IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Thanks Mummy and Tansey!
Yes 8d p3dt.... Good luck today Tansey! Enjoy the ET! Xxxxx

yeh still early days then :) theres still plenty of hope, the same as it was yesterday :) xx

Hi everyone.
Brumbar hope you are ok, like everyone has said, very early days yet :flower:

I am worried now too. had a scan this morning after only 6 days of stims, i have only done one of the antagonist injections and they have told me to trigger tonight for EC on friday! Its toooooo early. Scan showed 8 or so mature follicles on the right and 1 maybe 2 on the left and a lot of other smaller ones around the place. I am really worried that they will be too immature, but they said if they leave me over the weekend i would most probably lose all the ones on the right. I guess i just have to trust them again, but to be honest i was thinking i would have a lot more. They said my risk of hyperstim is too high to go any further as this sort of response after 6 days of stim at only 125 is rare and my blood levels are very high and they have to go with it now. Cant help feeling disheartened. Its harde to believe the quality not quantity message that we keep getting told. Oh well it is what it is and worrying doesnt really solve anything :wacko:

Hi Gracy,

I can understand your worry. All you can do is look at it as it's better to go ahead now and heads your bets and hope you get some good quality mature ones than wait and risk having the cycle abandoned/cancelled. that would be way worse! You may be 8-10 eggs from that you never know so stay positive that's all you need anyway :) xxx

Hey Everyone
Brumbar, sorry about your BFN but like the others say, I'm sure it's just to early, keeping everything crossed for you all.
Gracy, it's so hard to put your trust in these people when it's something so close to our hearts but we really have to try to. You have a good number of follies and best to get them now than risk jeopardising them.

Just a brief update from me, sorry I didn't come on yesterday but have been in a bit of a state.

Had my EC yesterday, they got 7 eggs which is great but apparently there was loads of fluid on my uterus so we've had to abandon the cycle. I am absolutely devastated and cannot stop crying, I feel like I've reached an all time low. I am just so fed up of my body letting me down at every hurdle, I can't get anything right, I feel like a bad wife to my husband cause I am doing so very badly at what should be the most natural thing in the world.

Had a call this morning to say that 6 out of the 7 eggs fertilised and they're going to freeze the best ones tomorrow. This is of course wonderful news but I am scared about them being frozen, I just can't get my head round it all and don't know how many more knock backs i can take.

Really sorry to moan, I do hope you understand xx

Gracy - I had 10 mature follicles and got 15 good/mature eggs from them....
I was also told that they would be worried if things progressed too fast and lost some so I would be happy they are going ahead now - as I keep on being told - no one persons treatment is the same as an other and there is no such thing as 'normal' so just trust them. :hugs:

Hey ladies,
Just had 1st follie progress scan I have 10 follies in total,ranging from the lead follie is 18mm and the smallest is 10mm. lining is 10.6
I seem to be respondig a lot better then last time on long protocol.
My first scan on LP I only had 5 follies the biggest at 9mm and the lining was 6.2.
I'm wondering if i'll be in for ET on Monday instead on Wednesday now.
Back again on Friday for 2nd scan

Gracey- Try not to worry yourself too much, I think TBH it's a positive thing you are responding as well as you are hun.
xxx

Summerbreeze :hugs::hugs::hugs: That is totally devastating news, I feel absoultely awful for you. I dont really understand what happened, what does fluid in/around the uterus mean? Did they overstimulate you and thats why the cycle was cancelled. You were feeling ok werent you? Oh you poor thing, unfortunately there is nothing that can be said that will make you feel any better, i wish there was, this ivf thing is a hard bloody ride isnt it? Hang in there, are you feeling physically ok at least, not too sick? :hugs:Thinking of you :flower:

hi summer breeze. Oh hun I am so sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your cycle. That's awful news. I would have been so gutted too if that happened to me. You poor thing :hug: I'm glad they got 7 eggs or which 6 have fertilised that's good to know that it hasn't all been in vain. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I hope you recover soon and please don't feel like you're a bad wife, your DH would want you to be healthy and not risk that so you are the most important to him. Hopefully you can get better and then have a FET soon.

wish2bmama - how did you get on?

Frindabelle - glad your scan went well that's good news :) I see you're in Surrey and going to the Nuffield. I considered there but opted for one nearer to me in the end. Would you recommend it?

SummerBreeze, I'm so sorry hun, I can only imagine how upset you must be at the moment. Just remember that this is only a delay, have they said how long you'll have to wait until you can try for the transfer? Your fertilisation rate is great so fingers crossed they're nice strong embryos which will all survive the freezing. With 6 at the moment, the odds are with you to get enough to freeze and you're not just relying on a couple. You've done really well to get to this stage and you just need to make sure you're in top condition to be ready for your transfer. Look after yourself and stop giving yourself a hard time, take the opportunity to do something with your DH to pamper/treat yourselves together xx

Hi Mummy, had a break from the internet yesterday, trying to avoid looking at work emails! Feeling physically fine, had some AF-like dull aches last night and this morning, hoping it's implantation but keep having negative moments - I can't imagine we could be so lucky that it works first time and I'm scared to have to do it all again because we were so lucky to get 2 grade-1 embryos this time around. I can't believe it's only been 5 days since ET, feels like months!!! How are you today? x

I had some AF cramps this morning at 4.30am when i woke for a pee lol I was scared to be honest and I thought oh no this doesn't feel good. I too am having negative thoughts. I feel like too much is riding on this for it to work first time. Dont' know what I'll do if it doesn't as financially its cripling and to fit it in with work during the summer period will be near impossible. It feels ages since last week! Are you going to test early or are you holding out? I see your OTD is 1 day after me, I think I was a couple of days ET before you so weird how clinics give diff OTD :) I may test at the weekend but not sure!!

Hi mrs R, glad you are feeling good? When do you reckon you will do your first test? What about you mummy?

I just did the trigger, wow i was nervous about that! Its sort of like thats it then, out of my hands now. I cant believe that my husband was on night shifts for the whole of my stims and trigger. He does 7 in row, the first one on my 1st night and the last one tonight on the night of my trigger. I have had to do it all myself, i feel very brave. He better come up with the goods friday morning is all i can say :rofl:

BTW, its in the next couple of days i need to be drinking all the water i can get my hands on is that right?

Hey Gracy, you are brave well done you :)

I think us women drew the short straw!!

You should be drinking all the time 3 litres a day I think. I struggle with that as the bloating is bad enough without more water in me but keep at it, its really important to try and keep OHSS at bay. EC you need an empty bladder but they tell you to pee before the proceedure and ET I just had a wee before I left then when I got there I didn't pee and waited, by time i got seen my bladder was 75% full and enough for ET they dont want you to bust as it hurts!!

Summer Breeze so sorry your cycle was abandoned :hugs:

Gracy - it is hard to trust the clinic but we have to, after all they do this all the time. I hope EC goes really well for you.

Thanks everyone, have posted a new thread to see if anyone on here has had experience of this xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->