IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Great news Jo, good luck for Wednesday x

How you feeling Lisa? Any day now!! Any signs? Are you booked at the women's?

Hi to everyone else xx

I'm ok thanks Susie, first day of maternity leave today so I've just been chilling on the couch.
I'm presuming I'm booked in at the womens, that's where I'm planning on going anyway lol, went there for my scans.
I had a few pains on Friday, quite severe constant back ache but I think maybe it was her just dropping down a bit as I've been feeling things a lot lower down the past few days.
I do think I'll go over though as I calculated my due date as the 9th oct, I know when it was as we only :sex: once as it was straight after my operation to remove my cyst and endo & it was too painful.
I'm ok with that though, I'm just grateful to be in this position & so am happily taking the backache, cramps, & lack of sleep & just enjoying still feeling her in there.
I'll certainly let you guys know as soon as I can if something starts to happen.
I am a bit scared about the birth but it can't go on forever & I'll get the best ever gift at the end so I just keep concentrating on that.
Sending lots & lots of :dust: to all of the ladies on this thread, wish you all the luck in the world :thumbup:
xxx

Lisa I worried about the labour but once you get going with some pain relief you just get excited about the baby. I liked the women's but there are no tv's in the rooms so make sure your oh packs some stuff to do, iPod/book etc. they kept checking me and saying 'we'll come back in 4 hours.' I was fine all spaced out on gas and air but my oh was sooo bored bless him. I thought I would go over as well but I had a middle of the night shock at 37+4 so you never know. Put your feet up while you can. Xx

Joanne- Great news getting to blast! good luck for wed x

Lisa- Ooh not long now! excitement and nerves are completely normal x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Mr K has finally done the appeal letter and faxed it over to PCT today! yaaay!! we have a little chance now xxx

AQ that's awesome!!!! Woop a step closer every day! :) fx the pct will back down and find you x x x

Evening all....hope everyone is well.
Great news AQ well on your way now.
I'm taking the rest of this week off sick, which my boss was fine with and then taken Monday as a days holiday so we can go out and do something nice.
I read online it can take 5 days to implant, so this way by taking the time at least I will feel I gave it every chance. Have quite a stressful job, so would be very hard to stay relaxed in work!!
Bit nervous about tomorrow.. :(
Nite nite all x

Hello all,
Back home now all went ok...bit uncomfortable but ok....we had one strong blasto so that went in.
Will send us a letter if any more survive.
Going to take it easy for a few days now.
Love j x

Great news Jo! Congrats on being PUPO! Take it easy and i hope the wait goes quick an results in a BFP. When is OTD? xxx

Good luck Jo, thinking of you :hugs:

Hey girls,

well I'm in hospital. Came in about 4pm with a headache & reduced movements. My BP was 160/100 & I had protein in my urine so I have the dreaded pre-eclampsia!!

As I was due they decided to induce me, I was 2cm anyway & she said she could break my waters so they reckon I would have gone naturally in the next day or so anyway. So contractions started about 1/2 an hour after my sweep at 7pm & then they broke my waters at 8.30pm. Contractions getting stronger and they also put me on an iv drip to get things moving faster.

I've had an epidural too as it helps to keep the BP down which is the main thing... Although it's like heaven & I'd soooo recommend it!

Just waiting to be checked over to see how much I've progressed in 4 hours, if I don't have much progression by the morning it will be a section!

Hope you are all doing well, will update when I can :hugs:

xx

Jo

Congrats! Take it easy now!!

Lisa hope your ok! And everything's gone well! Will have to let us know what your having and what you've named him/her - good luck hun

Having a tough time at work lately will message later and pick everyone's brain! Hugs x x x x

Congrats Jo- take it easy. Lots of relaxing and positivity!

Aq- fabulous news. Bring on round 3- hopefully funded!!

Lisa- oooo soooooo exciting!! Hope everything is going well!!

Congrats on being PUPO JO :happydance:

Lisa: How exciting! :headspin: hopefully your little one may have been born by now! :cloud9:

Gems: sorry to hear you are having a bad time at work x

AQ: do you have a date for the outcome???

HI to everyone else - how you are all well

Hi Everyone - just wondered if i could join this thread? I have been stalking for a while but seen as i just got referred for IVF at the Women's today i thought i would finally take the plunge and join this thread!
First of all i would like to wish Joanne C congrats on being PUPO, i really hope you get your BFP!
Lisa 40 - hope you are ok and that baby makes a fast appearance!!
africaqueen - i have been reading a little about your situation i don't know the full background but i hope they accept your appeal and you get another funded attempt of IVF. x

So a little background info on me and my hubby.
Im 30 and he is 32. He has a low sperm count but motility and morphology are fine. The docs said a natural pregnancy with his count was possible but it hasn't happened in 19 months of trying. I have had all the tests. I had a hysteroscopy a few months ago to remove some polyps and a very small fibroid. I also have a lowish AMH, i cant remember the exact number but it was 9.something! I have been seeing Dr Drakeley who i wasn't too keen on at first but i have warmed to him. He has been good at reassuring me that despite my AMH and my husbands sperm count we still have a good chance. Anyway i have been taking Chlomid for the last couple of months despite my reservations on taking a drug i don't really need (i ovulate every month) and as i said he has referred us today. Anyway i have a couple of questions if someone does't mind answering?
How long will it take for me to hear from The Hewitt and what will happen next?
Dr Drakeley said that we may need ICSI if my husbands sperm count doesn't improve. Does Liverpool PCT give two funded rounds of ICSI?

Thanks in advance ladies!

Welcome lovetoeatcake

Yep you will get two goes of ICSI at the Hewitt under NHS - I am x

In relation to waiting times the next step for you will probably be attending PIE then it all starts to go pretty quick from there - I cant remember the exact times but I think I may have waited appx 1 month to attend the PIE appointment, then had to have blood tests done then had appointment to go through the blood test results and lots of questions that you would have already been asked before, then schedule to start on your next cycle x

Hi lovetoeatcake and welcome. Good luck with your treatment. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->