Ivf @ st Mary's December onwards st marys info and phone# on 1st page

We are near daisy nook what about you?
Well now the ball is rolling bring on the needles lol

We are the other end, not far from Huddersfield rd.
I am worried about the first consulatiOn as I have no idea what to expect, it's so scary! I also don't know what happens going forward after the consultation? I have posted on a thread in here but didn't hear anything back. X

Well on there website it says you should start injectables approximately 3weeks after acceptance so if you go and they say yes ivf is your best option then they will go through the plan eg how many embryos to put in, what the plan is the meds they will use and complete consent forms it says the appointment is about an hour.
https://www.cmft.nhs.uk/directorates/ivf/consultations.asp.html there is other info on there to :hugs:

Thanks for the info x
When I have looked online I think it will be icsi which we will be doing.
I am also a little worried as when I had internal scan the nurse said my ovaries looked a little swollen? Dreading the consultation! X

:/ swolen WTH is that supposed to mean :( Ok I just looked it up this is what I found
Swollen ovaries can be a very painful and worrisome medical issue. In most cases, a swollen or enlarged ovary often leads to pain in the lower abdominal region as well as in the back. Because the ovaries house and release a woman’s eggs, swollen ovaries can also cause one’s menstrual cycle to become erratic or unpredictable. Some women experience a period that lasts for weeks while others go months without experiencing any period at all

Well what ever they discovered its amazing what they can do and they take complete controll ov your cycles so try not to worry too much :hugs:

I have looked it up and read that but I have no pain or anything just irregular periods, we shall see though, she did say everything else looked fine.
So when did your journey begin? X

Ok if she wasn't concerned then I'm sure you will be fine :hugs:
Well we have been together over 10 years and never used contraception so ntnp for about 9 years but really trying properly for 2years I've had 2surgeries in the last 11 months to remove endometriosis the firs time it came back within 3-4 months and my last surgery was 2weeks ago so m gyne doc said ivf needs to be ASAP before the endo comes back hence the panic with waiting lol I have quite short cycles and always ovulate on cd10 and all other test show that everything is fine it's just the endo causing problems :(

Have you been told what your reasons are yet? :(

We are male factor, don't have numbers or results from dh SA, however that could all change I suppose, Once we have our consultation. Knowing our luck it will be a double whammy!
I am sure you will receive letter soon and you too can get the ball rolling! When we went for bloods and stuff st Mary's seemed to be so sufficient, there was no waiting around or messing x

Well even if worst case it was double whammy your having icsi so they will still do the same and you WILL get your bfp but I think everything will be just fine :hugs:

Your so positive, I think I need to take a leaf out of your book! X

:hugs::hugs: well I'm here any time if you have any worries it's good to find someone to take the ivf journey with :hugs:

Thanks hunni!
It's an exciting journey, yet so scary at the same time:hugs:

It is, it's filled with so many emotions but I guess we will have to learn to deal with them all at once I guess it's just a case of staying focused on what we are doing it for :hugs::hugs:

Hi jojo!
Can't believe we all live in the Oldham area, what a coincidence!
I wouldn't worry about what she said in the scan, I got told I had a massive cyst on my ovary & when I had my laparoscopy there was no evidence that I'd ever had a cyst. The consultant will look at all the results & give you better information.
I was really scared of going for the 1st appointment but it was fine. He said since OH's swimmers look fine but I have irregular periods it's best to try Clomid for a few months, before moving onto IUI.
What consultant are you under?
Wannabe I hope you get your letter this week!
We could all be at St Mary's at the same time one day lol
Xx

Wow how crazy we could all go to st marys in the car together lol How amaizing, what a small world I really hope we all get out bfp soon :hugs: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Me too wanabe, I have high hopes for my 1st cycle of Clomid, but then another part of me says we would never be so lucky for it to work 1st time!
Awww it's so nice that we are all in the same boat to support each other.
I wonder why my appointment was put back to June but you guys are getting letters to go in march? God knows how the appointment system works lol
Xx

I have no idea when I will be going I havnt even received my first appointment yet we havnt been once yet, I don't understand why they put you off to June maby they think there's a chance you can conceive with clomid :shrug:
Yey at least we have each other to wait it out with it could be June for me yet I have no idea is there any way you could get your appointment brought forward ?
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->