind me asking? I've for hydros in both tubes, but there was delayed spillage during HSG but Dr Kingsland said hes seen worse hyrdos who hava had a suceasful natural prgnancy but this is our best hope. AMH level is 19, and there's no problems with DH. just curious really wondered if we had a better chance with two rather than one. I'm 29 - 30 next month and DH is 35

Hope the cramping settles down, are you NHS or private patient? Is the time passig quickly? X x x

MrsE- Yay for starting DR on monday! you will soon be pupo :) x

Sharkey- Thinking of you x

Likkle-Good luck for appt with Mr K tomorrow x

Joanne- Good luck for private appt x

Nab- Yay for starting soon x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Our appeal hearing was today and i had a missed call from the lady i speak to at the PCT as was on a 8pm finish in work and not allowed phone on in work so had a VM from pct and she said she will try call me again in the morning so praying its good news. Cannot take anymore bad news. Badly need a stroke of luck and a lil break. Nite all. Gonna be a sleepless night for me :( xxx

Africa I really hope u get good news in the morning, fx that they have agreed to funding. Good luck Xx

Good luck Africa, keeping everything crossed for you today :hugs: xx

AQ - any news on if you've been given your 3rd cycle funding?

Hello all - lots been going on here!

Africa: the suspense is killing me never mind you! - did you get your funding I really do hope so - you deserve it x

Gems: hope your appointment went well when do you start?

JOanna: so glad you managed to get an earlier appointment Monday compared with October is a huge difference!!!

Del: hope you are ok and the cramps start to settle for you x whens test date?

Hope everyone else is well x

afm Im having a bad day think the IVF failing amongst other work stresses has hit me today - not like me but just feel like crying all the time - I think my hormones are still all over the place though because I have been on my period for 12 days now since I got the BFN and still have hot flushes - hope this passes soon !x

Melbram it is so hard when you have invested so much time and emotion not to mention the physical toll it all takes on you. You really need the world to give you a break and not let normal life stresses hit you for a while. Have a good cry. Let it all out. Hugs. Xx

AQ- hugs. Hope you are ok xxxx

Del- good luck tomorrow. xx

Hi to Everybody else. Xxx

Hello all - lots been going on here!

Africa: the suspense is killing me never mind you! - did you get your funding I really do hope so - you deserve it x

Gems: hope your appointment went well when do you start?

JOanna: so glad you managed to get an earlier appointment Monday compared with October is a huge difference!!!

Del: hope you are ok and the cramps start to settle for you x whens test date?

Hope everyone else is well x

afm Im having a bad day think the IVF failing amongst other work stresses has hit me today - not like me but just feel like crying all the time - I think my hormones are still all over the place though because I have been on my period for 12 days now since I got the BFN and still have hot flushes - hope this passes soon !x

Hi Melbram,sorry ur not feeling too good hun,dealing with a fail takes time and your emotions are going to be hard to control. I fully understand how ur feeling. Sending u a big hug Xx I still have very mild cramping every now and again. Test day is sunday. xx

Melbram it is so hard when you have invested so much time and emotion not to mention the physical toll it all takes on you. You really need the world to give you a break and not let normal life stresses hit you for a while. Have a good cry. Let it all out. Hugs. Xx

AQ- hugs. Hope you are ok xxxx

Del- good luck tomorrow. xx

Hi to Everybody else. Xxx

Thank u Lindy,hope ur ok Xx

Hang on in there del. fx for you. Hope it goes ok tomorrow. X

Hi all

Sorry for late reply, bit of an emotional roller coaster of a day. Had appointment with Dr Kingsland and it went really well - big relief!

Had another attempt with a catheter test, this time elevated my hips and had gas and air on standby. It worked although it was still painful thou nowhere as bad as last week (thanks to the gas and air I think!) Dr K thinks a light IV sedation will be the best option. So we're going to go for that option. He did get it all in thou so he doesn't expect any problems at et! Quite happy and relieved now! So we're on target for baseline scan on Thursday and then hopefully start stimming!

Felt groggy all day - had to go back to work afterwards so had a longer day than usual plus has evening injection which I think has wiped me out!

Del thanks for message I'll respond tomorrow hen I don't feel like a zombie

Melbram sorry your still feeling poorly hope this get resolved soon. When's your next appointment?

AQ - any news yet hun? Been thinking about you all day x x x

Melbram- Its normal to be emotional after a failed cycle due to all the hormone changes we put ourselves through and all the dashed hopes. Its exhausting emotionally an physically so be kind to yourself x

Likkle- Glad today went well as it could and that is a relief for you that they are going to use sedation. I am going to insist on it for my Endo scratch as i have heard that is horrifically painful from lots of women. Good luck with this cycle x

Hi to all the girls x

AFM- I called my contact at the pct back and she said the decision has been made and will be sent in writing to my GP so i have to wait up to a wk!?! i am on pins and its making me so stressed tbh. I just want to know! she said she didnt know but will do when she gets the email to print the letter off and send to my GP so thinking i may call her again tomorrow and see if she's had the email... it is starting to be that i am pestering them tho so im not sure if i should but i just need to know and so does dh. We are desperate to find out xxx

Melbram- Its normal to be emotional after a failed cycle due to all the hormone changes we put ourselves through and all the dashed hopes. Its exhausting emotionally an physically so be kind to yourself x

Likkle- Glad today went well as it could and that is a relief for you that they are going to use sedation. I am going to insist on it for my Endo scratch as i have heard that is horrifically painful from lots of women. Good luck with this cycle x

Hi to all the girls x

AFM- I called my contact at the pct back and she said the decision has been made and will be sent in writing to my GP so i have to wait up to a wk!?! i am on pins and its making me so stressed tbh. I just want to know! she said she didnt know but will do when she gets the email to print the letter off and send to my GP so thinking i may call her again tomorrow and see if she's had the email... it is starting to be that i am pestering them tho so im not sure if i should but i just need to know and so does dh. We are desperate to find out xxx

A week!! That's not fair in you guys knowing a decision has been made and you can't find out until your GP gets a letter!!! I wouldn't worry about pestering them hun, we're used to it within the NHS and he/she will know your just anxious to know the result. Have you got a good relationship with your GP? If you contact the PCT and don't get anywhere give them a call they could chase it up for you an might get the response quicker! Sorry you hve to wait even longer! Sending big hugs xx x

AQ- that is so unfair calling and saying you have to wait !! Keeping everything crossed. Xx

Licklegem- glad it went well x

Glad it went well LIkklegems - Next appointment is 18th September so think I may start again in November x

AQ - Cant believe you are being made to wait up to another week!! Im sure your GP will let you know if you harass them enough ;) everything still crossed for ya x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->