IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

No no meds involved so must still ovulate normally but then pop the embryo back in at around the same time. Will find out on cd1 next cycle.
You weren't to know how you we're going to be and feel.

Hope your ok Tina xx

Vicky, great news from your appointment! Gosh November is just around the corner!! Do you have an idea of what date it will be? I think we will try unmedicated too when we get around to our FET
ES, I second what Vicky said. You weren't to know how you were going to be feeling and it is only natural to want some time out to get your head together.

My AF showed yesterday morning, thankfully it didn't ruin our whole weekend! So cycle 1 of trying naturally resulted in a big fat NO NO! Not that I was expecting anything different anyway haha. Ah well 2 more to go and then FET!

xxx

I was shocked as to how much it affected my hormones! I was all over the place!
I've started taking an iron supplement to give me a boost. Concerned I was run down, seem to be back to myself now. Got a lot going on at work so plenty keeping me busy!
Think unmedicated sounds like a good idea. Atleast if it doesn't work then hopefully medicated will give u both a boost. Xx

Yeh November is literally round the corner! I think we'll be looking at transfer around 14th December depending if af is on time and when I ovulate but means I'll find out 23/24 Dec yikes!! I think it will suit me better because if its a bfn at least I'll have xmas to take my mind off it all and time off work too to recover/rest. I'm not getting my hopes up though especially after last time so I feel much more relaxed this time. If anything its taught me not get ahead of myself or get attached or excited.

Tina I haven't even thought about 'trying' I think I gave up a long time ago as I just expect af now and the thought of maybe being pregnant doesn't even enter my mind. Think I've just automatically shut down those thoughts/feeling now ha I'm immune.

Glad your feeling better ES, are you back at work now? When is your follow up, January? xx

Can totally relate to those feelings too Vicky, I've totally convinced myself it will never happen naturally for me n my bf. cycles r alot less stressful that way 😂
Yer feeling loads better, back working full time now. Yer January 14th. Sounds so far away but I'm sure it will fly by!
Aw imagine finding out u were pregnant just before Xmas, would be a little miracle! 😊 best Xmas present ever xxx

ahhh Vicky I hope it happens for you this time! A little christmas miracle :) :) that'd be amazing!!

Did the consultant say what grade your embryos are that are frozen? Our only one is a C-D grade embryo so not looking good but we can hope! Stranger things have happened I am sure.

I feel the same about it never happening. It's been 2 years and 4 months for us now since we started TTC naturally and I have come to realise that our only hope would be a successful IVF cycle.

xx

Yeh it would be a Christmas miracle if it did ha! At least if it didn't work I'd have time off work and things to keep my mind off it ready for going back to work fresh in Jan.

I did ask about the embryo grading but she said they were all top quality as LWH are very particular in which make it to the freezer. Like she said though once its been put back it's out of everyone's hands.

I'm not getting excited this time though xx

I suppose if an embryo is good enough to freeze then it's good enough to implant. They did mention that they are very picky about what to freeze and the majority of women end up with no embys to freeze so I feel lucky to have 1!

Wish we were doing our FET sooner now, I know January is only around the corner but I'm eager to just get going on it.

Is there anything that you will change personally on this next cycle vicky? I was so stressed out after transfer last time and spent the 2WW being an anxious wreck so I will definitely chill our more next time because I know what to expect. I'm going to try the pineapple too and high protein.

xx

Exactly Tina the nurse said they are very picky about which ones make it so yep you've done well having a frostie. I really hope one of ours works!!

Can you not start sooner or did they say Jan was the earliest? I know I want to get going as well tbh but not looking forward to the 2ww again.

Defo more relaxed this time round. I've come to accept its not guaranteed and its not going to be as straight forward as first thought. We have another 2 rounds of IVF luckily and 3 frosties so I'm hoping we get at least one bfp. I'm not sure I would change much they do say to go about your daily business as usual. I tried pineapple last time and it clearly didn't work so I'm just going to carry on as usual and not get too hung up on anything I think xx

Vlw we had an Unmedicated cycle in March and it was really stress free! It's literally like you said just pee on stick track ovulation and then phone in when you get a positive and your given a day a few days later for transfer. In our case it work and were due in less than 3 weeks!

Likklegemz that's amazing?! Did you feel a lot more relaxed then that time around? I think I will be so much more chilled and prepared for either outcome. I must admit after you saying that I've become very excited now though!

3 weeks to go till your angel arrives? How exiting xx

Yeah I know. I was a wreck when we did the first IVF cycle and even worse when it didn't work. At first when we were told it was going to be without meds I freaked out a little, but I did a lot of reading and if you ovulate naturally, because the embryo is being placed back into the womb there's really good positive outcomes. Not to say Unmedicated ones don't work.

With it having any needles or pessaries I was quite relaxed and chilled out - who knows if that helped?! It did work for us though so there's no reason why it won't work for you!

Yeah less than 3 weeks, getting inpatient now - particularly as the hypermesis hasn't let up :(

Yeh I think the nurse said to me that if I ovulate then the chances are no different if we did a medicated cycle or an unmedicated one so I opted for unmed. I'd rather try natural first wasn't a fan of all the meds and those bludy pesseries ha and like you will feel more relaxed.

Aww do you know what your having? How have you been through your pregnancy? Worried sick since finding out or have you been relaxed? I think I'd be worried non stop after all we've been through. wow so have you been suffering from severe sickness then throughout? Poor you that must be awful xx

Morning girls! Hope everyone had a great halloween weekend :) :)

I'm exhausted, my weekend was spent enjoying every minute of it with Evie and making sure she had a memorable one though it has taken its toll on my body because now I am knackered!!

Vicky, I could start earlier but we are going away for Christmas and New Years and we fly out on Christmas Eve so I wouldn't want to put myself through another cycle to get a BFN and then it ruins my Christmas. So we've made the decision to start again in January.

Likklegemz, eeeek how exciting that your baby will be arriving soon!! Have you chosen a name? Sending you tonnes of good luck

xxx

Hi girls,

Yes we found out this time round that we are having another girl! I was both chuffed and a bit upset as one of each would have been amazing, but now I just can't imagine having a boy. My husband also said the same thing, although he's made up he'll get to chase boys away when they're older! Hehe!

I've had an awful pregnancy, not at all like first time round. I've had hypermesis since I was 8 weeks and been in constant agony with it to the degree I burst a blood vessel in my eye constantly throwing up. I'm still on tablets for it. :( I've developed pelvic girdle pain too the last 6/8 weeks so constantly in agony but I know with less than 3 weeks to go it's going to go and it'll be fine.

Just can't believe how lucky we are! It's mad as I was so worried with my daughter and I really want to enjoy this pregnancy but it's been really hard. Oddly considering everything I've not been too worried, although that's changing now.

Wishing you all well and lots of baby dust!

I too feel like I am not destined to have boys! I have 2 sisters and Mark is an only child but on both sides of the families it is full of girls. I couldn't see myself with a boy as weird as that sounds. I imagine just having girls, which I would be totally happy with. I don't care what sex it would be, I just want a baby.

I'm feeling really broody today. A girl who I know through mutual friends got married a couple of months ago so of course I was expecting that a baby would be next and it happened yesterday... by facebook announcement. Even after 2 and a half years it still really hurts to see everyone getting pregnant so easily.

xx

I always wanted a girl but now I wouldn't mind and be happy either way!
Yer I totally agree, those pregnancy announcements on Facebook always get to me too! Our time will come! Xx

that it will my dear! Our journey is just taking a little longer that's all :)

ES how are you? When are you looking to start your IVF cycle... did you say January?
xx

Yer when I started this journey Id plan to have 2 by now but these things happen for a reason!
No idea if I'm honest Tina, January is my follow up appointment with the surgeon in the endometriosis clinic in womens. I'm not sure what they plan to do next, guessing that's what we will be discussing? X

ahh it'd be nice if you did start in January then we could go through the 2WW together!

I also envisioned having 2 or 3 by now. I always wanted a big family and can't imagine only having 1 child. I always had a big family growing up and I'd love it if Evie could have that too.

Is anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"