IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

That's brilliant then as I am due on three days later!! How long do all the drugs take etc?? We were thinking of going away in April but think its a no go!! This is way more important so who cares!! Thanks for getting back to me. I see by your ticker you got a bfp!! Congratulations!!

Thank you :)
They advise not to go away abroad,
I started my buserelin on the 6/1 then started the fostimon on 24/1 and stopped them both on 3/2, had a needle free day then went in for egg collection x

Is it that you start injecting around 21 days after the start of your period?? Sorry about all the questions!!

Welcome Rachel. It is a bit daunting but once you get going it gets easier. Yes you start injecting 21 days after your period. X

Day 23 I started rachel
Don't worry about all the questions, I'm a first timer on here and all the ladies are lovely and helpful

Hi Rachel and welcome

Very quick post from me as I'm skiving in work oh phone. It depends on the length of you cycle as well! I've got a short cycle 23-25 days usually so I had to start them on day 19.

Thanks for all coming back to me ladies really nice to know there are people who you can talk to. My cycle is around 28 days give or take a day!!
We are unexplained so hopping there was nothing flagged up on our tests suppose we've just got to be patient!! Everything about ttc is waiting ahhh!!

My cycle is 28 days and they chose day 21 to start down regulation. Good luck with your cycle honey x

Your welcome hun! We all share a lot on here so don't worry! How long have you being ttc? Did you go via liverpool women's outpatients? Usually they've done all the tests bloods etc you need so the delay is practically nothing. I would guess that they wouldn't do your period the first time (they don't like it rushed as they try to space as much as possible out) so don't get disheartened if you don't start straight after. You'll be fine!

We've been at lancashire teaching hospital and got referred!! Been trying 3 years in April got referred in November had the information evening the beginning of jan bloods the end of jan n now just waiting for appointment!!
Was diagnosed with Leiden factor v in November so even more injections will be needed I think if the ivf works!!

Woop! Baseline scan went well and can start stimming tonight :happydance: Never thought i'd be so excited to stick needles in myself!

Oops sorry, by stimming I meant the ovarian stimulation injections (menopur). I'm on the short protocol so didn't have the down regulation injections, I just had a month of birth control pills, and now I get to start the fun part :thumbup:

Hey that's a point, what's the difference between a frozen and fresh cycle!?

Genzyme you can have either a natural FET or medicated if your periods aren't regular. However mine are regular and I will be put on a medicated cycle. I'm told that its one injection around day 21, you bleed and then tablets and pesseries for about 2 weeks until lining is thick enough and then transfer. Sounds simple but I've not done a frozen yet xx

Thanks Mrse! I'm pretty regular 23-25 days with the occasional 27 thrown in for good measure

Getting excited to start now, only 65 days till lap (not that I'm counting down or anything) which means I've got about 100 days to go for IVF!!

Hi ladies. Sorry be MIA. Just been feeling down with grief so had a little break x

Bugs- I am so sorry you lost your lil bean but i LOVE your pma! that will get you through this life and lead you to your baby one way or another. Thinking of you. A holiday sounds lovely. Just what you need x

MrsE- Personally i would try with the FET and then save for another cycle if need be as your frostie could be your baby all along ;-) i know what you mean though as i have very low amh myself and i do worry a lot about if there will be eggs there or not. I guess we have to have some faith x

Gemz- Hope hubby gets the job so he can be home to support you better. Must be awful being apart so much x

Jamie- Aww yeah i can image its a long wait until 1st scan after going through what we do, for that BFP. Soon be here x

Rachel- Welcome! and yes as Jamie said, its all pretty quick if virals are ok, they tell you to call on day 1 of next AF usually if they have availability ;) x

Harley- Glad your aunties funeral went well. They are not just a goodbye but also a celebration of the life the person led so i am glad it was a nice service. Glad your scan went well and yay for stimming! i loved stimming funnily enough. Felt like it was something i had some control over if you know what i mean x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Not much to report. Heard nothing regards appeal with pct and still £500 short for this next cycle which is a lot of money to us so trying to think of stuff to sell etc. Wish having a shot at getting pregnant was'nt so bloody expensive! this will be our last cycle for sure, unless we win money as our finances can't push to another go sadly. If it wasnt for my dad helping us out with the bulk of the cost we wouldn't even have this chance though so we are thankful for that xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->