IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Thanks all for the kind words and baby dust. I love having these little embies in me. I'm just chilling in the garden at the moment and wishing them on to grow. Test on the 16th so it's a week on Monday.

Hi Wish - nice to hear from you. Such a big decision, and such a personal one. Do you know anyone that has adopted? Could be good to get a first hand opinion on that route. Personally I don't but I do know social workers in child support and there are so many kids that need a loving home. Heartbreaking that people have a child and then treat them so badly when we're all here with open arms trying so hard. One of life's mysteries!

Klik and Boopin - it's really starting to move for you both. Really excited for you xx

https://rlv.zcache.com/happy_mothers_day_greeting_card_with_poem-p137720377011348089tdtq_400.jpg

:flow: To all the mothers & soon to be mothers!! xoxo :flow:

Asterimou: glad you got to enjoy the amazing weekend, with those two little embryos inside you! :hugs:

Boopin: funny enough Mother's day in the UK is in March, but in Brazil where my mother lives it is indeed today. Happy Mother's day to all expectant and actual mothers! :flower:

And I really hope this time next year all of us are either one or the other! :dust:

Happy Mother's day to all expectant and actual mothers! And I really hope this time next year all of us are either one or the other! :dust:

I also hope and [-o< the same thing for us ttc. Wishing us all bfp's!! :hugs:

Dropping by to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. :flower: I have faith that everyone here will find success on the journey to motherhood. :hugs::hugs:

Aster - sending you lots of sticky dust! :dust: Grow embies grow!!

So as predicted I'm driving myself crazy with every twinge;) I've had a a dull AF like ache but it is very slight and I may be imagining it, kinda like a tightness in my uterus. Overall I've been pretty chilled so far but still can't help myself symptom checking and am a bit obsessed with morula success stories. I test a week today so it really isn't that long. Work is a bit hard to focus on......long week :wacko:

Aster - Totally normally and unfortunately impossible to avoid. Hang in there - the week will pass before you know it. I'm sooooo rooting for you! :hugs:

aster - congrats on being PUPO!! I loved the vision of a freshly-transferred mom-to-be sitting in a garden surrounded by beautiful flowers, plants and trees just urging her embies to do the same! :flower:
try not to make yourself crazy with the symptom-spotting! though I think it's actually kinda fun. AF-like pains are good!

a little update on me - we are not going the DE route. Way too expensive: $17-22k typically for a fresh cycle without then paying for meds OOP; $18,500 flat fee for frozen, plus meds.
So, we are going to try medicated IUI, I'm going to ask for Letrozole. A good friend of mine had fertility issues as well and she had really high success with this (used twice, BFP both times but only one resulted in a child). Meanwhile, i think I'm going to look into adoption. I agree Aster - it just doesn't make sense that we're trying through our noses over here to have a child and there are some that are just thrown aside. I've had some anxiety about potentially not bonding with another person's child but I had a great conversation with my mom this weekend and had the vision of someone handing us a newborn baby and saying 'he/she's yours', looking down at him/her and saying 'I'm your Mama' and I about lost it. I think I can do that. <3

Wish I think adoption is a wonderful route! Also, I hope the medicated IUI is just what you need. Fingers crossed for you!

Aster, I know how crazy the 2ww, but hang in there! AF type pains are a very good sign, as are chills. I was freezing most of the tww before getting my BFP, even though others around me said it was warm. Hoping these are great signs!

I have everything crossed for you Aster!! I'm praying that your embies are nestling deep into their new home. :dust: Grow little beans, grow for your momma!!

Wish - I wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do. In the end, you'll make the right decision on how to build your family. Things will just fall into place, the way they're meant to be. :hugs: Never lose FAITH!!

Hi ladies, it helps so much having you all cheer me on :)

I don't want to get too excited but llast night I had cramps that woke me in my sleep. I was so tired I fell back to sleep, so they weren't medication level cramps but I think that could of potentially been implantation? Could progesterone do that? I don't remember having this last time. I feel like one of them stuck, I just pray I'm right xx

Aster - I don't recall that being a symptom of progesterone. You're right at the timing for implementation! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Wish - I hope the medicated IUI works out for you! :dust: Adoption is a wonderful alternative, too. I have friends that have two adorable boys that were adopted after years of infertility, and they love them so, so much. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Boopin: amen on your hopes and prayers! :hugs:

Disneyfan: thanks for the Mother's Day wishes: you're already a mom, of course, which is wonderful! I hope you get to go further down that path, though, and have your second baby in your arms next Mother's Day!

Asterimou: wow, that sounds good! I hope it was GOOD pain, the best kind, and that one of your embies is nice and cozy in your lining now! :dust:

Wish: My word, those DE cycles are expensive--I never thought about how expensive they would be. Instinctively I feel like they should be cheaper because they're not my first choice, but of course having a whole other person in the picture only makes things more expensive... Best of luck on the medicated IUI! It sounds like a really good path! As for adoption--yes, I bet you can do it, especially with a newborn. They are easy to fall in love with! :hugs:

Amanda: are you waiting for your next cycle, then, to start again? I hope counselling is helping... :hugs:

AFM: I had my consultation yesterday about NK cells and it was all unbelievably confusing. I have FEWER NK cells than the normal range, but they are more toxic than the normal range (makes sense, if I have fewer, they should probably work harder). And I also have a high (really high) TNF-alpha cytokine ratio, whatever that means. A high dose of intralipids does seem like it would bring the NK cell toxicity down to normal levels, at least in the lab, but no idea what it would do to cytokines. Ok. Now, there was a study that showed dramatic failure using intralipids for 40-42 year olds. There's success with IVIG for immunosuppression for cytokines, but my clinic doesn't offer that. UGH!!! I just feel like putting my head into a blender. How am I supposed to decide anything with this huge pile of inconclusive data? I've had all of one embryo transfer and one miscarriage so far--maybe I shouldn't mess with my system so much, huh? Sorry about the venting, but I'm deeply frustrated and confused... :dohh:

thank you ladies - your support really helps.

klik - I'm with you but I also realized, it's like preying on the desperate. How much is one willing to pay for a child? Also, b/c it's introducing someone else into the picture, there are a lot of unknowns you have to protect yourself from: their genetics, their emotions and potentially wanting to keep the child, etc. So legal fees and all of the screening. It's crazy. I'm a bit turned off by the whole financial and 'business' aspects of it but I see the need for it.

aster - I am SO excited you had that cramping!!! I'll try not to assume things too but...i can't help it! I woke up with cramping last time too. And though I had a chemical, it DID implant. So if yours did, let's start wishing it to continue to develop and stick!!

oh, and just an fyi - I did ask my RE about NKCs and before I even finished the sentence, she was saying that the jury is still out on those. She doesn't feel there has been enough testing or conclusive evidence to point to any of that being a reason for infertility. I know my doc is VERY by the books, she doesn't even recommend other supplements except prenatals, b/c there is no hard evidence of them working. So take this with a grain of salt, but it's another doc's opinion - I liked that she didn't jump on this just to make more money out of the testing and intralipids and such.
Klik - I'd say just go with what you have so far. Not sure if this would help, but when you said 'toxicity', I immediately thought of the natural pH remedy organic apple cider vinegar. It's a really great and natural way to balance the body's acidity. I don't know if the two would be related at all. You can drink a teaspoon or two a day and that's really supposed to help (either with 8oz of water or sprinkle over a salad, add to a soup, etc).

disney - when is your trip? Thank you for the note on your friends, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea and may have to start researching this week. A friend of mine on another thread is looking into it too. She went to a meeting yesterday and they said to prepare for up to $15k, but most of theirs are under $9k and it can happen in about 92 days!! WHAT? I said it should take 9 months ;) But all of that is VERY doable!! She just has to be selected by the mother. Crazy!

Klik: that sounds mega complicated. You need the facts to make a decision. Wish gives good advice above. it does sound a lot to go through and I'm not sure I understand the options completely so I don't want to advise the wrong thing. Maybe a good dog walk and a nights sleep will help it all make sense

Wish: I really value your insight into DE, there are definitely more cons to it than I thought. I'm excited for you looking into adoption, it sounds like a really viable option :)

Amanda and Boopin: hope you're doing okay

Disney: thanks for all the dust xx

AFM: after the glow of feeling possible implantation I then forgot my progesterone this morning and headed 1.5hrs into London. I remembered on the train! I called my RE and they said it couldn't wait until I got home so I had to courier a pessary from the south coast to central London. I ended up 2.5 hrs late taking it, I was never so glad to take a pessary!

Hey! Aster, cramping was the ONE thing that I found to be very different the cycle I got my BFP vs. the other cycles. Around the time of implantation, I kept getting PMS type cramps that would come on suddenly, and then only last for a few minutes. Noticed it more in the middle of the night, so hoping it's an excellent sign for you!! We all have our fx for ya!

Klik, my NK cells are normal, but I also have high tnf-alpha cytokines. I think the normal range is 5-30 and mine are 36. My Dr. has me doing the intralipid treatments. However, I do have a few things to say about that:
1) the other Dr. at my clinic doesn't believe in Intralipids. He thinks that there's not enough evidence to support that they do all that much. I think it depends on the Dr. Mine seems to be of the mindset that it has been shown to help in many studies, and falls into the "it can't hurt, but it COULD help" category, which I'm fine with. He suggested a book by Dr. Beer that explains how Immunology issues can affect fertility and how to do certain things naturally to lower your tnf-alpha cytokines.
2) Most importantly, when I did my immunology assay, and it came back abnormal, the nurse at my clinic told me that LOADS of people get abnormal results. She said in her first week there, every immunology assay she sent came back abnormal. She thought she had done something wrong! Apparently it's extremely common, and a lot of people have this issue and will never know about it, and go on to have healthy babies no problem. That made me feel a little bit better, hopefully it helps you too.
3) I've looked into the Ivig treatments, and they are extremely expensive and have greater risks. According to what I found, intralipids are the way dr's are going now, because it has the same benefits and is cheaper and less risk than ivig.

Sorry for rambling, and if none of this is relevant to you, but I've done a lot of research on the whole immunology thing, so figured I'd share my knowledge :)

AFM, just sitting and waiting for AF to arrive. Hopefully the beginning of next week. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here, so the sun is giving me some much needed feel good energy.

Hi everyone. Still a little tired from the anesthesia, so I'll try to keep it quick today. The surgery / hysteroscopy went well. No scarring or anything like that found. My doctor removed a bit of tissue that she thinks was possibly remnants of my placenta from my pregnancy. She said it's going to be tested in a lab to be sure, but everything looks good to go. We are going to work towards a July 21 transfer. I'm to let her know when my next period starts, and we'll get my hormone and immunology work ups done once AF comes. She'll also work on my calendar so that we know what to expect as far as monitoring and medications are concerned.

Klik - Good luck with the NK research. Have you asked Dr. Davis for another opinion on how to address things?

Wish - We leave for Disneyland this Friday. I tell ya - vacation can't come soon enough. It's crazy how quickly things can progress with adoptions. Good luck with your research. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the IUI if you choose to go that route first. :hugs:

Aster - I'm so glad you were able to get your progesterone. A little late shouldn't be too bad, but it's great that you were able to take it after all! :thumbup:

Amanda - I hope AF comes soon.

Boopin - Thinking about you and sending you warm thoughts. :hugs:

Disney - I'm happy :happydance: to hear that your hysteroscopy went well. Have a blast at Disneyland with DD & DH!! So exciting!!

Aster - How are you feeling hun?? Any symptoms??

Hi klik, amber, Hope and Wish. :hugs:

Has anyone heard from adr?? If your lurking adr, give us an update. Would love to hear from you my dear. xoxo

Hi Disney: well done getting through the hysteroscopy, it's great you now have a transfer dat to look forward to:happydance: not to mention a holiday as well. It will be great to just have a holiday with no drugs and not worrying too much about what you eat :icecream:

Let's hope AF comes on time Amanda ;)

My symptoms are cramps. They seem to get stronger at night like Amanda said. I had them last night noticeably but this morning they are very subtle. Also boobs like rocks but that is progesterone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->