IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Tina I'm so sorry I hope the Hewitt can give you some answers. You have got some Frosties and your little miracle may just be wanting to chill for a while.
The consultant rang me this morning and said he can't help as to why we've had two chemical pregnancies and suggested that maybe we should do a medicated transfer with our remaining frostie. Does anyone know how long medicated takes and what's required.

Hope everyone is ok xxx

We haven't got any frosties Rachel unfortunately so we are back to square 1. Definitely cannot afford any more treatment and to be honest I don't know whether I would want to. I can't face any more negativity

x

I'm so sorry, Tina. I hope the future holds bfp's for us all either naturally or another way.

x

Tina I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now. Maybe after some saving you will decide to give it another shot or maybe you will get a miracle natural bfp
I'm starting a medicated cycle on the 31st, it's a longer cycle than ivf and unmedicated from what Janey told me and from the paperwork I got through from the clinic x

Ellie, great news that you have a start date!

We officially got the letter from the hewitt yesterday stating that none of our embies made it to freezing. :( It's sad but we've been through it twice before so I know I'll come out on the other side stronger.

Spoke to my DH last night saying that we need to call the hewitt and arrange a follow up with the consultant and he was like "what's the point? they're only going to try and convince us to hand over more money for another cycle" That's not the reason I want to go, I just want a general overview on why he thought this didn't work and if we ever did do this again does he think we should do PGS testing on the embryos.

x

Sorry to hear that Tina I hope you manage to get some answers at your follow up consultation. Have you any idea what the next step might be?

Janey I'm sorry to hear as well. Again do you know what the next step is?

Sending you both lots of hugs IVF is so tough thinking of you both xx

Hi Vicky,

for us personally I think we are planning on trying naturally for a while. I am exhausted from the IVF and need a break. It's doing us no good relationship wise and we need to concentrate on each other for the time being.

I'm not ruling out more IVF in the future but for now it's a no no

xx

Hope your doing ok Tina, big hugs!
My meds are arriving tomorrow, got my drug appointment Monday then I start down regging Tuesday 😁😁 xx

Hey ladies, hope everyone is ok.
Tina, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. Hoping you get some answers today xxx

Good luck ES, it's not too bad once you get going Xxx

AFM we're booked in for a consultation in a couple of weeks, in the meantime, I'm sorting my diet, to sort my PCO to see if it happens naturally again. I've spent £150 on Clearblue ovulation kits. I've never used them before as I didn't think ovulated. I had a smiley face yesterday, nearly fell over! X

lovely to see you back Janey! Lost count of the amount I spent on ovulation sticks over the years. Be lovely if you got a natural bfp after everything you have been through.
Just done my first injection, I have got my baseline scan on 17th June. I don't start the pills until after my baseline do I? x

Thanks ES, but I don't think I've been through a lot... I feel fine now, after a few weeks of healing & considering the options.... We were shocked & just absolutely gutted that it took 2 months of drugs for my uterus to kick out our embryo after 4 days.
We're so blessed to have my LG, so we've been lucky & still have 2 in the freezer.

If anything, I'm wishing for it to happen for the couples like you ES, who've been trying for years and wanting 1 baby.

Yes, have your baseline & then the embryologist calls you later than day to advise when to start taking the estrogen. Hope it isn't too bad for you xxx

Glad your feeling positive Janey, time is a healer.
Don't know if it's the heat in general but my god I got so many hot flushes today!!!
Are they just generally checking my uterus/lining at the baseline scan? X

Sounds like it symptoms of the buserelin, I had the same! I'd imagine it's early days but mind got worse, drink lots of water!

Yes, they're checking you're lining has shredded after your period. Think mine was 4mm. If all ok, they'll get you on the estrogen & after a 10 days I think they'll get you in for another scan to make sure the lining is building back up! X

Hi girls,

Janey, great to see you back on the thread and great to see that you're feeling fine again :D We are taking the natural approach too over the next few months and have no plans in the near future to do more IVF. I'm not taking OPKs, just plan on DTD when my body tells me I am ovulating and hoping for the best. We've spent a small fortune on supplements/vitamins. It's something I've never stuck to for more than a few weeks so this time we are in it for the long haul!

Went to my follow up, it was useless really. I really feel like the womens are a waste of time, and money! He gave me the same spiel of "I don't see why this isn't happening for you" and I don't feel confident that he can put a plan in place to get me pregnant.

Ellie, so happy that you're back on the road to getting a BFP!! Won't be long and you'll be PUPO :D We're all here to cheer you on when the time comes!

x

Hi Tina! Great to see you back too 😊😊 the thread went really quiet! glad your hear you've got your own plan in place 😊 best of luck to you! Xx
I'm feeling aching n my throat n eyes are sore, think this down to being tired n the heat though xx

Hey Tina, what supplements are you taking? I'm only taking Agnus Cactus to get my reproductive system going and fish oils. I don't think it will happen for us any time soon as when I fell pregnant naturally it was 18 months after our LG was born. Weird to know that some people fall pregnant in their first month of trying.

I think we'll be having another round in September as I've had to wait for 3 periods. Praying we don't have to as that immediate feeling of hurt is overwhelming. Going to talk to the Dr about having natural FET as I think I've ovulated this month.

I don't have a bad word to say about the women's, but I've not had 3 fails and spent £15k, I imagine I'd feel similar if I'd been through the same as you. It's a shame that they won't give you tests bearing in mind you've spent so much & haven't had an embryo stick. Have you thought about going abroad for your next cycle... I know it's not immediate but You've got plenty of time, you're still young. 3 of my friends, collectively been through 23 rounds of IVF including FET in UK, all went to the same clinic in Cyprus and have 5 babies between them. They tweak the protocol slightly which something UK can't do and it's worked & cheaper.

Keep going ES, you'll get there, stay positive! X

Ellie, I had loads of side effects from the meds including hot sweats. It's horrible! Hope they start to ease off and not get worse.

Janey, Yes I have considered going abroad... Another lady who I speak to on here goes to Greece after multiple failed cycles in the UK and she's been lucky enough to have 2 BFPs there. They pay for her flights to the clinic too!
I am taking ubiquinol, maca root, vitamin C, omega 3 & royal jelly. I believe you have to take them for 3 months at least though for them to have any effect. Got my hubby on a concoction of drugs too haha x

Be crazy but lovely if you both got natural bfps.
How come womens wanted you to do a medicated fet janey? I wasn't given the option. Just curious what makes their decision between natural and medicated x

Wow that's a concoction of pills Tina... where did you get them from? Hoping it works... I've given OH strict instructions of no hot baths, no phone in front pocket & lots of Brazils! Ha ha he's eating low GI with me too so no processed foods, sugar, dairy or gluten... praying it makes my ovaries behave! x
I'd definitely look into going abroad if i had to pay.

ES they don't know if I ovulate, as I've got PCO, but I didn't know i ovulated either until I got pregnant but I think it's every other month. I thought I'd see if the OPK worked for me first before i ask the HC. They've tested my bloods before my first cycle but never confirmed either way. I didn't want to take any risks with FET so thought medicated was the best route but now not sure x

haha it is quite a concoction! My bedside table looks like a medicine cupboard honestly. I got most of them from Holland & Barrett but some they didn't stock so I had to buy from elsewhere. Each one of them cost between £8-£20 per bottle and they will only last a month. Suppose it's cheaper than IVF!

Ellie, Janey is right... if you ovulate naturally every month then the hewitt should suggest a natural cycle.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"