Ivf/ICSI successes or natural bfp after IVF/ICSI. Anyone welcome :) x

I think my nesting is kicking in. I emptied and scrubbed the chip fryer!
I've been the midwife and I was not impressed at all. Sat there for 30-40 minutes as she was running behind so they were waiting for another midwife to come help. When I got seen (by the other one! ) the room was small an pokey. There was stuff all I've the bed, which she took off and said for me to hop on... Then when I got up I noticed there was cotton wool with blood on under me! I commented on it and she just said oh sorry ill get that moved now!
But I got to hear my little princesses heartbeat again and I'm measuring 35cm. And her head is fixed! It's all starting to happen now :) x

Tha is bad. Glad you got to hear your little princesses heartbeat :happydance: i wont hear peanuts again until 25 weeks as that will be when i next see my midwife as i have have consutant at 24 weeks

Think my nesting has started my house has been spotless for 2 weeks now thought it was a bit early for it though but im not complaining lol

Only 2 more weeks to wait for you. My midwife appointments are now 2 weeks apart.
My oh is made up I'm doing a bit, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to the house. Ill clean up after us obviously but hate doing all the big jobs!

Can any of you help me? I don't know how Edd is calculated. I was trying to work out backwards but kept getting different dates.the consultant at the women's gave us the 4th nov but my hospital gave us the 26/10.
I know there's not much difference but on the 27/10 ill be classed as 1 day overdue, but what if I'm not? Do u get me haha x

well normally they go from first day of last period. i think if you count from the date of EC + 2 weeks before it and it should be about right (if you get what i mean). 12 week dating scan is the most acurate out of all scans for dating pregnancy but i wouldnt worry to much aslong as you have no issues they let you go upto 2 weeks overdue.

Oh dear, I typed up my message then clicked the page on my ipad and lost it all! For some reason the box at the end of the forum page has disappeared to! Oh well

Jamie, a friend of mine went over by 11 days before the induced her. She delivered a beautiful boy quite successfully and he's beautiful. I would imagine that unless you develop any complications they'd just let you go over and monitor you, only if you or baby started getting into trouble would they do something like induce or emergency c-section. Don't worry hun, you've got a while to go before you get to that stage. I suppose edd would be based on 2 weeks prior embryo transfer as that would be the time you would have started your new cycle if you had conceived naturally I think. My 12 weeks scan put my edd at 10th feb and I made mine at 9th.

Sugar, I'm sorry your feeling poorly and had to take a trip to the women's. when I as about 6 weeks I had a cyst that ruptured on my right hand side, I was in so much pain. Was there any fluid on the scan? Also anothe thing I learnt was that my appendix is stuck to the bowel in places, so as that's on the right side, is there a chance you could be similar? Might help explain the pain. Sorry I'm waffling but I thought I'd mention it. Take some time off and look after itself hun, :hugs:

Wrighty, six days will be here before you know it and you'll soon get to see you little one. I'm sure everything will be fine. My scan is in 5 days on Monday and I can't wait!

Nt much to report on the front here, other than I had a brain wave and tweeted British gas to let them know how useless they were. What do you know I got a response within 19 minutes and they're now looking at my complaint!

Result!

Baby's still moving, found out he or she is not keen on it when I'm in the bath. Feel a lot more movement when I'm in there! It's not even hot very luke warm, but thought I'd make the most of it, whilst I can still get in and out

Love to all x x x x

Thank you :)
It wasn't a worry we were just trying to work it all out!

Gemz that's good about British gas, hope u get a result!
My missy is always going nuts in the bath, apparently because all the noises echo through the water, my mum always said that's how she got us moving round if she ever felt worried, knocking on the bath whilst in it x

Bloody British gas! Have been installing our central heating for the past 4 days (said 2-3 days tops...), still haven't finished yet. Poor hubby has been on nights all week and hasn't been able to get much sleep all week :(. Also, they turned water off upstairs yesterday and forgot to turn it back on overnight, which I didn't discover until after I'd been to the loo :(. Can't wait to have my house back. Sorry, rant over :(

Ahh Harley! Seems like British gas are going down hill theses days, tweet them like gem did haha.

Harley tweet @britishgashelp and moan, guaranteed to get them to pull fingers out of backside, and you'll probably get compo too!

Omg, just realised you only have 5 weeks left Jamie! Where did that go?!?

oooooo exciting ladies :)

well its my V-day today :happydance::happydance: cant believe ive made it to 24 weeks. Have my scan in 4 days excited to see peanut but also very nervous incase they find something wrong :/

Wow it doesn't seem that long ago Jamie was going through her 1st cycle, then got her bfp as we were going through our cycle, it seems about a week ago that Wrighty and gem got theirs! I can't believe how fast it seems to be going for us all! I think as we've all had a tougher and longer wait for this than average now it seems to be flying :). Still hasn't sunk in for me yet, don't think it will until I see an actual baby, my mum said it will be VERY real at that point :).

While im on my soapbox, I think we should take a sec to congratulate each other and give ourselves a massive pat on the back, bet none of us would have believed we would be here a few months ago! Love to all xxx

I thought that finding out I was pregnant so early would make it drag! I think in the first few weeks... Waiting for the confirmations scan then the 12 week scan took so long to come around but nope. I had my last drink on nye as I started my injections in January, and it's nearly blooming Christmas already!!

Happy v day wrighty I'm sure everything will be fine, your babies lucky she has you :) xx

As Harley said we should all congratulate ourselves! It's been a tough journey! Raise your fake glasses chink chink!! God I'm going to be so drunk so easily this Christmas haha x

Hi everyone :flower: Sorry not posted for ages but keep checking in, I never seen to have any time :wacko:

Happy v day Wrighty :baby: I'm sure your little lady is going to be just fine, everything looked good at 20 weeks so no reason for that to change. Will be thinking of you xx

Jamie - 35 weeks, how did that happen!! I don't want to scare you but I went into labour at 37+3, so you never know, could be having cuddles sooner than you think! xx hope you are managing to relax and enjoy your last few weeks, I do sometimes regret not finishing work sooner as I only got about a day with my feet up!!

Harley you are so right about the journey we have all been on. I have had a strange day today, 3 people from my ante natal group are all pregnant again. Even though I've got my beautiful boy, I still get that weird feeling when someone announces a pregnancy, a bit like I felt before Ivf! I can't work out why now I've been pregnant and got my boy?? Maybe it just brings it all back what we go through and how lucky we are. It's so special and it's also the feeling that I prob won't experience it again. Anyway, sorry for the strange post!!

Hope everyone else is well and you all have a lovely weekend xxxx

Hey Susie :)
Oh I'm all ready! Everything is done, everything bought and prepped I'm just now waiting for my little lady!!
I'm so bored on maternity but I'm still glad I'm not working ha.

Are you just going to stick with your little boy.? Did you not have any frosties??

I have 2 and it's going to be such a hard decision to make, I found the whole process really hard, I'm so thankful I was lucky first time. I'm not a strong person. but I suppose I haven't even had this one yet.

Hope everyone is well love to all xx

Hi Jamie :flower:
No not got any frosties, we were so lucky as we only had 2 embies left at transfer and had both put back. Part of me would like to try naturally but I'm 41 now and I do worry a lot about the risks at my age :wacko: Its highly unlikely i'd get pregnant anyway. I also feel very lucky to have my boy and think maybe I should just be thankful and just enjoy him. I am quite happy to just have one really, but worry a bit that he'll never have a sibling. Not sure I could afford another!!! Xx

Hi guys

Sorry I've been AWOL, just been so tired lately!

Wrighty! Yey for 24 weeks, bet you can't wait for your scan this week. I'm sure everything will be fine. Stay positive and your little one will be a fighter just like her mum!

Harley, yey for being righteous! I'm like Jamie in some respects, you would think given that we all found out early it would have dragged. At times it feels like that but on the other hand I can't believe I'm half way there! 20 weeks on Monday, its my birthday and I get my scan. Seems that its flying something rotten. How you doing?

Jamie are you planning on using your frozen ones eventually? I said to hubby that I'd like to have another one (haven't even had this one yet!) as my brother and I are only 15 months apart. On the other hand I want to be able to spoil this one - does any of that make sense or have I waffled again? Have you packed your case for hospital yet?

Susie glad your doing well. My hubby's an only child and he's spoilt, I think as long as your happy it doesn't matter, but if you want to try again I don't see why age should stop you! :) besides its fun trying!

Not much on my end, hubby's home which is brilliant as I haven't seen him in ages, he's cooking up a storm for me today, so ill have lots of food to eat at hand in the evening! Having hair cut and just being spoilt by everyone for birthday weekend - it's nice that the weather is better than what it's been this week.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and will chat soon x x x

Hey girls.
Yea it makes sense gem.
My oh keeps talking about how my pregnancy will be easier next time ha.
I don't like the fact that I will have 2 frosties sitting in a freezer, but on the other hand I don't know if I could go through it and get the fails knowing the effect it has on far stronger people than me. Suppose we will come to it when the time is right.
Everyone keeps telling me stories of people who have had successful ivf then fallen pregnant naturally without trying. So you never know.
Gem u going to find out the sex? Ahh I've confused myself of who knows what sex and who doesn't.

Hope you have all had a good weekend.
Love to all
Jamie x

Hi Jamie, no don't know the sex yet, 20 week scan tomorrow best birthday present ever (even though hubby got me some beautiful sapphire earrings!) so provided I can hold out ill not be finding out! Hubby can't come to the scan tomorrow so seems unfair for me to find out beforehand. We've booked a 3D/4D scan in a couple of weeks time so if we do find out it'll be then!

Anything is possible hun, look at what happened to me? I thought given what doctors said IVF was are only chance and I've fallen pregnant naturally so anything is possible! I know what you mean though, seems strange those frosties sitting in the freezer. Would like to use the up I think, so in some respects I hope that even though I know its possible for it to fail, that it wouldn't be as hard as I've got my own child - does that make sense? I'm sure you'll know when the time is right :)

Update on my electrics, so far still no lights but we've found the fault! Hopefully all shall be sorted tomorrow fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has had a lovely sunny weekend! Probably last one of the year! Big hugs to all x x x

Happy birthday gem, hope you he a lovely day and a lovely scan.

I know exactly what you mean, if we used our frosties and it failed it wouldn't be as huge a crash as we already have got out little girl.

Can't believe I'm awake and have been for a while, my body clock is rubbish! X

Thanks Jamie! I hear what you mean about body clock! My electrician is coming at 9 this morning and scan is just before lunch.

Hardly slept last night, worrying I'd get bad news, which I know is daft in the grand scheme of things. I don't remember being this worried for my 12 week scan!

Hubby bought me the most amazing sapphire and diamond earrings so feel rather spoilt. As things stand he's given me the best present yet - although I think he'll soon be trumped my a £3 scan photo!

Quick update as on phone! 20 week scan was fine! Everything was normal and I've managed to stay team :yellow:

Will post pics when at home! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->