IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Amanda: I'm really sorry your body is doing crazy things... I'm with Wish, though, I think it's better that beta is going down. It's just less scary that way. I do hope you get some clarity before your break, and then a real, nice, relaxing vacation. I think it will do you a world of good! I'm really sorry it's been so rough... I hope your body is indeed more cooperative for your next attempt! :hugs:

Disneyfan: WOW, is that around the corner or what?! I hope your scan tomorrow is perfection itself, and wow wow WOW, good luck next Thursday! Bad klik, forgetting you've already had your bleed! :fool: My gosh, I can't believe how close you are! You're right, NO bleeds allowed for you for at least a year! :dust: I'm sending you good vibes (lining-thickening ones for now!). I'm glad you're feeling good! Best of luck!!! :hugs:

And me: latest scan showed basically no change. I seem to be frozen in time! :wacko: But I spoke to the RE at Cornell today (I never thought I'd speak to him directly today!!) and he was pretty calm about the whole thing--suggested I go back to the clinic just twice a week and monitor progesterone only, because from that it's possible to interpolate pretty closely where ovulation must have occurred. I feel very reassured by his complete lack of drama! :thumbup: Also, I'm taking a little work trip (to Greece!) starting tomorrow so I'll probably be even more disappeared than I have been lately... But I'll be thinking of you gals, and sending you good thoughts towards your progress in each of your (very different!) situations... Take care! :hugs:

Thanks, Klik's! :hugs: I'm sorry that your uterus is still being stubborn. I hope it starts cooperating soon! :dust: I'm glad that you were able to talk to the RE at Cornell and get some reassurances about steps moving forward. I hope you have a wonderful time in Greece! I'd love to see some scenic pictures sometime after you get back if you have time to take any you'd like to share! :thumbup: Safe travels! :hugs:

Greece! how wonderful! I would love to go there! enjoy, have a ball and maybe your uterus will forget about being stubborn in the Grecian sun and get on board!
That's awesome you got to talk to the doc at Cornell today AND were comforted by him. Things are going to be moving for you now!

good luck at your scan today, disney! I hope you have lots and lots of plumping! :dust:

We aren't meeting with the RE to discuss DE until next Thurs, so I'm at a standstill with TTC right now, which isn't a bad thing. My BIL is in town staying with us, we have a packed weekend, we're having layoffs at work today and i'm just trying to eat well and work out when I can. We also have a week-long vacation coming up at the beach in Maine with 2 other families at the end of July, so that's some fun stuff we can look forward to. :)

Thanks, Wish! Lining was 12.1 mm, so we are good to go for our transfer next Thursday. And no need to go from 3-4 estrogen patches. :happydance:

It sounds like you have some nice stuff on the horizon. Sometimes that break from thinking about TTC stuff is the best. We had a great time at Disneyland in May, and it was so nice to just relax and not think or worry about this stuff. I hope things go ok with work and that you enjoy your visit and upcoming trip! :hugs::hugs:

Disney - Congratulations on your beautiful 12.1 mm lining!! :happydance: Sending you positive vibes and bucket loads of baby dust for next Thursday's transfer!! :hugs: :dust: :hugs: :dust:

Disney - I'm doing better physically, but emotionally I have both good days and bad days. The bleeding stopped 1 week after my D&C. I've lost 6 lbs in the past 2 weeks. My bhcg on 7/13 was 48. And I'm still waiting on the pathology report from Kaiser. As soon as I find out the results from the chromosomal analysis, I'll update you lovely ladies. I'm looking forward to my FET in October. That's my focus. Until then, I'll continue to follow all of your ttc journeys!! :hugs:

I'm praying that your 5BB and my 6BB embryos give us our Rainbow Babies!! Much Love & GL to you Disney!! xoxo

Boopin - it's good that you're doing well physically. I bled for what seemed like forever. My spotting continued for almost an entire month. I know how hard it is for you emotionally -- hang in there. :hugs: I hope you don't have to wait much longer for your pathology results. Take care of yourself. The break that you're giving yourself should help you both physically and emotionally. Even if you're planning to lay low for awhile, we'll still be here for you. :hugs::hugs:

disney - what a gorgeous lining! maybe I should have done patches instead of the estrace pills. I forgot I still had patches when I was making the suggestion to my doc. Oh well. Fingers are so crossed for an uneventful transfer and the TWW after that!

boopin - well done on the weightloss, that's incredible! are you going for a certain number or just trying to 'lose a few'? I'm glad you're feeling well physically and hopefully your psyche is healing too. Those results will help, I'm sure. They did for me.

I have to be in a bathing suit in about a week. I wouldn't mind shedding another 2-3lbs but I've found, at the current weight I am, that means eating SUUUUPER clean. Not that that's a bad thing, but there's no room for error. So I guess that's what I'll do all next week - fruits, veggies, hard-boiled eggs, low low low carbs.
I don't know how, 4 yrs ago, I was able to maintain a weight that was about 8lbs less than where I am right now!! Age?? GAH!

Ladies, The pathology report is in...

Pathology Results:
Karyotype: arr(1-22)x2,(XY)x1
Array CGH: A normal male microarray result with
no copy number changes of clinical significance.

We were pregnant with a normal male embryo. So, now I'm left wondering why he didn't continue to grow?? :shrug: I'm sure now my RE will want to run a bunch of tests on me before I attempt my final FET. I'm perplexed as to why my pregnancy failed. Still no closure, just more questions.

Honestly, this news is hitting me hard. I didn't think that the results would effect me like this, but they are. I was pregnant with the son I've always wanted and he didn't survive. I'm going to have a sad day today. :cry:

Wish - Good luck with you diet. The beach is going to be awesome!

Boopin - I'm sorry that you didn't find the answers you were searching for. :hugs: We tested our embryos via PGS and knew it was genetically normal, but we had it tested again after my D&C anyway. If anything, the results told us that the lab thawed the right embryo for transfer, but the fact that the embryo was a normal girl didn't tell us anything about why the pregnancy failed to progress. My doctor ran a bunch of tests that still don't really point to a cause for 2 failed cycles with normal embryos. She did completely change my protocol for this cycle. If things work out, I can give you more details about what we did this time that was differ not from before. Hang in there. :hugs::hugs:

Disney - I'd appreciate that information very much. I'll take all the ideas/tips that I can. Thank you. :hugs:

ugh, boopin - I was hoping that would not be the answer. This happened to another friend of mine as well. I don't know what to say other than it wasn't meant to be this time around, but it WILL be. You'll have your son - his little spirit is out there trying to get to you. It'll happen. Huge hugs to you today, my friend. :hugs:

Thank you Wish for your kind words of encouragement. They mean everything to me right now. :hugs:

I'm headed to work... ughhhh!! I'll check back into bnb as soon as I can. Have a great day ladies. I'll talk to you soon. xoxo

Boopin - Sorry if this looks jumbled. I typed it out on an iPad.

Prior FETs:
  • Medications: Estrace, baby aspirin, dexamethesone, medrol, doxycycline, PIO, birth control pills only to manipulate cycle length for an exact transfer date (did not do BCP prior to every cycle)

Current FET:
  • Hysteroscopy - small piece of placenta tissue from last pregnancy removed and tested by pathology
  • NK Cell testing (normal)
  • Immune testing, testing for blood clotting disorders (normal)
  • BCP for 3 weeks -- last BCP coincides with first Lupron injection
  • Lupron - 10 units per day for 24 days, ending 6 days before transfer -- last Lupron injection coincides with first PIO injection
  • Estrogen patches started 6/29 -- change every-other day. Started with 1, upped to 2 after two times, upped to 3 after two times. Remain on 3 until 10th week of pregnancy (still changing patches every-other night)
  • Baby Aspirin - 1 pill a day starting at same time as estrogen. Continue until 10th week of pregnancy
  • Femara - 2 tabs a night for 5 nights, starting same night as estrogen start
  • PIO - Starts 6 nights before transfer - continue until 10th week of pregnancy
  • Medrol - 1 pill per night for four nights before transfer
  • Lovenox - 1 injection per night until heart beat is heard (*my blood work came back within normal range for clotting disorder; RE said the injection can't hurt anything but it may help - I already have the meds, so it doesn't hurt to try it). Starting 2 nights before transfer

We skipped the dexamethesone and doxycycline this cycle.

Tonight is my last Lupron injection and my first PIO. I trade tummy shots for butt shots (and a much larger needle!). :dohh:

I start a new tummy shot (Lovenox) on Tuesday night. I hear that one burns going in. :dohh::dohh:

Disney - Thank you so much for taking the time to type me out a comprehensive list. I'm interested in getting the NK cells test done. I've had the immune (blood clotting) tests done and they always come back normal. I know for sure they're going to want to perform another hysto before my FET. My nurse has already mentioned it. The only thing that looks different than my protocol is the Femara, estrogen patches vs. injections & suppositories and the Lovenox. What's Femara used for?? How does it benefit your FET cycle??

Thanks again!! :hugs:

My understanding is that the Femara is used to counter a missing protein in the uterus that impacts implantation. My doctor said that it's not something that she can easily test for, but there's no harm to using Femara in a FET cycle. So she's treating me as if I have the missing protein just in case I am, but we're not doing any harm with me taking it.

I forgot that I'm still on medication to keep my thyroid levels down, too. My levels are within normal range, but it's high for fertility and pregnancy without medication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->