IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he doesn't have much pain! My hubby wasn't in much pain at all. Just said it was a bit sore after all the walking around, despite my best efforts to keep him in bed! We used those reusable ice packs too so that may have helped.

Despite having wacky PCOS cycles, I've been temping so I know I'm 11dpo (give or take a day) so AF should be here in the next few days. I've been cramping so I'm hoping it is soon. I'm so nervous we're going to run into our cruise so I'm anxious to get started and get our official schedule so I can relax a little (yeah right! I'll probably just find new things to worry about)

When do you get started?

Hopefully he doesn't have much pain! My hubby wasn't in much pain at all. Just said it was a bit sore after all the walking around, despite my best efforts to keep him in bed! We used those reusable ice packs too so that may have helped.

Despite having wacky PCOS cycles, I've been temping so I know I'm 11dpo (give or take a day) so AF should be here in the next few days. I've been cramping so I'm hoping it is soon. I'm so nervous we're going to run into our cruise so I'm anxious to get started and get our official schedule so I can relax a little (yeah right! I'll probably just find new things to worry about)

When do you get started?

We have an ice pack also but he won't use it. He says he doesn't need it. :nope: I think he does!

I hope AF shows on time so that you don't run into troubles with the cruise. When is that planned for again. I remember you said but that was way to many pages back. We are planning to get start her shortly. BC will be started with July AF and then we will go from there. I just wish AF would show up now for me. She is late. :growlmad:

Men! Ha ha They don't know how to take care of themselves.

What is it with AF and coming when we don't want her and not showing when we need her to? Our cruise is at the end of July so I think we should be ok as long as I respond well to the drugs.

Hi MrsC, I'm glad everything went well with the TESE!

I have been lurking and reading everyone's updates with interest but not really posting a lot.

There have been developments since my last post. AF came 4 days early, probably because of the Estrace, and I started stimming this past Sunday. Looks like June 1st is the tentative date for ER. I'm nervous. I'm hoping that I respond well to the stims as the RE prescribed a relatively low dose for my age.

Question for you ladies, is it normal to bloat on the stims? My belly is round and firm and I'm worried I won't be able to get into my work pants if this continues. :wacko:

Mrs C, so pleased they found some :spermy:I remember feeling such relief when they found sperm. I agree with all you girls, we were told to ice, ice, ice but Simon refused. They can be so bloody stubborn :wacko:

Sorry I haven't been on for a while, just been a bit of a mess lately. We still don't have any clear results re Simon's cancer. Basically the Urolgist is placing his bets both ways. He doesn't think it's cancer but on the other hand we aren't allowed to do any more TESE procedures on him because the risk of spreading cancer cells (if it is cancer) is just too great. So that is the end of our fertility treatment using Simon's sperm. So have just been working through all the feelings that have been coming up around using donor sperm. We have one frozen embryo left which we will try our luck with, but I'm not holding out much hope. We have to see him again in September. He said that it is usual now, with small potential testicular cancers to take a 'watch & wait' approach. We see our FS next wednesday, so we'll see where we go from here. Accessing donor sperm in Aus is a real bitch, so the next step could be challenging...

Anyway, I'm still kind of lurking here, bcause it's been very painful seeing others moving forward when we just seem to be constantly treading water. But if it's ok I'll keep lurking because we may use our little frozen emby soon & I wanna keep up with everyone's progress...

Wishing you all much :dust: MJ xx

Congrats, Lisa! You are giving me hope about the less than perfect embies. I put back an early blast and morula...less than ideal.

Fingers crossed, Coz!

TTB, sorry about no frosties, but you won't need them anyway!

Jchic, glad surgery went well and your chances are greatly improved!

haj, 3 frosties is awesome. I'm jealous! And I totally felt like you did about the bathroom situation after transfer. I was misrable...prunes finally did the trick.

Sorry about the no period drsquid...where is that b$#%&?

Annette, glad the transfer went well. I like your doctor's view on frosties. Our clinic says their patients only have then 50% of the time, so having any is a success. But congrats on having 2!

MrsC, so happy the appointment went well today. I'm sure you will get good news.

AFM, I have been testing the last few days and might have the faintest of lines. I tested last night and there was a faint line. Then tested this morning and it was lighter...pretty much invisible! I cried on and off all day today...thank god I have a door at work. And then I tested tonight and got another faint line...a little darker than yesterday (picture should be attached). The test says 6 dpt, but I'm really 7dpt. The picture is terrible, so I doubt anyone can even see it. It is so unphotogenic. :haha: It seems like it should be darker by now, but I'm going to try to think positively. Beta on Thursday.

Now I'm going to watch my dvr-ed Bachelorette...I know, I'm lame.

Attachments

• 7dpt2.jpg
    7dpt2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 32
Hey everyone, I have been MIA for the simple fact that I no longer have a computer at home since my home was burglarized on Saturday and everything was taken, computers, ipad, ipods, jewelry, my Louie Vuitton bag. We are devastated, and to top it all off, we have no renters insurance. My biggest fear was all the meds for IVF, thank God, they are still here, untouched.

Jchic, I am glad your surgery went well, and the doc gave you some good odds for IVF!!

Haj, yay for perfects blasts transfer and 3 frosties. Fx'd for a BFP!!! so exciting

Daisy, so sorry to hear the IVF cycle was cancelled buy lets hope you wont need it, as this IUI will work.

Mrsc, Im happy all went well with hubby surgery, when do you find out the results? Fx'd for some great spermies!!

Mobaby, hopefully you get the go ahead to start the process.

Lulu, I am so sorry:hugs:

Sorry if I forgot anyone. I will check in as much as I can w/out a computer, I am currently on my DH work computer. And its been so hard to check in at work, ive been so busy.

AFM, I have my doc appt on June 4, to see if I ovulated so they can tell me when to start the meds.

Hi MrsC, I'm glad everything went well with the TESE!

I have been lurking and reading everyone's updates with interest but not really posting a lot.

There have been developments since my last post. AF came 4 days early, probably because of the Estrace, and I started stimming this past Sunday. Looks like June 1st is the tentative date for ER. I'm nervous. I'm hoping that I respond well to the stims as the RE prescribed a relatively low dose for my age.

Question for you ladies, is it normal to bloat on the stims? My belly is round and firm and I'm worried I won't be able to get into my work pants if this continues. :wacko:

Thank you!

Yay for getting started on stims! I do think it's normal to bloat during the stims. I hope it doesn't get any worse though.

Mrs C, so pleased they found some :spermy:I remember feeling such relief when they found sperm. I agree with all you girls, we were told to ice, ice, ice but Simon refused. They can be so bloody stubborn :wacko:

Sorry I haven't been on for a while, just been a bit of a mess lately. We still don't have any clear results re Simon's cancer. Basically the Urolgist is placing his bets both ways. He doesn't think it's cancer but on the other hand we aren't allowed to do any more TESE procedures on him because the risk of spreading cancer cells (if it is cancer) is just too great. So that is the end of our fertility treatment using Simon's sperm. So have just been working through all the feelings that have been coming up around using donor sperm. We have one frozen embryo left which we will try our luck with, but I'm not holding out much hope. We have to see him again in September. He said that it is usual now, with small potential testicular cancers to take a 'watch & wait' approach. We see our FS next wednesday, so we'll see where we go from here. Accessing donor sperm in Aus is a real bitch, so the next step could be challenging...

Anyway, I'm still kind of lurking here, bcause it's been very painful seeing others moving forward when we just seem to be constantly treading water. But if it's ok I'll keep lurking because we may use our little frozen emby soon & I wanna keep up with everyone's progress...

Wishing you all much :dust: MJ xx

:hugs: Thanks for remembering and checking in. I was going to stop in your journal a little later this evening. It is a relief that they found some. The added stress of not knowing if there is sperm or not is very hard. I'm so sorry you guys have to wait so long just to figure out what is happening. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you guys. Fx the frozen embryo will be all that you need.

Congrats, Lisa! You are giving me hope about the less than perfect embies. I put back an early blast and morula...less than ideal.

Fingers crossed, Coz!

haj, 3 frosties is awesome. I'm jealous! And I totally felt like you did about the bathroom situation after transfer. I was misrable...prunes finally did the trick.

Annette, glad the transfer went well. I like your doctor's view on frosties. Our clinic says their patients only have then 50% of the time, so having any is a success. But congrats on having 2!

MrsC, so happy the appointment went well today. I'm sure you will get good news.

AFM, I have been testing the last few days and might have the faintest of lines. I tested last night and there was a faint line. Then tested this morning and it was lighter...pretty much invisible! I cried on and off all day today...thank god I have a door at work. And then I tested tonight and got another faint line...a little darker than yesterday (picture should be attached). The test says 6 dpt, but I'm really 7dpt. The picture is terrible, so I doubt anyone can even see it. It is so unphotogenic. :haha: It seems like it should be darker by now, but I'm going to try to think positively. Beta on Thursday.

I can see the line! Stay positive and Thursday will be a great day.

I watch the Bachelorette also :blush: I some how forgot it was on last night so I will be catching up online tomorrow. I have to watch them when hubby is busy because he can't stand my "crap shows." :haha:

Oneof- I'm so sorry. You are the 2nd person I've seen post recently about being robbed. That sucks. Glad they left your meds alone. Do any of your credit cards do insurance at all (I know some sometimes will cover prior purchases, worth looking into).

Hey everyone, I have been MIA for the simple fact that I no longer have a computer at home since my home was burglarized on Saturday and everything was taken, computers, ipad, ipods, jewelry, my Louie Vuitton bag. We are devastated, and to top it all off, we have no renters insurance. My biggest fear was all the meds for IVF, thank God, they are still here, untouched.

Jchic, I am glad your surgery went well, and the doc gave you some good odds for IVF!!

Haj, yay for perfects blasts transfer and 3 frosties. Fx'd for a BFP!!! so exciting

Daisy, so sorry to hear the IVF cycle was cancelled buy lets hope you wont need it, as this IUI will work.

Mrsc, Im happy all went well with hubby surgery, when do you find out the results? Fx'd for some great spermies!!

Mobaby, hopefully you get the go ahead to start the process.

Lulu, I am so sorry:hugs:

Sorry if I forgot anyone. I will check in as much as I can w/out a computer, I am currently on my DH work computer. And its been so hard to check in at work, ive been so busy.

AFM, I have my doc appt on June 4, to see if I ovulated so they can tell me when to start the meds.

Looks like we were posting at the same time. I can't believe someone stole all of your stuff. That is horrible! :growlmad: I'm glad your meds didn't get touched. That is the plus in a horrible situation. Is there anything the police can do to help you? I hope something can be done to help.

We won't know results for a day or two but I'll be calling tomorrow to find out. I'm going to become the crazy lady that calls every hour for answers. I can already feel it coming on. :haha: I'll let you all know as soon as we find something out though. We do have an appt on the 31st to go over everything and also our injection training class is on the 29th. That will be a long one. 2 hours to learn and practice seems like a lot of time and info to take in.

MrsC, I'm glad to hear DH's procedure went well today. I'm sure men feel like they have to act all tough and can't let on if they're in pain, especially in such a sensitive area!

Oneof, so sorry to hear about your home. Good thing the burglar didn't know what he could have made selling those IVF meds on the black market!

s08, I think your test looks very promising! I'll be keeping my fx'd for you.

Not much going on here, although I did get an email that my meds had shipped from England - I'm curious to see how long it will take for them to show up!

Congrats, Lisa! You are giving me hope about the less than perfect . I put back an early blast and morula...less than ideal.

Fingers crossed, Coz!

s08: I see the faint line too... keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

p.s... I just watched the recorded version of bachelorette too! lol... they get me every year! lol..

Just popping in quickly - MrsC glad everything went well today!

Haj - I have seen some good info on timelines of implantation, will try to find it and post back

Will catch up on the other posts a little later.

L8bloomer- I did. But you should be weighing yourself everyday to watch out for ohss.

So8-omg I see a line yayyy!!! That's great, especially for only 6dpt.

One of 14- I'm so sorry. People are awful.

Haj: This looks like a pretty good timeline after ET.. .. so I will be testing on day 6 ! lol...

https://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

Approximate timelines
3-Day Transfer
Days Past Transfer (DPT) -Embryo Development
One - The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
Two - The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
Three - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Four - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Five - The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Six - Implantation continues
Seven - Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Eight - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Nine - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Ten - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eleven - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

5-Day Transfer
Days Past Transfer (DPT) - Embryo Development
One - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Two - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Three - The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Four - Implantation continues
Five - Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Six - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Seven - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eight - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Nine - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

My clinic said that implantation normally starts on day 6, but because they transferred an early blast it would be closer to end of day 6. Sounds like day 6/7 past ER (ie, 1-2 days past 5 day transfer) is pretty average for implantation.

Haj: This looks like a pretty good timeline after ET.. .. so I will be testing on day 6 ! lol...

https://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

Lol, we've been looking at the same thing :)

L8bloomer, I had terrible bloating with stims, and towards the end I was going to work with my pants unbuttoned!!

Oneof14, so sorry about the house being burglarized. How terrible! One more blow, when already you are feeling stressed. Looking forward to you starting your cycle.

MJ, I don't know you, but I'm so sorry about your situation. My thoughts are with you and I'm hoping that you get good news soon.

Afm, just leaving my progesterone check. Should be starting estrace today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"