IVF sucess now in 1st Trimester

hmommy, i am so very sad to hear this news. you are absolutely in my prayers.

Hmommy don't question everything hun it hurts too much...your precious one was too beautiful for this earth...

Where you are do they offer you any testing as to why?

Massive hugs Hun x

Thanks Aimze, they offer testing but for additional cost so we declined. They will be testing my blood work for issues. When I think about it, from the start this pregnancy was problematic. :( my husband and mother in law want me to jump right back in to ivf but I need a break.

But the good thing as i said with Aimze, you know you can get pregnant, so you obvioulsy have a good little environment. It may just be that it was natures way of letting go of the little ones that there was something wrong with them to cause them less pain later on.

You and only you can know when you are ready for going through this again. It is easy for others to say get back into it when it is not their bodies being injected, probed, prodded, scanned etc, and that's just the physical side, the emtional and mental side is a whole different subject. Again you became emtionally attached to that little one inside you, and that will take longer to get over that pain, they wouldn;t expect if you had given birth to a baby if it died to the say to you get pregnant straight away - no difference what so ever in my mind
You'll know when it is the right time and then hopefully if you go to the same place they may provide extra screening of the eggs?? Worth checking.

Just take care of yourself, come to terms with it all, then see where and how you feel once time has passed, then whatever you decide - go for it.
You WILL be a mother one day, by what method is unknown at the moment, but if you believe that - then it will happen!!!

Hmomy soph is so correct about the later issues..

I thought to myself if my poor bean couldn't make it it could be because they have an awful disability that would just cause issues in early life an that's no way to live.

Your body will need a little break, can you have a vacation? Also take as much time off work to heal an feel better...me taking 3 weeks off work was such a godsend x

exactly - you have to grieve - otherwise you will be able to cope for a while them your ody will just force you to grieve. My friend just carried on after her mc, then her body broke down in uncontrolable shakes & dr said it was because she hadn't grieved properly, and then she just let the floodgates out.
Its essential you go through the process properly, then you will know when you are ready.
As Aimze said a holiday just the pair of you - as hubby must be upset too, but probably knowing men just not showing it!

Time is a great healer, and time is the only thing which you have to give yourself in order to heal fully!

But we are still here for you, no matter what life throws at you if you need us!

My mom just flew in to stay with us for a few days and I'm letting all the grief out. I've taken the week off work and am dreading going back and seeing everyone..Ugh... :(

sometimes there are times that only your mum can help, even if just hugging you and letting you cry...

Hope you are feeling a little better in yourself today?

Re going into work - i know that is going to be hard, i think i was more worried about everyones reactions should IVF have not worked out than my reaction.
Are they aware at the moment - might be worth telling someone to pass the word out so that everyone knows before you get there, so no awkward questions about them thinking you are still pregnant etc. I know in myself i would not know how to react to someone who miscarried, not know what to say, how to act. Once you are back, it might be worth sending out an email to everyone who knew/needs to know how to act round you, how to apologise in advance if you get tearful, a breif precis on what happened, what the plans are (all depends on how much you want to tell people of course) so all those questions are answered, so they can work out how to act/what to say, as they might need your help in knowing whether you want to talk about it/not want to talk about it.

Soph, I took your advice and emailed my coworkers. I told them we lost baby but know that these things happen and we're moving along with a plan b. I also said no hugs or they'll have to carry me out in a straight jacket! :wacko:

I go back on Tuesday and know it'll suck at first, but once I get it over with I can move forward.

We called our ivf clinic yesterday and have an appointment with our Dr next Thursday. I want to have another round...hopefully in October. We don't have the money but my mother in law told us she'd lend it and we can pay her back. This time round I hope I produce more than 6 lousy eggs so we might have a shot at freezing a couple. Who knows. Right now it just makes us feel better to have a plan :thumbup:

Oh that's brill news Hmommy 're the decisions you've made. The des will be able to help with how to tweak to get more eggs...

're the email, I'm sure they will need time to think what to say and do when they see you, but least they know and that little hurdle overcome.

Have as good weekend as possible, but now you have plans I'm sure it is easier to look forward bit like aimze going for her adoption open day. Gives you things to look forward to.

Soph great advice re email...I never officially told my team but hearsay got around...if I ever do get preg naturally ill tell my team as soon as I know...

For me...we start stage one Wednesday...4 hour course...so so excited!! We're off work next week an decoratin the nursery, amazin new blinds chosen! I shal post before an after photos...

I'm still on herbal "good mood tablets" St. John's wort...I got moody when I stopped so carried on - hmommy might be worth a look....I feel better emotionally but physically I'm not sure, I'm havin some pain like egg collection an super bloated. Wonderd whether you can get sore follicles after?

X

Hmommy I really don't check in often but when I do you are one I like to see how all is going. I was just devastated with your news but am so happy for you moving on and starting again. Shows great strength of character I hope this time is really it for you. My bff was just telling me that it seems like my body needs a break that I've been on too many meds for too long and I wanted to tell her to go hell but I simply told her that I know what's best for me and my body. People who haven't gone through what we have will never truly understand. I'm praying for you..

Aimze I didn't read back very far but saw a nursery are you adopting already? If so how exciting.

Afm this is my first month of clomid. We are going to try this for 3 mos. Seems a little backwards since most ladies I talk to try it first but oh well I've never done anything like everyone else so why start now. Just figured may as well try this while on break from ivf. Hope everyone else is wonderful!

Peachy, thanks so much for your kind words :hugs: I am dealing with the grief, but optimistic about a healthier, happier pregnancy in the future. [-o<

I agree about the comments people make... it's fine for them to say what they want about hormones and shots (let me guess, she has kids right??) as for us TTC, it's a battle and you don't give up on something you want, no matter what route you take. Hang in there, and I've got you in my prayers.

AFM, went to work for the first time today and was proud of myself that I only cried once! lol..

One insensitive coworker actually said 'Well, at least you have a stepson..." Yeah, it sure makes me feel better thinking of the child my husband had with another woman. Awesome! :wacko: I know she meant well, but it irritated me... and scared me to think that she might be right.. I'll only ever be a stepmother. OMG.

Well girls, I have an appointment on Thursday with my RE. I'm also switching to a high risk doc for obgyn. I'll post to let you know how things go, but otherwise, I don't want to be a negative nelly on this lovely site so I'll just check in from time to time to see how everyone's doing with their pregnancies. You all are in my prayers constantly, and I've loved being a part of this thread. Hugs and love to you all. :hugs: -Kelly

Peachy we've started our adoption journey, had a first prep course tonight which was interesting...adoptions something we considered 18momths ago so seemed the right thing..

Hope you're doing ok Hun?

Hmommy work sounds like u did well :) people say the stupidest things!!

Ladies I've been referred for recurrent miscarriages, really shocked as thought had to have 3 losses...they took 7 vials of blood from me an hub an will test chorosomes an several bits on me...not sure what will happen after as we won't do another Ivf with pgd..I dunno..he said certain conditions are treated with aspirin so we shall see...also booked for a laposcophy, anyone had one?

Peachy have you had a period yet? I'm 8 weeks from miscarriage an nada, an hcg >5 so no new pregnancy xx

Well I had an appointment with my dr yesterday. They did another test and I had a sono to measure the baby's organs/body. And to our surprise we saw the babys wee bits! So we are having a boy. I was shocked I was convinced I was having another girl. They said no painting rooms until 20 weeks but they said 98% sure it was a boy lol.

How exciting blues!!! A pink an a blue :) x

wow Blues!!! Literally Blue!!

I'm convinced i'm having a boy, but i think i would like a girl in my heart.... I don't think i want to find out, but come to the crunch on the 20 weeks scan end of this month it'll be hard not to know!!

Thanks ladies. Pcsoph its so exciting when you find out but I totally understand if you don't. There is not too many surprises in the IVF journey. But it was strange and exciting to be going to the boy side of the store lol.

Aimze anything new?

Hmommy hope your feeling a little better

Well not had the discussion with hubby yet whether he wants to know or not, as we have to decide one way or another. One can't know without letting it slip along the time.
Just hope when crunch comes to crunch if we decide not to we don't waver and change our minds or see something obvious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->