IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks girls, getting nervous! Has anyone had a bowel prep before? How have you stomached the drink you have to have!?!? It's awful! :(

Hi everyone we have our consultation 23rd may so hopefully start cycle end of may June can anyone advise me how much the drugs you have to have cost?

Lmh are your NHS or private cant remember. If your NHS its 4 prescriptions which are about 7.50 each unless the government has upped it again! If your private costs range up to 2000! Gem x

Likkle - never had a bowel prep before but i hope today goes well for you. It will be over and done with in no time. xx

Hi.
My dh and i have our consultation app on 30th may. Annoyed that its another month but excited.

My story is very long (8 years worth) so i will cut it.
Husband diagnosed with Klienfelters 3 years ago. He had ssr to retrieve sperm last Nov and found some! so now just waiting for consultation app.
Things have took forever! We were originally with manchester but they were so useless we went over to liverpool.
Getting nervous! Think im stressed bout it all coz im 20 days overdue! No im not pregnant as klienfelters means no sperm.

Any advise how to get my body ready for this? As need to be calm but im a worrier! :shrug:

Hi girls

Having to stay overnight, I think everything went to plan as the doctor came round whilst I was still out of it so said he'd go through it with me in the morning!

I'm feeling like hell from the ga thou!

This will make you all laugh though, I work with my mum so have her a call to ledger know I was out of surgery. I said to her you might as well put me thru to my boss which she did. I then proceeded to tell him I loved him and I was ok and not to worry as ill become tomorrow! Also called him my husbands name several times! Fortunately he realised I wasin mad mode and asked if I'd just come round from op. then realised who I was talking to! Lol! My boss was really sweet thousand told me to fuck off in the nicest way and if my work laptop logs onto our net work in the next 2 week hell come over to mine and take it away!

Will update all in morning when I can see my screen properly

Night all, from a rather groggy gem x x

Ahhhh gem hope your feeling better tomorrow, and that sounds pretty funny about the I love you phone calls to your boss :)
Feel better soon xx

Clarke- Welcome and good luck! iv done 3 cycles of IVF and there is no way of staying calm during the process as soooo many stressful hurdles to overcome each step of the way. Best advice i can offer is, take as much support from this forum as you can as the girls here have been a lifeline and also to take each day as it comes. IVF is soooo unpredictable x

Gemz- Aww bless you hun! glad your ok. You will soon be back on your feet. Get a good night's sleep x

Jamie- Wow in 2nd tri already! time goes sooo fast! x

Hi Clarkea- you will get lots of advice on here and support! I prepared by ditching caffeine (including chocolate - killer) and alcohol (pretty much!) I also increased the amount of protein I ate, ate healthy and took pregnacare , omega 3 fish oils and iron (I'm veggie so was advised to take these). For my 2nd cycle (which I didn't end up needing) I did acupuncture. Not sure if it helped but I did get BFP so who knows!!! My dh took effervescent vit c and bit D. Personally I think you have to be as healthy as you can be physically and as emotionally relaxed and strong as possible. Easier said than done though because as AQ said it is a rollercoaster. Just deal with each step as it comes or it can overwhelm. Good luck :)

AQ- hugs.

Gem- loving the phone call!! Hope you are better soon. X

Gemz you are a legend with that phonecall :haha: Hope you are feeling better this morning x

AQ how are you feeling?? Only one more sleep. Excited and nervous for you! I remember the feeling all too well xxx

Clarkea hi :flower: I think the others have pretty much summed things up. I also tried to eat healthy and exercise. Nothing really prepares you though for the emotional side of things. Good luck xx

Good morning all! It's such a beautiful sunny day today! I'm surprised anyone can read my post from yesterday I was well out of it, and I've seen to have made words up and random sentences!

Well my laparoscopy went really well. Dr's just been to see me and tell me the news. I've still got both tubes intact, and I've still got my ovaries. What I've learnt is that the HSG has given me a false result. Yes there was delayed spillage on my lap yesterday, but not to the degree that the HSG showed. What this means is I've gone through a rather emotional rollercoster and there was nothing really wrong!!!

Dr Drakeley said he sees no reason why I couldn't fall pregnant naturally within the next few months, and to get lots of ovulation kits. If after several months were still struggling then use our frozen embryo as we now have unexplained infertility.

I'm in total shock! Can't even tell hubby as he's in school and can't answer his phone (and typical today he's got a full day!

AQ how you doing? Jamie 2nd trimester that's flown! Melbram you'll be nearly starting soon! Ad susie haha I know I'm so getting the mick taken out of me!

Hi Likkle - Thats great news! How wonderfuly would it be if you concieved naturally. I have my fingers crossed for you.

AQ- Hope you are ok. Still wondering if you are going to test early or not?

Gemz that's fab news!!! :happydance: When I was ttc naturally I got a load of cheap ovulation kits from amazon, they gave the same results as the expensive digital one so worth a try! Xx

Lille- brill news!!! I got a digital ovulation kit but would often miss my morning pee (too desperate to go the toilet and struggled to unwrap the stuck in time :D) missing one messes the month up my GP said so I'd go for the ones susie sue suggested. Xx

Hi ladies.

Well OTD is tomorrow and i am TERRIFIED! I woke up yesterday morning and just felt it was all over... no feeling this has worked at all. I am dreading testing tomorrow and although iv wished the past 2wks away i am not wishing i had just started the 2ww to enjoy the feeling of 'possibly being pregnant' a little longer xxx

AQ thinking of you and praying with all my heart that you get your bfp tomorrow, you sooo deserve this to have a happy ending xxxxx

I second what susie said, have everything crossed for you AQ x

Gems: Great news all well with the lap and FX for a a natural BFP!

AQ: GL for tomorrow - everything crossed - 3rd time lucky it just has to be x

Hi to the rest of the gang

With FET unlikley to be until July/August taking a bit of a step back from everything but still trying to pop on to keep up to date with everyone x

Gemz greats news on the natural possibility!

AQ - got everything crossed for you xxx

Afm - going for an injection on 17th may then will get my AF have a scan and then start 3 weeks of pesseries, tablets and scans! So we're off shortly x

AQ have lit my candle and said a prayer for you in church, keeping everything crossed for you. Keep positive hun, not long to go now x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->