• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

aww Tory - sorry you're feeling down :hugs:

Fantastic news for MummyIwanabe!! Not long now!

Thank you and hello! (that sounds so silly doesn't it but I hope you follow the thinking?!)

Been away a few days (we do that a lot at the moment - making the most of the (hopefuly short) time when there's nothing holding us at home!) and came back to some lovely welcomes!

Thank you! Not a lot to add tonight really - just busying myself as you do. hope everyone is having a calm wednesday - it's always the worst day of the week I think! Loving that there's a few of us on this path together. It really does help.

Yeh I'm glad there's more people on this thread now too! We can help each other through this bumpy journey! :) xxx

You guys said it! I'm glad to have more people. It's almost Easter! I plan to get DH a basket of goodies. Maybe hide some eggs around the house? Hmm.

I'd also like to add that I just looked at pictures of bunnies and they are really cute. :) Cute things fill me with joy at the moment! :blush:

haha nice idea wish2bmama. I'm so looking forward to having some time off. We can all relax and know that the next 4 days are going to go REALLY quickly!! :) kinda good but kinda bad at the same time! xxx

Hi Everyone, please can I join you?!!
I have just found out that I am starting the IVF process in May and am sooooooooo excited I'm practically bouncing off the walls!
It's been so lovely reading through all your posts, MummyIwanabe I can completely relate to you, I work from home as well and when you're waiting for the next step it can feel like eternity when you're on your own all day - in fact it's nearly sent me loopy a few times!!
Not long for you now at all til your down regging, you must be so excited!!
I'm kind of already downregging as I'm on Prostap long term for my endometriosis so not sure how this will affect my protocol??!!
Anyway, Happy Easter to everyone!!
xx

Hey all

Please may I join you all too????

AF arrived today (should have been Monday but never mind!) have called the clinic we are using to let them know and they have now closed for the Easter. Will have to ring them on Tues to confirm the next steps. I was advised that i would start tablets on Day 19 - so counting down the days!! Yippee.

Like you all I have never wished for AF so much in my life!!! Typical of my life for it to be late tho, although I was thinking that perhaps it was all going to happen naturally. NO CHANCE!

Catch you all soon and see how things are progressing with everyone.:happydance:

Hi summer breeze and doodles29! Welcome!

Summer breeze - it's exciting isn't it!! I guess none of us thought we'd ever be in this situation but its great to know there's options for us and this forum is fantastic for advice!
Good to know you work from home too so hopefully you'll be on here lots with me!! :)
Not sure how the prostap will affect your protocol. Someone maybe able to help if you post a thread on forum :)

Doodles29 - your AF was due same time as mine! Mine came on Sunday (technically monday) and I too will be taking tablets on day 19!!! Perhaps we are on the same!

Are you taking provera for day 19 for a week? buserelin for down regging from day 21 and gonal-f for stim?

We should have our EC same sort of time! Are you having ICSI? Why do you need treatment? Hope you don't mind me asking! I have so many Q's! hehe :haha:

Tell us a bit about yourselves summer breeze and doodles :) xxx

I had a call from my private consultant yesterday. To cut a long story short NHS dr was shocking he ran all the relevant tests but was not a nice man. We went private because he just didn't answer any of our questions. The private consultant confirm we would need ICSI but there's plenty DH swimmers for it to work. I don't know DH figures yet though as he's posting the out to me. HNS can not even find the results and they did it yet the private consultant got them from them. Sorry I know this is confussing. The private consultant was really nice and advised us to have our free go at ICSI before coming to him and paying, I thought this was lovely of him he wasnt pushing for business or anything he genuinely wants to help.

Anyway the consultant has said we've had the relevant test and he's emailing the new NHS consultant on the assisted unit. He's feel we should be starting the ball rolling ASAP :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I don't know if I'll have to have tablets to bring AF on or what. I keep reading that everyone seems to be on injections so I assume they'll give me them at some point. I guess they'll explain everything to me on the 21st April

Sorry if I've bored you all with my long post
xx

Hi MummyIwanabe!

Yes i will definitely be on lots!
Well we started ttc last Jan and started having problems with periods last APril, had loads of scans then laparoscopy and found I had a nasty case of stage IV Endometriosis which had a lot of bowel involvement. An MRI scan and a far too intrusive sigmoidoscopy later and I was having joint major surgery with gynae and bowel surgeon, had loads of endo & cysts removed and a bowel dissection. That was 3 weeks ago. Went straight onto Prostap as essentially my consultant doesn't want me to have any more periods so it will be a hysterectomy after (Hopefully successful) IVF. So i think that's why they're whizzing me through quickly. I'm hoping because I'll have already down regulated for 5 weeks by the time of my appointment that I'll get straight into the stimulating, I've sent an email to the nurse to find out (I'm so impatient!)
So that's my story really, you're so right, I never thought in a million years I would be in this situation. This time last year, IVF was just something poor people on tele had, I never dreamt I would find myself here, but when I start to feel sorry for myself I just remind myself THANK GOD this isn't 30-40 years ago when there would have been no hope at all now, game over. Thank heavens for modern medicine!!
Anyway, sorry I think i've rambled on a bit there!
Is this your first time on IVF MummyIwanabe??
xx

Hi Aclio - that's good news that hopefully you should be able to start soon and its great to hear the ball is rolling. I cannot understand how some consultants are so bad and horrible, they shouldn't be given the job if they're not sensitive enough to understand our thoughts and feelings.

Summer breeze - Thanks for letting us know a bit about yourself. Sounds like you've been through the mill a bit but hopefully this will be the start of your journey to your BFP!!! I too am massively impatient!! We are hugely lucky that our fertility problems have happened when medicine could help!!

This is indeed my first time at ICSI and hopefully my last! lol! well maybe not maybe that might be for baby number 2! haha! xx

Aclio, that's dreadful, I must admit I am rather nervous about leaving my private consultant for 1 go of NHS IVF but apparently he will be 'overseeing it'
Hopefully they can get their act together.

Fingers crossed it will be first time lucky for us all!!

Thanks a lot for the idea of posting a new thread about Prostap, I've just done it (I think!) so we'll see if anyone responds!
xx

I hope it is first time lucky for all of us!!!

When's your next appt Summer breeze? xx

Well I'm going to see the senior nurse on May 3rd, I asked her how long from then I would get started and she said straight away! I nearly cried cause i was expecting it to be months away! I think she mentioned that it might be about a week for all the medication to be delivered but then I can get started, I think because I'm not having periods they can just choose when to start too. Gosh is it just because I'm a newbie or is the whole process really confusing?!
What's next for you MummyIwanabe? when's your next appointment and what will happen then??
xx

mummyiwanabe - I don't know how they get a job. Doctors are supposed to be good talking to people he defiantly did not have a bedside manner.

summerbreeze - the private consultant knows the NHS dr as he works with him at the NHS hospital as well. He's going to keep involved with us and wants us to call him if I need anything. He's given me his mobile and everything

Oh really?! Wow, your private consultant sounds amazing! How lovely of him. That must be so reassuring to have so much support from him, that's awesome Aclio :)
xx

ps.. Where is your picture from? It looks very similar to where I went on honeymoon!

It was from our honeymoon in the Maldives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->