IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

I got my beta done this morning. At 6dp5dt, it's 22. I think that's good. We shall see what Friday's results are... Hopefully this is the start of a change in luck on this thread! :thumbup:

Hope: Thanks for the benevolent lurking--it's appreciated! Also, thanks for the update. It's understandable that you're watchful... How did the appointment go? I hope it's still going well, except now you don't have to suffer as much... :dust:

Disneyfan: I think a little bit of spotting is quite usual (not that I would know from experience!) I am really over the moon for you! Stick, little embryo, stick! :dust:

I keep cycling between being hopeful for this cycle, trying to be patient til AF gets here, and fretting over whether I should fly to NY for my appointment or whether I should do it over the phone. It's amazing how helplessness can keep one's mind so busy! :haha:

Take it one day at a time and don't lose hope! I know that you will make the best decision for yourself no matter what you choose to do! :hugs:

Hi everyone. Sorry for lack of response but I've been on holiday and was taking a bit of an IVF break. Just caught up though and I'm so happy for Disney! This could be the one.....yay. Hope it is the start of some more BFPs!

I feel fully recharged and ready for round 2. I feel like I've got to stay positive and know that what will be will be. I'll be starting the pill on my next period around mid March, will anyone be cycling then?

i think that's good too, Disney!! I second what klik says - stick little bean!!!

hope - yes, thank you for the continuous support! I hope you're just rounding into the 2nd tri a little earlier and that's all the fading symptoms mean. Or they really just mean nothing and the little one is giving you a breather!

aster - welcome back! did you go anywhere fun for holiday? I am going to be cycling in March (hopefully).

klik - hang in there, hon! yes, an idle mind is the devil's playground, as they say! Try to unwind your thoughts and go with the flow as much as you can. I'd suggest maybe do a phone consult first and if you're not satisfied with that and feel that more could be achieved in person, then take that step.

afm - waiting to O here...I am really hoping the CoQ10 that I'm taking isn't holding things off. It's supposed to help but the last time I took it, I had one follicle while stimulating, after a cycle of 7. So I hope it doesn't have an inverse effect on my ovulation.

Aster - Thanks!! Next beta is in the morning, and I should be getting the results in the afternoon. I took additional tests yesterday and today, and I didn't notice the lines getting any darker. I'm choosing to stay positive and not dwell on that. It's still pretty early, and I'm focusing all of my positive energy on our little girl hanging in there! I'm glad that you were able to get away and take some time for yourself. I'll be here rooting for you on your next cycle! :dust:

Wish - Thanks so much! I took CoQ10 leading up to both of my egg retrievals. I can't remember if my doctor said that they should help with quality or quantity (I had low ovarian reserve), but she indicated that it should help me. I only got 5 eggs the first time and 6 the second time, but my fertilization rate was really good (4 and 6), and all but 2 made it to day 5 or 6 (when they were either transferred or frozen). I'm really rooting for you, too! I hope you ovulate soon. :hugs:

thank you for that info disney - it's supposed to help the quality. Definitely not quantity or I'd be taking these things like Pez!! I have DOR as well ;)

ok - well I'm not surging again today (cd19) - which confuses me yet i'm sorta ok with it b/c if I surged today, the calendar says I would probably have to come in for day 2 suppression scan while I'm in CA on my next work trip. If I can hold that off for another day, then I should be good to go (if I can talk them into a day 3 scan instead). They are going to be so tired of me trying to switch things around!!

thank you for that info disney - it's supposed to help the quality. Definitely not quantity or I'd be taking these things like Pez!! I have DOR as well ;)

ok - well I'm not surging again today (cd19) - which confuses me yet i'm sorta ok with it b/c if I surged today, the calendar says I would probably have to come in for day 2 suppression scan while I'm in CA on my next work trip. If I can hold that off for another day, then I should be good to go (if I can talk them into a day 3 scan instead). They are going to be so tired of me trying to switch things around!!

I'm sure that the doctors office is totally used to moving appointments around. Hopefully your timing works out well and you won't have to worry about anything while you are out of town. Coming back to Sacramento again or another area of the state?

Thanks, Disneyfan! I try to take it one day at a time but my mind likes to race ahead :winkwink: I really hope your beta is appreciably higher today... Best of luck! :dust:

Asterimou: welcome back and well done you for taking a proper break! I'll be cycling again as soon as I can, but either way I'll be around to cheer you on. :hugs:

Wish: I do crave seeing him in person, but it's disruptive, and it's stressful to think I might miss a cycle if I decide to go. I like your idea--thanks! I might do just that. Also, I've only ever heard excellent things about CoQ10--I hope it's not messing you up at all! Out of curiosity, how are you monitoring your O? With an OPK? Anyway, I hope your body is just trying to make it really easy for you by fitting into your schedule! :hugs:

disney - yep, back to Sac-town! that's where our client is. It's cool - I'm going to meet up with a friend I met on here! she lives within an hour of the city, so she's going to come meet me on that Sunday I get in, since it's a Sunday and I don't have to scramble to the client! I'm excited!

klik - I know, I've only heard good things too! Except, actually that friend I'm meeting I mention above, has had a similar result so we're suspicious. I didn't take it this morning but maybe I should and just ignore this... I need to do some research. I'm monitoring via OPKs. I was going to go in for bloods to monitor it, but since I was gone earlier this week and they wanted me to come in on Wed morning, I switched to OPKs and will just call them when I get my surge.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

klik - I second the idea of phone consult before committing to flying out. Even better would be if Dr. Davis can collaborate with your current RE so that you are monitored locally but can possibly follow whatever plan Dr. Davis wants to try. Good luck either way! :hugs:

Wish - I also live about an hour outside of Sacramento. I wish I had the availability to come out for a visit. Safe travels!!

Disneyfan: more than quadrupling! Hurraaaaay!! :happydance:

Wish: hope you've been having a great weekend too! Have you O'ed yet? Hope everything goes smoothly in your next cycle! :dust:

Thanks, klik! I'm cautiously excited. First scan is booked for March 14. Seems like an eternity from now.

How has your weekend been?

I hope everyone is doing well!

Disneyfan: indeed, March 14th seems like ages away... How are you feeling? :hugs:

AF has arrived this morning. A little disappointed that I didn't get my natural BFP but can't say I'm surprised! Scan and bloods scheduled for Wednesday, and I'm more than ready to get going again. If it's all looking good on Wednesday I'll have my Dr Davis consultation on the phone; if they cancel a third cycle in a row, I think I'll get on a plane and go see him in person. I really hope I can use this cycle!

AHHHHHH DISNEY!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: I'm so excited for you!!!! omg, 3/14 does seem like forever from now!!

yep, I o'ed on saturday. So my new conundrum - the CA trip. If I have a 10-day LP like I normally do, I'll be coming home from CA the day I'm supposed to have my cd2 scan in this protocol. I need to call them to ask if I can come in the following day but if they say it has to be day 2 b/c of the protocol....then what? Should I lie and tell them I started a day later? oy. I don't want to do that but I'm preeeetty sure my follicles will be all suppressed - since I have DOR, it's a miracle to get them stimmed as it is. It's not like I'm going to suddenly have super follicles on day 2!!

klik - we posted at the same time - I'm sorry for AF and not getting your natural BFP, i really am. I always have that niggle of hope for that miracle.
Onward and upward and Dr Davis awaits!!! You got this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->