IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they knock you out completely you won't feel a thing, if they sedate you you will. I don't want to scare anyone, for the most part the procedure was just uncomfortable it was just the last 2 or so jabs that really hurt. I think mine was 20-25 minutes last time for 20 eggs if you have less it takes less time unless they have problems getting to the eggs.

Thank u! Are u opting for 3 day or 5 day transfer? I am going fo five days but with my age i depends on how long the embryos survive.

Im also scheduled for a 5day transfer.

Hey Everyone!!:happydance:

I'm new here and would like to talk with others on the experience I am going through..

Im 26 Years old and my Husband is 33. I have a 6 year old son from a previous relationship and my husband doesn't have any.

We were trying to conceive over a year and didn't get prego, so went to DR- Everything seemed fine with me and I previously got pregnant and gave birth in 2005- which was unexpected and while I was on the pill :winkwink:

My husband went to a local urologist after several semen analysis which showed he didnt have any sperm at all.. Well months and months went by we were referred to an awesome Dr an hour from home and after many and many tests..They really couldnt find what was wrong so they decided to proceed with surgery where they removed testicles and GUESS WHAT... They found lots and lots and lots of sperm but there was a blockage...So Pretty much this is where we are now.. We are going to have to undergo IVF with ICSI.. I'm very anxious now that the time has come but also scared and just dont understand sometimes:nope: During all this and seeing what my husband has went through and us wanting to have a child so bad and then having to go through all this and its very expensive.

Well, the time has come and this is where I'm @ now...

IVF #1 and we hope and pray it will be successful:hugs:

I Started BCP May 2012 and just finished them June 23

Started Lupron 20 units 6/20 along with Doxycycline 100mg twice a day

Ive been feeling a little loopy and emotional

I went to the DR today 6/28 for a Baseline Ultrasound and Bloodwork-- so far they said everything seemed and looked great

Tomorrow, 6/29 I reduce Lupron to 5 unites and Start GONAL-F 225 units

I then go back to the DR next Mon, Wed and Fri for bloodwork and ultrasounds

and I will probably have my retreival around July 9th ( My Birthday is the 8th)

I'm really not sure what to expect bc Ive never done this before and dont really have anyone to talk with bc we have pretty much kept this a secret from most of our friends and family.

I know it is very overwhelming when you start but its not as bad as you think. Fx'd you have first time success :hugs: Did they continue wiht the removal of the testicles or did they just clear the blockage?

AFM~ Scan tomorrow and I will probably trigger for my IUI. My OPK's are not even close to being positive. I'm wondering if the clomid changed things in my cycle a little bit. I'll let you know how things go.

Gl with your scan!!! I never monitor much at home when they monitor me as it is far to confusing.

I was knocked out completely for my Er. Woke up with no pain at all. Went out to lunch.

Yay napa!!! It is gorgeous there especially this time of year when it is warm too.

Preg mention got my second beta 349 yikes. Progesterone was 276 so they want me to do a redraw Monday before I put in crinone that day. Scheduled for us on the 18th but my doc will already be on Vaca so ick ick I get the old dude who works there too. Preg mention

:happydance: Awesome beta!!!! Cant wait for the scan! But i think you will for sure try and see earlier hey, seeing that you can peep :haha:

One... So sorry about the cancelation. I've been there. What's the plan at this point? Any changes to your protocol?

Tella, sounds like you are post retrieval. Will have to go check your journal...

Squid! Wow! Check out that beta! Time to start looking into nannies... I think you'll need help with twins!

Jennylynn, so excited about your twinkies!!

Yes im 2dp ER.

Hi! Sorry for lag of update... I have had a long day! Bitter sweet but anyways... My brother and his wife had their twins today and if I would have been pg first ivf the ba y would be due in a few weeks time and we had talked about raising the kids together since they would be so close in age then we discussed it even more when the 2nd ivf took.... So reminds me once again. Anyways, I did rescan today... Everything seems to be resolving on its own :) the pain is gone also. So I'm happy about that. I'm away this weekend so probably won't be on here much.

Drs: great beta! Maybe both took! That's fantastic :)

Sorry about the reminder day, im gonna have those as well. My SIL got pregnant on my last IUI cycle :cry:

AFM >

Update:

We have 6 embies at the moment, 4 at the 4cell stage which is right on track and 2 which is still at the 2 cell stage but the embroyologist sounds optimistic that they will catch up. She said there is also some others that are also fertilizes and still deviding but cant count on them yet.

My transfer is on Monday at 10am. She said we will definitely have 2 great embies for transfer. :happydance:

Hi! How exciting! Good luck for your transfer on Monday. I will be following your posts as my retrieval is scheduled for Monday or Tuesday with transfer towards the end of the week.

if they knock you out completely you won't feel a thing, if they sedate you you will. I don't want to scare anyone, for the most part the procedure was just uncomfortable it was just the last 2 or so jabs that really hurt. I think mine was 20-25 minutes last time for 20 eggs if you have less it takes less time unless they have problems getting to the eggs.

Thank u! Are u opting for 3 day or 5 day transfer? I am going fo five days but with my age i depends on how long the embryos survive.

I'm new here and would like to talk with others on the experience I am going through..

Im 26 Years old and my Husband is 33. I have a 6 year old son from a previous relationship and my husband doesn't have any.

We were trying to conceive over a year and didn't get prego, so went to DR- Everything seemed fine with me and I previously got pregnant and gave birth in 2005- which was unexpected and while I was on the pill :winkwink:

My husband went to a local urologist after several semen analysis which showed he didnt have any sperm at all.. Well months and months went by we were referred to an awesome Dr an hour from home and after many and many tests..They really couldnt find what was wrong so they decided to proceed with surgery where they removed testicles and GUESS WHAT... They found lots and lots and lots of sperm but there was a blockage...So Pretty much this is where we are now.. We are going to have to undergo IVF with ICSI.. I'm very anxious now that the time has come but also scared and just dont understand sometimes:nope: During all this and seeing what my husband has went through and us wanting to have a child so bad and then having to go through all this and its very expensive.

I went to the DR today 6/28 for a Baseline Ultrasound and Bloodwork-- so far they said everything seemed and looked great

I'm really not sure what to expect bc Ive never done this before and dont really have anyone to talk with bc we have pretty much kept this a secret from most of our friends and family.

I know it is very overwhelming when you start but its not as bad as you think. Fx'd you have first time success :hugs: Did they continue wiht the removal of the testicles or did they just clear the blockage?

AFM~ Scan tomorrow and I will probably trigger for my IUI. My OPK's are not even close to being positive. I'm wondering if the clomid changed things in my cycle a little bit. I'll let you know how things go.

Gl with your scan!!! I never monitor much at home when they monitor me as it is far to confusing.

I was knocked out completely for my Er. Woke up with no pain at all. Went out to lunch.

Yay napa!!! It is gorgeous there especially this time of year when it is warm too.

Preg mention got my second beta 349 yikes. Progesterone was 276 so they want me to do a redraw Monday before I put in crinone that day. Scheduled for us on the 18th but my doc will already be on Vaca so ick ick I get the old dude who works there too. Preg mention

:happydance: Awesome beta!!!! Cant wait for the scan! But i think you will for sure try and see earlier hey, seeing that you can peep :haha:

One... So sorry about the cancelation. I've been there. What's the plan at this point? Any changes to your protocol?

Tella, sounds like you are post retrieval. Will have to go check your journal...

Squid! Wow! Check out that beta! Time to start looking into nannies... I think you'll need help with twins!

Yes im 2dp ER.

Hi! Sorry for lag of update... I have had a long day! Bitter sweet but anyways... My brother and his wife had their twins today and if I would have been pg first ivf the ba y would be due in a few weeks time and we had talked about raising the kids together since they would be so close in age then we discussed it even more when the 2nd ivf took.... So reminds me once again. Anyways, I did rescan today... Everything seems to be resolving on its own :) the pain is gone also. So I'm happy about that. I'm away this weekend so probably won't be on here much.

Sorry about the reminder day, im gonna have those as well. My SIL got pregnant on my last IUI cycle :cry:

AFM >

Update:

We have 6 embies at the moment, 4 at the 4cell stage which is right on track and 2 which is still at the 2 cell stage but the embroyologist sounds optimistic that they will catch up. She said there is also some others that are also fertilizes and still deviding but cant count on them yet.

My transfer is on Monday at 10am. She said we will definitely have 2 great embies for transfer. :happydance:

Awesome news Tella! Im praying that those other little guys keep on dividing for you!

Tella~ Sounds like you have got some good ones growing! Fx they keep it up.

raelynn~ Good luck today!! I look forward to your update. I hope everything goes well and the day isn't as crazy as you thought it would be.

mrsc clomid can alter when you O, usually you O 5-9 days after your last pill, hope that helps.

drsquid good luck.

Hey kelly9- i hope you are doing well......i hope this question isnt to personal but on ur sig it says you got your first bfp but missed carried at 18 weeks due to SCT iam just wondering what is that?? i hope iam not gettin to personal :hugs:

Yes im 2dp ER.

AFM >

Update:

They didnt fix the blockage bc it would have to be done in another procedure but they removed the sperm and froze 8 vials of it so we have plenty.. They tested one vial with the unthawing process and said it survived fine so we should be ok.. If they would have fixed the blockage then he said pretty much my husband would be on bed rest for 2 months.. The blockage repair was about half the cost of IVF but if he would be out of work for 2 months then would put us above the IVF cost

Hey girls just a quick question.......this is to all the girls that have got there bfp i have been still getting cramps iam wondering is this still normal to be getting them my doc says its normal to have cramps just as long as i dont have any bledding which i dont thank god but does anyone else has this aswell?????

raelynn~ Good luck today!! I look forward to your update. I hope everything goes well and the day isn't as crazy as you thought it would be.

ER went great today! They got 15 eggs. The doctor and nurses were very happy with that so I am too. My dad took me to the hospital this morning because hubby was still waiting to see if the frozen sperm survived or if he needed to go have his operation. It turned out the frozen did fine so that was wonderful news too and hubby was able to come and be with me in recovery.

I'm just a bit crampy but other than that I feel fine. The anesthesia was great! I woke up and was worried because I thought I fell asleep at a dr appointment :haha: but then I figured it out. It was just like waking up from a great nap.

tiff- im kinda crampy especially if i realize i have to pee and dont go right away. also realized a lot of my cramps are gas

Hey girls just a quick question.......this is to all the girls that have got there bfp i have been still getting cramps iam wondering is this still normal to be getting them my doc says its normal to have cramps just as long as i dont have any bledding which i dont thank god but does anyone else has this aswell?????

Hey tiff. I still am having cramping, they arent as bad as a couple days ago. My cramping was so bad i think Tuesday, I went to the ER. Well I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday and my doctor said its normal to have cramping as long as there is no blood. She said my severe cramping could have been caused by my cyst on the ovaries. I think we are both fine and are going to have healthy pregnancies!
Congrats!

I'm doing 2 at day 3 since my clinic won't do 3 at day 5 cause of my age. Makes me mad.

tiffttc, I don't mind asking, and SCT is a sacrococcygeal teratoma, it's a tumour that grows off the tailbone region and can be external and internal, usually benign if dealt with at birth. Doesn't sound to bad you'd just think they'd remove it when the baby was born, problem with my Hannah's tumour was it was so large and had such a massive blood flow that it was putting pressure on her heart to pump to her body and the tumour so we went in to have intrauterine fetal surgery so cut off the blood flow and stop the tumour from growing. The surgery went well but Hannah died a few hours later. I'm very sensitive about people calling it a miscarriage because it was not a miscarriage it was a stillbirth, I know you meant nothing by it so no worries just wanted to let you know.

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear that! That must've been so awful for you and your family! Prayers and lots of :hugs:

ER went great today! They got 15 eggs. The doctor and nurses were very happy with that so I am too. My dad took me to the hospital this morning because hubby was still waiting to see if the frozen sperm survived or if he needed to go have his operation. It turned out the frozen did fine so that was wonderful news too and hubby was able to come and be with me in recovery.

I'm just a bit crampy but other than that I feel fine. The anesthesia was great! I woke up and was worried because I thought I fell asleep at a dr appointment :haha: but then I figured it out. It was just like waking up from a great nap.

Yay for so many eggs collected!! I'm so glad that your DH's sample thawed without any issues. I can only imagine how stressful that must have been this morning. Fx for some good fertilized ones! Sounds like the drugs did you good today. :haha: That would be a weird feeling to think you fell asleep at an appointment.

I'm doing 2 at day 3 since my clinic won't do 3 at day 5 cause of my age. Makes me mad.

tiffttc, I don't mind asking, and SCT is a sacrococcygeal teratoma, it's a tumour that grows off the tailbone region and can be external and internal, usually benign if dealt with at birth. Doesn't sound to bad you'd just think they'd remove it when the baby was born, problem with my Hannah's tumour was it was so large and had such a massive blood flow that it was putting pressure on her heart to pump to her body and the tumour so we went in to have intrauterine fetal surgery so cut off the blood flow and stop the tumour from growing. The surgery went well but Hannah died a few hours later. I'm very sensitive about people calling it a miscarriage because it was not a miscarriage it was a stillbirth, I know you meant nothing by it so no worries just wanted to let you know.

:hugs:

AFM~ I trigger tonight and IUI on Sunday.

Kelly~ I'm very excited! I do wish my husband was home but we will make the best of it. Only one more month to go. :thumbup:

Do you think they will have you trigger tomorrow?

MrsC - Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

Hey girls sorry I have been mia. I have been trying to lay low before transfer. Wanted to give a quick update...transfered two this afternoon! I'm gonna try to stay off the boards for a few days and just relax and try not to drive myself crazy. I will catch up on you all in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"