IVF sucess now in 1st Trimester

Aimze you are most definately not a downer. It hurts and it's scary. If you want to increase blood flow have you thought about acupuncture? I go and that's what it is for. I like you am 7weeks 4days and baby is now measuring 7 weeks 1 day with a heartbeat of 133. I thought this was low for now but dr thought it was fine and frankly I think it's mostly because I would have miscarried by now. The yolk sac is the same so while they made it clear I am still at risk they found the rest reassuring. Not reassuring enough though because I go back again next week again unless bleeding/cramping starts. If I make it to 10 weeks we will start the abnormality testing as my large yolk sac can be a sign of those issues. Aimze we may be down but we're not out. One day at a time...

Hi Amize and Peach ....
Be strong girls!! It will all work out for you both ....There is not enough US data on developing embryo's at this early stage. Most of my friends got their 1st US between 10-12 weeks. Its only us IVF'ers who get early US's. There is a baby and his/her heart is beating away. That is very positive. You little peanut will catch up!! Hugs to you both and be strong ....

Hey girls sorry I have been awol, but couldn't find the thread in 1st tri!!!!

Aimez - I know it'll be hard few days til the next scan, but it just may be a slow grower. It's in there and growing with a heartbeat, so there are loads of good things. No they didn't measure the heartbeat to my knowledge, all they said was there was one. Try not to Google it doesn't know you, your specific body etc only the drs know that and they are the experts! Google generalises.
But I know there isn't anything I can say or do to make you feel better, just that we are all here for you!
Glad to know everyone else is doing well.

my tiredness is gone now, feel quite perky in fact. Boobs got massive massive and a bit more veiny the guys at work commented how big they are... stomach protruding quite a bit now, and just letting it hang out. Got all the maternity stuff down from the loft (all tops) so they are all washed and ironed. So they'll be put in a drawer until I need them.
The two new little tunic dresses I got are perfect at the moment, need to get some better leggings though, but the ones I have will do for the time being!

Now 9w2d as of tomorrow. Maternity appt next week so see how that goes. Just anxious to make sure it is all ok in there!!!!

aimze, the book my mom-in-law got me said to sleep on your left side to increase blood flow to the uterus!! :thumbup: I'm not even comfortable sleeping on my left, but I've been doing it anyway.... God knows if it helped :wacko:

I checked with my books and there's conflicting numbers on what your embryo should measure at 7 weeks. Some say half an inch, others say less. that's the trouble with doing IVF... we're so tuned in to things that the average woman would never worry about. Over here in the US, regular pregnant women don't even go for a first ultrasound until 8-10 weeks. Some clinics won't even see a woman until she's at the end of her first trimester! Because of that, we just don't know whether this really means anything.

I am praying for you that everything will turn out just fine :hugs: too bad we can't have a freakin glass of wine during all this.. it would be WAY less stressful, right? :dohh:

Hmommy i read half an inch...5mm is pretty diddy...

I shall try sleeping on left side & walking loads over next few weeks...

Peach im glad your little bean is still there! When is your next scan? X

Girls, I'm feeling down today. I have absolutely no symptoms...can't help but think it has to be a bad sign. :( surely if baby was thriving I'd feel something?? Have my ultrasound on Monday and feeling like we're in for disappointment.

Sorry for being so miserable....just needed to vent here because I don't want to upset hubby :cry:

Anyone have some good news to share?? :flower:

Hmommy- I've just complained of this and everyone says it happened to them and then went on to deliver healthy babies. They say symptoms go off and on?. It's so worrisome & I feel it too. I'm pregnant with twins & I feel normal most days every now and again I get queasy. :shrug: it's very strange. But hang in there, your lil babe is just fine growing & we are just lucky to not be sick and just being able to enjoy what's going on!!

Thanks bma, that's reassuring to hear. I am mad at myself for feeling this way because I waited so long to get pregnant and now that I am I just can't relax and enjoy it. Ugh...

Bma and Hmommy you are absolutely lucky to not have any symptoms. I'm nauseous enough for all three of us lol. It's also still early. You may not have any or it could kick in around 8th week. But I can't wait to hear about your sonos

I had mine yesterday and I could see the baby's head. And the heart beat was 160. My dr is weaning me off estrace, down to one pill a day. But still on progesterone 3 times a day. Can't wait for those things to be done. I just want to go in the pool and I'm paranoid to wear a bathing suit with all this goopy stuff lol.

Hmommy- everyone says that. I'm trying to relax & enjoy it and be happy. Easier said than done.

BbBlues- awe I'm sorry you are having so much nausea . I've just been eating frequently and drinking ginger ale and wearing sea bands . I'm 8 weeks 2 days & have not been very sick! Crazy because I get nausea even if I'm not pregnant!

Today is my first ultrasound and OB appointment. I'm bringing DH and my step kids. :)
Of course I still have ultrasounds weekly at the fertility clinic and saw both babies Monday morning. So cute!!

yay for such a strong heartbeat!!! I'm down to estrace twice a day and still doing progesterone in oil shots. I remember during my iui's doing the endometrin and I only had to do it once a day at night!!! Can't imagine 3 times a day.

Bma make sure you add a photo :)

Hmommy I wake up every other morning with a hangover style queasiness...my boobs ache nearly consistently but that's all...

Mon is close Hun...you're in the home run!

AFm....feeling a bit more chirpy...spent today making a veg soup...walkin, sleeping etc...

Called the clinic for a full report since I literally ran out yesterday...they said "more often than not" they catch up & there is no comment about the heartbeat being slow etc...

Were just booking a long weekend away to take our minds off things...x

See aimez, if they were worried then they would get you in sooner. See what I meant about just . Listen to the sea, don't Google or presume things,as more than likely they are not right and inaccurate!!!!
Sounds positive from the drs tho!!!!

I feels cheated I have no sickness. Tiredness has gone, boobs easing off(by definitely bigger). I want something to feel like something is happening. But 3 weeks to potential 12 week scan, so should have a better look at the little one..

Just out of curiosity are people finding out the sex when they can???? I'm not sure whether to or not. One hand I'd like it to be a surprise, but if they ask if we want to know it'll be hard not to know!!!!
But will be glad to be out of 1st tri tho!!!

Been to hairdressers and now I am a Jennifer Aniston blonde now!!!! Looks all summery!!!!

Oooo I'm liking the sound of your new hair soph!

I've also just found a thread from a lady on first tri & everything is fine with her....I'm still going to stay @ hme so I can relax an chill out..

If all goes well I will find out the sex...I was going to be naughty an have a 16 week scan but if I have an ultrasound next week & week after I don't want to have too many scans x

Uk ladies....

Next have a sale starting Friday online...there is a lot of nice mat dresses..I don't quite dare buy any :-/ x

Bbblues, yey for a beautiful sono!! :)

Aimze, so happy to hear your news from the Dr! :)

Bma, can't wait to hear about your sono today!! :)

Lots of good news keeps me smiling. Xo

Ladies I just wrote this....man quote maybe lol?

[B] The ultrasound probe is a similar size and shape to a tampon and this is gently inserted into the vagina. The scan will be performed with an empty bladder.[/B]

I just got back and everything looks good. I had a procedure called a LEEP in 2008 so it may have shorten my cervix and to be on the safe side my ob wants to do a cerclage on me. (Put a stitch in my cervix). So ill do that pretty soon and then ill do my nuchal screenin test at 12 weeks . Babies were squirming around today!

[URL=https://s1287.photobucket.com/user/bma711/media/image_zps91adddaf.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/bma711/image_zps91adddaf.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Bma they look fab...isn't it crazy what a difference a few weeks in a scan makes! They're proper little babies x

Wow...... amazing scan. How long gone are you? Amazing what a difference a week or so makes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->