IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Disney, I have an appointment scheduled with my RE on Friday 7/22 to review my next steps. I'll make a list of labs, medications and diagnostic tests that I'd like to have done. I'm definitely going to ask for the NK cells test to be ordered. And I'm going to inquire about the Femara. Thanks again for all the information. You've given me some great ideas to propose to my doctor.

Congrats on graduating to PIO in the bottom!! Are you going to ice your injection site before you inject?? You're getting closer to your FET!! I'm so excited for you Disney!! Yayyyyy!! :happydance:

Good luck at your appointment with your RE! :hugs:

Last Lupron shot and first PIO shot are done. I didn't ice because I'm afraid of helping the formation of knots in my behind. DH gets the job of doing my PIO injections and using one of those handheld battery operated back massagers on the area after. I'm afraid of how much I'll bruise after I start the lovenox.

I probably shouldn't have read up on other people's experiences and videos of lovenox injections. Most people say it BURNS A LOT. Someone posted that it's basically sodium, so it's just like rubbing salt on a wound. Mind over matter, though -- I know I can do it. :thumbup:

I probably shouldn't have read up on other people's experiences and videos of lovenox injections. Most people say it BURNS A LOT. Someone posted that it's basically sodium, so it's just like rubbing salt on a wound. Mind over matter, though -- I know I can do it. :thumbup:

You got this Disney!! Keep your eyes on the PRIZE!! And remember no massaging/rubbing the Lovenox injection site. It'll cause bruising because it's a blood thinner. YOU CAN DO THIS!! =D> We're all rooting for you!! \\:D/

You got this Disney!! Keep your eyes on the PRIZE!! And remember no massaging/rubbing the Lovenox injection site. It'll cause bruising because it's a blood thinner. YOU CAN DO THIS!! =D> We're all rooting for you!! \\:D/

Thanks!!! :hugs:

Hi ladies, sorry I've been a bit quiet. I've been following on my phone but work really has stepped up a notch and I've been a bit distracted. It seems there are a lot of in answered questions, especially for Boopin and Amanda. I'm thinking of you both and just hope that next time round will be the cycle for you.

Wish: hope the diet is working out. I actually found I'm around 2lb lighter as my base weight since ttc. I think it is the low alcohol life, those glasses of wine pile it on!

Disney: everything crossed for Thursday, great lining!

Klik: how are you? I hope you have fun in Greece, I go there nearly every year :)

I'm still waiting for my NKC, my clinic has been a bit rubbish with getting my records for me and these results, I'll chase them next week. The clotting factor came back normal, so that's good. I have ARGC in 2 weeks and am looking forward to hearing what he has to say. Had a fight with my husband last night for getting drunk. I just hate how intrusive this ttc is on normal life. Every time I see him drink it makes me think of damaged sperm. I think I'm a bit OTT about it but can't help myself!

Aster - I'm sorry to hear that you and hubby are at odds with his drinking. I swear... men just don't seem to get how serious this whole baby creating business is. Try not to stress too much hun, as that isn't healthy for you either. Out of curiosity what/who is ARGC?? :dohh: I wish you GL with all your upcoming tests!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Aster - I'm sorry to hear that you and hubby are at odds with his drinking. I swear... men just don't seem to get how serious this whole baby creating business is. Try not to stress too much hun, as that isn't healthy for you either. Out of curiosity what/who is ARGC?? :dohh: I wish you GL with all your upcoming tests!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi Boopin, the ARGC is an IVF clinic in London. It has very good success rates and the main Dr. oversees every patient and he's supposed to be a little controversial. I've heard mixed reviews so we are going to meet him and see what we think.

good luck to everyone! I'm not mad that I got to miss out on shots in the butt, that's for sure. But I hope it does everything you need it to, disney! transfer this week, right??

aster - work is kicking up for me too so i might be a little quiet. I'll try to check in. Yeah, having the ability to drink this weekend didn't help my diet whatsoever. So I'll try to be really good with everything this week - we got pizza in the office today and I only had a salad instead! :)
if it helps at all, my DH didn't stop having beers either and it didn't impact his sperm. Granted he wouldn't really get 'drunk' per se, but there were a couple of nights playing board games with his Dad that he was buzzed. It definitely sucks being the only one at the table not drinking, though.

Hi ladies, just got my NKC results but I'm not entirely sure what they mean. They are all within the range on the form but I've read any over 15% is bad. One of mine is 20% so I will have to see what the RE says. All the other tests on there came out good so it's just this one at the 50:1 dilution. Going to put it to the back of my mind until my appointment.

Hello, ladies! :hi:

Disneyfan: WOOHOO on your cushy lining! I've just read that bio-identical estrogen helps some women to form lining better than the non-, and I think patches are bio-identical?! Whatever! The good thing is, they worked for you! :thumbup: I hope everything keeps running just as smoothly... For about 9 months, and onwards! :dust: I didn't have much time to take pictures--my best ones are from the plane, coming back! I'll try to post some when I'm a little more caught up... :wacko:

Boopin: I'm so sorry you didn't get any closure... It does feel better to know why--it gives the sadness a kind of focus that you just don't get when it's all unknown... you become afraid that there's something wrong with your body... I'm really sorry... I'm glad you're shedding weight, though. I wish you comfort and healing, and much, much luck for your next attempt. :hugs:

Wish: It's nice you're having some time off... But Thursday is not that far away, and I hope your meeting is truly excellent and leads to the great results, very quickly! As for weight, it definitely becomes harder to keep it off as one gets older... Ugh. I'm actually always on the limit of overweight (the Greece trip pushed me over, unsurprisingly!), but I do exercise so some of that is muscle... Still, I could stand to lose a few kilos! Anyway, I wish you luck for your swimsuit target, but, before that, much luck for Thursday and beyond!

Asterimou: Greece was nice, but work was hectic! Even the meals were work-related! :wacko: At least they were tasty, though, and I can't really complain about "having" to have a meal in Plaka, with a view of the Acropolis! :winkwink: I don't know what your NK cells results mean either... Yeah, ARGC is indeed controversial, but if you decide to go with them, I hope it works for you without much hassle! :dust: As for the man drinking, for me it's really before sperm collection that it drives me bonkers. Any other time, and I think, "We can just BD those bad sperm out of him" :winkwink:

Amanda: I wonder if you're travelling already? If so, I hope you're enjoying this AMAZING weather we seem to be having in Europe!

Hope: Wishing you much luck on your last few weeks before the birth!

Ugh, my update: I was instructed on Friday to come back for a scan on Monday, so I changed my flight to do this... Life is really hard when you're TTC artificially... I ended up having a one-hour meeting on Monday morning and then rushing off to fly back home. I ended up having to show up at the clinic with a suitcase full of olive oil! :haha: (If you have family in Greece, which I do, you tend to end up bringing food back with you...) Anyway, I was hoping to put patches on after that scan, but sadly my period started instead and now I'm lost again--is this a new cycle? Is it just a breakthrough bleed? What's going on? My cyst is still there, but it's at least making less estrogen... The good thing is, my two clinics are in agreement on the next step (scan on Thursday to try and determine whether this is indeed a new cycle, or whether I should induce ovulation by injecting myself with hcg). Please, body, give me a break! I have acupuncture today, so hopefully (!!) I will at least have a chance to relax...

Hi ladies, just got my NKC results but I'm not entirely sure what they mean. They are all within the range on the form but I've read any over 15% is bad. One of mine is 20% so I will have to see what the RE says. All the other tests on there came out good so it's just this one at the 50:1 dilution. Going to put it to the back of my mind until my appointment.

I just looked mine up -- at 50:1, my result was 20.3 (with normal rage defined as 12.1-37.4). My doctor said that my test results were "100% completely normal " and that I did not need intralipid infusions.

welcome back from Greece, klik!! sounds so wonderful - I wonder if I'll ever make it there. suitcase full of olive oil - ahhhhhhh!!

aster - I wish I knew more about NKC to help, but alas, I do not. It's too controversial still here in the US for them to suggest we look into those, so I got nuthin. But I hope you get some answers soon!

lots of good things going on this Thurs, then, right? disney's transfer, klik's next scan and my DE kickoff!

Aster - I hope DH will come around and realize that him giving up booze is nothing compared to what you are putting yourself through with all of these meds, tests, and procedures. :hugs:

Wish - That's awesome that your DE cycle is kicking off soon! I'll be cheering for your success! :happydance:

Klik - I'm glad that you had fun in Greece. I hope you had some time to enjoy some work-free time for yourself. I'm sorry that your cycle is still making you :dohh:. :hugs: Hope you get some positive news from your scan on Thursday. Good luck!

Boopin - I hope you are doing well. :hugs:

Hope - Hi! :flower:

We are transferring the day after tomorrow! :happydance:

Hi Klik, I didn't realise you have Greek family as well. Looks like you brought the weather back with you, it's been such a beautiful day on the south coast :shipw:

I feel your frustration, why can't our bodies just do what they are told to! I hope you get some answers at the scan.

On the sperm thing the reason I get so het up is it takes 90days ish to make sperm so if he gets drunk tonight that sperm could be the sample I get in 3 months. Actually having a blow out before transfer is a safe time to do it! So because I don't know exactly when the next cycle is I just want him to be good all the time, why risk it. I think if my embryos had been good quality I wouldn't be so militant but there does seem to be something wrong and RE said its either egg, sperm or both. Grrrrrr

Hey Disney: I just posted and then your messages came up. Thanks so much for that my NKC is very similar to yours so hopefully that means I'm 'normal'. I really hope so as its one less treatment;) good luck on Thursday, I'm wishing with all my heart this one sticks xx

Hi Wish: good luck on Thursday as well with the DE stuff, let us know how it goes.

Disneyfan: Best of luck tomorrow! I'll be sending lots of good thoughts! I hope it's not too uncomfortable, with the full bladder and all... And most importantly, I hope it sticks and stays stuck! :dust:

Wish: indeed, tomorrow is quite eventful... Good luck on the DE meeting. I hope this path really works out for you... :hugs:

Asterimou: Yeah, I'm loving this weather! Hey, I didn't realise it took so long to make sperm! Wow... So funny, I've researched my reproductive system so much but not DP's! I guess I assumed it was just a couple of days because towards sperm collection they suggest ejaculation every 2-3 days, but clearly that's for entirely different reasons! Ok, then yeah, I think your DH needs to at least not get totally smashed... I hope he "gets it", sooner rather than later... :hugs:

Thanks, Klik! I have acupuncture scheduled for before and after, so I have to start drinking extra early! I started my lovenox injections last night. Oh my -- it burns A LOT!!

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! You too, Wish! :hugs::hugs:

Disney - I'm sending positive vibes and lots of hugs your way. GL tomorrow!! :dust:

Thanks, Boopin! :hugs: It's hard to believe the day is almost finally here. I'm taking a few days off from work to really rest and relax afterwards. It feels like the work day will never end today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->