IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Today's Labs

Beta #1 = 177
Beta #2 = 507.7
Estrogen = 1,428
Progesterone = 43.61

Great results, Boopin!

I just heard from my doctor a little while ago. By my estimate, I'm about 5 weeks today. My results are high enough that she says I don't need to repeat them on Monday.

hcg 3136
progesterone 26

I was advised to schedule an appointment to see the heartbeat towards the end of the week after this upcoming one. I'll be nervous after what happened the last time, but I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

Klik - Thanks! :hugs: I hope your bleeding/spotting ends soon and that you are able to find a doctor in Australia for your saline sonogram.

Disney, Your results are great, too!! I'm about a week behind you. KMFX for the both of us!! :hugs:

Wow wow wow!!! Big things happening on this thread!

Boopin those are wonderful numbers! Are they doing a 3rd beta or are you waiting on a scan now? I know you're hesitant to celebrate just yet but I'm so excited for you! :happydance:

Disney I always hear these stories about women who get pregnant on a break from trying or while on vacation but I've never really known anyone who it's happened to first hand. I'm SO happy it got to be you! Those are amazing numbers! But I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Klik- haven't packed a thing yet lol. We decided to just enjoy this weekend as we had a concert last night & this afternoon, and then the dreaded moving process begins. Circus class sounds fantastic. I'm with you on dog walking though. That's my plan to try & lose 10 lbs before January cycle because ahem I've let myself go a bit ;)

Aster- thinking of you today & hoping everything goes well!

AFM, we signed the lease yesterday, so it's on! After a second look I like the place even more, and our landlord has been doing a bunch of repairs & updates while it's vacant. I wish I could just Harry Potter my way in there with a wand but tbh I'm kind of looking forward to getting rid of some stuff. New year, new place, fresh start for our family :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Disney and Boopin, those are some fantastic numbers!!!!! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasounds go! Disney must be kinda cool to not have to be on any meds or anything? Or did they start you on some anyways? I know how stressful those first few ultrasounds are, especially given our histories, but try to relax :)

Scooby, glad that you've got the lease signed! I hate moving, but also love change, I love the way you're looking at it, as a fresh start for everything. :)

Klik, of course I'm going to stick around! I feel like we've all gotten really close over the past year (even if it's only in the virtual world) and I'm not ready to leave you guys anytime soon :) Your circus class sounds amazing! Definitely sounds like much more fun than just hitting the machines at the gym. Hope you find a clinic in Australia! I'm sure there are tons, maybe if you ask the question in a new thread you might find girls who live out there and can help you out :)

Thanks, Scooby! :hugs: We moved in March of last year, before we started gearing up for our 3 FETs, which began in December 2015. It's definitely a big chore, but it's nice to purge all of the things you no longer need. We eventually got to the point where it all got thrown in boxes to be dealt with upon unpacking as we started running out of time. For us, packing materials were cheapest at Home Depot. Good luck with everything!!

Amanda - It's so weird to be on NO medications right now - well, not fertility ones anyway. I need go urgent care when they open (in about an hour) because I think I have a chest infection, and I'll likely need antibiotics to make it go away. I've been coughing up green stuff since Wednesday afternoon, and the constant coughing is really starting to take a toll on my sleeping. :nope: The coughing is making me gag, too, so even though I'm not nauseous, I keep throwing up.

Wow Disney! That came from nowhere! What fantastic news, I'm soooo happy for you :happydance:

Great numbers boopin :happydance:

So glad you're move is progressing as well Scoobt :thumbup:

I've had a pretty tense weekend worrying about my embryos. They called today to say they are all growing well and they want to wait for a 5 day transfer. So I'm hoping and praying that there is at least one good blast left on Tuesday. Until then I am just trying to distract myself. I have a week off work so am going to do some painting, get the Xmas tree and shop. Come on my 3 precious embryos, make this Christmas the best ever :xmas16:

Good luck, Aster!! I'm praying for your embies to continue thriving! :dust:

My RE suggested I may need antibiotics last night and to check in with my regular doctor, but the urgent care doctor I saw today prefers I wait it out and take no medication due to the pregnancy, so I'm resting today. I think I'm coughing less, which is a good sign.

hi all!

my, MY, what one misses in just a couple of days!!! CONGRATS, Disney!!! what a wonderful surprise!!! my jaw dropped when I read your update!! Those numbers are incredible too. I could not be happier!

boopin - your numbers are on the mark too!! What happy news for us before the holidays!

now we can wrap up the end of the year with one more BFP from Aster! I'm glad all 3 are doing well - you'll def have at least one to transfer for tomorrow. FX'ed!!!

klik - your classes sound so fun! the saline sono, not so much but that's because I have an uncooperative cervix. My mock cycle/biopsy is going to be along the same lines - can't wait. Ugh. I hope your cervix is less stubborn than mine!

scooby - I'm so glad you like your rental even more now! is it a house or apartment? I thought you had said house at one point. I like change and purging stuff too - it's exciting getting to know a new place.

Nothing new here - had a wonderful weekend with DH by ourselves (FIL is away on vacation) and got to spend a lot of QT with his/our dog since I'm primary caretaker when he's away. She and I have a bond she doesn't have with him or my husband, so we have fun when there's no one else around. :)
We got our tree, went to lunch, made some dinner while decorating the house, had some fires in the fireplace, wine...just a great weekend. :) So yes, I'm enjoying my pseudo-break!! :)

Boopin: those are all GREAT numbers! :happydance: I really hope this is your THB!!! :dust:

Disneyfan: Your numbers are incredibly encouraging, and that's so amazing you don't even need PIO! Very happy for you there... :thumbup: so sorry you are feeling so ill... I know what you mean, when the coughing is so deep it makes you gag--I'm so sorry it's been making you throw up... :hugs: I hope you really are on the mend, and feel better soon...

Scooby: well done on just taking the weekend off! Harry Pottering would be nice, but... I hope you are able to just get it over with, and then... indeed, new year, new home, and hopefully, hopefully, new baby! :dust:

Amanda: that's a great idea! I'll totally start a new thread, once DP and I have a better idea of where in that humongous country we're going to be! :wacko: Thanks! :hugs:

Asterimou: so glad your little precious ones are all growing strong! I really hope they all make it to Tuesday, but, most of all, I hope the one that will eventually become your THB is there among them, and that you get it transferred on Tuesday! I'm with Wish--waiting for you to round up the year with one more BFP!!! :dust:

Wish: Oh, I remember about your uncooperative cervix... The only time I've ever met my NY RE in person, it was to do a mock transfer, and that was... a very painful 2 minutes! :haha: I think it's like the real transfer, where a full bladder helps... anyway, I hope either your cervix is more cooperative or you get the super-competent practitioner right away this time! Also, awesome about the tree and fires and wine! :xmas9: Well done on enjoying the pseudo-break!

AFM: My spotting is less than before, I think... Just hoping it goes away by the time we're in New Zealand, so we can swim and dive and snorkel and hike and BD to our heart's content... Leaving on Saturday, and so far we've planned... oh, about 10% of the trip? :haha: Right, back to work, klik!

Hi ladies. There was only one left and it was a morula. It did seem to start hatching just before they put it in but I'm obviously a bit disappointed they weren't blasts. So, I have this one chance inside me and am officially PUPO.

I didn't mean hatching, I meant the cavity started forming.

aster - Happy PUPO Day!! one is all you need!! my fingers and toes are so crossed for you!! come on, little one - nuzzle on in there!

klik - are you going for a vacation or moving? I'm sure you said this, I have the worst memory and no time to go back and research! It def sounds like a vacation to NZ but didn't know if you were moving to Oz. Either way, sounds so magical!!

Aster, exactly what wish said, all you need is one! Doesn't matter if it wasn't a blast yet, especially if you say it was starting to get there! Think positive Hun! We're rooting for you! :dust:

Aster - Congrats on being officially PUPO!! I'll echo the other ladies' sentiments - all you need is one! :hugs: I've read plenty of success stories on here about successes with morulas. Praying for the little guy to nestle in and grow! :hugs:

Hey, Asterimou, how are you feeling about all this? :hugs: Cavitating is good--let's hope it keeps developing at whatever pace it needs! I'm sorry you lost the other two, my dear, and I imagine you must be worried about this one, but it clearly is a little survivor... When is OTD? Are you POAS or doing a blood test? I don't know what Lister does... Either way, I hope the result is the best holiday gift ever... Best, best, best of luck! :dust:

Wish: no, sorry, Scooby is moving! I'm going on holiday in NZ and Australia. DP is from Australia originally, and he's got family there, so it's not quite the romantic just-the-two-of-us type thing I was really hoping for, but we'll have a good number of days where it is in fact like that. I really wanted to end on a quiet island with white sand and coral, but instead we're ending in a tacky tourist trap with DP's brother and SIL--how I get myself in these situations, I will never know! :wacko: Still, it's ridiculous of me to complain. About half of it will be the stuff of a dream holiday. In Brazil, they call that complaining on a full stomach.

Amanda, Disneyfan, Boopin: :hugs: to our resident pregnant ladies!

I took an OPK today for the first time and got hugely excited to see it give me an emphatic YES. Then I POAS just to be sure and sure enough, it's still showing me very pregnant. Patience, klik, patience... :coffee:

Hi Klik, I'm feeling okay about it. I'm doing my best to be positive but I must say it has stopped me getting my hopes up. If it had been 2 blasts transferred I'd be feeling a lot more upbeat. I guess this third round confirms that my DH and I both have issues which result in few strong embryos. This one inside me may just be slow and so could be the golden one:thumbup: If it isn't then I think we need to admit we either stop or look to donor egg/sperm. I really admire all you ladies but I don't think I have any more cycles in me. I found this one the hardest of all. I've talked to DH and I think we just want to move on after this one, whatever the outcome. So.....I'm just trying to put future thoughts out my head until I know. I'm talking to my little one and cheering it on, hoping with all my heart this is my ⭐️

I think I will test 6dp5dt, which is Monday. If negative then I'll still have a glimmer of hope and test again 9dp which is next Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->