IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

hi girls!

klik - yeah, you have a LOT going on right now, you vent however you need to! We understand! No side effects from the Letrozole - it was smooth sailing!

boopin - AHH!! Congrats!! I love it! :hugs:

amanda - how are you holding up? did you test anymore? GL tomorrow, hon. :hugs:

disney - good luck with your scan and tests today!

aster - :hugs: how are you?

thanks for all of the pick-me-ups last week. I am doing better now, on an upswing, I guess. Finished my last Letrozole last night and had a scan this morning. I have 2 measurable follicles - 18 and 13.6. I don't know if they'll wait for the smaller one to mature or what. I'll get the call this afternoon with my next instructions, but trigger can't be too far away, I'd think!

Wish - I'm happy to hear your doing better. :hugs:
I've got my fx'd for you. Grow follies grow!! I hope you get your Golden Egg!! :dust:

Hi ladies! Wish that's good news! Triggers must be soon indeed :)

I haven't tested again, and now I'll just wait for Beta. I'm terrified for tomorrow. I really feel good that it's worked, but I know that is just a feeling, probably because I want so badly for it to have worked. One more day to wait!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

thanks!! guess my lining is still a little thin so they want to wait another day. I go back in for another scan in the morning.
it's crazy - the letrozole got these puppies growing WAY earlier than when I normally ovulate (typically cd16-17, today is cd10), so my lining hasn't caught up yet! I have some leftover estrace, I should pop some!

Boopin: how amazing is that?! A heartbeat! Congratulations!!! I hope it continues to go well! :hugs:

Disneyfan: thanks! I'm feeling a bit better about the in-laws situation--starting to settle into it--but I've fallen really behind on work and am struggling. I mean, I know I'll find a way but until then I'll be pulling my hair out! Yeah, also, we TTC folk have a funny relationship with AF... Also, Monday is... today! How did it go?! I really hope your ultrasound went well and that you get good news about your NK cells! :dust: Finally, the little boy at Disney World... yeah, I just don't know how one lives with losing a toddler. I really don't. I mean, I guess you do because you don't have a choice but wow, it must be nearly impossible...

Asterimou: I wish I could cite drugs as an excuse but I'm in a natural cycle IMSI, hence drug-free! The bitchiness is all me! :haha: How are you feeling? :hugs:

Wish: thanks for the support! Really cool that Letrozole gave you no side effects! I've heard Clomid can be a nightmare, so it's excellent that there's a better way. I'm sorry your follies and your lining are out of sync :wacko:. I hope that changes in the coming days! Good luck at your scan tomorrow! :dust:

Amanda: I'm sure you're counting the hours! I really hope you get good news tomorrow! :dust: I'll be sending you good thoughts! :hugs:

AFM: had my second scan today. My lining is still pretty darn thin, but that's ok for CD 6... But my leading follicle is already 13, so it's possible that like Wish, my follicles are out of sync with my uterus. Let's see... The next two follicles are 9 and 8, so I'll almost certainly only get the one mature egg, if that! But the good news is, I do have a (tiny) fourth follicle, so I still seem to be making four per month! :thumbup: Daily scans now until trigger.

Klik - I hope that things get better for you and that you are able to catch up at work. :hugs:

Wish - I hope your lining cooperates and thickens soon! :dust:

Amanda - Sending you positive thoughts and sticky dust ahead of your beta! :dust:

Boopin - How are you feeling?

AFM - Ultrasound went well. Lining is thin (as she was expecting), and no cysts. I've been cleared to start Lupron on Wednesday. We are still waiting on my results for my phospholipid antibody blood work, which had to be repeated. Those results and the results for the NKC tests (done today) should be available later this week. Oh, and my RE is totally pregnant. I swear it hasn't been that long since by hysteroscopy, but she's totally sporting a sizable yet adorable baby bump.

Good luck today, Amanda!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

klik - I hear you with getting behind on work, but sometimes that can take a backseat for a bit. I had to do it when my sister was going through her stuff last month. You'll catch back up!! Do you have a good team that supports you at work? what is it you do?

disney - great scan results! looking forward to a free & clear on the rest of them. :thumbup:

I went for my 2nd scan this morning - the lead follicle is up to 22! the 2nd one is at 14, it could still grow by the time the IUI comes around. My lining was 4.something yesterday and it's up to 6 today, so hopefully we'll trigger tonight. Then we'll be all set for our weekend plans with no issues! yay! And who doesn't want to go hang out in Burlington, VT after having an IUI and then hike a mountain in NH the next day? :happydance:

Wish - Awesome progress!! :thumbup: You have 2 plump follicles ready to go. And your lining is looking good, too!! Fx'd for your IUI. xx

Hey girls, so I just got the beta results, and they are only 15.5, so probably a chemical. I have to go back on Thursday, just to make sure, and then I have an appointment with my RE after that, so we'll see what the next step is. :cry:

oh man, amanda - I'm so sorry! I hope your appointment with the RE can help to figure out why it seems you can get preggo but it's not sticking. :hugs: :hugs:
Don't give up hope - it's just another fork in the road on your journey! And who knows, you could get a pleasant surprise on Thurs!!!

no trigger again tonight! doc wants to see the lining get a leeeetle bit thicker so going back for a scan tomorrow. I may just end up ovulating on my own and the IUI would be on Thurs. If not, we'll schedule for Fri and trigger tomorrow night. Ho hum. :coffee:

I missed the next page so I'm rewriting my last response...

Amanda - I'm so sorry to read about the low beta. Prayers that you just had a late implanter and that your next numbers look better. :hugs::hugs: I know it's really hard, but hang in there! :hugs:

Wish - I hope things are looking good with your lining tomorrow!

Firstly, Amanda: I really hope it's just a slow one... It's good that your embryos do seem to like implanting, but I hope this one actually sticks! :dust: I'm really sorry about the position you're in... It's terrible to be in limbo when you expected to just KNOW by now... :hugs:

Disneyfan: Thanks! :hugs: So glad you've gotten the go-ahead! Well done on the thin lining and no cysts. I hope your bloods come out all clear and it's all smooth sailing from now on! :hugs: Also, so cool about your RE! Although I'd think, "hey, I need you to do this for me, too!" :winkwink: Hopefully her pregnancy will rub off on you... :hugs:

Wish: Re. work, I'll have to catch up one way or another! You're right about the back seat, though--some things will just have to be more rushed than usual. I'm unfortunately a one-person shop, so I just have to work late sometimes when there's no way around it (like today). I'm a portfolio manager for a couple of accounts, and I have to take care of the mounds of paperwork and accounting for the accounts as well as make the investment decisions. And since the financial crisis the amount of paperwork has increased exponentially! It's exhausting! :dohh: I forget what stuff your sister was going through--is she ok?! Anyway, I'm glad you seem to have one SUPER-follicle and another that might just catch up! I hope your lining thickens nicely for tomorrow. It looks like it's still possible for you to have your IUI AND go for your hike, so I'm rooting for that! :dust:

Boopin: How are you feeling?! Are the symptoms ok thus far? :hugs:

AFM: My 13 became a 14 and my 9 became an 11, so they're closer together now! If I'm really lucky I might get two eggs... I need to remind myself not to get too greedy--in a natural cycle one is lucky to get just one mature egg! I've started anti-inflammatories to try to make sure I don't ovulate prematurely. Lining is 5.4, so hopefully by ET (assuming there is one) it will be thick enough...

klik - that's wonderful!! That's great that the follies are closer together now. That's a good lining too.
Ah yes, the life of a portfolio manager - not always fun! :)
My sister - oh, she went through a really, really dark period about 2 months ago that resulted in her trying to take her own life. This was right after we got back from our vacation in AZ, at the beginning of May. Not good times, but it seems she's doing much, much better now.

Mine are 23 and 15 and lining only grew to 6.4, but that should be ok. It'll grow a little bit more, I think. What I didn't realize, but makes sense, is that it stops growing after you ovulate. So that's why there was such a rush for it to catch up to the follies. I'm going to take 2 more estrace again today - can't hurt.

I really hate that I feel optimistic about this! I'm my own worst enemy, I swear it.

Hey girls! Thanks for all your kind words :)

Wish I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. My brother was in a dark place a few years ago, and also tried to take his own life. It was terrifying, and really difficult for the whole family to get through. I'm glad your sister is doing better! I know how hard it is to go through that :hugs: On another note, I'm really happy that you have 2 good follicles! I used to feel like optimism was dangerous, as either I would jinx it, or I would be setting myself up for disappointment. Now I just try to ride the optimism train as long as I can.

Klik, 2 follicles! That's great! Hope things continue looking great :)

AFM, I took a test this morning, just for fun, and it was definitely positive. Much more faint than the control, but definitely a line. I'm hoping that at least means I didn't drop overnight, as the test only measures 10 and up. It hasn't really hit me yet, as for some reason, even though I know I probably SHOULD feel out, I don't. I still feel somewhat optimistic that it's just a slower start. Maybe I'm just crazy.....but.....I guess we'll see tomorrow.

That being said, this Limbo sucks. I can't celebrate, but I can't just drown my sorrows in a bottle of wine either. Just have to wait.....again......sigh.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Amanda; I really hope it is a slow starter, and I love your optimistic wave approach. I need to take that advice ;) good luck for tmrw xx

Klik and Wish; 2 good follies each:thumbup: really hoping your little stars are in there.

I'm off to Miami tmrw and then Disney so may be a bit quiet. Good luck ladies xx

have fun, Aster!! Don't melt! :)

amanda - I'm so sorry about your brother. Yes, it was really terrifying - no one had any idea she felt this way. So much confusion, anger, sadness, helplessness. I hope your brother is doing better as well. :hugs:

triggering tonight at 9! IUI set for 10am on Friday, so no need to take time away from work since we're both already out on PTO! Then some fun plans to kick the TWW off.

Question - when is O considered as being? when I trigger or when the IUI is done? or tomorrow, in between? just so I know which dpo I am :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->