January 2020 Garnets

I have no idea what a chick fil a is Cute sign though A chicken eatery?

Congrats on your boy Fit Mama...knowing the gender must make it feel all the more real

Fit mama - congrats on a healthy little boy! I think it's the season for boys, everyone I know that is pregnant is having a boy lol.

I've never tried chick fil a, I really wanted to when I went to New York but we ended up going to a Wendy's instead. The baconator fries there are amazing and they really need to bring them to the UK lol. Xx

I still eat the same food I usually do. I won't branch out on the riskier foods - I've never gotten sick eating sushi from my favourite spot, so I'll still eat it there, just not anywhere new.

At present, I have so many food aversions that further restricting my diet seems crazy :)

@Literati_Love they should be able to put in a temporary thing that isn't a real filling that will keep it free from infection for a while :)

Sorry to hear about your filling Literati, what lousy timing. Hopefully they can do what J.D. suggested. I'm due to go for a cleaning but am terrified they'll find a cavity... I just need to suck it up I know.

We don't have Chick Fil A in Canada. Apparently they're opening one in Toronto but that's not exactly close. Much easier to just go to WA State.

Finally bought some maternity pants yesterday, ahhhh. I still have several tops and dresses from my pregnancy with DS but got rid of all my pants for some reason. I got 2 pairs of leggings, 2 pairs of work pants and a pair of jeans and figure that should do it. (My mom will probably end up buying me a couple of things).

Speaking of moms, has anyone NOT told parents yet? We haven't! We plan to surprise my parents when we see them at the end of the month, and my MIL is a blabbermouth so we're not telling her until we're ready for the whole world to know.

Glad to see everyone is doing well :)
From the sounds of it I’m lucky I’m vegetarian as I don’t have to be so careful about what I’m eating! I don’t think that would have even crossed my mind!

We don’t have chick fil here either - or waffles really! The ones we do have are potato so a bit like hash browns?

FitMama I keep nearly buying maternity jeans and then worrying I’m jinxing myself and not doing it! I have literally two pairs of trousers that fit me now and even they are uncomfortable round my tummy but really baggy on the legs! They were too big for me before! I think I will cave after the next scan so these will have to do for the next two weeks unless I get much bigger before!

We’ve told our parents and our bosses. I think we’ll tell close friends and family after the next scan. It’s irritating me that my bump is so noticeable as I feel like my work colleagues will know (or at least suspect) before some friends and family!

I feel the same about jinxing myself Red, I finally broke down yesterday because my pants have become so uncomfortable!! The night before I got my Harmony results back I was whining to DH that I needed new pants but was afraid that if I bought them then my results would be bad. ](*,) It's nuts but we can't help how we feel, especially after multiple losses.

When is your next scan? Mine is next Wednesday.

I've told my boss and will probably tell my coworkers provided my next scan goes well, mostly because it's so uncomfortable trying to suck my bump in all day at work...and even then I think it's pretty noticeable.

We have told everyone but MIL and if/when we talk to her again, DH will tell her.

I'm the same on the trouser department. Only had 2 pairs which I have to fasten with a bobble now as I can't get the button to fit anymore lol. Hubby has just brought me 3 pairs of jeans and some leggings and I cannot wait to put them on, I love maternity jeans :lol:

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow and I can't wait to see the baby actually looking like a baby this time! Xx

Fit mama - We haven’t told our parents yet either. I’m not sure when to tell them. I don’t want to tell my kids yet because my dd2 will tell the world, and I fear if I tell my mom first, she will blab it to my kids because she watches them twice a week and is not very good at keeping secrets. We’re also worried about telling dh’s parents too soon because dh’s dad is having some health issues and isn’t acting like himself, so we worry he would blab as well.

I haven’t told work yet. The only person who knows besides DH is my closest friend, and I only just told her last week.

Red head - I am also annoyed that I’m showing so much already because it’s very difficult to hide at work. Thankfully, I’m mostly just sitting at my desk all day, but I’m sure people will notice soon if they haven’t already. I don’t plan on telling work until I’m 16 weeks (but I’m on holidays from 14-16, so I only have to hide it until my holidays).

Yay for all those getting maternity pants and getting comfy. Thankfully, my pants are all still fitting but they are definitely getting a little tighter. I probably have a couple weeks left of wear in them. The main problem for me is shirts. Even baggy ones kind of show a bump now, and anything that was more fitted before is now basically skin tight and showing everything. I usually switch to maternity shirts fairly early (once I’ve told people) because I think it looks nicer to emphasize a cute little bump rather than try to unsuccessfully hide it under baggy clothes.

Last year with my cancer, before I switched to maternity, I bought bigger sizes. It didnt hide my stomach. I didnt like people assuming i was pregnant BUT the maternity clothes were so much better.

I just say that to relate to trying to hide vs embracing it.

Literati we haven’t told DS yet either for the same reason! That, and the morbid part of me has worried about having to explain a MC to a 3 year old. :-/

Something really funny happened last weekend though. I was changing my shirt and DS pointed at my stomach and said “this is Mommy’s biggest belly ever!” THEN he started patting it gently and saying “hi Baby, hi Baby!” Then DH asked him if I have a baby in my belly and he started laughing and said “nooooo.” So we’re not really sure what he knows at his point! As long as all goes well we’re planning to tell him after my scan next week.

GL at your scan tomorrow Sophie, looking forward to your update!

Im meeting my doula and midwife tomorrow. I go back and forth on a doula. Im super excited for the midwife!! Shes an hour drive but lovely. Last night thinking about it, I was thinking " oh crap, this means I'm committed!". Lol

Fit mama - that’s too funny about your DS making those comments about your belly. Sometimes they are the first to notice those changes. I wonder what he’ll say when you tell him there actually is a baby in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->