IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

hi KateAnn

I'm trying not to symptom spot to be honest as I know it does no good! I have lots of symptoms of the progesterone that are probably masking everything else - sore, hard boobs, sore back, watery cm (that is because i'm using the Crinone gel and it gets congealed up there so to speak, so your natural cm goes watery to get around it, lovely and probably TMI......!). Headaches but that's from the steroids I'm on. Bloated but again that's the steroids and the fact that i'm eating like a horse and have put on a bit of weight, again steroids. Lots of twinges and cramps in the abdomen area and a burning sensation in my uterus which I get about a week before AF every month. So basically, I am not remotely hopeful. I'm going to hold out until OTD though because testing earlier will not give me a conclusive answer and can only, in my experience, bring PAIN. At least this way I stay deluded, til either Sunday or AF shows her face, that there is a little ray of hope somewhere.

Actually, thinking about it, the month I fell pregnant with my son (which was month 7 of TTC) was the month when I was absolutely convinced I wasn't pregnant. The previous 6 months I had convinced myself I was and then was disappointed.

In SHORT - WhoTF knows?! haha

Jx

Hi. Im 6dp3dt and a couple of af cramps today that only lasted about 2 mins.
Should we b feeling anything yet? Wat days are u on?

I know what you mean J, who knows what's going on in there!! I don't think I can hold out until next wednesday!! I might do a sneaky one over the weekend if AF stays away.

Hey clarkea, I am 3dp5dt. I have no idea what we should be feeling. When I got pregnant naturally, I got a surprise bfp about 18dpo, I had been spotting for about 4 days beforehand then no period came. I was also extremely tired! It's too early I would think for those symptoms!
Good luck both of you xxx

i'm 6dp5dt. I don't think we would be feeling any real pregnancy symptoms at this stage to be honest. If the embryos have implanted, they are only just (at my stage, so effectively 11dpo) starting to release enough quantities of HCG to be detectable on a very sensitive pregnancy test so they are at such low levels that they wouldn't cause any symptoms. The uterus wouldn't really be doing much stretching to accommodate the embryo at this stage even if it has implanted as it is tiny, so again twinges are likely to be hormone related; progesterone softens the ligaments. The progesterone is likely causing everything/anything we are feeling so we should just try to ignore our 'symptoms' in my view, they are symptoms of taking progesterone and not of pregnancy (although we might be pregnant as well!)

Thanks captain. U have made me feel a bit better. Gud luck to u all x

I'm praying for you dudes.. I remember this bit and I dread it again as it's so hard... I'm not particularly religious but I believe in a bigger and better something so praying to that bigger and better for you all!! Xx

Hope you're both feeling ok Captain and Kateann... I agree with Victoria - it is such a difficult time, but we're all here for you, so good luck and be positive.
I didn't have any symptoms and still don't now - apart from AF pains all the way through - so don't give up! XXX
Good luck Clarkea - glad you finally got round to getting your chance and you're feeling well especially after OHSS xxx

Hi to all the other girlies on here! x

Congratulation janey.
Thanks for that. My af pains have been constant today really n im so bloated. X

I have everything crossed for all of you ladies, such a nervous but exciting time. Really really hope you all get a :bfp: very soon :dust: :flower:
xx

No news from me, still holding out for testing. Ongoing burning sensation in uterus which makes me think AF is on her way. Got a letter from the hewitt centre today saying none of our three remaining embryos were suitable for freezing so we have no frosties from this cycle, disappointing as we got 5 last time but I guess no point freezing them if they are not good enough quality... X

No news from me either. Still crampy. We also got our letter from hewitt centre today saying we had no embryos suitable for freezing- we knew that anyway as embryologist told us at transfer. It is disappointing. Captain are you nhs or private? This is our 1st out of the 2 on nhs. We never even considered not having any to freeze, especially at collection when they got 18 eggs. Just goes to show how complicated conception is. Only 2 out of our 10 made it to blast. Crazy.
Love to all xx

i am private - as I already have DS (who I am grateful for every minute of every day) i'm not eligible for nhs funding.

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well, keeping fingers crossed for you all to get a bfp!

Kateann is way too early! Step away from the tests for at least another week, :) don't worry and don't dwell on this!

At hospital tomorrow, feeling nervous!

Is it too early? I hope to god it is!!!
You will be fine at the hospital gem but good luck anyway!
Xx

Why gem?
Kate ann it is too early but in my experience a few more days shoild give you a better idea.. I read 7/8dp is about right but don't quote me xx

Kateann, way too early! :)

Victoria, I'm seeing consultant as my BP has been far too high the past three weeks - lowest reading was 131/92 which puts me at high risk for preeclampsia. I know I'm in the best hands but worry all the same! Didn't want to talk an out it toom UVB on here, as I don't want to upset anyone

How you doing

I agree KateAnn, you are basically 10dpo. I got a bfn at 10dpo when I was pregnant with my son. One BFP and a few BFNs at 11dpo, on different tests. Only clear and consistent BFPs from 12dpo.

I am still holding off. DH and I are going to london for an overnight break on Saturday so I might test Saturday morning so I know whether I can have a glass or two or ten of wine. Hopefully I can't, but I'm still not hopeful. I will be 10dp5dt then, so basically 15dpo, so should be a definitive result and only one day before OTD. That's assuming AF doesn't show up tomorrow of course.

X

Gem.. In my opinion I only ever get uoset by thoughtless people and you are so far removed from that. I am sure we all want to know how you are getting along and want to support you, like I know,you did me.

Captain. Have a great weekend. Absolutely everything is crossed xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->