IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Yayyy!! That's wonderful news Disney!!
https://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10400000/-Hugs-From-Marie-classic-disney-10441433-300-300.gif

Klik - hi mama! Glad to hear your scan went well!

Boopin- I feel huge! All belly and boobs though, so I can't complain. Halfway there, starting to feel kicks/flutters daily now.

Happy birthday Amanda!!

Disney- enjoy your vacay!!!

Happy birthday Amanda, fixed you'll have a bubba for your next birthday :winkwink:

Klik: glad no cysts. The time will fly I'm sure.

Disney: definitely relax and enjoy your holiday, you'll be ready and energised when you get back :winkwink:

I get report on embies tomorrow so am nervous tonight, let there be some good quality ones there!

hi girls! popping in to say hi!

aster - great counts!! I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

hope - fat and fabulous ;) love it!

klik - so glad you're good to go for this cycle! exciting things coming <3

disney - wahoooo for resetting bodies and upcoming disney vacations! have an absolute ball!

amanda - happy birthday! :cake:

boopin - so happy for you to get started again too! 2 ladies at the same time - go girls!

Thanks Wish!! Nice to hear from you. Sending you lots of hugs my friend!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! Hubby taking me out for wine and sushi tonight :)

So I've got 3 embies that a growing well and 3 that are a bit slow. Booked in for a morning transfer on Saturday. I'm particularly nervous about this bit as they all fractured last time. I just want one in the womb and one in the freezer, and that they are both good grades. This is so stressful!

Boopin: thanks! How are you doing with your medication?

Disneyfan: good luck on Tuesday! And hurray on not having to think about this at all during your vacation! :happydance:

Hope: so cool about the kicks and flutters!! :thumbup:

Asterimou: 3 growing well sounds good already... hopefully the slow ones will catch up! Oooh, best of luck on Saturday--will you get an update tomorrow or is this the last one?! Good luck!! :dust:

Wish: hey! have you had your DE meeting yet? How have you been doing? I hope the break from too much TTC thinking has done you wonders! :hugs:

Amanda: how were the wine and sushi? I hope you had a lovely time! :hugs:

klik - Medications are going good. I take low dose aspirin and lupron daily. And plenty of vitamins. I'll start estrogen injections on Friday. Things are moving fast. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. xx

Aster, that's great! 3 growing well is good, and yeah, the other 3 can catch up! Here's hoping! :dust:

Boopin', So exciting to be moving forward!

Wish, How nice to hear from you! Hope you are doing well :)

Klik, the wine and sushi was amazing! I had a great day yesterday.

Hope and Disney, hope you are doing well :)

I had my second appointment with the psychologist this morning, and it went well. Felt like we were able to get a little deeper into everything, as last time she was just getting to know me. Feel much better after talking to her than before.

Glad to hear counselling is making you feel a bit better Amanda.

Klik-I have no more reports, just turn up on Saturday morning and see what we have :wacko:

I wanted to share a couple of affirmations I've been using whenever those negative thoughts sneek in. You gals may find them useful too:

I put my faith and trust into the power of creation within my body. May I be a vessel to bring my baby into being.

I am doing everything I can to ensure that I am in the healthiest place physically and mentally for this IVF. I inhale peace and exhale stress.

Hope - Enjoy those kicks and flutters. <3

Wish - Thanks for popping in! I hope you are doing well. :hugs:

Aster - Hang in there. Saturday will be here before you know is. :dust: to the strong embies to keep thriving, and more :dust: for the slower ones to catch up for you. :hugs: Wonderful affirmations! :thumbup:

Amanda - I'm glad that you are finding your sessions helpful. :hugs::hugs:

Klik & Boopin - I hope things continue to go well on your end.

I have my hysteroscopy scheduled at the surgery center for 1:00 pm next Tuesday. I assume no eating after midnight the night before again. It's going to be a long day!

DD has a cough and has been feeling miserable tonight. I feel so bad for the poor kid because I can tell she most likely has a sore throat by now. I need to find out from my doctor if I will need to push my hysteroscopy off until the next cycle in the event that I end up with whatever is ailing my DD (knock on wood!). She hasn't been in daycare yet, so she's only really been sick just once or twice before. I think she may still be too young for any medication. I really hate to see her suffer. :nope:

hello hello!

amanda - I'm so happy that your counselling is going well. And that your yummy sushi and wine hit the spot! how could it not?

aster - Grow, embies, GROW!!! You'll do so great tomorrow - good luck!

disney - ugh, poor DD. I hate when you can tell their little throats are getting chafed. Good luck at your hysteroscopy next week - I hope you don't have to push it off.

klik - yep, we had our DE discussion with the doc the other day, which wasn't really enlightening. She definitely recommends it over continuing IVF with my own eggs. Now we just need to talk to the financial coordinator to see how much fresh vs frozen usually costs. Fresh will cost a lot more but we'd probably have more chances (if she produces 20 eggs or whatnot). Frozen would be cheaper but we'd only get 6 eggs. But they'd already be from someone who was screened and went through IVF, so we wouldn't have to pay for all that. Being that we are OOP for meds right now, this is a huge consideration b/c if we go fresh, we have to pay for not only all of the testing and screening the donor goes through, but her IVF cycle (meds and all). PLUS my meds to sync up with her cycle. So financially, we have a lot to consider. And if we could just use this money towards an adoption, perhaps that's the way we'll go. More to come!!

So much to think about Wish!! Obviously each has their pros and cons, and money is always an issue eh? Hopefully you guys are able to come to a decision that works best for you!

Disney, sorry to hear about DD. Never fun when the little ones are sick. FX'd you don't get it and your hysteroscopy goes well!

Disney - I hope your baby girl gets well soon. Sending your sweet daughter comforting hugs. :hugs:

Aster - Thinking of you & embies. Praying that you get your 2 blastocysts!! :dust:
I <3 the affirmations!! I recently downloaded inspirational quotes as wallpaper on my cell phone. :laugh2:

Have a blessed weekend ladies!! :flow: xoxo

Thanks, ladies. My doctor indicated that we can decide as late as the night before the scheduled procedure if we want to go ahead and do it on Tuesday. DD seems to be ok today. Still coughing, but her temperament seems ok.

Wish - Lots to think about. I wish you the best as you sort through your options. Whatever decision you make will be the perfect one for your family. :hugs:

So they ended up putting 2,day 5 morulas, in because they didn't develop as quickly as hoped so I have more chance with 2. That's it now, none in the freezer so praying one of these sticks! I'm gutted there were no blasts, does anyone have some morula transfer success stories to perk me up?

Asterimou: I was recently looking at the relationship between blastocyst grading and success and, basically, there's virtually no organised data about it... when I did that, though, I read an embryologist saying that there is in fact success with transfers of day-5 morulas, as well as failure with high-grade blasts, so grading blastocysts is clearly pretty inaccurate. Point being: there is success with morulas! And 2 of them, too! Hopefully they just needed to get into the womb so they could start developing into blasts! I wish you all the luck!!! :dust: It's going to be a tough 2ww, I would think... When do you test? I wish you much patience and the very best of luck!

Boopin: I'm liking my life much better now that there's at least some estrogen in it again. I really hate the downregulation! Glad you got to start on the estrogen now!

Disneyfan: so glad your DD is feeling better in herself, even if she's still coughing... I hope you don't catch it, and can have the hysteroscopy behind you when you go to Disneyland!

Wish: wow, tough decisions indeed! Makes sense to price it all. It might be that fresh costs more than twice frozen, in which case it's unlikely to be worth it! And yeah, of course, there's always adoption...

Time to walk the dog! :dog:

Aster - Congratulations, you're officially PUPO!! Wishing you all the best!! xx :dust:

Aster, I have also read that grading embies is not very reliable. Try to keep positive that all they needed was to be back in their Mama! And 2!! That's gotta improve your chances also! We are all rooting for you, and keeping our fx! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->