IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Almost forgot, here is a pic of the tree dh put up in the nursery last week. I think it came out perfect:

217464_10151423369117963_1536633348_n.jpg

Wow that looks awesome Want!

Thx Whisper. It's something DH really wanted to do for the nursery. I didn't let him paint it on(which is what he really wanted to do) so he must of looked at about a hundred tree decals before finding the right one from his vision.

@Want, that tree in your nursery is very pretty!! I really like it a lot!! :winkwink: I am so glad you got to enjoy your baby shower and that it was fun!! :thumbup: I can relate to the swollen feet and not being able to stay on them too long since I feel the same way right now!!! :dohh:

DH & I are in the final stages of decorating our nursery also and we are putting up the tree wall decals we bought, curtains and other wall hangings, so once it gets done I will have to post pictures so you girls can see.

AFM, I did an update in my journal yesterday about how my OB appointment went yesterday if anyone wants to take a peek here is a link to it.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...3-years-lttc-next-ob-appoint-05-03-a-116.html

I did a bump shot yesterday as well and here are the pics.....

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC00286-Copy_zps3cffa8f2.jpg

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/DSC00283-Copy_zps3c2d2faf.jpg

Want I'm so happy you had a great shower. I also love the tree it looks amazing. Hopefully you got most of the stuff you needed at the shower and you don't need to buy much. It does feel surreal! Good luck on your appointment today and let us know how it went. Happy 31 weeks!:happydance:

Wanna lovely bump pictures! I hope everything goes well on your next cervix check.

Happy 31 weeks whisper!:happydance:

AFM, I ended up in the hospital on Friday with contractions!:shrug: Everything was fine and babies are doing well. Now I know what contractions feel like. My shower was wonderful the snow cone machine was a success. I got tons of clothes, a double stroller, 4 bouncers. I'm waiting for the bedding to come in so I can take a picture and post it. Now I'm on weekly doctor visits. I'm getting more tired as the days go by but luckly no swallen feet! Just my fingers get numb. The doctor said I'm measuring big and I do have an u/s this wednesday to find out the babies weight. We are getting so close to the end I'm getting really excited and nervous at the same time.

Have a great week everyone!

Here is a pic of my cake!

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/lovelpadriana/image-1_zps81e40695.jpg

@Happy, Thanks for the compliment on my bump!! :flower: I am so glad that your baby shower was a lot of fun and that you got a lot of nice gifts!!! :thumbup: I love your baby shower cake!! It is super cute!! :winkwink: Sorry about the contractions!! Big hugs to you!!! :hugs::hugs: I am glad that everything was okay despite having that scare. Was it Braxton hicks maybe? I hope that anymore contractions stay away now and that your babies keep cooking for a lot longer!! :hugs::hugs:

That's what I thought at first but they told me no they were contractions but they were far apart and not to worry about it unless I get them every 15-20 minutes for two hours. I just want to keep these babies cooking for as long as possible.

Happy - Sorry about that scare with the contractions! :hugs: I've had some braxton-hicks contractions, but those probably don't compare with the intensity of the real thing. Can't say I'm looking forward to real contractions. :wacko: Glad to hear everything is ok and that your shower was awesome. Adorable cake - whoever made that is very creative.

Wanna - cute pics! Hope you are still taking it easy and staying off your feet as much as possible. :hugs:

AFM - I went to some yard sales with my mom and sister on Saturday and got some awesome baby stuff. There are certain things I will buy new i.e. car seats and such, but there are a lot of things we can save a ton of money buying used. We got a new condition baby swing, high chair, Boppy pillow, and baby bath from a neighbor for a grand total of $24! :happydance: So excited. My SIL is sending us a bassinet that should be here in a few days. I'm happy to be checking a few items off my list. I'm still feeling pretty good and still no restrictions from my doctor. My feet did swell up more than ever yesterday. Not a big fan of that. I'm not wearing my wedding ring anymore because I'm worried that if my hands start swelling, I won't be able to get it off! We are coming to the home stretch ladies. I agree with Happy - nervous and excited at the same time!

Cute bump pic wanna!

Sorry about your scare Happy, but glad everything is OK ;) CUTE cake and glad the shower went well! I have had braxton hicks, they are uncomfortable, but definitely nothing like the real thing. I remember with DS, I woke up that morning and it felt like my AF was coming, with really bad cramping! It was not fun.

Whisper - GREAT deal on the baby stuff, $24 WOW! That is awesome. Glad things are going well. You girls are almost there ;)

I had my glucose test yesterday; it sucked! The stuff we have to drink, NASTY and it made me feel very crappy the rest of the day. Just glad that is over with. I am measuring right on track; 18 pounds gained so far, not sure how I managed that as my appetite lately has decreased tremendously! I actually have to force myself to eat lately.

Hope everyone else is good!

Whisper those are some great sales! I know what you mean about your fingers! Mine feel really chubby!

Michelle I'm glad everything is right on track! I can't believe you are almost 26 weeks! I hate the glucose test! 18 lbs is not bad. Are you still exercising?

I hope everyone else is doing well.

@Whisper, That is so awesome that you got some really great must haves for baby really cheap!!! It is always great to be able to save some $$ when possible. :thumbup: I found some really great gently used things at a couple of really big consignment sales that were in my area, and I know it saved us a lot of money, especially with twins coming!! :winkwink:

@Michelle, sorry that the glucose test made you sick. :hugs::hugs: Do you know if you passed it yet? Fingers crossed that you did. I had to do it early in my pregnancy because I am over weight and I passed it the first time. I haven't done the next one yet though, although I imagine it will be coming up soon, unless the twins come before I get to the test. You are doing good with your weight gain so far. :thumbup:

I am fluctuating between 13 to 15 pounds. I get up to 15 pounds weight gain and then I loose 1 to 2 pounds right after. I think the twins are using up a lot of my calories lately because I think that I have been eating plenty of food lately. Another thing I read is that where we are in our pregnancies we need to make sure we are eating plenty of calcium because the babies need it to grow and strengthen their bones. If you don't get enough calcium in your diet then the babies can steal it from your bones and you can get osteoporosis down the road. I am an ice cream addict and I have been eating a lot of that lately so that is a good thing I suppose. :winkwink:

Hello all!

@Michelle, so sorry the test made you feel bad. Reba just had to do hers today and said about how bad it tasted. I hope it doesn't make her feel sick, too.

@Wanna, cute bump pic! Glad everything is moving along for you.

@Happy, sorry about the contractions, but glad everything is going okay. This is really exciting how close everybody is getting.

@Want, that tree does look nice. I am going to see if I can find some decals later this month. It really is a great idea and I'm a lousy artist, so that's the best solution for people like me.

@Whisper, I'm glad you saved some $. Like you, I'm getting some stuff new, but I have a really good friend who has been hitting thrift stores for me and finding clothes. Most of those things have hardly been used at all, so it's going to be saving me a bunch of $.

More details in my diary, but Reba had her monthly appointment today, and all great! HB @ 140, belly @27. Really getting revved up for this thing!

Happy - I am still excerising :) I go about 3 days a week now and still bowl on Sundays.

wanna - I believe I have passed; they said no news is good news and should hear within 48 hours. Well 48 hours has passed now and nothing ;) Oh and I have been eating ice cream too ;) With the warmer weather its been great.

Awesome appt Chase! Sounds like things are on track with Reba too!! It is going to go so fast now ;)

Hey everybody - just a quick question. My ankles and feet have been extra swollen the past couple of days. My right side tends to swell more than the left. I have also felt kind of icky yesterday and today; like kind of nauseous and sour stomach. Plus I had more Braxton hicks contractions last night than usual. Should I be worried? I don't want to freak about normal pregnancy symptoms, but I also don't want to miss something important. :shrug:

Whisper - My suggestions would be to try and lay down on your left side, drink some water and see if it helps. If it gets worse or you are worried, call your OB! That is what they are there for and like you said, you don't want to dismiss it for nothing ;) I have read about the difference between braxton hicks and contractions that are real; the BH will make you uncomfortable, but not hurt and they are not close together. I have had a few of them; I feel like I cannot breath and my stomach gets really hard/tight. The real ones, at least from what I remember from DS, felt like BAD AF cramping and it never let up! I knew something wasn't right. Also with the swelling, I haven't had any of that nor with DS, but drink water and try to put your feet up and take it easy ;)

Thanks Michelle that helps. I did have some cramps last night that felt just like AF. I'm not sure if I just got a bit dehydrated again or what. I guess I will put in a call to my OB. It is just so confusing trying to figure out what is going with my body right now! :shrug:

@Whisper, I also agree with Michelle's advice about laying on your side and drinking plenty of fluids, if you get dehydrated it can cause contractions. Get plenty of rest and take it easy. You can see if that helps at all but I also think you should give your OB a call and explain what is going on.

Have you had high blood pressure during this pregnancy? The swelling you are having makes me wonder if you might have preeclampsia? I am not trying to scare you but it can be dangerous if it isn't caught early. Plus you are pregnant with twins so you need to be extra careful. It is hard to know if your contractions are false or the real deal. Plus they can look and make sure you aren't dilated at all. You definatly should call your OB to see what they say. They will most likely want you to go into the hospital to be monitored, they can monitor you for contractions and monitor your blood pressure to make sure that everything is okay. :hugs::hugs: Don't worry about being mistaken about what is going on. It is hard to know for sure what is going on with our bodies right now. It is always better to be safe then sorry. I have been to the hospital twice and everything turned out okay, but no one thought it was not the right thing to do based on the symptoms that I was having and the nurses were very nice. Plus you know what is normal for you in the pregnancy, so if you are feeling things that aren't normal for you then talk to your OB, and I am going to assume they will send you into the hospital to be monitored. Good luck hun. I hope you feel better and that the twins can keep cooking longer. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Michelle that helps. I did have some cramps last night that felt just like AF. I'm not sure if I just got a bit dehydrated again or what. I guess I will put in a call to my OB. It is just so confusing trying to figure out what is going with my body right now! :shrug:

I didn't know this at first but cramps can actually be contractions hun. I found this out because I was having cramps, and plus my cervix is really short, so the DR sent me to the hospital to have my cervix checked and to be monitored for contractions. I didn't think cramps could be contractions but they can feel like that, so I just wanted to give you a heads up. :hugs::hugs: Luckily I wasn't dilated and I wasn't having contractions. My cervix was irritable from being dehydrated, and they ended up giving me a bag of IV fluids to keep my hydrated and once that happened my cervix calmed right down.

Thanks for the hugs and advice Wanna. I have just been feeling so confused about what my body is doing right now. I did call my OB and they had me do an at-home bp check (I have a cuff at home). They do sound a bit worried about preeclampsia, though my numbers were ok. I have to go in tomorrow to see my OB, do some urine tests, and have another bp check. They said to go straight to labor and delivery if I get persistent headache, changes in vision, more cramping, or pain or redness in my legs. My OB also told me to go on liquids only last night to see if that minimized the nausea and to get me fully hydrated. I am feeling better today, though not 100%. FX I don't have any more of those symptoms today....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->