IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi everyone,

welcome Rachel, that's so exciting that you're getting the process started, youll son be on your way! as the other ladies have said this is a grest thread, and any questions you have just fire away! (I'm not much use I'm afraid as I've not been on the 'rollercoaster' yet :haha:)

aq hope you get good news regarding your appeal, it must be so much extra stress to be worrying about finances, as if this wasn't stressful enough! I don't know what we would do if our 2 cycles didn't work :s but that's way in the future and got to think positive!!

bugs, I agre with aq, really admire your PMA. Enjoy your holiday, sounds like it will be a much needed break :hugs:

harley, hope this cycle goes well for you, fingers crossed for that bfp :flower:

To everyone else I know I've missed, good luck for cycles and hoping you're all ok.

xx

:hugs: AQ. Really hope this cycle works. How's the job hunting going? Xx

Hi everyone

I have been for my day eight scan today. All looks good but always does at this point. I had fifteen measurable follicles but some of them are small so doubt they will make it. I have another scan tomorrow and then egg collection Monday or Tuesday. So scared that its going to be the same all over again! I am also frustrated as we wanted to use embryoscope but its out of action next week for cleaning. They have also said that they will be able to offer assisted activation but its probably too late for this cycle. I am emotionally drained today so hopefully it will look better in the morning. I am pleased i have responded again so hope there are eggs in there too.

Africa - When are you supposed to get your answer about funding? Fingers crossed x x

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for lack of personals but just so tired x x x x

Bear- Thanks. I think its so cruel the pct refused us and are putting us through this added stress and upset but life is not fair. If this next cycle works its money well spent so i am trying to be positive :) Hopefully this cycle or your next will work and you wont have the stress of finding £5000 x

Lindy- Thanks hun. How is Thomas doing? I have scaled down the job hunt as realistically i cant start a new job in the next few wks and then expect all the time off for scans, EC, ET etc. I will see how this next cycle goes and then start looking again x

Cvaeh- When it gets to this level(we lost appeal, re-appealed, lost that and then got MP involved) there are no time frames as it goes higher up for the decision to be made so its a waiting game. It is cruel the way they are treating us really. Anyway, i wish you every luck this wk! you deserve some luck with this! hope you get at least 1 healthy embie to transfer if not a few! x

AFM- Well ladies, we have the private appt with Mr K booked for 18th so praying we get a positive response from the pct in the meantime. Its just a waiting game now. Either way we start end of this month all being well so not long! xxx

Cvaeh so pleased everything's going well so far. Keep positive sweetie, I'm keeping everything crossed and praying for you.

AQ glad your gearing up to the roller coaster again. I'm sorry the pct is dragging its heals, have you spoken to your mp again? Might be worth a shot to see if he/she can give them a kick up the arse!

Sorry for lack of personals, I've been attempting to tidy house today (what a lovely way to spend a day off) and am shattered, will catch up properly tomorrow

Big hugs to all the gang x x x

Hiya Gemz. Yeah i called my MP's office on Tuesday and was told that her chief adviser would look into it and if any news email me by today an that's not happened so none the wiser. I did call the pct last wk and my contact there advised when it goes this high up, there is not set time they have to respond ;( dont know what to do. It could drag on for mths and all the while my eggs are declining... if we start before the result we lose out as once we have had 3 cycles, nhs or private, they wont consider funding us, so i feel stuck on options.... any ideas?? xxx

AQ I wish I had a magic wand for you, but I haven't!:( part of me would be tempted to hold out a bit longer if you could stand to, whilst the other part of me would be gearing up to start again. It's a horrible decision to make, but I think it's only one that you and hubby could decide.

Short of phoning the pct everyday, and hounding your mp I don't think there's anything more you could do. I suppose you could try dirty tactics (I'm a big lover of creating mischief so if you do get desperate why not see if a local paper would consider running your story?) I know it means your private life then becomes slightly public, but it could add extra pressure on them? Thinking out loud maybe...

I think if it was me, I'd try and wait just in case. Like you said you haven't got the money, but imagine if you started then the pct come back to you with a positive answer only its too late?

Hope everyone else is enjoying what has turned out to be a rather sunny day! As for me I'm on countdown mode, 30 days till I see dr Kingsland, and 59 till the laparoscopy

Hi girls hope everyone is as well
I have a quick question we have our PIE on Tuesday and my next period is due Saturday will that be too soon for us to start anything ?

Hi everyone hope your ok, just popped on quickly as I'm still on a google ban

AQ really hope you hear some news soon x

LMH I. Think that is too soon Hun, I'm such a forgetful sod but I'm pretty sure after the pie you get all your forms to fill in etc, then you have a joint consultation ours was 4 weeks later... At the joint consultation they will check all paperwork and if not already been done get your bloods, then if all results are fine you call on the first day of your period,
It seems like such a long wait but I promise it's not so bad x

Lmh that's too soon. You'll need to see the nurse first, and if you haven't already have your bloods taken to be tested for HIV and rubella (standard practise so don't take offence!) you can expect them taken about a week after PIE, then you've got your joint consultation with the nurse then they'll offer you a start date. Your probably looking at your next cycle or the one after that! Your getting really close now!

Jamie how you feeling? X x x

Feeling ok thanks gemz, just a bit tired and achey, still very nervous x

Hi all

Just a quick update. Had another scan today. i had ten follicles between thirteen and nineteen in am in for egg collection on Tuesday. Trigger shot at ten tomorrow! Absolutely petrified for fertilization report!!!!!

Hope everyone is okay and having a nice weekend x x x x

Hi everyone,

Cvaeh good luck for your collection hope everything goes ok I'm sure you'll be fine.

AQ I hope you hear from your appeal soon. Can't believe you'll be starting soon you've waited so long.

Hope everyone else is well.

AFM nothing has happened naturally as yet so will probably have to go down the medicated route. Also sadly we lost my OH's mum on Friday it was very quick and she didn't suffer but OH is heartbroken. It doesn't rain it pours eh xxxxx

Cvaeh- good luck for trigger shot an enjoy your needle free day tomorrow. I have everything crossed for you for EC and your fert report x

Bugs- Ah Bugs im sorry your suffering like this and hope they medicated route is as painless as possible for you. So sorry to hear about your MIL :( thinking of you and OH x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- AF has arrived in full horrid force so lying in bed dosed up on painkillers and resting as much as possible so i am well enough for my friend's funeral tomorrow. Can't believe that next time AF shows we will be starting our cycle an hopefully seeing the back of that witch for 9mths please god xxx

AQ- hugs for tomorrow. Your cycle is so close now, keep focused on yourself. Be selfish this month and through your cycle. Xx

Cvah- good luck for ec

Bugs- sending you love

Hugs to all. Xxxx

Thanks Lindy. Yes i am going to put my grief on hold in order to give this cycle the best possible chance xxx

Big hugs AQ. Here if you need me.
We still need to arrange to meet up one day for coffee!

Cvaeh good luck for ec and fx you get a fab fertilisation report. Keeping everything crossed.

Bugs sorry your still having a tough time, hopefully it will ease soon and you'll be able to start again when your ready

Jamie, natural to be nervous, I'm sure everything will be fine x x x

AQ! Boo for period, but yey for hopefully your last one! I hope everything goes ok tomorrow too, big hugs x x

Afm well I had my smear today, had a letter at Christmas and been meaning to do it. Was awful :( and blooming painful. Woman was bloody patronising too. She said I MIT need to have it done again as there was quite a it of discharge (TMI Sorry!) I swear if that's the case they can do it when I have my lap - not having that pain again

Hi to the rest of the gang, and hope you've enjoyed a rather sunny day x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->