IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Welcome to the thread lovetoeatcake - I love your username! :flower:

Jo congrats at being pupo, hope you don't find the 2ww too stressful. We are all here for support and advice xx

AQ everything crossed for the appeal, have you got any timescales? Xx

Melbram - hope things are ok with you.

Gemz sorry work is crap, hope you are ok x

Lindy hope all is well with baby, are you getting movement now? X

Hi to everyone else xx

Not sure if I have felt a couple of little movements. Only happened a few times- hoping it is!
Hope everything is ok with you susie sue

Hope you are cuddling your little pink bundle Lisa xxx

Hello everyone....thanks for all your messages.....
Anyone heard from Lisa....all very exciting :) ??
Welcome lovetoeatcake.....I had my PIE in April, and just finished treatment if that helps with timings etc. feels like it goes on forever but not that long really!
My text date is 14th, 11 days after ET is that normal?
Enjoying taking it easy :)
Have a lovely weekend x

JoC- it depends how many days past collection they do transfer. Test is 14 days after fertilisation I think so if you are going to blast that sounds about right to me. I had transfer on a Monday and test a week on Friday as I got to blast xxxx

Hey girls,

I've not really had time to read through all of the recent posts so apologies if I've missed anyones news. I'll go back and read them all when I get home.

Just to update you all, we had our baby girl Isla Summer 7lb 5oz at 7.31am on 4th October.

I can't really remember what I said was happening but I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia when I got to the hospital on Wed eve, I went in because I was just generally feeling unwell.

Anyway they decided to induce me straight away as my blood pressure was ski high, all was going well all the way through, until it was time to push, they then decided my BP was too high to start pushing and they gave me medication to bring it down.

It was the strangest medication ever, actually makes you feel like you are burning from the inside out & I was vomiting from it for over half an hour.

So I started pushing & although it was working it wasn't fast enough for my BP issues so out came the forceps.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I had a 4th degree tear which I needed surgery to repair but they couldn't stop the bleeding & so I ended up with 2 transfusions!

It was all very scary at the time but I'm out of the other end with my gorgeous little girl and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

For those girls who are expecting though my experience is not normal, although it goes to show that it can be worse than you thought it could be but better than expected if you know what I mean?

I'm probably not making sense I've not slept much since Tuesday night lol.

Hope everyone is well, I'll update some pictures when I get home.
xx

Lisa; Congratulations to you all on the birth of Baby Isla Summer.......................!!! :happydance::happydance::kiss:
Hopefully you'll heal quite quickly & be better very soon!!!! Enjoy every minute of It as I keep getting told that there not baby's for long.....x Will be me 13wks time :haha: x x x x

Jo; crossing everything for your 2ww x

Hello to everyone else x x

Lisa massive massive congratulations!! Isla is a beautiful name. Thrilled for you. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations Lisa on the birth of your little princess :cloud9::cloud9::baby:
The birth sounded scary, glad you are both ok. I had the forceps too but they gave me an episiotomy as they were worried about me tearing. You will be v sore for a few weeks, for me the pain of that was worse than labour however it does get better, and it's sooo worth it. Can't wait to see pics, how long will you be in? Xx

Hiya. I had an epidiotomy and still tore lol :sad2: ah well!

They want me on 48 hours of iv antibiotics so the last dose should be 8pm tonight however I still need to go for a poop & I'm a bit scared lol.

I'm hopeful if I can poop I can go home after the last drip but I think they'll want to keep me in 1 more night.

Isla has been great but there's another baby on the ward that won't stop screaming bless it and it's really hard to try & breastfeed, changing positions etc without your partner here after 8pm so I just really want to get her home.

Shouldn't complain though. I just want to start our new lives & daddy misses her terribly.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. Good luck for a few weeks Sharkey :thumbup:

xx

Ahhh Lisa! Sorry it was difficult birth but you've now got your fab eautiful daughter congratulations! Are you at home now?

Sorry I'm on phone and can't really read all the posts! Back home later and will be able to do it all then!!

Hi Lisa...... Congrats! You must be so happy. It sounds like quite an ordeal but I hope you start to heal/ feel better very soon ! It must be so hard being on the ward with the others.... I don't think my husband would ever want to leave us , so I bet you do dread that 8pm time! But hopefully only a short while left there .... Sending you lots of go home dust !! Xxxx

Aww Lisa i feel your pain! I was in 4 days as was trying to establish bf and I cried everytime dh left at 8pm. They moved me to my own room on the 3 rd night and I actually missed being on the ward, lol. Looking forward to pics and hope you feel better v soon xx

Melbram and Joanne c thanks for the info and thank you for the welcome from everyone else.

Lisa40 – congratulations on the birth of Isla Summer, what a beautiful name! Sounds like a very scary experience, but like you say all worth it in the end! Hope you are home soon!!

I got a letter from the Hewitt today already! I was hoping it would be my PIE invite but it was a questionnaire to make sure we are eligible for funding, which i assume we are. I assume it will take a few weeks then for the funding to come through? As you can tell i am impatient!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. x

Lisa: Huges Congratulations to you and your partner on the Birth of your precious little girlie :cloud9: Sorry to hear your labour experience was a bit traumatic to say the least :wacko:

lovetoeatcake: Thinking back to when we were referred from Gyne to the Hewitt - we have male factor issue. Few days later I had letter with NHS funding questionnaire which I thought was odd. Nevertheless I completed it and returned it to the Hewitt. My next appointment after that was actually a consultation appointment with Mr Kingsland where he just disussed the IVF process and confirmed that was for the best and he would put us on the list for the next PIE appointment which was roughly a month later. I asked whether the funding had been approved and he looked puzzled and asked me why wouldnt it be? so I explained about the questionnaire and he said it must have been sent to me in error :wacko:

That's what puts me off the women's- they don't let partners stay. My brother was allowed to stay with SIL at Warrington. I think I'd prefer my own room to be honest. I thought that the women's didnt have wards? ?

Lisa- HUGE CONGRATS!!! Welcome to the World Isla Summer! beautiful name :) so sorry you went through hell with the birth but now you have your miracle and a lifetime of happiness together xxx

Lovetoeatcake- Thank you and welcome to the thread :) best of luck with your treatment, My story in a nutshell is that i had 2 ectopic pregnancies in 2010 resulting in me losing both tubes. I also have a 2.5 AMH level. We have had 2 failed cycles of IVF but next cycle will be ICSI so i think we stand a better chance x

Lindy and Melbram- Thanks for support ladies. I dont know when we will know the outcome. I should imagine by mid Nov but not too sure... praying we get a good outcome. x

Hi to Susie, Laura, Jules and all the gang x

AFM- Nothing to report other than i have a new job(same company, different campaign) that starts on Monday so the fresh start will do me good :) xxx

Lindy the women's has wards if you have had a more complicated birth, and there are single rooms for more straightforward ones. I was on the ward 3 nights as I also lost blood and they were supporting me with bf as baby woudnt latch. I went in a single room for one night and they said dh could stay but he went home as we had loads to sort out with my going into labour early. I saw some other men around late on so they must let partners stay. I have to say that before the birth I wanted a single room but in the end I actually preferred the ward. I was v tired and sore, and on the ward you get more direct care and support, I was left to it in the single room and it felt a long night!!

AQ hi and congrats on the new Job xx

Hi ladies hope everyone is well, congratulations Lisa on the arrival of baby Isla.

Just an update from me we got our level 1 & 2 immune tests back and they show a few concerns. I have a blood clotting issue which can affect implantation I also have a high level of antibodies which means my immune system see's the embryo's as a threat and basically destroys them and to top it of me and my OH share a similar gene which has an affect somewhere aswell.

So really what it all means is no wonder it's not worked in the past, my next protocol will be an immune protocol with intralipids, steroids, clexane ontop of the normal protocol plus a course of HRT before we start to try and encourage some better quality eggs so I'm so glad we paid for the tests now and I feel very confident that Care will get me good and pregnant xxxx

Hi girls

Just a quick one from me tonight! And to pick some advice

AQ: glad things are going well, November will be here before you know it and hopefully with a positive outcome! :) hopefully the new job will be a nice new distraction!

Lovetoeatcake: welcome! I didn't have tr questionnaire as I'd already gone thru outpatients clinic! It goes surprisingly quickly thou do try not to worry

Hope everyone else is good!

Afm I've had a pretty tough week in work! I've been really upset with how I've been treated. As far as work is concerned I've been off in sick leave for the past two weeks and they are treating it as normal sickness like a common cold and as I've now been off see real times (all related to gynie issues) they are sending me to occupational health for an assessment. I don't mind really but they already sent me 3 months ago when I was admitted to hospital following my HSG. Anyway spoke to my union rep and the law states that this episode of sickness should be treated as pregnancy relate even thou our embie didn't stick. I've now got a battle to have this removed from my sick record. Not that I'm looking for a new job at the moment but if this horrible attitude continues from my boss over my attendance due to IVF I'm Lilly to crack! I swear they're making my stress levels worse! What do they want me to do! I went into work and totally fell apart and the doctor signed me off as I was in a right state! What have you all experienced following a failed ivf an sickness absence with work. Would be great to know

X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->