IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

I'm sure there's more people on here that are due to test soon or did i imagine that? I'm ok sad but slowly adjusting to reality. I am planning another cycle. I will be starting at the end of August. our clinic makes us wait 2 normal cycles as results show any sooner than that and they reckon it affect egg quality. I didn't have any frosties so can't do that so gota start from scratch.

My AF arrived before the OTD so at least you know your AF hasn't turned up yet. Everyone's different of course and the pessaries can delay it but your signs seem good so stay positive it's only over once its officially a bfn.

Good luck :) xx

Hi all,

Gonna update while i can... our laptop is screwed and its not easy to update from work with a bright purple webpage saying Baby and Bump on it and IVF and all that stuff when work dont know i am having treatment!

Well this cycle failed as i understimmed. I decided to cancel the cycle myself with only two follies of 20 and 22mm on the right ovary and not much happening on the left (think that one passed out due to pressure! ) It was not worth continuing with two follies and we all know the fert rate and then two transferred and then one or two do not work... la la la. So we have been offered a free IUI (i class this as compensation for the fact that i tried) The sperm will be washed and spun and the best inserted back into me right near the eggs this Friday. Therefore the sperm will not have to travel and will be where they should be. I was told there is a chance of twins since I have two large follies and I will ovulate naturally. Normally people only produce one follie when they naturally ovulate but because I have been stimmed there are two (or more normally) The eggs of course will not now be taken out they will pop out during ovulation and the sperm will be right there waiting for them By Friday I should be in the 2WW again.

If this doesnt work then they will start a new protocol with increased meds and Menopur added on my next bleed (they dont believe in messing around waiting in this hospital it seems!) so i have been given a new protocol and prescription in case this does not work and I call them on the first day of bleed.... as normal.

I am not sure at this stage whether I will or will not go straight into the fresh cycle since we have a two week holiday booked in Cyprus at the end of August and its a bit close to all that. I may give myself a break and start the new protocol September, I dont know... i am unsure. I think i will just see if this IUI works first.

So ladies... one time in my life i was asking for advice on IVF, then FET and now IUI.... will be a bloody expert on all this one day!

Anyone had IUI and its worked lol? (you gotta laugh havent you? All this Bulls**t is just not normal in order to have a baby!

I'm going to have to repost this in another thread so if you read it then try not to fall asleep... i have updated my Diary with a few extra details if anyone wants a read... Good luck everyone

I'm sure there's more people on here that are due to test soon or did i imagine that? I'm ok sad but slowly adjusting to reality. I am planning another cycle. I will be starting at the end of August. our clinic makes us wait 2 normal cycles as results show any sooner than that and they reckon it affect egg quality. I didn't have any frosties so can't do that so gota start from scratch.

My AF arrived before the OTD so at least you know your AF hasn't turned up yet. Everyone's different of course and the pessaries can delay it but your signs seem good so stay positive it's only over once its officially a bfn.

Good luck :) xx

Hi mummy... hope your ok! :hugs:

Sorry i have not been in touch... i fell awful but the lappy has died and gone to PC heaven and i can only update from work (next to impossible most of the time with these nosey feckers! lol) :hugs:

Hi Sammy, wondered where you were! So sorry the stims failed :( god this thread has not been particularly lucky so far! I haven't got a clue about IUI I'm afraid! Good luck with it tho I hope it works this time! least you can continue trying for a bit longer, I gota wait until end of august *sigh* hoping for a frigging miracle by then! :rofl:

I hope it works for you but if not we're prob be cycle buddies again :hugs:

so sorry to hear that Sammy :hugs:

well, my beta was today. 270! Next test is friday. I am sooo hoping it doubles. I am living proof that no bfp by 11dpo doesn't mean anything! :)

Hey ladies! Gracy... We had enough BFNs on here girl....... You're getting a BFP...! Cramping is a good sign!
Sammy... Sorry you under stimmed hun... You were on the short protocol, is this right? What dose were your stims hun????
I was sick for a couple of days so wasn't around for a bit. Had my immune tests done today on the NHS so waiting for the results..... Who knows when...
Pre treatment appointment on the 14 June .... Hoping to start (money depending) late July.... and really want for consultant to add Prednisolone and clexane to my protocol.... Speaking of which i'll be doing the next ICSI go on a long protocol so i'll be down regulating and sticking in a slightly higher dose of Gonal.... No particular reason as she was quite happy with my response on a short mild protocol ... We just decided to give the long one a go but she won't be pushing the doses too high....
Xxxx
Great new on beta Wish2bmama! X

FX the tests get back soon Brumbar! That sounds like a good plan for next cycle. :)

Oh Brumbar, you're going again soon chick, that's great. I think LP after SP is a good idea, in particular if you are not waiting for 3-4 cycles anyhow. That's because the Ovaries are under huge stress during this and it takes them forever to return to normal and have a fresh start (for instance mine are still inflamed and filled with follicles NOW) unless you shut them down properly with the down regulating. Having a great feeling about your cycle!

Sammy -sorry to hear that this turn didn't go to plan. I think IUI rates are comparable to FET!

Gracy - As I told you many times before, you ARE getting a BFP, in fact I'd reckon both caught! Let us know when you tested today, I'll be refreshing for news.

I think CurlySue is due to test soon too? How are you?

i'm going from a long protocol to a short protocol this time. Weird how we've both been changed brum! I will start end of august :cry: wish it was july but work just doesn't allow it. Still can't complain too much without my work we couldn't afford it and would be screwed.

Hi all. Brumbar and Mummy i am glad u have got another cycle in the pipeline.
Sammy good luck with the IUI, sorry about the stims that sux but your clinic seems very pro-active so thats good. Have you ever had an IUI before?

Well 2 x FRER and a digi both say :bfp:! Last night after being on here at 12dpo the cramps got really intense and the yucky lumps of crinone that come out all too frequently turned like a pink tinged colour. had a big cry and told DH it would all be over in the morning then i did the FRER so there would be no doubt and there was a faint but clearly visible line. So first thing this morning raced to supermarket and bought a digi and another FRER, both positive with fmu, FRER still light though. I hope this is for real and not some crap chemical or something cos other than cramps i feel completely normal.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement, i am generally a pretty negative person :blush: so your kind words have really helped me

Gracy!!! This is wonderful!!!! :dance: The pink tinge sounds like IB and I have cramps too. They got a little more intense yesterday actually.

Digis test at 50miu! Will you have a blood test in a few days?

Hehehe told you so! If you don't think I'm too far from your dates I'd be up for being bump buddies once you confirm it with bloods at the clinic. Aww both you and wish2bmama are on your next 2ww to scan! Bless, that's the most nerve wrecking time!

Congratulations and have a happy and healthy 8 months!

I think CurlySue is due to test soon too? How are you?

i'm going from a long protocol to a short protocol this time. Weird how we've both been changed brum! I will start end of august :cry: wish it was july but work just doesn't allow it. Still can't complain too much without my work we couldn't afford it and would be screwed.

Only 5dp3dt so equivalent of 8dpo. No symptoms whatsoever and stark white negative tests - other than nasty evaps on internet cheapies. I know it's early but I'm just not feeling it, you know?

I have a sillly question to ask :blush: . I have started my utrogestan that is supposed to be taken from down there. I am really worried I am not putting them in properly. I mean how deep are they supposed to go?

xxx

BF, I used to stick them as far as my finger goes.... No idea how far that is... Lol
CS.... 8dpo... Way toooooooooooo early hun!
Gracy! Congrats hun! Soooo happy for you Xxx
Mummy.... that switch is really funny... Consultant just did it to give it a go, she didn't think it would be better or worse... Are they changing your dose? 150 is very little and 11eggs on that dose is great on any protocol if you ask me.... I had only 9 and she was still pleased! Still no idea on the immunes... But that's NHS for you:)
love to all!

I don't know what dose, he mentioned 75 menopur one day then 150 another day and so on i think.... He reckons it might improve quality of eggs but perhaps slightly less i duno. I posted a seperate thread to see if anyone had done this before but no one really came back to me so I'll have to try and do more research to see if I think it's right. I mean it's a lot of money and I do trust him but I feel like perhaps they should have put me on it before... 11 eggs isn't as great as lots of girls on here, some got lots and could freeze etc my egg quality was poor apart from the 2 put in :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->