IVF sucess now in 1st Trimester

Bbblues, my ultrasound went great! What a relief to see the little peanut bouncing around! That'll keep me happy for a few days until the doubts start creeping in again no doubt! :) my hematoma is still there, but the nurse said it's not near the placenta so shouldn't be a threat to the baby...

So glad to hear your blood work came back great! :)

I've decided that I prefer over the bump trousers/Jeans etc... rather than under the bump one's....

I'm now blonde again. I was very blonde couple of years ago, then one day did an at home dye kit and went dark brown. Over the past couple of months I've gone lighter and lighter again... No where near as blonde as I was. But I'm very happy with it!

I agree Soph. The over the belly ones just feel more supportive somehow. :thumbup:

I am sOOOO crampy today. Ugh.... not sure if I should be worried or not. It's like my worst day of menstral cramps before I get my period.

I've just posted on facebook that we're pregnant so it would be the worst luck if something bad happens now when I'm just one day away from my second trimester.

Nobody I know ever experienced af like cramping while pregnant. They keep saying it's round ligament pain, but I know the difference, and this is just like any month of menstral cramps.

Not sure if I should call my Dr. She'll most likely just blow me off and tell me it's normal. :growlmad: Ughhhh!!

Take some paracetamol. Rest on the bed, do as little as possible. It could be your muscles having a right good stretch..... if your worried call your Dr to out your mind at rest!

Hmommy- I've heard if women getting cramps the first few months of pregnancy. My mom who didn't know she was even pregnant for like 10-12 weeks.... Said she remembered having bad stomach aches at night... Every pregnancy is different. Hope you feel better though :)

It gets to this time of night when I'm really uncomfortable. Find it hard to breathe, find a comfortable position to sit on sofa.....
If I'm like this now dread to think what I'll be like 5 months down the road....

16 weeks tomorrow, 4 months gone... my God how did that time fly?????

Ouch.... think I may have cystitis.
Had sex last night a d woken up today and when I wee it burns not just on the outside but feels like Inside me too.
Never had it before so drinking loads and hoping I'll flush it out. If not Will find late night chemist and grab something from there....

The joys!!!!

Oh no soph hope you not getting a UTI. They are the worst. Try cranberry juice.

So I have this friend. Our daughters are 4 days apart. Well she knew we were trying for three years to have another. So a month ago she says to me I think I want to start trying. So I wish her the best since I know the ttc thing can be exhausting more ways than one. So she texts me today a pic of her peed stick that says pregnant that she peed on two hours ago. I asked if she was late and she says no she wasn't due until tomorrow. So I wished her congrats but at the same time wanted to say " are you serious?! Couldn't you have at least waited to see the dr?" Before you rub in how easy it was for you. Ok done with my rant lol

Some people just have no clue do they??? Even tho preg now people keep asking if and when I'm announcing g it on fb. Keep telling them those that know know, but other don't need to know. So.e people mention every little thing, twinge and its just not me!

Sorry guys gonna have a rant and rave to get it out of my system...

The other night I told hubby that my sister had put in an offer for a house near to where we live. His reply was "oh" but in a completely disinterested way. So I said he could be a bit more interested then the tirade came out he doesn't give a fuck about my family what they do or don't do he couldn't give a shit.
As you expect the tears came out as he said it with such hatred which hurt even more.
Basically it is such double standards with him, I supposed to listen to all the troubles and trials his brother causes without ever backing his side or seeing where his brother is comin from without being accused of being as stupid as they are etc...

Today it's bank holiday here so we were both off. We were driving out when he asked what are the plans an I said that soon we'll have to start to think about redecorating the room for the baby. Which then started it all off that he said the room is fine (it's a bright pale blue with scratches, scuffes and marks over the walls) and I said that its blue and I wanted a more nutural colour so either sex. Blue is apparently fine for either sex and he said "there are two of us in this relationship" meaning that what he says goes.... he said loads more but just cannot be bothered to write it all down again.

Is it wrong for me to want to get the nursery nice, it feels as though sometimes every time I try to get excited about this baby he knocks the excitement out of me.
So now I feels as though I just have to keep silent about my family now, my job (which in th past he moaned that I came back home one day and didn't atop talking about it) this baby. Basically anything that doesn't directly involve him as the number one priority or who it is all about.

Since this morning we have not spoken I've just avoided him as he'll say something horrible or text something horrible, learnt to just ignore him completely.

all I want is someone who just asks how I'm doing, feeling or takes what I'm going through into consideration. All those men out there that don't let their partners lift a finger or just looks after them whilst pregnant .... mine is complete opposite. Doesn't help out I cooked a meal for his mother and stepfather yesterday, not even a thank you or let me help you...

Feel so alone at times. Doesn't help with all the hormones either, feeling especially emotional at the moment.

Rant over....

Sorry guys gonna have a rant and rave to get it out of my system...

The other night I told hubby that my sister had put in an offer for a house near to where we live. His reply was "oh" but in a completely disinterested way. So I said he could be a bit more interested then the tirade came out he doesn't give a fuck about my family what they do or don't do he couldn't give a shit.
As you expect the tears came out as he said it with such hatred which hurt even more.
Basically it is such double standards with him, I supposed to listen to all the troubles and trials his brother causes without ever backing his side or seeing where his brother is comin from without being accused of being as stupid as they are etc...

Today it's bank holiday here so we were both off. We were driving out when he asked what are the plans an I said that soon we'll have to start to think about redecorating the room for the baby. Which then started it all off that he said the room is fine (it's a bright pale blue with scratches, scuffes and marks over the walls) and I said that its blue and I wanted a more nutural colour so either sex. Blue is apparently fine for either sex and he said "there are two of us in this relationship" meaning that what he says goes.... he said loads more but just cannot be bothered to write it all down again.

Is it wrong for me to want to get the nursery nice, it feels as though sometimes every time I try to get excited about this baby he knocks the excitement out of me.
So now I feels as though I just have to keep silent about my family now, my job (which in th past he moaned that I came back home one day and didn't atop talking about it) this baby. Basically anything that doesn't directly involve him as the number one priority or who it is all about.

Since this morning we have not spoken I've just avoided him as he'll say something horrible or text something horrible, learnt to just ignore him completely.

all I want is someone who just asks how I'm doing, feeling or takes what I'm going through into consideration. All those men out there that don't let their partners lift a finger or just looks after them whilst pregnant .... mine is complete opposite. Doesn't help out I cooked a meal for his mother and stepfather yesterday, not even a thank you or let me help you...

Feel so alone at times. Doesn't help with all the hormones either, feeling especially emotional at the moment.

Rant over....

Oh dear, I'm sorry you have to go through this. Is he having stress at work? Would you be able to have a conversation with him about the way he is making you feel?

You have every right to do the nursery. That's what moms do. There is no reason not to. I went out and bought expensive zero VOCC paint in the color I wanted and my mom came over and helped paint. DH ended up doing the edges. A reasonable compromise would be to paint it neutral. Blue is not acceptable (to me) for a girl. It just doesn't make sense to me??

Just so you don't feel alone... My DH does not baby me. He doesn't hold me and touch my belly, he doesn't ask me how I'm feeling. It aggravates me and hurts and sometimes I say hurtful things to him like OMG, do you not love these babies? And I'm sure I've said other things. :dohh: but he's been great in other areas... Like working to get things done. I dunno DH and I don't communicate well and that leads to loads of problems. But most of the time ill RE approach him in a gentle way and the problem will get resolved. Maybe you can do the same?

I read a great article about stress and stuff while pregnant:
I don't have the link but I copy and pasted the two points that resonates with me as I was mad as hell with DH at the time.
Here :
5. Consider the long-term effects of your emotional life. One of the most controversial areas of prenatal research is the study of correlations between a mother's emotional life while pregnant and the later personality of her child. Is an anxious mother more likely to produce an anxious baby? Studies relating maternal attitudes to the emotional development of the offspring do indeed reveal a tendency for anxious mothers to produce anxious babies. They also show that mothers who resented being pregnant and felt no attachment to their babies were more likely to have children who had emotional problems. Mothers with less anxious pregnancies, whose babies were wanted and loved, tended to have emotionally healthy children. While studies suggest that the short-term emotional upsets and quickly resolved anxieties that occur in all pregnancies do not harm the baby emotionally, major emotional disturbances and unresolved stresses throughout the pregnancy, may lead to emotionally troubled children. Extreme maternal distress even poses a risk of hurting baby physically, as it has been linked with increased risk of prematurity and low birth weight.

6. Understand the stress-hormone link. What could cause this fascinating correlation between maternal thoughts and fetal personality development? Certainly, mother's emotions don't cross the placenta, but her hormones do. Researchers believe that a stressed mother produces an abundance of stress hormones called catecholamines, which have been shown to, in turn, affect emotions. When catecholamines are taken from frightened animals and injected into other animals, the recipients act frightened as well. Scientists theorize that these chemical stressors cross the placenta and "frighten" the developing nervous system. If it happens often enough, the fetus actually gets used to feeling chronically stressed. His system is prepared to overreact to stimuli. Babies who are born with an already overcharged and possibly disturbed nervous system show more emotional disturbances and gastrointestinal upsets, which will earn this baby the label "colicky."

Ladies, I cannot believe I have to say this but I lost my baby this morning at 13 weeks and 1 day. We had told everyone and Facebook announcements galore. I am devastated. Not sure when we will jump back into ivf again but soon I hope. God help me to get through this...

Oh.my.gosh. *tears* this is saddens me more than you know. I will pray for peace and comfort during this tragic time. Take all the time you need to heal and grieve properly. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hmmy I am so so sorry Hun...what happened? Xx

Hmommy I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs and prayers for you both. We are all here for you

oh my God Hmommy - I am so sorry sweetie!! My heart is crying out for you ....I don't even know what to say to console you ....

I have been out of town multiple times and have DH's father at home, so have been very busy. Finally decided to check up on you girls this morning and saw this update ...I am shocked!

I wanted to share the stresses I am going through at home bz of my father-in-law and how upset I have been with his behavior towards me, specially when I am pregnant and taking care of him from last 1.5 months...but all this now looks trivial in front of what hmoomy is going through...so I won't even mention it now ...

Babsttc- I understand how you feel. Everything seems trivial when things like this happen.
But we are here for you too. :)

Exactly what I thought when I saw hmommy's update after my rant!!!
Rant away we are here for everyone no matter what is going on good or bad, we all need each other and we all know what each other has been through to get to our stages we are at!!!

Hmommy - hope you are bearing up all things considering? Been thinking about you all day today!

Girls, I'm in a fog of grief. Am questioning everything I did and didn't do. I just know the hematoma had something to do with this, and my progesterone levels went down and had to be increased one week before I was told to discontinue it since my ivf cycle was over. I lost the baby 48 hours after discontinuing both. :growlmad: if I'm lucky enough to become pregnant again, I'm going to insist on continuing progesterone support into the second trimester.

thank you all so much for your kind words and support. :hugs: hubby and I will get through this. For now, if you could keep us in your prayers we would appreciate it. Xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->