IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been on for a few days!

Rachel- welcome to the thread, shouldn't be too long for your first appointment and then you will just be waiting to ring up on cycle day 1 all being well!

Bugs - thinking of you loads. I am so sorry about your OH's mum. I hope you are ok. You seem very strong and I'm sure you can get through it all.

Harley- yey to starting the Stim injections!!

Jamie lee- hope you are good and try not to be too nervous I'm sure you will see a lovely little heart beat when you go for that scan.

Gemz - urggh I hate smear tests, so far they are worse than anything else I have had done. Well maybe as bad as the hsg! I have a tilted cervix and they can never find it! Hope time is going quick for you.

AQ hope you are ok. AF just sucks and I really hope she will be taking a long holiday very soon! Hope the funeral goes as well as a funeral can and I hope you hear from the pct really soon!

Cvaeh - lots of love, luck and best wishes for Thursday and that phone call the next day.

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone has had a nice weekend.

AFM - did my very first injection ever today! A bit scary but it's done now! Did anyone else get a bit of a red bumpy rash after doing it?

Lovetoeatcake snap! Mines tilted and narrow - what a bitch!

Yey for starting thou! Didn't get a rash but did bruise after about a week, alternate places where to jab is the best thing to avoid em although it can't be helped

Lovetoeatcake - I got a little bruising. Good luck with it. Xx

AQ will be thinking of you today. I hope the funeral goes as well as it can do. Praying you also get an answer soon from the pct, you really so deserve some good luck :hugs:

Cveah good luck for egg collection, really hope this is your time x

Bugs :hugs: :hugs: So sorry to hear about your oh's mum, life can just be so cruel. x

Lovetoeatcake I also got a small bumpy rash, I rang them and they said it was nothing to worry about x

Jamie waiting for the scan feels like forever but it will soon come around. My best advice is to try and relax and take your mind off it, it's really hard tho! Have you got any symptoms? I didn't get any till about 7/8 weeks. When's your scan? x

Hi to everyone else, sorry I'm on my phone so can't remember all the posts xx

Bugs sorry to hear about your oh's mum x

AQ thinking of you today x

Lovetoeatcake, I got a small rash with most of my injections x

Susie my scan is on 13/3, it has seemed like ages until I did my PT, I have been feeling ok apart from the sore boobs and the feeling that I've stretched and pulled muscles in my belly and general area, but today I was sick, just the once mind and I have been feeling ok since x

Jamie I had the sore boobs, then nausea from about 7 weeks. It all sounds like good signs. Try and enjoy it, I spent too much time worrying and wish I had enjoyed it more. Your scan will be here before you know it xx

I know what you mean, worry when u have pains worry when you don't! Can't win!!

Hope everyone is ok x

Lovetoeatcake - Yey for starting injections, it feels good to be doing something constructive doesn't it? I think i'd built it up to something scary in my head, but it wasn't at all!

Africa - Hope today goes well :flower:

Cvaeh - Good luck for egg collection, that must be so exciting (and nerve wracking), hope you get lots of eggies

Gemz - I think smear tests hurt more than all the other tests and procedures i've had up to now (including the hcg!)

Jamie - Bet you're counting the days, your good news was so exciting to share on this thread, I think it brightened everyone's day :happydance:

Sorry if I missed anyone, i'm sneaking on here in work!

AFM I just had day 5 scan and I have 15 follicles on one side and 13-15 on the other, but all are below 10mm :dohh:, they took some blood and think I will have to up my dose of menopur to 225 (3 vials daily). Hope that the increased stimulation will work, I was quite disappointed as I thought I would be starting cetrotide in the morning, but will have to wait to see if my follies grow. Have another scan now booked for Wed (and one for Fri). They will be sick of seeing me and my bits!:dohh::blush:

*** TMI WARNING ***

Hi ladies,

Quick question for those who have gone through the treatment ...

I am now 6dpt 5dt (high quality blastocyst). Since the transfer I've had period type cramping, Saturday (4dpt) being the worst. Yesterday, when I went to the toilet I had brown/pink blood when I wiped, this happened a couple of times, but then nothing. I had no other symptoms, no tummy ache or back ache.

Today there was brown blood again (not very much - a tiny bit when wiping), but I've got back ache.

I'm due to test on Saturday but I'm so scared with this spotting :cry: - can any of you offer any advice please?

Shelly xxx

Harley thank you very much, hope your follies start growing and you get a good amount of eggs!! I got started of on 3 vials daily, I assumed that was the norm, x

Shelley, I don't have any experience with that what so ever but I know that when I started my ivf I trawled forums and sites and a lot of them had the same synptoms, the bleeding an be from the blasto implanting itself into your uterus! If its going from pink to brown I say it's old blood?
I had period type cramping and an back ache still am slightly but apparently that's normal too,
As I said I'm sorry I couldn't be a great help, hope everything is ok Fxd for you xx

It could go either way little angel, it could be implantation bleeding which is really common but it could also be your period breaking through. My previous fails I started to bleed really early and it would start as spotting and turn into AF not want you want to hear I know so fingers crossed it's that embie burrowing in causing it xxx

Angel as Bugs said its really difficult to know at this stage. On my cycle I had pink/red when I wiped 7dp3dt, then brown for 2 days after that. I didn't have cramps. I also had similar the week after my test.
It is really common to spot in early pregnancy but obviously you won't know for sure until you test. Everything crossed for you :hugs: xx

Thanks ladies - think that's the problem with the 2ww. It's all just a waiting game and trying not to read too much in to every little twinge and pain and sign ... but it's so difficult.

It's definietly brown blood though, not new blood so I'm seeing it that way at the moment.

This week is seriously going to drag!!

Thanks for getting back to me though.

Shelly xxx

Harley - yes I finally feel like I'm on my way, but also counting down the days for my baseline scan. We are waiting all the time aren't we? Scans, injections, egg collection, egg transfer, tww, first scan..birth!! I hope those follies get bigger, I'm pretty sure I will be on three vials when I start stimming.You are on the short protocol aren't you, so it may just take a bit longer to get them to the correct size.

Little angel I really hope that it is implantation that you are experiencing and you get your BFP! Try and keep yourself as busy as possible!

After hearing you two both say you started on 3 I'm guessing they put me on 2 as I have PCOS and am at greater risk of OHSS, so it makes sense they would put me on less to start.I guess it's easier to take it slow than have to abandon the cycle because of overstim!

Hi Harley, I was on two then upped to 5 as my body wasn't responding. Not got pcos but blocked tubes.

Little angel, I had the cramping along with a little blood (dark in colour), fx yours is implant bleeding, but like others said you just can't say for sure at this stage.

AQ hope everything went well today at the funeral x

Hope everyone is doing well today. I've had a nightmare of a day in work - mega busy, add in I'm bleeding! I'm on cd15 so I think it must be because of smear, got all the tell tale signs of AF thou so not amused :(

Sorry for lack of personals, but and I know I'm going ott but I really feel like I'm dying x x x

Actually just checked and I'm on 4 vials which is 300IU. Is that high then?
Gemz - hope its bit AF, as you say perhaps it's just from the smear. I hate Mondays!

Lovetoeatcake- Glad you have started your injections. It all goes quickly to EC now! x

Harley- That's a great amount of follicles :) so you were only on 2 amps?! usually they start you on 3. I am on 6 amps due to my low AMH level an the mixing takes ages! lol. Im sure the increased dose will help them grow x

Shelley- I know this sounds straight to the point, but the bleed could be down to either implantation, pre af spotting or hormonal so until OTD you just wont know. I know its torture but not long now. I found the 2nd part of the 2ww awful too. Good luck x

Gemz- Hope you feel better soon x

Hi to Bear, Lindy, MrsE, Sharkey, Cvaeh, Bugs, Susie, Lisa, Jamie and all the gang x

AFM- The funeral service was beautiful but heartbreaking. Seeing Kelley's dad carry help carry the coffin and her mother in bits was just awful. Still hard to believe tbh. I just about made it through the service as i was bleeding so heavy i nearly fainted, so never made it to the wake. Came straight home to bed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->