IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Wish & Amanda - I'm so sorry to hear about the struggles that your siblings have gone through. I hope they are doing better. :hugs:

Amanda - Still hoping for a late implanter. :dust: for your next beta!!

Wish - Woohoo! Congrats on getting to trigger! I'm glad that your IUI timing is going to work out for you. For IUI, I think they want to time it for just before you ovulate, so I'd count from the IUI date. Kinda the same thought when you trigger before ER -- you trigger, but they want to get those eggs out before you ovulate them. Good luck!!

Aster - Safe travels and have fun!!

AFM - NKC test results came back entirely normal. I must say it's such a relief to have one less thing to worry about. I start Lupron tonight (I'll probably do it at 9:30 PST, so about 20 minutes or so from now).

oh ok, thanks, disney! that makes sense!

that's AWESOME about your test results!! I hope the Lupron doesn't give you headaches! When do you start the next thing (I thought there was something else after Lupron?)?

amanda - fingers and toes crossed for you today!! :hugs:

Thanks, Wish! Next on the calendar is the end of BCP after Friday's pill and another ultrasound next Monday to confirm no cysts (again) before starting estrogen patches next Wednesday. I also start Femara next Wednesday and will be on that for 5 nights. If my lining check is goon on July 14, I continue Lupron through July 15 and start PIO that night (so 2 separate shots that day :dohh:).

The Lupron needle didn't want to go into my tummy last night. Took 3 tries before I got the needle to go through. I'm a little rusty as its been 3 years since I've done any tummy shots. I've never done Lupron in the past, but I vaguely remember using ice to numb my belly before doing injections long ago. I wonder if that would have any impact on the Lupron if I started doing that again.

Disneyfan: I'm SOOOOO glad your NKCs were clear! Wow, that is a load off! :thumbup: Sorry about that Lupron needle! You'll get the hang of it again, I'm sure... :hugs:

Wish: I'm so sorry about your sister... I'm so glad she's feeling better... Gosh, that is such a difficult experience--so many painful emotions... Again, very glad she's better. As for your optimism: I think it's good for you. I feel like if you don't invest into every attempt, what's the point? Anyway, I hope this time your optimism turns out to have been realism all along! Good luck with trigger and onwards! :dust:

Amanda: I'm sorry about your brother... I hope he's doing ok now. Gosh, that is so tough... Is he the one who says he'll start trying for babies as soon as he gets married? I hope he's really turned a page... As for you... I'm thinking of you today. Hoping it really has been just a slow start. Good luck... :dust: I know it's been a really tough process... :hugs:

Asterimou: I hope you voted before your trip :winkwink: Have a grand time!

AFM: at the moment I'm pretty sick of my life... Sorry to be so negative, again... I now have these three follicles that seem to be growing beautifully (they're right next to each other so the sonographer missed one previously): 17, 16, 13... but my blood levels are going the wrong way. Estrogen, which the follicles should produce more of as they grow, is decreasing... Lining is stuck at 5, but at least if I could get the eggs I'd be happy. I've already been warned that tomorrow I may get cancelled, depending on blood results. I had a last-ditch attempt at acupuncture (new place--my previous acupuncturist has left the country) but this was at the time that I was desperately waiting for my "bloods" call, and there was no cell reception on the bed/table/whatever you call it, so there was this comical moment where I had to wiggle towards the window with needles sticking out from everywhere, trying to listen to my voicemail to get the bad news... UGH!!!! Yes, I'm sick of my life... though I know I don't even have it particularly bad, it certainly feels that way right now. :brat:

Hey girls, I'll write a longer reply later, just wanted to update that today's beta was 12, so confirmed chemical. Im gutted :cry:

Klik - I'm so sorry to read about your lining and blood levels. I don't know why this has to be so difficult. I hope things get better for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Amanda, I'm so sorry!!! :hugs: That is so heart-breaking... I'm really, really sorry... :hugs:

Hi, girls. So I've had a little time to process, and figured I'd update!

First of all, Klik, I'm so sorry that your bloods and lining are not doing what they are supposed to. It's so difficult when your body doesn't cooperate. Don't feel bad about being negative, it's completely understandable, and very hard to try and be positive all the time. Also, even though some may have it worse, as you mentioned, it doesn't take away how much you feel it sucks right now. I am really hoping that your cycle does not get cancelled and that you are able to get some good eggs from those follicles that are growing! Are you taking any estrogen to help boost those levels? Keep us updated, and know that we are all here for you, whether you are feeling positive or negative :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

AFM...We went to see the RE, and had a nice long chat with him. He said that it's a positive thing that my body seems to WANT to get pregnant, and now we just need to work on why it's not sticking. He also reminded us that even when you transfer a healthy embryo into a healthy uterus, the chances of a live birth are only 50-60%. He gave us a couple of options/things to think about:
1. Check to see if our donor has any pregnancies reported. Even though they screen the donor for everything, something like sperm DNA fragmentation is not always checked, and that could cause difficulties in getting pregnant. I checked....and there are pregnancies reported. Good!
2. Time for another hysteroscopy. He gave us the option of doing this again, and although last cycle I didn't want to, this time I think it's a good idea. All my bloodwork and other tests were all normal, so who knows, if I got any polyps back, that could be the cause of the early miscarriages. It means we have to skip a cycle, but I'm ok with that.
It actually works out perfectly. We are going to travel, and booked our trip yesterday. We'll be heading to Budapest at the end of July for a few days, then off to Manchester to spend some time with my parents. The Dr. said I can take something to delay my period so that it starts right when we get back, instead of on the trip, which means our next FET will be in August. I think this trip will be good for us. It falls right on our 1 year anniversary as well, which is nice. The sadness of everything comes and goes in waves, and I burst into tears while talking to my grandma yesterday, but overall I feel much better about everything this time around. Maybe the therapy helped after all :) The RE left us by saying, one way or another, we are going to get you your baby. It might cost us an arm, a leg, and several other limbs, but I feel good about it.

Ladies,

Heartbeat undetectable at 7.2 weeks, measured 6.5 weeks. D&C scheduled on Tuesday 6/28. I'm devastated to the core of my being. It's going to take a long time to grieve this miscarriage. :cry:

Oh man Boopin, I'm so incredibly sorry. This just isn't fair. We are all here for you Hun. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh Boopin, I'm so, so sorry. I know how devastating your situation is and I'm so sad that you've now been through it twice. I know it will take a while to get through this but I pray that you will soon have the strength to get past this and carry on. :hugs::hugs::hugs: We're here for you if and when you want to talk. :hugs:

Boopin: I'm so, so, so sorry! To lose a heartbeat after you've had it... That is devastating... I'm so sorry! :hugs::hugs::hugs: You're right, it's going to take a long time to grieve... Just... please be as kind to yourself as possible... :hugs: Life is just... inexplicably cruel at times. I'm so sorry!

Amanda: I love your attitude. Your RE also sounds lovely! It seems to me you are literally making the best possible out of a very painful situation... I think the hysteroscopy sounds like a great idea, so you can put this possible hurdle out of your mind. I also agree that the implantations are on the whole a good sign--the question is how to get further... And an anniversary trip also sounds brilliant. Budapest is gorgeous! And as for August... I hope your luck consolidates then, and you finally get a sticky one! :hugs: Best of luck, Amanda. I'm sorry it's been so difficult...

And me... yeah, my cycle was cancelled... On Friday DP came with me to my scan (which he doesn't usually do--I mean, how do WE even manage this absurdly demanding process?!)--and my follicles had shrunk. I mean, this is the weirdest cycle ever. There was also an extra follicle that just popped up at 14mm. My ovaries are doing something very strange, my lining is stuck at 5, and my bloods are behaving like the follicles aren't even really there. I haven't even ovulated yet and I'm spotting a bit. I mean, crazy! My explanation to myself is that, having suppressed ovulation for the past 2 cycles (for the medicated FET), I now need to let my body sort of shake that off and find its balance again. But the truth is, I'm scared that this is irreversible... So... IF I'm lucky--and it's a big if... I'll put on estrogen patches for my July cycle (post-ovulation) and then go to New York for August, to do a fresh cycle. So... Hoping for some luck, finally. It certainly feels overdue... For many of us. May it come to us. :hugs:

Amanda - I'm so sorry that I missed your last update (I was catching up from my phone). It sounds like you have a great, supportive RE. I'm glad that he's taking the time to work with you on trying to figure out this puzzle. Good luck with your hysteroscopy, and I hope you have an amazing trip! :hugs::hugs:

Klik - I'm so sorry that your cycle got cancelled. I really hope that your body gets back on track very quickly. I agree, we are definitely due for some good luck on this thread. Long overdue. :dohh: I have faith that you'll reach your goal and wish you the best for the next try. :hugs::hugs:

oh man... :cry:
I'm so sorry for everything you're all going through right now. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

boopin - I'm beyond sorry for you. What is it going to take?! please know we are here for you when you are ready to come back. That is completely gut-wrenching and no one should have to go through it, let alone multiple times. so many hugs to you :hugs:

amanda - :hugs: to you too but you sound like you're in a good place. Doesn't matter - chemicals are tough to take to. But I love the sound of your travel plans!! Your whole plan for the rest of the summer sounds great. I think the hysteroscopy sounds like a good idea too.

klik - girl, be mad at your life right now! I'm so sorry your cycle was cancelled. WTH is your body thinking?? (Though that did kinda make me chuckle envisioning this woman with needles sticking out of her to try to get to her VM and only get bad news. I'd have thrown my phone!) Comedy of errors, this whole thing is, sometimes - I swear it! I hope you're in a better place today. I want to tell your body to shape up!

disney - how are the meds going? when is your first scan?

afm - IUI was successful after a few attempts on Friday. Yep, a few attempts. Apparently, my cervix decided to slide to the left this cycle - I guess it can move with every cycle. How on earth are the sperm supposed to find their way with a moving target?! Anyway, there are 2 holes they need to push the catheter through and my 2nd one wasn't opening up for them. It's like my body refuses to cooperate in this whole deal! After a few tries by the younger nurses and a final try by the Nurse Practitioner, they got it through. Sheesh. So I'm 3dpo now - optimism has been overcome by reality - I'll be pleasantly surprised if this worked but I'm really not expecting it. :shrug:

Wish - The cervix moves?? :dohh::shrug: I'm glad they were finally able to get it done, but I'm sorry it was so difficult to do. :hugs: I'm hoping that you get lucky this cycle. We really need some good news here. :hugs::hugs:

AFM - I have an ultrasound scheduled for late morning. My doctor wants to confirm there are still no cysts before I start my estrogen patches and femara on Wednesday. I assume I'm getting blood drawn, too, but I not positive.

it seriously sounded like something out of American Ninja Warrior - the gauntlet that the sperm has to travel through to get to where it needs to go!

good luck at your scan! no cysts!!

No cysts, so I'm cleared to start femara and estrogen patches on Wednesday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->