January 2020 Garnets

Puke, how did you find the asd was linked to that? My dd2 has asd but I dont think its chromosome related?

Love, generally it gets better and stays away. It can come back in some people.

We discovered he had a chromosomal abnormality my youngest was diagnosed with autism, too. We did tests to find out why - my big boy has a problem which causes autism as well as heart disease (he had a heart surgery at 5 m.o.) and other developmental problems. The younger brother is healthy as a horse :D Just autistic, no chromosomal abnormalities, nothing.

Cute bump!!!!

Ds and dd1 are typical. Dd2 just has asd, no other special things. I think she was born with it and it caused her failure to thrive but I dont know beyond that what caused her to have it.

Have you started thinking about purchases for the baby yet? I am thinking about stroller options right now, I don't want a classical stroller like I had with my eldest kids but I live in a place where there is 50/50 asphalt and sandy/forest roads. So I am still considering my options. Plus there will be snow when he'll be an infant.. Of course, we have lots of time to decide but I am leaning towards Stokke Trailz stroller. Maybe anyone has had any experience with it?
Redirect Notice
url

We already have for the baby. I got it over the last 11 weeks. I have a basic stroller. Nothing fancy

I have ordered a ring sling and a pair of infant converse that were on sale :)

That Stokke looks amazing but I'm loathe to spend that kind of money. I found after 9 months or so, the big pram got to be a hassle, and I wanted something that was easier for the train. I'll probably pick something up second hand like I did last time.

We also baby wear, so the stroller/pram isn't used as much as it would be otherwise.

That’s a lovely bump :)
I still look fat lol! I seem to be filling out on my lower back too which just makes it worse. But then my exercise has severely dropped so that doesn’t help!

I’m not ordering any baby stuff until after the 20 week scan but will take lots of notes on what you buy! That pram looks really good. Can’t believe that price tag though! Intimidating! I love the idea of an all terrain one, although do wonder whether a sling might be easier? I like hiking and normally go at least 4 miles daily with my dogs, so want something that’ll work for that (although that’s probably unrealistic with a new born?)!

I'd skip a sling for hiking. Get a mei tai or moby. You can tie a moby into a sling needed or wear all kinds of ways.

I haven’t bought anything yet. Partly because I want to get out of first tri but also want to wait to find out gender. We pretty much have no baby items anymore. My youngest will be 8 the end of next month so we slowly got rid of things even though I was pretty sure we weren’t done yet. But I will keep it basic. No crib since mine always slept in our bed then moved to a toddler bed. I do want to get the little cot type thing you put on the bed that gives the baby somewhat of a protective barrier. We already have a stroller but it’s hot pink/black. So of this is a boy then not sure I will want to use that. I have a few baby girl clothes left. So we would need clothing, baby essentials, car seat, mini cot, wrap maybe. And some sort of play pen or baby bouncer. I’m not sure what I want there. Anything else you guys can think of? Oh I also want to get a manual breast pump. Those are so nice to have one hand for engorgement, missed feedings etc. I used mine so much the first 12 months. But kind of seems gross to reuse and not even sure I still have it. Plus they aren’t expensive at all.

Unless something changes, we did decide to go on my birthday and find out the gender . Just DH and I. We are not going to share it though. Not even with the kids!

I went back and forth on finding out but I think it will still be nice to surprise everyone else!

That’s a lovely bump :)
I like hiking and normally go at least 4 miles daily with my dogs, so want something that’ll work for that (although that’s probably unrealistic with a new born?)!

For a newborn, a stretchy wrap is the most magical thing money can buy. You just leave it tied to you and pop baby in and out as needed. Even my colickly G would sleep so well in the wrap. I could go anywhere/do anything. She'd just sleep.

The stretchies aren't great forever - as baby gets bigger they do start to sag a bit, but I will definitely be going into hospital with one this time.

I'll have the ring sling for when the stretchy is being washed and for when he gets too big.

I mean, hiking 4 miles a day in the newborn stage will be difficult on you mostly. Baby won't care, especially if they are tucked up close! Also, your dogs may have to learn to be patient for feeding breaks.

I will put a wrap on the list :) thank you!

OnErth how long til your birthday? That’s exciting!

Ah that’ll be a lovely birthday surprise! Not too long now. Amazing how fast it’s all going! X

Hi all :hi: Just came across this group and was hoping I could be added to it please, due with our long-awaited (just over 4 years!) baby #2 on 27.1.2020. have my 12 week scan next week on my birthday, the 18th so praying for good news [-o< x
I'm due the same day too, just haven't updated my ticker yet. I have my scan on Thursday and hoping they give me a final due date as had 3 so far lol. Welcome to the group xx

Met the homebirth OB. She didnt do anything, which I wanted. She did listen to Bee but was too high. I didnt say anything to her, just let her listen around. I already listened to Bee earlier. I'll go back at 36wks.

Sorry OnErth missed your update - i think im too tired to read it right! Did you want her to do things which she didn’t do, or were you happy she didn’t do them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->