IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I think the bmi range is 19-30? So as long as your inbetween there you should be fine x

How was your follow up appointment Tina? Xx

Hello Girls,

Thanks for the getting back to me on the info :)
as for taking the NHS road it can take weeks for me just to get blood work looked at- we cud be seen as soon as 2 weeks with a appointment if we go privately - we both think its time to move on and look at IVF as time is on are hands lol - not like we cant pay for it - we have the pennys there and it what we both wud like to do move on

Best of luck all xxx

Sorry to randomly post, I'm an oldie from this thread but like to pop in every now and again. Traceyandlee I would strongly advice that you fully exhaust your NHS funding before paying for private treatment. The first few cycles if needed are very much a fact finding exercise so if they don't work and you then have to pay you can use what you've learnt and move forward with private treatment. Once you pay for private treatment you lose your entitlement to funded treatment and if like me it takes a long time (9 full cycles) at least you've had some free treatment.

Not to scare you as I was a very complicated case and I now have my baby boy but just want you to look at the bigger picture before you make a decision xxxx

Also with regards to completing transfers without ultrasound, it is just something the women's don't do but TBH I don't think it has an affect. I had an ectopic with my 1st IVF at the women's and I know a few others who have had babies. I have had treatment at 2 other clinics and they have both used an ultrasound and I must admit it does give you peace of mind xxxx

Every time I find 5 quiet minutes to update I get dragged to do something else, so I have been meaning to post for about a week but it's just been manic both in work and out of work.

My appointment went good. The consultant answered all of the questions we wanted answering and is STILL positive that it'll work for us in the next couple of rounds. A quick breakdown of what he said was:
He can't give an answer as to why the IVF didn't work this time, it could be a multiple of things so he has just put it down to IVF usually working 1 out of 3 times so this just wasn't meant to be our time.
I questioned about my stims being lowered because he was so sure that I'd have a great reaction yet we only got 8 eggs. He said that a first IVF cycle is a blank canvas, he has nothing to work with and can only go off what he thinks is best for us. He now knows that lowering the stims was the wrong decision because my follicles didn't grow as well as expected so if we were to do another fresh cycle then the meds would be increased.
I asked what the quality of my eggs and Mark's spermies were like. He said Mark's sperm were great quality and my eggs were also good. That's reassuring!
My main concern was the transfer process and how I thought it was disgusting that I was asked to go in with a full bladder even though they were aware that my uterus is tilted. He agreed and said that there were some notes made on how the transfer process was more difficult than normal. I asked if this would've had an effect on the embryo and he said yes it could have. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, he was basically admitting that because of their stupid mistake that that could've been the reason that this cycle failed!! I was so angry and told him that there was no way we would be transferring another without number 1, ultrasound guidance and number 2, a mock transfer before the real thing. He said that as long as there is a member of staff free at the time of transfer then it shouldn't be a problem to use ultrasound.

We've made the decision to wait until after our Christmas holiday to transfer our last remaining embryo and plan to transfer in January. I have all the forms so it's just a matter of calling them when my period arrives and they will arrange to have the embryo thawed.

Bugs thank you for your post, can I ask... what was the problem that caused the lengthy amount of time that you were going through IVF? Wonderful news to hear that there was a happy ending!

xxx

Hi ladies

I'm popping on from time to time to see how everyone's journey is going. Es89 I had a lap and dye and then fell pregnant naturally aftermath failed IVF and previous miscarriages. It can and does happen. You have answers now so that's the most important thing and your body can heal ready for your next attempt.

The women's don't do ultrasound guidance for transfer. They did a clinical trial just before I had our first IVF fail and found that it made no difference to outcomes so they don't do it. They use the touch feel process and given the experience of a number of doctors and nurses there, the success rate is good compared to clinics that do use ultrasound guidance. If it helps this current pregnancy was done without ultrasound guidance and it's been successful.

Lots of love xxxx

Pretty convinced it's not going to happen naturally for us, from what the doctor said there's a high chance my tubes are blocked but hopefully now we know I've got endo they can do something to help unblock them xxx

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is doing ok?

I've had a terrible 24 hours. Yesterday I had a blinding pain in my lower abdomen it was so painful I was doubled over and couldn't move, I felt sick, was white as a sheet, dizzy, hot and in a lot of pain. Work nearly ended up ringing an ambulance but luckily it started to subside after about an hour. I did feel a bit better last night but this morning I started bleeding so was a bit worried. Rang LWH and was told to take another test as I had symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy but it came back negative. The nurse said to go straight a&e if it happens again I'm just waiting for her to ring me back, maybe it's just my af turning up early?? At least my follow up is next week!

Tina I'm glad you've had some questions answered and are aiming for a January transfer. My follow up is next Thursday so will see what they say xx

God vicky, that sounds awful! I hope it is just your AF making an early appearance and nothing too serious. Do you have any questions for your follow up?

likklegems, I asked whether I can have ultrasound guidance for my FET and he agreed that as long as there is someone around to do the scan then that wouldn't be a problem. I know that there's been an investigation carried out and that they say it doesn't make a difference but it would make a difference to me. It would put my mind at rest so I'm going to push for it.

ES, sorry to hear that your doctor thinks your tubes may be blocked up. Good thing like you said that you know there is a problem so now it's all about going out to rectify it! You'll get there in the end my dear, I'm sure of it!

CD20 for me today, AF should be here in a weeks time. We haven't been careful and agreed that if it happens naturally between now and Christmas then it'd be amazing though the likelihood is that it won't!

xx

Hi Tina
Af showed up for about 1 and a half days and then disappeared?? No idea whats going on I think all the meds must have really messed things up for me. Feeling rather fed up tbh. I don't even know what to ask on Thursday really, was just going to see what they say. There's no guarantee with IVF so I'm not expecting answers as such but we'll see.

Are we supposed 'to be careful' after failed IVF? No one mentioned anything to me so we've been carrying as usual lol. When we saw the consultant earlier this year he told us conceiving on our own would be nothing short of a miracle so it wont be happening for us naturally anyway. I hope you're feeling a bit better now?

Hope the rest of you ladies are ok xx

Vicky, that's a weird one with your disappearing period! The only thing I can assume if you've had negative pregnancy tests is like you said, your hormones are up the wall!I think mine are too if I'm honest. I normally get sore boobs after ovulation and I haven't had them so I'm expecting my period to be an odd one too.

Nobody said anything to me about using protection after a failed cycle so we too have been carrying on as normal. Odds are it won't happen anyway!

I had a good research online for questions to ask after a failed cycle and I found that it really helped. The consultant was more than happy to answer any questions that I had and it gave answers to a lot of my worries.

xxx

Sorry for the bfns girls but never give up. After an awful few months me and my husband have decided to have a go with one of our frozen embryos and just wondered if anyone knows what to expect? We're booked in for a consultation on the 6th November and hopefully going to start in January.

Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

Hi rachel! Can't give you any advice on a frozen transfer but wanted to wish you luck on your consultation. We too should be transferring in January :)

The consultant we are with did tell us some info on frozen transfers. He said we could go with a medicated cycle or non medicated cycle where you check for ovulation by yourself using OPKs and then when you get a positive you would go in for transfer. I think that is the option we are going to go for

xx

Hey ladies,
So so so sorry for all the crap BFN! HATE those 3 letters. Hope ur All ok??

Rachel I had a Fet. I chose to go down the medicated route as my periods are V light normally and I wanted to make sure my lining was at its best for transfer! Any questions feel free to ask! 😊

Xx

Thanks girls. I too have light periods so medicated might be the best option for us too. What's does the medicated route consist of? Do you have more scans etc xx

Thanks nic :) I'm fine, I've come to accept now that it wasn't our time and the first cycle was a practice run. I'm all geared up for our FET in January!

Vicky, sending you good luck for your consultation let us know how you get on

CD28 for me today, I am hoping that my period holds off until Sunday. We are going on a weekend away this weekend and it'd be nice if we can have some "adult time" because it's not often that we get a whole weekend alone together but knowing my luck the witch will show her face!

xx

Omg that's the worse isn't it Tina! Always happens to me too! Everytime we go away Bam!! Witch!
Glad your feeling alot more positive now, I blame hormones for my "down" phases.
GL Vicky, hope your appointment goes well 😊
Rach, I'm not sure what goes into a medicated Fet cycle but I think depending on how many frosties I had, i'd try unmedicated first then medicated if no success.
Not really much to tell with me, attempted to go back to work last Monday but that was a mistake! No where near ready, I was scared to do anything, emotions were everywhere n I physically drained by the time I got home! I went back to work for a half day on Tuesday this week n full day yesterday. Feeling alot better now. I'm on a day off today but I've got the usual domestic stuff to do plus a bit of wallpaper stripping. Looks like we are all waiting for January!

Hi ladies
How is everyone?
Today went ok, they couldn't tell me much other than the cycle all went fine from start to finish and once the embryo is transferred it's out of everyone's hands. We can start after my November af so were going to go for it. Were doing it un-medicated so no drugs just have to track ovulation using the sticks and then go back in for ET.
Hope you're feeling better now ES?
Glad you're feeling better Tina!

xx

Oh wow Vicky! So soon 😊😊 so once you get a positive u go in for transfer??
Yer I'm feeling ok now thank you, keeping myself busy! X

I have to ring up on cycle day 1 in November, I think I have to use clearblue ovulation sticks and once I get a surge call up so they can thaw a Frostie.

Glad your feeling better, just takes time xx

Ah ok, do they give u something to stop u producing an egg? Or does it not really matter if you do?
It does, stupid to think I thought I could go back after a week originally!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"