IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Disneyfan: Thanks for the commiseration... and YAAAY for no cysts! The estrogen patches, from experience, are a breeze (except getting rid of the glue is a bit of a pain!) As for the Femara... That is letrozole--I believe that's what Wish is on! Ooooh, may it bring you both the luck you need to get your babies!!! :dust:

Wish: Ugh, now cervixes (sp?!) move? What was it doing on the left?! I'm so sorry it took three tries... That must have been uncomfortable... :nope: Anyway, yeah, I hope letrozole is the magic substance for you... I hope this works, FINALLY, for you!!! :dust:

Wish: where did I get "3" attempts? You said "a few". Sorry, my imagination just invented a number. Ugh. You should have had the nurse practitioner from the beginning! :hugs:

Wish: where did I get "3" attempts? You said "a few". Sorry, my imagination just invented a number. Ugh. You should have had the nurse practitioner from the beginning! :hugs:

If it helps, my mind also translated "a few" into "3". :haha: No one should have to suffer through multiple attempts, though. :hugs:

Me too! I had to go back and check Wish's post, because I was SURE it was 3 as well.

Wish I'm sorry it was so difficult, hopefully it wasn't too painful!

Disney, YAY for no cysts!!!!

Klik, I don't know if I said it already, but I'm so sorry that your cycle got cancelled. Totally unfair when our bodies don't cooperate.

We are DEFINITELY in need of some good news on here though!! Enough with the crap!

Boopin' hope the D&C goes as well as it can today given the circumstances. Take care of yourself hun, cry when you need to, and try to do things that make you feel good, however big or small. If you ever feel like you need to just vent about the unfairness and shittyness of all of this, feel free to do so here, we've all got your back.

Aster, hope you are doing well!

:hugs: to everyone!

Hi ladies,

I'm back home from the hospital. I'm doing okay, just mild to moderate cramping and light bleeding. I'm still very emotional. My hcg rose over 50,000. I'm sure it's going to take awhile for it to fall under 5. We're sending the pregnancy contents to pathology for chromosomal testing, hopefully we'll be able to get some answers as to why it failed.

I'll continue to support all of you through your ttc journeys. I can't imagine not being a part of this wonderful community of fabulous ladies. As for me, I'll be taking a break until the end of the year. I have 1 embryo remaining and I want to give it the best chance for success. I'll be doing more testing and improving my health to prepare for my final FET.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your loving support and encouraging words. I wish you all the very best! :hugs:

Boopin - I'm glad that the procedure went smoothly but know and totally understand how sad and difficult this is for you. I hope that time will help heal your broken heart. I'm in the same boat as you with this final FET and hope that we (and everyone else here) find the success that we so badly desire.

If the testing is being performed by the company that did mine (Natera), know that they send out bills for A LOT more than they actually expect people to pay (mine says $6,600, but I was told to disregard that statement while they continue to appeal to my insurance). The lady I talked to from that company the first time they called me said that they would typically lower it to about $200 if your insurance doesn't cover it. My doctor told me that it would be around $100, so that's the highest Natera agreed to collect from me (they are still trying to get my insurance to pay something).

My doctor would be quite a haul for you to actually see, but I know that she works with and helps patients from all over (either remotely via phone/email/Skype or in person). If you're interested in seeking out opinions from other RE's in Northern California, let me know, and I can pass along some of her info. She's definitely like no doctor I've ever had before -- and I mean that in a really good way.

Sending you lots and lots of hugs. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:rofl: I don't know how many attempts it took total - I was just picturing them sticking the catheter in over and over like 'boing boing boing' - almost like a fencing sword! It was the stupid medieval speculum that was killing me, though.

yay for femara/letrozole!! I hope it works for you!!! yeah, those patches are a breeze. Except, yeah, the leftover adhesive that collects all the lint. :haha:

boopin - I realized yesterday that your D&C was exactly a year after mine. :cry: I'm so sorry again. Take the time you need and come back to us gangbusters!!!

klik - another good friend of mine on here just had her FET cancelled b/c her lining didn't grow to more than 4. Lots of bad news lately, we're due for an upswing!

amanda/aster/hope - how you doing girls?

Nothing crazy going on here - went to yoga last night and the cobra pose really pulled on my lower abdomen. Could totally be b/c I never really stretch like that but that area is also feeling very full and heavy. I'm only 5dpo, though, so I shouldn't be feeling a thing just yet, so I'll just chalk it up to not having been able to work out in a week! :) Trying to stay zen, but I'm sure by the beginning of next week, I'll be symptom spotting all over again.

I hope the speculum was nothing like the TWO they used on me when I had to go to the ER for my post partum hemorrhage (I got sent home and was treated to a second pelvic exam when I had to return a few hours later :growlmad:). That plastic, ratcheting piece of sh!t hurt soooo bad. If I ever have to go back to the ER for a "lady issue", I'm demanding an actual OBGYN as those ER people don't know what they're doing. :dohh:

Please forgive me for laughing about your description of it being like a fencing sword. :haha:

Sending you lots of sticky vibes. We need some luck and good fortune to strike our group BIG time! :hugs:

Ugh, I hate the speculums, for my first IUI the Dr was having trouble reaching my cervix, he had to change to the bigger speculum. That thing is so uncomfortable! I can't believe that no one has invented a more comfortable version.
Wish and Disney, you two are the next up for some positive news! Here's hoping you guys are the change in luck this group needs right now!

AFM, I think AF is starting today, got a little bit this morning....so I'll be calling the clinic to book my hysteroscopy next week probably. Also, I guess they'll tell me when to start the BC that I'll take to delay the next cycle until after I get back from Europe.

oh no - that visual was totally meant for humor, please do laugh. If we can't laugh, what can we do? :)

amanda - glad you can still get some things out of your way in preparation for your next cycle! and I'm still totally jealous that you get to use the words 'until after I get back from Europe'!

Well, now we know that in our minds, a few=3! :haha:

Disneyfan: that sounds like a truly terrible experience! Let's hope you get nice and sticky-pregnant soon AND never have to go back to the ER for ANY reason! :dust:

Amanda: yeah, I need the "extra-long speculum," too. I need to remind them every time! Sorry to be a bit crass, but it's a bit weird to hear that one has an extra-long vagina! :wacko: I'm not sure that's something I needed to know about myself. So funny--so different for men! Anyway, I'm glad AF is here and you can schedule your hysteroscopy in peace... And be nice and ready for your European break! :thumbup:

Boopin: take whatever time you need to heal... I'm so, so sorry--I really thought you had it this time... :hugs: I hope with time you can recover from this loss... and that it turns out the last frostie you've got was the one you needed all along... :hugs:

Wish: I love the image of a fencing sword! I'm just sorry you had to go through that... Anyway, I hope it turns out that in cobra you've been stretching your belly for a very good reason! :dust:

I spoke to my doctor today... He was cool with helping me to prep for Cornell--the question was, how do you monitor for ovulation when there's been a "dysfunctional bleed" (a bleed WITHOUT ovulation?) I mean, when do you start counting the days?! :wacko: I asked him if the problem could have been the FET meds, and he said my cycle started beautifully... Then I told him my theory that my corpus-luteum hemorrhagic cyst had been producing some progesterone, and then it stopped, which then made me bleed. He said he thought the cyst was too small to have that big an effect, but a biology professor would give me an A for that theory :haha:. Anyway, his humour really helped make me feel better... He got a sonographer to scan me, and (1) my hemorraghic cyst (which might be an endometrioma, rather) has shrunk, which is good news no matter what kind of pesky cyst it is; and (2) most of my unovulated follicles have shrunk, apart from ONE, which has grown to 22mm :dohh:. So I'm in this bizarre place, with a 4mm lining, bleeding without good reason, and this big cyst to boot (could it have been an egg that we might have been able to retrieve?! Who knows?!?!) Well... On Monday I'll have another scan. All I want is a boring, normal cycle!!! :dohh:

meant to weigh in on that experience too, disney - how horrible!!! I don't know how you could even 'relax your knees/legs' in that situation!! seriously - someone needs to come up with a new tool.
I can say, however, that the NP that was successful with my IUI did have the magic speculum touch, though I don't know if it was b/c my vag was already traumatized by the 2 nurses before her or what. But it barely felt like anything the way she went in. :dohh:

Amanda - I started my BCP on cycle day 2 if it matters. I hope that all comes back clear after your hysteroscopy. :hugs: You're going to have an amazing trip!

Klik - I hope that your next scan yields good news. :dust: for a nice, smooth cycle next time around! I'm glad that your doctor is open minded about helping you prep for a cycle with another clinic. Fingers crossed that everyone can come together to find a plan that works! :hugs:

Wish - No one should need 3 people to get it right. You poor thing! :hugs: I really, really hope you get some positive news soon!

And yeah - I hate speculums, too. But nothing stinks more than the ones in the ER. Oh, and what's awkward is when they get it in you to prepare for your embryo transfer, and you have to sit there in the chair in the most unflattering position ever while you wait for them to retrieve the tube. And it always seems that someone says something funny while we're waiting, and I have to make sure I don't laugh so hard that the speculum pops out. :haha:

Wish: did you have to have your bladder full? I think that's meant to help with threading catheters (or whatever they are) through the cervix... But if the nurse practitioner was so good at it, I feel like she should have been called in after the very first failure. No one deserves that discomfort! :nope: Onto better thoughts: when is your OTD? :dust:

Disneyfan: your experience in the ER really sounds unbelievably traumatic. I'm really, really sorry. :hugs: I'm glad you have plans in place that SHOULD prevent that this time around... May it all run smoothly from now on. You certainly deserve that! :dust:

I just had a hastily-arranged scan... Yesterday I felt some pain near my right ovary, and I thought I might have been ovulating (since I didn't know where I was in my cycle!) so I panicked and begged for a last-minute scan, since I need to pinpoint ovulation. When I got there, the sonographer asked what I was doing there, and concluded it was for reassurance. I objected, of course! But it turned out she was totally right :haha:. And the best thing is: it worked! She told me my endometrium is thickening again (5.1, and trilaminar again), so it really does seem like previously I just had a super-short cycle without ovulation and this is a brand-new cycle with some cysts and maybe, if I'm lucky, some follicles. I think this is what my RE had tried to tell me on Wednesday, but I was so preoccupied with not knowing where I was in my cycle that I couldn't quite hear him. Now I feel comforted--I had a dud cycle; it is behind me; I have some cysts, which is ok because this is meant to be my "priming" cycle; hopefully I'll be back to normal from now on. This is by FAR the more enjoyable half of the bipolar fertility ride! :haha:

disney - :rofl: I get nervous about it popping out too!!! hysterical!

klik - WOW what a turn of events! I'm glad things are straight now, though - priming cycle AWAYYYYY!! :dust: to you!!

OTD is a week from today. Still not feeling anything really. Everything has to do with slight weird cramps down below and only when stretching funny or something. I had 2 hard workouts yesterday and today and today I was a little dizzy, but it was hard and it's hot out, so again - not chalking it up to anything but that. I did have that sore vijay feeling, like AF day 1 where everything down there is just SORE. Ever have that? I had that on Wed.

And I'm happy to say that I've lost 6lbs since my folks were here a few weeks ago! :) We had a BBQ for them that Sunday (6/12) and I ate so much that on Monday, I weighed the most I have in over a year. And this morning, I was 6lbs lighter than that! WOO!

Klik - Thanks!! :hugs: I'm glad that your ultrasound was able to provide you with some answers. That's great that your lining is looking good already and is starting to thicken again! Best of luck with your priming cycle! :dust:

Wish - :rofl: Too funny!

I'm hoping that the minor cramps, soreness, and dizzy spells all mean good things for you. Be sure to stay hydrated. :hugs: Oh, and big congrats on the weight loss! :happydance:

AFM - 2 days into femara -- 3 more days of that. Tonight is the night for removing my estrogen patch and replacing it with a new one. I think I go up to 2 next time, and I'll eventually be up to 3 every 2 days. If my lining doesn't cooperate, I'll eventually be asked to wear 4 at once, so I'm hoping that 3 is the magic number. :thumbup: Hopefully this thing doesn't hurt (like a bandaid) when I peel it off!

klik - forgot to answer you on the bladder - no, for some reason they didn't want that for the IUI. I have had to do that for the transfer, though. Wonder why they didn't want it for the IUI? In fact, I slipped out to the restroom before they came in because I didn't want them tickling me somewhere and make me wee on them! oh the horror!!!

disney - so you could have a line of stickers across your belly or stomach??? and yes, yes it will hurt. I hate pulling off those and the medical tape from blood work.

Yes - I could totally have them going across my belly. :dohh: I'm really hoping I top out at 3 at a time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->