• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Hi Summerbreeze,

Don't you have any dates yet? What are you waiting for at the moment? an AF? Whatever you're waiting for you can do a ticker for that! I did one counting down until my AF arrived and now I got one for counting down until I down reg!! Can't wait for the one where I'm counting down from stim to EC! hehe!

Let me know if you get any probs with your ticker and we can help you!!

Wish2bmama - wow texas sounds nice and hot! not like us in UK! It's rubbish at the moment! god knows where spring has gone although I'm told its gona be nice from tomorrow until sunday :) xxx

Ah, thank you you two!! Ooh, can't wait to get myself one!

The reason i'm not too sure what i'm waiting for is, I have my appointment on May 3rd and when i asked when I would actually be starting the IVF cycle she said "pretty much straight away" I think i'll just have to wait for all the drugs to arrive, I think she said that would take about a week. I'm on Prostap so not having any periods so I think they can just start me off whenever they like and judging from what people have said on here I think I will start straight onto the stimming bit.
God, its all soooooo confusing!!!
It would be so lovely if we were all around the same time,

MummyIwanabe, how long will you be down regging for?

Wish2bmama what happens at your baseline appointment, how far away from starting treatment are you??

xx

Wow, that is confusing. My clinic has me on bc right now, and I go off of them on may 3rd, and then my baseline is on the 5th. At that point they will do a vaginal ultrasound to see how my ovaries are doing and all of that. They will take bloods and a urine test. Then they will give me the stim meds and it all begins. It's looking like a very busy day that day! :) Maybe your clinic is doing something like this?

I am on BC to regulate me so my cycle is what they want it to be. They want me to go off of them on the 3rd because it takes a few days for AF to come so the baseline apt falls around cd 1. I'm still also in the world of wonder about all of it. I guess I am learning as I go!

MummyIwannabe, I'm glad the weather is suppose to be nice! Yay! Only 9 days for you!!!!! WOOOT

summer breeze - I'm in a similar situation to yourself. I have no AF's. DH and I are being referred for ICSI due to his low count. We've had all our tests done so they said we should get started straight away. I don't know what they'll do though with my AF's

oo Summer breeze do a ticker to countdown until your appointment on the 3rd! :)

I think I will be down regging for perhaps 2 weeks... that's what others in a similar situation have taken so I guess it might be the same. Ugh 2 long weeks of not really doing that much! I think the stim bit is the most exciting! haha! :haha:

I think we are gona be around the same time ish! They told me they predicted EC either 10th may that week or maybe 17th if I'm slow to respond. I'm hoping for the 10th!! xx

MummyIwanabe - you seem to be so well informed. I was just told I had my appointment on the 21st April with the assisted unit. I really don't know what to expect

I have to say Im not feeling too excited about the stimms...well maybe a bit lol. I kind of feel tempted to do it now!! I think the first one is the worst, once you know what to expect and stuff. hopefully it will be ok :wacko: :wacko: I'll post how I get on. Mummy, the stimms go so fast, once I got into the routine of it the time flew by. I cannot believe its been 3 and a half weeks! Ill be up the duff before I know it!!! :happydance:

Hey Aclio - I ask lots of questions hehe! They prob hate me cos I'm a pain! :haha: but I've also stalked a lot of peeps on here who are similar age and similar issue and guestimated from their experience lol!

Is this your first appointment? what are you having done? A scan? what day are you on your cycle?

Make a ticker and put it in your signature so we can see you counting down to something! It's great to watch it going down, really helps I think! :) xx

You will indeed aphrodite, positive thinking I like it!! :)

It's funny my friend is due at beginning of may and Im thinking hopefully I will get my BFP at the end of May and then say, well I didnt wana steal your lime light but now its my turn! hahaha! :) she's been waiting the whole time for me to say I'm preggos and of course it hasn't happened :( really wanted to share our pregnancies together but sadly it wasn't meant to be! Just hope I do get a BFP eventually and can enjoy it as much as she has hehe! xx

We've been under the fertility consultant he's ran all the test HSG, ultra sound bloods etc and DH swimmers test. I have PCOS and DH has a low count so we have been refereed to the assisted unit for ICSI. My AF's are none existent my last natural AF was September. I was given tablets for my HSG in January and had nothing since. The consultant did say we've had all the tests need so should get started straight away but started with what I don't know.

hmmm I'm not sure. Don't know if you'll need to down reg or not. Perhaps post a thread and see if anyone has been in same situation... maybe they can help tell you what will happen next :) xxx

Yeah I might do that. Thank you

I've added a ticker for my appointment :)

Ugh honestly I was told that my prescription had been sent off and I should get a phone call this week to pay for drugs and get delivery. Well I was told not to panic and it was all in order but I called drug company today and they don't have a prescription for me!!

I've had to tell the clinic that they need to re send it. Not end of world as they always have spare but just goes to show you have to keep on top of things!

haha back to me being a pain and calling all the time! lol jk! xxx :)

Your best keeping on top of them then, especially when your paying. I've got 1 free go on the NHS at Jessops, Sheffield. Then if needed we've already seen the consultant who works there privately so he'll do all he can to help us. He's spoke with the NHS consultant already telling him we should get started ASAP as all the test are done. He even gave me his mobile number if I needed his help with anything

That's really nice of him to do that. It's great when you meet someone who's helpful and goes that extra mile :) sounds like you've got a good one there! :) xx

Hey you guys

Glad to see you are all still here, just hanging around, waiting and waiting!!!!

Sounds like we should all move to Texas if its 80 degrees over there. Looking out of my Window today it looks like Spring is finally here and don't all the daffodils look so pretty!

Anyway just an update for you all - I have finally heard from my clinic who tell me everything is in order and not to worry - I now feel like a pain for haressing them (a bit like you Mummy) but I don't like not being in control. They say that i should get a call today about my meds being delivered some time next week ready to start on the 19th - woo hoo I am soo excited!!!!:happydance:

Looks like we are all progressing along but just not quick enough for all of us! You can't rush a good thing though girls!:thumbup:

I'm a fan of all the tickers! :)

Doodles, I love daffodils! I'm glad spring has come for you!

I too feel like I am a pain to the clinic. I call them for every little thing. LOL. I got a staph infection on my leg and had to take antibiotics and called the clinic frantic about what to do! :haha: They were nice about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->