IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Thanks, everyone! :hugs:

Klik - good luck at your scan this week! I'm praying you get good news for this cycle!! :dust:

Wish - good luck with your appointment scheduling. Hopefully you can just go in first thing in the morning on cycle day 3 with no issues! :hugs:

AFM - A bit tired, some minor spotting, and sometimes a little crampy, but I'm feeling good otherwise. I stopped testing on Friday, but I assume everything is ok. DH seemed annoyed that I was tired yesterday after chasing DD around the house all day. Forgive me for not wanting to clean the house at 8:00 at night. :dohh: Men... Lol

Wish: A conundrum indeed! Can you leave a message for your doc re. being seen only on CD3? I strongly believe that overly rigid protocols are very unhelpful, and in particular those of us who don't have time to waste need a little bit of customisation! Also, thanks for the sympathy and encouragement... It is always a loss to find out a cycle has been and gone without a BFP... I did have plenty of warning that my hormones were all wacky in the previous cycle, but still, I definitely had hope.

Disneyfan: Thanks for the encouragement! Now, shouldn't your DH be doing all the cleaning himself? You're first trimester, you should be treated like a princess! (And I don't mean Cinderella pre-Prince Charming.)

I am itching to get started! Hoping this is the one, and that my consultation w/ Dr Davis turns out to be redundant. I really, really hope I don't get cancelled again...

Klik - I know, right?! :haha: Sending you lots of positive vibes for this cycle and that this is the lucky one you've been waiting for!!! :hugs:

klik - it's so exciting that you're talking to Dr Davis soon!!! I hope this is it for you too and he's the magic bean you needed.

disney - hahaha - I assume all DH's have to go through a transition period of their DW's not being able to move for 3 months! I hope he comes around soon.

afm - just called the doc and they said it HAS to be day 2. However, she also said that AF could be delayed a little bit by the patch, so let's hope that happens! I only need it delayed by a day! I guess I'm not doing the antagonist after the patch like my instructions say to do, either. Just the patch until AF comes and then we start stimming on day 2 I believe, after I've been scanned. So, we just left it as we would see what happens. If AF arrives when I expect her to, we'll prob cancel the cycle. I'm trying to stay zen about it - it is what it is and no amount of worrying is going to change things. Maybe my acupuncture worked wonders yesterday!

Wish - I'm keeping everything crossed for you that AF comes late!!

Disneyfan: did he expect you to clean when you were pregnant with your DD? Well... whatever you did, you made it work!

Wish: Yes, I second Disneyfan: hopefully AF will be late. Does your clinic also have a noon cut-off for days? (Mine: after noon it's already considered the next day). If so, all you need is for it not to arrive in the morning... Either way, good luck!

I just came back from my scan and there's a rather large cyst in my right ovary (3x2.5). I haven't got the bloods yet, but it's not looking good for this cycle. :dohh: OTOH, I seem to have 4 follicles, so hopefully menopause is still far away. I SO hope Dr Davis can find a way to suppress these cysts that doesn't then shut me down...

Klik - I'm so sorry to hear about the cyst!! :hugs: I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that Dr. Davis will be able to offer some helpful suggestions for suppressing them or preventing them altogether. :dust: that you can still save this cycle!! :hugs: The fact that you have several follicles showing up sounds great given your worries about menopause!

As for DH, he's generally pretty great. He goes through periods where he seems grumpy towards me for no reason other than it seems he wants something cleaned late in the day (oftentimes after we get home from being at my parents' house for dinner - they live in the same neighborhood), and I'm in no mood to do housework that late in the evening. Then I get the silent treatment for the rest of the night if I tell him it can wait until the next day and don't. Other rushing to help out right. He's not exactly fanatical about cleaning, and our house isn't really messy, so it's definitely perplexing sometimes. :shrug:

ahhhh klik! why the cyst?? I hope you can get it taken care of and not have this cycle go to the wayside too, like disney said. 4 follicles is great!! no more menopause talk!

disney - HA! I thought my DH was the only one who got cranky for no reason sometimes. Last weekend I got the silent treatment basically ALL DAY b/c I didn't text to ask if he wanted me to pick something up for lunch on my way home from the gym, but I stopped at Dunkins to get myself a bagel b/c I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. it was 11 when I got out, so I didn't even think it was lunch time yet! I was just focused on finally eating bfast!! GEEZ!

thank you for the late AF wishes! I hope it happens. Hell, even if I can just not get it while on travel - such a pain in the butt. I think there is a cutoff but the last time I said I started spotting on a monday so I guess tuesday was day 1, she goes 'nope, we'll use monday as day 1'. Okayyyyy....guess she wanted to get that cycle moving. So if I start after 1, I may call and just ask that since I started after 1, can we call the next day day 1. I'd assume that's not out of line.

Men complain about women being unfathomable but really, pot: meet kettle! My DP is an agent of chaos, and terrible at picking up after himself, but he has lower tolerance for mess than I do. Go figure! So... we had to get a cleaner. Really. Otherwise I would have murdered him by now.

Disneyfan, I'm sure you are doing this anyway, but please do listen to your body! :hugs:

Wish: I have been meaning to ask: any possibility at all of a natural pregnancy this time around?!

AFM: it's confirmed: this cycle is a goner. My cyst is producing quite a lot of estrogen, which will suppress the other follies. Grrrrr! It puzzles me a little that I haven't been put on the BCP again to avoid a cyst next time around, but maybe my RE is afraid the same thing will happen that happened in my last cycle: that my ovaries will shut down. Or maybe he thinks the estrogen I'm producing will be enough to suppress any would-be cysts? Who knows. Oh, well... also, decided to take your sage advice and not fly to NY this time around. I would rather talk to Dr Davis in person, but we should probably save up our money and physical stamina for a time when I may actually be cycling in the US rather than here... :wacko:

Thanks for commiserating with me, ladies! Sometimes men can be so :shrug: but they do have their times of :hugs::flower:, too (well, no flowers for me. It's been so long I don't even remember where we keep the vases :haha:). I'm definitely listening to my body. :thumbup:

Wish - Many doctors count cycle day one as the first day of actual flow rather than spotting. Perhaps you can go by a 24 hour clock. If your cycle starts late in the day and you know you will be seen for scan/tests in the morning, maybe you can tell her that your cycle started the next day. I hope AF plays nice for once and just waits for you to return home. I know how stressful this must be for you. :hugs:

Klik - I'm so sorry to hear about your cycle being cancelled. I'm really hoping that Dr. Davis can offer up a plan for preventing those pesky cysts from showing up. I think you are making the right call on doing a phone call first. It's easy to forget stuff when you're in the moment, so be sure to write down your questions ahead of time. :hugs:

Hey guys! Congrats Disney!! So happy for you!!

I'm 14dpiui and got a BFN this morning. I'm absolutely devastated, and starting to wonder if this is ever going to work. Gotta call to make a dr's appt when they open, but I'm pretty sure it's back to IVF for us....out of pocket.

Oh, Amanda, I am so sorry to hear that! That's a real shame... I really hope IVF works for you, but in the meantime the disappointment is hard to bear, huh? I really am sorry... :hugs:

Disneyfan: Thanks! I will write everything down. I've decided to break it down into "must ask" and "nice to know" in case we run out of time! :haha: How is the tiredness going? I hope the little bean is doing well in there! :hugs:

Disneyfan, can I ask you something? I'm on a high-FSH forum and someone just asked a question about building up lining--could you just share what sort of estrogen (and how much) you were on?

oh amanda - sighhhh :nope: I'm so sorry. :hugs: out of pocket, no es bueno. I hope you get it on the first try so it's not a money-suck for you. Maybe there are studies at a university somewhere you could get into? it's a stretch but they are happening around the globe!

disney - that's the truth! DH does have his 'swoon' moments for me too. But yeah, I've only taken out vases for flowers I buy myself. :)

klik - another SIGH! what the hell, cyst! I can't wait for you to have your talk with the doc. May he be the all powerful genie we're all hoping he will be for you.

afm - yeah, I'll figure out how to run the numbers right to see if we can still make this work. I'm just hoping the estrogen patch pushes out by a day. Last AF I spotted at night and the next morning and then AF started that afternoon.
No chance at a natural this time - we didn't even try b/c I didn't know what the estrogen patch on day 7 would mean to a possible pregnancy, or the antagonists I thought I had to take the following day (which I don't). So no BD'ing.

Amanda - I'm sooo sorry. :hugs: I know you were part of a study for your last IVF cycle. Hopefully you can find another one to participate in. We paid out of pocket for our second IVF, the genetic testing, and all of our FETs, so I know what a bummer it can be. Will insurance cover any of your meds? I'm praying that your next attempt will be the one for you. Good luck! :hugs: :dust:

Klik - At first, my doctor kept me on my same medication dosage since my estrogen levels looked fine (Two 2-mg estradiol tablets in the AM and two in the PM). I had been going for weekly acupuncture, and the lady did electroacupuncture on my back, which she said would help. I ate beef with every lunch and dinner, too. After a couple of weeks, my lining was over 8 but still below the 9 that my RE wanted me at before we started progesterone and scheduled the transfer. She upped my estrace to two tablets 3x a day and had me return a few days later to check again (I finally got the go ahead!:thumbup:). I probably did the electroacupuncture 3 times through all of that. Whether or not it really helped, I'm not sure. But it definitely didn't hurt. My doctor would have eventually had me start inserting the estrace tablets vaginally if my lining was being super duper stubborn, but she said we weren't yet at the point of giving me a "smurf-gina" (her words :haha:).

Wish - Fingers crossed that AF takes a nap and shows up late! :hugs:

Yes, it's so funny about men and flowers and how relationships develop over time! The way the couple helps and needs each other really changes as time goes by...

Wish: thanks! I sure hope he is some sort of genie, because I certainly feel close to bursting out of my bottle!

Disneyfan: thank you so much! I will relay the info--hopefully it will help someone else.

Amanda: thinking of you... :hugs:

Thanks guys! Unfortunately it was the government that cut all funding from any IVF program run in the province, so out of luck there. At least my meds are mostly covered at 80% so that's a huge help.

I posted on this page back in Jan when i knew I was starting my FET injections. Im now in the 2ww. Everyone was very welcoming here and a recognize Disney from another thread. Im looking for fellow moms in the making to talk with and pass the time while I go crazy to test. Im 36 and delivered my first baby in 9/2015. My daughters name was Adalynn and she was born sleeping after 4 IVF and 3 FET. This is my final 4th FET. I tested negative yesterday and today, but my blood test is scheduled for Monday. Just trying to stay positive while I wait. I know if it is negative I will be a crying mess on the floor in my daughters never used nursery (wont be the first or last time). I just want to cry now I am such an emotional mess for more reason then one. Im praying so hard and just need God to bring me faith, hope, comfort and patience....a positive pregnancy test and a live baby to bring home would be nice too.

Amanda: I'm really sorry, I found counselling and a break from it all helped. Hope you're okay.

Wish - hope the AF timing works out

Klik- I remember when they stopped my cycle for a cyst. It's so disappointing, but you will be back on a cycle before you know it. I start Buserillin on the 10th April due to work diary so maybe we will still cycle together.

Disney- hope you're enjoying the buzz :)

Adr - I really hope this is your time. You mustn't lose hope before your test date as all this worrying may be for nothing. It's so hard I know but try and hang in there.

Amanda, very glad the meds at least are mostly covered. Real shame about the government cuts... :hugs:

Adr, I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm very sorry your tests have been negative so far... Who knows, maybe Monday it will look different--sometimes it does take a little while for the embryos to stick and start making beta... I hope yours does! Please stay strong and look after yourself! :hugs:

Asterimou: After 3 cancellations in a row I'm not sure I'll be cycling ever again! :wacko: Ok, that's being a bit dramatic... I really hope we do get to cycle together--I'd welcome the excellent company. :flower:

Asterimou, I definitely think it's time for me to look into counselling. I feel like I don't know how to deal with this anymore.

Klik, I can't imagine what 3 failed cycles is like. I feel for you hun! Hang in there though! I also think we are TOTALLy allowed to be dramatic at this point hehe.

ADR, I'm hoping for you!! And sending tons of hugs your way!!

I've got my Dr's appointment this afternoon. Will see when we can get this next cycle going!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->