IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hello ladies,

I have my number in, can I get a drum roll.......1st Beta is 1,695 :wacko: crazy numbers right? But I feel blessed and happy that they are up!!!

Holy moly that's a nice number! Congrats again bright!

brighteyez - thank you. And CONGRATS on your numbers omg!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO

Thank you girls for the reality check. 9dpo, what am I thinking? Wishful thinking.
So happy for everyone. Bright - WOW on that beta!! Twinnies!! ;)

Hey ladies! Question for you. I just stopped my bc pills this morning. They told me to come in the day after I get my period or start spotting for my base line ultrasound. I technically just wiped tonight (930pm) & had some light spotting. Do you think I should go in tomorrow or should I be waiting until Wednesday morning?

Thank you girls for the reality check. 9dpo, what am I thinking? Wishful thinking.
So happy for everyone. Bright - WOW on that beta!! Twinnies!! ;)

Thank you Wish!!! I am so happy:happydance: Twins would be nice

It's hard keeping up on your cell phone srry if I missed some things:-(.

Bright- Congrats those numbers are really high! Sounds like double the fun!

Baby dreams- Sounds like your period is starting but idk if they would classify today as day one if it becomes full or tomorrow. I would definitely call the Clinic in the morning and get clarification! Good luck on your baseline. I had my today, well being cycling together yay! I had my first injections tonight I stalled my Husband for like 15 min. I wasn't ready for them, I kept telling myself 1 step closer to your baby!

Question? How do you ladies work and give yourself these injections ? Do you just have a work friend give them to you? Lost? Idk if I feel like sharing with anyone. Any advice?

Baby dreams- Sounds like your period is starting but idk if they would classify today as day one if it becomes full or tomorrow. I would definitely call the Clinic in the morning and get clarification! Good luck on your baseline. I had my today, well being cycling together yay! I had my first injections tonight I stalled my Husband for like 15 min. I wasn't ready for them, I kept telling myself 1 step closer to your baby!

Question? How do you ladies work and give yourself these injections ? Do you just have a work friend give them to you? Lost? Idk if I feel like sharing with anyone. Any advice?

Hi Hazel - all my injections are in the morning before work or at night. I administered all the stimming injections myself before work and at night my husband gives the Progesterone shot since it needs to be intermuscular.

Hi Hazel - all my injections are in the morning before work or at night. I administered all the stimming injections myself before work and at night my husband gives the Progesterone shot since it needs to be intermuscular.

TeeinAz- Wow! How did you get the courage! I'm so scared to, I thought I was going to be able to have my husband do them in the morning but I got the call lastnight to start, so I'll be getting injections at night and I work evenings ugh! I'm going to have to pray for strength:-(. Pray for me please

Hello ladies,

I have my number in, can I get a drum roll.......1st Beta is 1,695 :wacko: crazy numbers right? But I feel blessed and happy that they are up!!!

Wow! Great beta!! How many days post transfer was your beta done?

Hey ladies! Question for you. I just stopped my bc pills this morning. They told me to come in the day after I get my period or start spotting for my base line ultrasound. I technically just wiped tonight (930pm) & had some light spotting. Do you think I should go in tomorrow or should I be waiting until Wednesday morning?

It sounds like the very early start of your period. It doesn't hurt to call your doctors office this morning to see what they say. Good luck!

My injections were always once a day when I was stimming. I did the shots in my belly myself. My doctors office showed me how to combine everything into a single shot, so it was always just one per night except for when I added the trigger - I think I still did that one separately. My husband was in charge of my PIO shots since I can't reach my backside, and I didn't want to do it in the leg. He will be doing them for me again (startung a week from Friday, I think). Are your shots subcutaneous (in the belly) or intramuscular?

Hello ladies,

Wow! Great beta!! How many days post transfer was your beta done?

It sounds like the very early start of your period. It doesn't hurt to call your doctors office this morning to see what they say. Good luck!

My injections were always once a day when I was stimming. I did the shots in my belly myself. My doctors office showed me how to combine everything into a single shot, so it was always just one per night except for when I added the trigger - I think I still did that one separately. My husband was in charge of my PIO shots since I can't reach my backside, and I didn't want to do it in the leg. He will be doing them for me again (startung a week from Friday, I think). Are your shots subcutaneous (in the belly) or intramuscular?

Thank you! My beta was done 13dp5dfet.

ahhh Bright - then maybe not twinnies, that's probably where you should be at that date? Who knows though!!!

hazel - I gave myself my shots in the belly and they were between 7-9am and pm. If I were you, I'd just give them to myself in the bathroom or something? I've had quite a few bathroom shot-givings over the past 2 cycles!! at concerts, after early morning flights in an airport....you do what you gotta do, right?? :haha:

baby - I asked that question a long time ago - when is considered Day 1 - and my office told me not to count any day that you don't have full flow before noon. So I'd count today as Day 1 if you got full flow this morning. Sorry, little late to the game on this one! :)

Hazel - if you pinch a big enough chunk of skin on your belly just to the side of your belly button, you can barely feel a thing. I promise. The only thing you may feel is a slight burn from the meds. I was scared to death the first time but, it's amazing what you can do when you have to. Good luck!!!! :hugs:

Hazel - if you pinch a big enough chunk of skin on your belly just to the side of your belly button, you can barely feel a thing. I promise. The only thing you may feel is a slight burn from the meds. I was scared to death the first time but, it's amazing what you can do when you have to. Good luck!!!! :hugs:

I agree with this. Also, before I did my injections, I briefly applied ice to the injection spot, and I injected very slowly to minimize the burning sensation from the meds. The first time was the hardest to do mentally, but once I finally worked up the courage to push the needle through my skin, I found that it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Best of luck! :hugs:

I agree with this. Also, before I did my injections, I briefly applied ice to the injection spot, and I injected very slowly to minimize the burning sensation from the meds. The first time was the hardest to do mentally, but once I finally worked up the courage to push the needle through my skin, I found that it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Best of luck! :hugs:

TeeinAz- Great advice! I'm learning now through this journey I'm Wat more capable and stronger than I think:).

Disney- I'm doing Sub-Q now and my follistim is a pin so I don't think you can combine them :-(. I'll have to try the ice thing especially at work when I don't have him. The Follistim isn't to bad but the Menopur burns the 2nd time it burned more then the 1st. I know you guys probably think I'm being a baby but It's not fun :-(. (It is afterwards knowing I got through it). I know the lord never gives us what we can't handle, he sure does have high expectations lol.

Wish- I know I'm going to have to sneak in the bathroom on lunch and close my eyes and poke

Does anyone get headaches? Does it mean I need to drink more water? I went to the grocery store and got a lot of protein goodies,avacado,and Zero I think it's called it's filled with electrolytes

TeeinAz- Great advice! I'm learning now through this journey I'm Wat more capable and stronger than I think:).

Disney- I'm doing Sub-Q now and my follistim is a pin so I don't think you can combine them :-(. I'll have to try the ice thing especially at work when I don't have him. The Follistim isn't to bad but the Menopur burns the 2nd time it burned more then the 1st. I know you guys probably think I'm being a baby but It's not fun :-(. (It is afterwards knowing I got through it). I know the lord never gives us what we can't handle, he sure does have high expectations lol.

Wish- I know I'm going to have to sneak in the bathroom on lunch and close my eyes and poke

Does anyone get headaches? Does it mean I need to drink more water? I went to the grocery store and got a lot of protein goodies,avacado,and Zero I think it's called it's filled with electrolytes

My Gonal F was in a pen. My doctors office showed me how to inject the meds from the pen into one of the vials that was then emptied into a single syringe for my injections (I'm thinking the Menopur, but it's been over 2 years since I did stimming). When it was time to add the Ganirelix, I combine that into the same syringe, too. Pushing the plunger on the syringe super slowly helps with the burning as does ice. :hugs:

I got headaches when I didn't drink enough water. The electrolytes will help -- especially after your egg retrieval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->