IVF September

Ask - I'm glad the injections are going well. I used numbing cream on mine as I hate needles! Wasn't too bad to be honest.. I think the build up is worse than the prick!

Katie, thats a great retreival! I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. Fingers crossed for fertilisation. Keep us updated! Sadly we don't have bloods. We are given a HPT to do on Thursday and then if that's positive, I will have a scan the week after.

Asryellah- You're not out until the ugly witch rears her head. Keep positive. I'm not testing until I have to do my HPT on Thursday as I'm scared it's not stuck as I have near to zero symptoms. Just a constant headache. Sending you lots of baby wishes xx

Asryellah, don't let a test get you down, you're not out until AF shows; it could have been very diluted or a faulty test.
I hope your clinic can get you a blood test soon.

I am only 3dp3dt today and don't really have any symptoms. Cramps the last few days but I think they were a result of all the poking and prodding of last week's procedures. Mild constipation too but haven't had any of the progesterone side effects I had in my first cycle yet.

Asryellah,

Don't let those cheap strips get you down ok?! I don't trust them fully, and I have read a lot of research on them (and despite what they say on the box) and don't think they are as accurate as you would hope. Plus, you are still early out. The advised me not to do them at all because even 10 days after transfer is still really early. The only thing I trust is a serious case of AF or a blood test. If I don't have either one of those, I wouldn't put salt in those things. My mom didn't have a positive even at the hospital with my sister until 6-7 weeks! They kept sending her home saying she was crazy because their urine tests were coming back negative. She finally got a blood test and it was positive. Granted this was in 1990, but still. Don't give up hope!! This is why I hate those tests so much.

Many factors could have been at play, including concentrated versus dilute urine, time of day, etc. Keep the faith my friend! Also, symptoms this early are difficult to detect. Some people have different symptoms for each of their pregnancies too. After all this time trying (4 years) I don't even bother with symptoms. Especially with all the meds we are on!! Keep going and don't give up hope! I'm sure we all wish we could give you a big hug and tell you we know how if feels.

Ask4joy- the injections aren't as bad as we get ourselves all rev'd up about. What I do when I'm doing them to others/myself, is make sure I have the tissue firm in my hand (kinda pooched out) and gently scratch the skin a little close to the site where I will be injecting. The needle is so small and the nerves on your stomach are more spread apart then your hands/feet/face, that you wont feel it at all. It works for me! Also, the anticipation is way worse then the actual injection. I totally understand as I HATE needles. :wacko:

Good luck everyone else! I'm feeling better today although still kind of full feeling. I had a long good sleep last night too! I did like my hubby taking care of me yesterday though!! :thumbup:

-Katie

Thank you all for your such kind words :hugs::kiss: I know you all know how it feels. How sad that is to say it. We all deserve a sticky bean. :hugs:

After 4 years, I thought this is it now, but sadly things seem bad :cry:
I went for beta today and will get results tomorrow afternoon. I do believe I'm out, even though there could be number of things resulting to fainting, but for bfp to come up for several days - and then disappear - has happened to me before. I believe this has been a chemical pregnancy.

Trying to find a silver lining is that, well something tried to happen. And another is better now than later.

Sorry for being all about myself.

I hope you all have better results :thumbup:

Asryellah,
I'm so sorry! Try to sleep well tonight and think about something else (even though that is a nearly impossible task)!

Update- Clinic just called me. <24 hours out, of the 20 eggs: 3 were not mature enough, 13 had a polar body but have not fertilized yet, and 4 fertilized. They are going to keep the 13 and hope they fertilize. They will update me tomorrow on the 13. Has anyone had this happen where they wait for the others?
-K

Asryellah,
I'm so sorry! Try to sleep well tonight and think about something else (even though that is a nearly impossible task)!

Update- Clinic just called me. <24 hours out, of the 20 eggs: 3 were not mature enough, 13 had a polar body but have not fertilized yet, and 4 fertilized. They are going to keep the 13 and hope they fertilize. They will update me tomorrow on the 13. Has anyone had this happen where they wait for the others?
-K
Hmmm. Are you using icsi?

Well, beta hcg 4.0 :cry:
I believe they take everything below 5 a "not pregnant" I did get a faint line in hpt this morning. Quite funny they can pick up such low notes :wacko:
Anyway, I haven't received a call from the clinic I just looked that up from online service. So I do not know how to proceed, should I stop progesterone now? I assume so.

How is everyone else doing? :)

A-
I'm so so so sorry. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I don't know if words can. :( -K

I'm so sorry Asry. :hugs: I've had 3 chemicals myself and they are so heartbreaking. I was getting a faint positive when my hcg was only 7. And another time my beta was "negative" (they didn't give me a number just said negative) and I had a faint line the same day as the beta that faded out over the next couple days. Some of these tests are really sensitive. Did you do PGS/PGD?

Day 3 of stims here. My ovaries were going crazy yesterday afternoon/evening. Not feeling much today but the day is young! First follicle count and bloodwork is Thursday.

Oh Asryellah I am so sorry to hear that sweet. Mine too have been getting lighter over the last two days. Trying to keep positive, but think it's a chemical. No symptoms. No AF. Feeling pretty rubbish. Official test Thursday so I'll know for certain x

Thank you lovely supportive Ladies :hugs: I hope you will bring good news to this thread! ::thumbup: we need some BFPs here!

Like my doctor said a silver lining for this one too, atleast something tried to happen. She prescribed me now DHEA which is "youth hormone" and widely in use in US with IVF. I do not know will we get funds to go for second IVF but I can use that anyway.

Ask - sorry whats PGD?
Kk - any news?
Miss Evers - i'm keeping all my limbs crossed your BFP is about to be legit in two days

A- It is nice to find something positive out of everything. I always try to think that when each cycle ends in BFN. I'm sorry. My silver lining is working out hard again and a glass of wine at dinner.:(

So far so good for us. 6 eggs fertilized out of the 17, 35%. Not great but not bad. Sounds like the eggs are good quality, but the sperm aren't getting in. (DH won't like that :dohh:) Day2: Of the 6, 5 are 4-cell, 1 is grade 4 (excellent) and 4 are grade 3 (good). 1 is 2-cell, grade 3.

So it sounds like we finally have a bit of resolve of what is happening (since the only issue so far is DH having on the slower side forward motility). After decapitation they are good (90%), but the aren't getting into my ft. knox egg. If we do IVF again, we will do ICSI.
Wish us luck and i'll keep y'all updated.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks asryellah. I'll keep you posted. I took DHEA. I also took 300mg of coenzymeQ10 soft gels. I swear it's the only reason I got as far as I did. I ordered them from a health store online as we too only get one shot of funded fertility treatment.

KK. Try not to be disheartened. Easier said than done I know. We only managed 1 egg at retreival and currently I believe he is still in my tummy. Keep positive. All will come good.

Good luck to all you other lovely ladies xx

MissE - holding out hope for you!

KK - you have 6 embies growing! Yay!

Asry - PGS is preimplantation genetic screening and PGD is preimplantation genetic diagnosis. I am going PGS b/c both my husband and I have chromosomal abnormalities and I've had 3 CPs. They will test the embryos to look for ones that are chromosomally normal to transfer. By the time we are 35 about 50% of our eggs are abnormal simply due to age alone. It's additional $4000 (plus $1500 for ICSI and $1000 for freezing) and we are paying out of pocket. This better work!

Thanks asryellah. I'll keep you posted. I took DHEA. I also took 300mg of coenzymeQ10 soft gels. I swear it's the only reason I got as far as I did. I ordered them from a health store online as we too only get one shot of funded fertility treatment.

KK. Try not to be disheartened. Easier said than done I know. We only managed 1 egg at retreival and currently I believe he is still in my tummy. Keep positive. All will come good.

Good luck to all you other lovely ladies xx

Good to know!! Did you have any side affects from DHEA? I also read lots of success stories of conceiving naturally with DHEA with this "older age". My Dr prescribed 2x25mg per day.
So tomorrow is the day!! Will you get beta?

Ask - ok, no we did not do that. That is yes an option but terribly costly yes :nope: I will give a shot for DHEA as it is supposed to bring "youth" to your egg quality. I dont know if we are going to be able to go to 2nd Ivf. If not naturally it is, untill xxxxx...
I know we are so lucky to have one beautiful boy :cloud9: I would just love him to have a sibling :hugs:

Good luck to you all, I will stalk this thread if you dont mind even I'm totally out already.

Yes please stay Asry! Do you have any frozen embryos / will you be doing a FET anytime soon? Or would you have to cycle again?

Day 4 for me and starting to feel really bloated and crampy. DH thinks it's just the Mexican we had last night...I think it's probably a combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->