IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Wish: yeah, it's true, for those who really want a baby, the cost limit tends to be all of the money available to them... I love your dual approach of medicated IUI and looking into adoption. And it's funny indeed to think that this could be done in 3 months! That does seem way too short! Aw, I know whichever way you get your baby you'll be a really lovely mom! :hugs: Also, re. the apple cider thing, I've actually read that turmeric helps to suppress TNF-alpha, so I think I might go with that and avoid the stuff that actually suppresses my immune system...

Asterimou: wow, well done on getting that progesterone! We have to be on the ball all the time in this process... it's exhausting! But hey, you did it!!! :thumbup: :hugs:

Amanda: thank you sooooo much for sharing, that really really helps! It just makes me think, though, "you know what, if so many of us have some out-of-range numbers, maybe I should just leave it..." I'll see what my blood test results are today (liver function, blood sugar) and then decide...

Disneyfan: I've been navel-gazing so much I totally forgot your hysteroscopy was yesterday! :wacko: I'm glad it went well, and I hope that removing the little bit of probable placenta that was found will help your body really get back to normal now. I suppose that could have explained your super-prolonged spotting? Anyway, sooooo nice that you get to go on holiday so soon!!! And yeah, your daughter won't have to wonder why you're not eating ice cream! :winkwink: I hope when you wake up you're rested and refreshed, and have entirely recovered from the hysteroscopy. So you didn't get the cold after all?

Hey, Boopin, how are you?! I haven't heard from adr either--I also wonder sometimes, and hope she's well!

When I was poking around my lab's website to see if I had to fast for my liver function test (yes, I did) I found out they've just introduced a Zika test! So I'm taking that too, though I've no idea what I will do if it comes out positive! :wacko: But it probably won't :)

Oh, Disneyfan, to answer your question: Dr Davis is against pre-emptive immune testing. His perspective is: all I've had is one miscarriage (common) and one failed embryo transfer (also common), so what I really need are more embryo transfers. And that's pretty convincing!

I'm with your doc, klik! Turmeric sounds like a good thing to introduce too - why not?

aster - hooooo boy, things sound really good! I was on progesterone each cycle too but my boobs ONLY hurt when I was preg. ;) So progesterone had no bearing on my boobs.

disney - YAY for vacations, and FUN ones!! I hope you guys have an incredible time in the Land of the Mouse! And then only 2 more AFs until your transfer!

Hullo Amanda & Boopin! I hope everyone is having a good hump day! :sex: ;)

Wish, it's so funny how all of our bodies are so different. My boobs hurt something fierce on progesterone, except for the cycle I was pg, then they didn't hurt. hehe

wow, that IS so weird!! yeah, progesterone, I determined, did nothing to me. All of my BFN cycles, I felt absolutely nothing! Hell, I'm feeling more right now than I did on Crinone. :)

lol omg crinone was the WORST for me!!! Nauseous, sore boobs to the point that I couldn't sleep, super depressed.....hehe PIO is actually the one that gives me the least side effects.....but still get the sore boobs.

I had sore boobs last time on the BFN cycle so that's why I'm not paying much attention to them. I didn't have cramping last time so this is a good sign for me. I'm actually feeling quite positive at the moment and am nowhere near as emotional as last time. I think I'm getting better at the what will be will be thing. I've done all I can so now it's up to these embies.

Hi ladies - sorry for the short reply today. Trying to wrap things up at work before vacation. :wacko:

Add me to the list as someone that progesterone doesn't really seem to impact. The lack of symptoms during the tww is just as unnerving as the symptoms! :dohh: :haha:

Aster - when I got my positive, I definitely felt cramping. I did not feel that during my December FET cycle (when my hcg came back at 2 on test day).

Wish: I looked up "hump day" and the first couple of hits were not safe for work! :haha:

Amanda: yeah, really weird how different everyone's body is... probably why it's so hard to get our protocols right! Also, wow, truly strange that Crinone has more side-effects than PIO (apart from, you know, residues...)

Asterimou: lovely that you're in a "que sera sera" place! But I'm sure hoping that what will be is a lovely baby in some 8+ months! :dust:

Disneyfan: Happy wrapping-up! Woohoo! :wohoo:

HAHA klik!! Sorry for the lack of warning here! here is a common reference here, it's an insurance commercial that went viral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFg-a1AJCU

aster - you know, my first time with a BFP (before I knew it), I was asking 'is a sense of comfort, peace and calm a symptom? I just felt like it was and everything was good. I truly hope that's what is happening for you.

Disney - HAVE FUN!! :ninja:

amanda - that is too funny. Nature + man-made science = weird things!

Wish: that is hilarious!

Disney: have a great holiday xx

So yesterday the cramps stopped but seem to be back this morning. Now it's getting near test date I'm not sure if I want them or not! I also feel like I may have caught my husband's cold. Just feel a little under the weather. Boobs still sore but that goes up and down also. I'm 6dp 5dt so could test but I'm going to be strong and get through the weekend. We're visiting my mother in law, who is lovely, so should be a nice weekend. I might cave when I get back Sunday evening;)

Happy Friday everyone xx

Ooooh, Wish, I love it!

Asterimou: I've heard under the weather is good, as body needs to be more receptive to embryo so immune system is naturally suppressed! :dust:

I'm having a scan today, to determine if my lining is thickening with these tons of estrogen I'm on. I'm having an early scan ostensibly to determine whether or not I'm good to start with the steroids, but I'm pretty settled on not taking them, so I'll have to deliver those news today, too, I guess... I'll let you know how it all goes!

I was going to say the same as klik, aster!! I've heard this so many times. I really hope this is it for you! Fingers crossed for Monday!!

I'm starting to loose it a bit. This morning I even felt nauseous which obviously made me happy. But now the nausea has gone and so have my sore boobs. If they hadn't been sore at all I could understand but now just stopping it has me worried. Right now all symptoms have stopped, hopefully they are just coming in waves. I have been trawling the internet and I know we are all different but this is sending me bonkers :wacko:

Klik: good luck with your scan xx

Oh Aster......I totally understand.....for the the closer it gets to test date, is when I start getting nervous. Hang in there!!!! You're almost through!! And as you said, whatever will be will be, but we are ALL rooting for ya!! fx :dust:

Hang in there, Asterimou, this is the hardest part! :hugs::hugs::hugs: We are all rooting really hard for you! :dust:

Scan good--lining almost there already (7.4) though I was really only supposed to test on Monday. So I'm guessing Monday I'll get the transfer date! Doctor also called and I told him, with trepidation, that I didn't want to do the immunes, and he said that was fine--there's no right answer, and some great clinics would say "definitely do it" and others would say "why are you ever looking at this?". So there. He didn't even bite my head off!

My boobs hurt a bit again last night and this morning. Have been a bit emotional and then heard a good friend is pregnant. I just so want to be pregnant with her. I'm going to test midday tomorrow as I just need to know. It's only half a day early. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks so much for always being there xx

Aster I'm praying that you get your bfp. Being emotional and having sore boobs are great signs. I'm wishing you luck and keeping everything crossed for you!! Stick little beans stick for your mama!! xx :dust: :dust: :dust:

klik - Congrats on your nice uterine lining!! It's getting thick & sticky for your embie. Yayyyy!! :thumbup:

Asterimou: I'm guessing transfer will be in about a week? I've never done a medicated embryo transfer before... You sure you don't want to test tomorrow first thing instead of at noon? I think first-morning urine has the highest concentration of hcg, no? Either way, whenever you test, good luck! I hope you get to be pregnant alongside your friend! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Boopin: thanks!! When is your next scan? Or do you just wait until the ET date you were given? It will be nice to have a 2ww buddy! :hugs:

Disneyfan: hope you're loving your holiday!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"